• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Using abilities through trigger editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've been using Warcraft 3 editor for awhile (doing mostly basic things) and can't figure out how to make a unit cast a custom ability through the trigger editor. I don't know if it is even possible. I have been trying to work it out for the last couple days. I check everywhere online but can't find anything. If any one can help please do...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
This is a problem with GUI, it obscures the mechanics behind orders.

Each ability uses an orderID. Custom abilities mostly use the same order as their base ability (exceptions are like channel where you can change it to the orders of other abilities). Some abilities and unit actions use hidden orders or orders with no string (like anything item related or item based abilities like wand of illusion) and those must be referenced via their raw orderID (an integer used internally that orderstrings compile into).

Status
Not open for further replies.