• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Various Issues (Jass Newgens)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
alright so i came into possession of a map that the original mapmaker had (basically) abandoned and uncopylocked. so i opened the map and tried to playtest it, worked fine. so i change the names of 3 heroes and start working on some ability revamps for them, i try to playtest it and it doesnt open up the map, i look for the map in the custom maps area, select it. 0 slots. ok so i reload the previous load (the map as i got it, with no changes), i playtest it, runs fine. i simply place just 1 unit on the map and it stops working, now this is where im having issues. if i make a SINGLE change to the map it stops working, now im quite inept with newgens and the world editor in general so im not entirely certain whats wrong or what im supposed to do here, im putting the original map file in the desc, as well as the *barely* edited new version of it, see if you guys can figure out whats going on please :( i really want to fix this map up but this issue is really hindering my progress

Attachments

• The World Of Azeroth v8.6 non protected.w3x
    8.4 MB · Views: 45
  • The World Of Azeroth v8.6 Edited.w3x
    8.4 MB · Views: 39
Level 3
well considering its been a little over 12 hours now and i havent recieved a single response i assume i posted this in the wrong section or something? :/

Level 3
doesnt open in WE, the original map-maker specifically mentioned that i needed newgens to open it, the file size does appear to be slightly over 8mb so perhaps thats the reason? though if so then that makes no sense since i can open the (unedited version of) the map which sits a little over 8mb anyways. and - forgive my inexpirience - but what do you mean by "did jasshelper save properly"?

Level 6
When you save a map in Newgen, it usually saves normally followed by JassHelper saving. If it doesn't display jasshelper saving, you might have it disabled. That's probably why it's causing the issues in the first place, though it should be enabled normally so you might have other options disabled that's causing the issue. You might have to also turn on USMWE for this purpose as well.

Making sure the newgen is the latest version (5.0) is also another possible solution.

Level 24
Go to the terrain editor and open -> JassHelper -> About JassHelper ...
Post the version of your JASSHelper.

The issue is that your map has vJASS in it which your editor cannot figure out what it means.
When you change something on your map, you will re-compile the map on tests and on saves.
On saves, JASSHelper converts vJASS to JASS because vJASS is not supported by Warcraft 3 itself.

If you have a map with vJASS, you are not able to simply test the map any more.
You have to save the map first (if you want to use save-as, you also have to save after that)

Status
Not open for further replies.