• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Video] Unit Frames v0.1 Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Starcrafter [SCR]

Here is a video demonstration the unit frames used in the Starcrafter [SCR] engine. I suggest viewing in a higher quality as I run Starcraft 2 on low settings, and the recording isn't that great. Apologies for the sound too, the trial version of my capturing program doesn't allow it.

There are two unit frames, one for you (the player), and another for your target/selected unit. It will display their image, name, shields, life and energy.

The image is displayed dynamically, meaning you can pick any unit and place it on the map and no hard coding will be required to make their image show up.

The minimap isn't complete and its current state is self explanatory, as with the ability bar at the bottom.

This is only v0.1 of the unit frames, as there is still a lot I need to add like an "In Combat" indicator, buffs and various other small things.

Enjoy.

Level 2
Great question!

The unit frames are simply a small part of the map. But I give every UI feature, library and whatnot a version so I can easily keep track of where I am with everything. And also if I ever release them to the public like I did with the Movement Library.

Status
Not open for further replies.