• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos units in TFT World Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've always been a fan of the Catapult unit, though I find that since it's been replaced by the Demolisher. If anyone knows where I can find the original Orc Catapult unit, or knows the stats (including the art values), I'd really appreciate the help.

Level 2
Thanks, but I've got the model. What I need is the stats and all, such as the following:
Art-Animation-Walk Speed
and
Art-Projectile Launch(X,Y, and Z)
etc.

Level 2
i imagine they would be pretty similar to the demolisher ones, especially the run/walk speed. however u should be able to find them out by
(1) uninstalling warcraft all together, install RoC and open editor and see.
(2) asking someone who only has RoC on hive.
(3) go onto b.net on RoC and find someone friendly enough to spare u a min. failing the above....
(4) just guess, they are pretty much the same unit

Level 5
Hi,

This topic recently got indexed by Google (not sure why just now), so I thought I'd add some relevant information:

A much simpler approach to getting a RoC-only editor is temporarily renaming
C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\War3x.mpq
to something different. (eg.: War3x.mpq.bak or _War3x.mpq)

Then only the RoC editor will load, with all the RoC data.

Export the catapult, close the editor, undo the rename operation, open the now TFT editor, and import your catapult data.

(Or just take a screenshot of the RoC editor and copy the Catapult values manually. Sounds much simpler.)

--3ICE

p.s.: I discovered this trick while making 3ICE's Maze Designer RoC-compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.