• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warhammer Fantasy: Battlegrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
warhammer-fantasy-300x239.jpg

Introduction:

Warhammer Fantasy: Battlegrounds is a melee map created by me inspired in the Warhammer Fantasy Universe.
The type of melee map, will be a cross between Total War and the Starcraft RTS game type.
It will be a 4 players multiplayer map, so the size of map will be under 8MB :grin:
As I mentioned the map version will be: 1.24b
Actually the map is in development...

Game:

You will start with a Fortress and 5 Peasants. The Frotress will be the most important thing of the party. If you lose it, you lose the party :smile:
There you will be able to train lots of workers, swordmen, archers, crossbowmen, riflemen, siege machines...

Also it will be secondary buildings, these won't be essential; but will be useful during the game (like a forge).

Along the map will be paths, gold mines, lots of trees, creeps like arachnids and Ogre Mercenary Camps.

Factions:

All of the most important races of Warhammer will be in the map, like:

- The Empire
- Orks & Goblins
- Dwarves
- High Elves
- Skaven
- Vampire Counts [1 vote] or Tomb Kings [1 vote] (sorry I can't put the two factions for reasons of size map... Vote for one of them you want! :thumbs_up:
- The Chaos Hordes
- Lizardmen

Map Progress:

Terrain ---------- 85%
Triggers ---------- 32%
Units & Objects ---------- 10%
UI and Graphics ---------- 6%
TOTAL ---------- 6%

I WANT YOU!

Well... I don't have a team so I'm alone working on the map.
Now I need good models... If you are a modeler and you love Warhammer Fantasy universe, You are welcome!! :grin:
Of course all people who helps me or bring their resources will have credits.

I'm sorry if I explain bad... my english is terrible xD
I'm Spanish U__u

Attachments

• WarhammerFantasyBattlegrounds_ScreenAlpha02.png
    WarhammerFantasyBattlegrounds_ScreenAlpha02.png
    1 MB · Views: 724
  • WarhammerFantasyBattlegrounds_ScreenAlpha03.png
    WarhammerFantasyBattlegrounds_ScreenAlpha03.png
    933.9 KB · Views: 4,547
Last edited:
Level 4
I vote for Tomb Kings >:3

The Dead of the Dunes will always be the best evil race in my mind of Warhammer.

Also will you have the choice for the Chaos player to choose between the 4 Chaos Gods (Khrone,Slannessh,Tezeech and Nurgle?)[sorry that i mispelled 2 of them lol].

Level 6
This map has already been made, actually there's a few of them.

Anyway, i vote for Vampire Counts, since i find them a lot more important for game balance.
Anyways, good luck and i hope you can make it better than the previous ones.

Level 4
Hi at all :)
More info and votes updated :thumbs_up:
Finally, I decided that the Ogres will be recruited in Mercenary Camps.

Well, that map will be different than the Warhammer posted maps. Mine will be able to build structures and it will look likes Warhammer (i will try xD).

And I will think about the Four Chaos factions :wink:

P.D: The Warhammer Fantasy posted maps are so weird :S (it's not an offense).

Attachments

• WarhammerFantasyBattlegrounds_ScreenAlpha04.png
    WarhammerFantasyBattlegrounds_ScreenAlpha04.png
    417.6 KB · Views: 312
Level 4
I could help you out with balancing the factions when you get some unit in them all :thumbs_up: , also i noticed the Beasts of War/Chaos or Chaos Beasts (i think they are called Chaos Beasts actually) arent in the faction list.

This is good because they are op'd and are actually ment to be part of Chaos Armada(Armies) : )
Not a Seperate faction like GamesWorkshop as them XD lol, though i wouldnt like having them in it cuz they ruin all the other factions big time :/

Level 4
I could help you out with balancing the factions when you get some unit in them all :thumbs_up: , also i noticed the Beasts of War/Chaos or Chaos Beasts (i think they are called Chaos Beasts actually) arent in the faction list.

This is good because they are op'd and are actually ment to be part of Chaos Armada(Armies) : )
Not a Seperate faction like GamesWorkshop as them XD lol, though i wouldnt like having them in it cuz they ruin all the other factions big time :/

I will try to include the Chaos Beasts in the map :grin:
...but remember that the size map must be under 8MB xD
(The current size is 1.51MB).

are you going to add dark elves? they are a major faction in warhammer.

I don't think so.

But now I need urgently the dwarven models U.u

Status
Not open for further replies.