• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warlock Fire Spray Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Can anyone teach me how to create a spell like the fire spray(stream) in warlock 1.00c? I only know GUI btw

Level 15
Hmmm... It's easy afaik

You create a fireball in random angle from (-45) to (+45) + Facing of caster

Then after 0.25 , you create another fireball , after 0.25 also create another one within random angles...

You should also make a trigger that moves them forwards... (Periodic event , picking every fireball type and move it it 30 forwards)

It's not complicated after all :)

Level 15
That trigger will never work because it will simply be way too laggy jonhysone.

He was almost right, just either index it or create a unit-group to move them.

My pc is wooden and it can handle simple spells like that, it's also a group of 5-10 fireballs so it's no match to those eye-candy spells... I didn't say he can't index it though, I just gave how projectiles are created and how it works,

I can give you an indexed ability if you want :)

"picking every fireball type" Leaks for some reason and makes it quite troublesome.

Now putting it into a group and destroying it afterwards works much better apparently. You should give how projectiles correctly work otherwise people will get the wrong idea and start making it with so many bugs because wc3 is flawed with thousands of those. Good for your wooden pc, how long can it survive though for these simple spells? 5-10 fireballs performing as the same as 50 you mean. Still thanks for providing an answer and helping. Sure make an indexed ability.

People who make projectiles that way complain about wc3's engine and quickly give up.

Level 26
The problem with "Pick every unit..." is that it takes every unit in the map and checks if conditions for said unit match with those you set up. Now that ain't problem if you have 6 units in map. It becomes problem when you iterate through 200 units. Your map becomes laggy if you iterate through high amount of units in very short intervals (e.g. 0.01 - 0.06 intervals, etc.). So, yeah - if you can prevent the part where you have to iterate through each unit in map, you will end up with far better performance than if you did otherwise.

Level 15
"picking every fireball type" Leaks for some reason and makes it quite troublesome.

Now putting it into a group and destroying it afterwards works much better apparently. You should give how projectiles correctly work otherwise people will get the wrong idea and start making it with so many bugs because wc3 is flawed with thousands of those. Good for your wooden pc, how long can it survive though for these simple spells? 5-10 fireballs performing as the same as 50 you mean. Still thanks for providing an answer and helping. Sure make an indexed ability.

People who make projectiles that way complain about wc3's engine and quickly give up.

dude i know ._.

@Nichilus : I would also suggest if his spell be used for some units though, all projectiles spells become laggy once they are used ten and up times at once.... I don't think he is on this purpose

P.S : I will try making an indexed spell for this after I search for some out there, if I don't find any, I will make one :)

dude i know ._.

@Nichilus : I would also suggest if his spell be used for some units though, all projectiles spells become laggy once they are used ten and up times at once.... I don't think he is on this purpose

P.S : I will try making an indexed spell for this after I search for some out there, if I don't find any, I will make one :)

Quite a lot of maps dis-agree with you, SupCom is a good example.

Level 15
There are some 'mechanics' where leaks can be easily destroyed, whether not. We are not on this purpose... It's a basic projectile system at launches at most 10 balls for each player, at most 100 projectiles, that wouldn't affect if the map doesn't use many other projectile systems and once the map is optimized though... even if it uses custom models they can be pre-loaded... what we should really fear, those complex loops, for example:

Picking Players in Player Group # One loop per player # [For MPIty...]
==Picking Unit in Unit group#Second loop, depends on units # [Projectiles]
===Picking Units in Unit Group #Third loop, depends on units # [Enemies Around]
====If Then Else # Fourth Singular loop # [Enemies are dead ?]
=====For EACH Integer # Fifth Loop depends on integer # [Loop through enemies]
======Picking Destructibles in Destructibles Group # Sixth Loop depends on units too # [Loop through active doodads and depends on their number to check pathability]

Just think of how much time the trigger would take to apply each loop... it would take 'one loop instance speed'^(5+(eachinteger_variable)) [[[ Just nearly ]]]

really, i made a spell like that and it was very laggy, once I optimized the map it was quite smoothy, ... So you should really worry about those eye-candy spells that use multi-loops inside others. The spell we are trying to make, at most uses 2 loops , it will never be laggy unless it's used on a wooden pc... also Warlock is a good example, many instances but still no lag... :)

P.S : I made the spell it's a little buggy at closing each instance so I will be finishing it soon ^^ (Got studies besides it)

Status
Not open for further replies.