• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Waterfront

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
So, been some time now.

I used lots of time making this terrain, so I really hope you all like it.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Waterfront.png
    Waterfront.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Level 36
I knew the question would come up.

Well, I got them from a chinese friend of mine, which converted them from chinese imports to normal ones from a chinese site, so good luck finding them, cause I have no idea WHERE he found them.

About the boat, I'll look into it, however I dont see right up front what to do about it. And what island? As far as you know those two "land" masses can be edges of a mainland, and what the boat comes out from can be a river. Anyways, I'll see if I can do something about it if it looks off.

Thanks guys ^^

Level 3
man, this is godlike!
10/10

ps. if you can, send to me the map with screnshot.
sorry for english.

Lets see, its good but it cant be better then it is. Why? First, because of the fog. You wanted a fogy terrain. Not much to be seen or done. Although it fits. Second, the castle, it covers up the background, its too close. Don't you think so? I would suggest blending it more in with the fog, so that it gives a creepy feeling. Uh, third, the left island is a bit empty (You don't have an option really in making it better only by redoing the whole thing), the grass doodad doesn't fit definitively, use something more dark. This grass is bright green and the tile is lets say dark green, it just kills the spooky feeling, no? Fourth IMO you can add more detail to the water making it look more like a swamp, adding swamp stuff. Good luck :p ;)

Level 19
Looks really nice!
Though 2 points to make it even better (yes its possible to make a 10/10 instead of 9/10;-))

1) Maybe its cool to add a few reflections in the water?
2) The background is a littlebit empty. Maybe make the fortress give it a little bigger feeling by adding another tower far to the back? And what about adding small tree's on top of the mountains to the back. It might make it look more realistic because atm the background is a littlebit... untouched. Looking at Void, Raid1000 and Megafyr terrains I can easily say those creators always have the best backgrounds from many terrains. Try to copycat that a littlebit^^

Level 4
The fortress front is bleak and boring. Maybe put some rock formations or something in front of it to make it a bit more interesting.

Or you could try making arrow slits... that'd be awesome.

Level 13
I think some of these models I have seen in goblin academy just a think thought so I do not know.

i dislike the bamboo models their texture quality is while being extremely high also blurred so it looks kind of strange especially as contrasts with the wc3 models
i hate the actual waterfront on the left, dirt->grass variations are never any good and this one is absolutely no exception. the shrub model you used has terrible tinting by base and needs to get more green i'd use the ordinary wc3 shrub if i were you to be honest
the dam is alright structurally wise its not something spectacular and amazing but also not really crap
the weird cloth tower in the background is, well, weird but otherwise good stuff in the background

i like the colour scheme though i always like bluey terrains and fogs

Status
Not open for further replies.