• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Offense] Weapon of Choice

What is your weapon of choice? (please read the first post)

• Lance and Shield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chained Shuriken

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Witchunter - Map Development Thread

Hey, I am making a single-player dungeon crawler, check out the post which I linked if you want :D

So, you will have 4 weapons, and I finished the first 3. However, I am still trying to figure out what to make as the 4tg weapon. So here is a choice:

Lance and Shield - a spear imbued with power of tempest, which can create whirlpools, and a shield. Defensive weapon

Chained Shuriken - okay, the name is a bit confusing... Two large shuriken, one in each hand, connected with the hand by a chain. You can whirl them around and then pull them back. Offensive ranged weapon.

So, what is your weapon of choice?

If you want, you can suggest a weapon idea of your own, but please if you do, check out the existing weapon in the link I posted :D

Level 6
To pick between your options, i'd choose a Chained Shuriken.

As my own suggestion, how about a giant axe? You can swing it around, use it like a Blademaster's Bladestorm, smash the ground with it, and such.

Level 4
Chained shuriken would probably look cooler, but I think that Lance and Shield would make for better gameplay, because a ranged attack needs a block ability because they are going to be very fragile because they hide behind the others and use their range to attack enemies, so they have no purpose to buy armor, however occasionally enemies leak through and one can not block with shuriken realistically. And as it seems the character so far is built like a warrior so a shuriken would make more sense on a ranger character. With the Lance there can also be a decent range, so it would make more sense, and the only other weapon with any blocking is the sword, so it would add the most diversity.

Also, a Lance can be exchanged with various other weapons through item pickups or something, so a Pike (which is like a longer lance) will add some range to the abilities. Other forms of a Lance include: Poleaxe, Spear, Scythe, Halberd, Ranseur. And such that are all medieval weapons very similar to the lance. Whereas, the shuriken has few things that it could be swapped out for making it a fairly limited choice for future development.

Status
Not open for further replies.