• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Weird Hotkey 'D' problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Heloes Hive Workshop

I have a small, yet importand problem. I use grid-like hotkeys in game (first row of skills, so Move, Stop etc. are set to Q, W, E, R respectively) and I created a skill with hotkey D.

And it doesn't work

When I set the hotkey to, let's say, G, everything was okay. It's just I want my grid to work perfectly and the 'D' doesn't seem to be willing to cooperate. Any ideas how to fix the problem?

Level 6
Due to my map having dozens of skills first thing I care for is the order string. It's not that.

The D is the hotkey.

I said, with G and other, it works. It doesn't only with D.

My first thought was the collision with '<D>efend' icon, but, since I have grid-based hotkeys, 'Defend' uses 'E' hotkey.

EDIT: As weird as it is, I changed the base skill to Locust Swarm (it was Taunt, it's a duimmy skill, so it doesn't matter) and it works. Taunt doesn't like the 'D' :<

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.