• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What should I make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Before I leave for a long time (the tests are going to come, and that I have a tournament arriving, so most likely I cannot come for so long and often), I wondered a suggestion of ideas of what programs I should make. Didn't get much ideas this time due to a hard time with Maths, and I am having some trouble with more harder factorizing.

Currently I made Warcraft III based programs like Modelicious, MPQ Editor and Colourizer which have been published. I wonder what other ideas could I make while I was gone. Overall, if possible, what programs could I make with the use of .NET during my time gone. Thanks ;) . I will try to produce them if possible and good enough, but it will depend my time through work and programming.

Andy Phan (pha0001).

Level 11
Well, I've been thinking about something lately. I've noticed that W3 doesn't have a trigger debugger, meaning that when you write a trigger, you have to run the game again and again to make it work, and you can't always tell why something doesn't work or works in a strange way. I know this can be extremely difficult to program, but it would be nice if we had one :)

Level 9
Well, I've been thinking about something lately. I've noticed that W3 doesn't have a trigger debugger, meaning that when you write a trigger, you have to run the game again and again to make it work, and you can't always tell why something doesn't work or works in a strange way. I know this can be extremely difficult to program, but it would be nice if we had one :)
Hmm... Sounds good and I get you, but a example would be nice. Probably that could clarify your idea, overall good :D .

Level 11
For example:

I write this trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
    • Unit - (Triggering unit) has xyz buff Equat to True
  • Actions
    • Unit - Kill (Triggering Unit)
This won't work, of course, since
1) You can't detect a buff on a dead unit and
2) You can't kill a dead unit!

The debugger would notify the mapper of these 2 points, and explain why it wouldn't work.

Level 9
Oh I see, some sort of trigger optimizer and checker for getting the code right. I can do GUI, but for JASS I will have to wait for some time. I will be pending that, thanks ;) .

Level 11
You're welcome. If you need any help with this, I would be glad to (try to ^^) help :)

Level 9
You're welcome. If you need any help with this, I would be glad to (try to ^^) help :)
Don't worry about it, I will have to make a list of what tactical outcomes it could take through triggering in Warcraft III. I wonder if there is more?

Level 11
I have something in mind, but I'm afraid that's more difficult to implement (it's easier to program though ^^)

Let's say, for the sake of the conversation, that I want to create x custom units and each unit is able to upgrade y times. The only way to do that is to first create a dummy and then change each dummy's name/stats/whatevah in order to make it different. Not only is this boring, but it's time-consuming too. WE lags like hell when creating custom units or editing certain stats of them. So, my suggestion:

The program would have a WE-like UI and it will be responsible for tranfering each unit's data to WE. The user should be able to choose which values interest him/her and make the rest invisible. The user may also write a formula on how attack/armor/etc should be upgraded and then the level of upgrades. The program would then create z upgrades using the formula.

I hope you understand what I 'm talking about. I never manage to write what I have in my mind in an understandable way :)

Level 9
I have something in mind, but I'm afraid that's more difficult to implement (it's easier to program though ^^)

Let's say, for the sake of the conversation, that I want to create x custom units and each unit is able to upgrade y times. The only way to do that is to first create a dummy and then change each dummy's name/stats/whatevah in order to make it different. Not only is this boring, but it's time-consuming too. WE lags like hell when creating custom units or editing certain stats of them. So, my suggestion:

The program would have a WE-like UI and it will be responsible for tranfering each unit's data to WE. The user should be able to choose which values interest him/her and make the rest invisible. The user may also write a formula on how attack/armor/etc should be upgraded and then the level of upgrades. The program would then create z upgrades using the formula.

I hope you understand what I 'm talking about. I never manage to write what I have in my mind in an understandable way :)
I got to agree that when creating a unit, World Editor lags a little (its annoying how you have to wait). I could make one, but I would need some help. We could probably make a World Editor like program, but some graphical programming would be needed. This might be a great idea.

Level 11
I'm afraid the help I can offer is limited in Visual Basic (ye, I know, meh, but that's what I know ^^). VB can help with the UI and I am able to call external programs through it. However, I'm going on vacation this Saturday and I'll be off for about a month.

Level 9
I'm afraid the help I can offer is limited in Visual Basic (ye, I know, meh, but that's what I know ^^). VB can help with the UI and I am able to call external programs through it. However, I'm going on vacation this Saturday and I'll be off for about a month.
Oh okay. For some reason I have to learn how the mechanism of Warcraft III works, how 3D graphics work (I'm sure its possible, but its not as powerful), but don't worry about it. Have a good vacation, I will have to do some research soon ;) .

Status
Not open for further replies.