• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Why does everyone say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Because if you think about it the game is pretty boring, except for the times you're playing with other people.

Raids and arenas, both need(ed) you to know your teammate(s) and what they were capable of doing.
Add in the fact that you're all into World of Warcraft, and you've got company for a while.

At least that's what I think it is.

Level 27
Because if you think about it the game is pretty boring, except for the times you're playing with other people.

Raids and arenas, both need(ed) you to know your teammate(s) and what they were capable of doing.
Add in the fact that you're all into World of Warcraft, and you've got company for a while.

At least that's what I think it is.

Yeah k but you know what, i don't know if it really matters but i played it on a private server and not one of those with xp x 1000 no just regular normal experience from monsters only the experience from quests was somewhat more because of some were bugged but still a decent amount worked and you could easily quest your way up to 70 and still have a lot of unfinished quests..

Anyways, i totally don't care about those people i play with.. i don't become friends with them and i don't talk to them the only thing im there for is to play and become better. Offcourse i used to talk to them if i was a raid leader etc.

Level 7
I think that Wow just brought to much of the same.

Kill, mine, skin, gather herbs, kill, instances, lalala, etc.

everyone hates on wow saying its this terrible game that is just like every other orpg. Well guess what, games dont get 9 million players by sucking. Professions and instances are fun, everyone gets joy in gearing or leveling up, so who cares if other games have these aspects WoW made them fun.

Also the addiciting part of wow is wanting to become the best you can, social aspect does nothing, only reasoin I'm in a guild is to raid. Hell I dont even know the name of our MT.

Level 18
The games addicting if people want it to be, Blizzard didn't make t he game to steal lives, they made it to expand the World of Warcraft (First introduced in Warcraft ONE!)

They could of done really well if they kept TBC out of the picture, and if they didnt kill off Heroes.

Next thing you know they'll ressurect Mannoroth, Archimonde, Tichondrius, Illidan and everyone else and take over.

Level 27
Also the addiciting part of wow is wanting to become the best you can, social aspect does nothing, only reasoin I'm in a guild is to raid. Hell I dont even know the name of our MT.

Yeah same, but you know i think i've just been to impatient. Well anyways, i stopped playing a long time ago because when i do play it and i do a raid or something it takes fucking long. The next moment you are all exited about doing this new raid and getting new gear and while playing it's actually very fun etc. But then you look at the clock and you've been playing for 3-5 hours.

The games addicting if people want it to be, Blizzard didn't make t he game to steal lives, they made it to expand the World of Warcraft

And to make money. And they do! lol.

Level 8
I hate grinding/questing on wow, i got addicted by pvp, wsg arena and the such.
it was kinda fun to mass slaughter noobs.
got boring after a while

Level 3
Why does everyone say the main cause of WoW ''addiction'' is the social aspect of the game?

For me it wasn't =/

Well although I play the game a lot, I wouldn't consider myself addicted.
Do I like it? Yeah
Do I play it more than other games? Yeah
Some people call that addiction, but for two reasons it's not.
1) If I divide the time I play WoW in half, and play different games that to some people would make it a non-addiction, but... Time isn't the definition of breathing.
2) I'd much rather go hang out with friends, and only the extremely hardcore (redundant to say both but it proves my point) players wouldn't.

Level 3
everyone hates on wow saying its this terrible game that is just like every other orpg. Well guess what, games dont get 9 million players by sucking. Professions and instances are fun, everyone gets joy in gearing or leveling up, so who cares if other games have these aspects WoW made them fun.

A lot of people hate on WoW because they don't find it fun (Even people who experience end-game content) and that's their point of view.

Pick an activity you HATE. Well, some people love that activity.

I'm not in anyway hating on WoW with this either, I myself play and love the game (Level 80 Undead Mage currently beating Ulduar bosses down), but lots of people don't. I don't play to be the best because that portrays more a sense of obligation. I play for fun and raid for fun, If there's an opportunity for me to have more fun doing something else in the real world I'm on it.

People don't like WoW just like you might no like a different game like Guild Wars for example. I don't like it, that's that and it's not like them saying OMG NO IT'S A GOOD GAME makes it good. Sure they have their opinions and I have mine.

On that point. I say guild wars is bad because I don't like it. I'm wrong, because I myself know it's a good game when it comes to the aspects of it, but I just don't find it fun personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.