• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

World of Gold_Spark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello everyone i am happy to release small demo version of my map, i need testers for it, when you test it please send feedbacks, all testers goes in credits, +rep.If you know how to fix something please post here, map is RPG, currently is demo version.

FEEDBACK

When you want to send me a feedback tell me the bug you found and if you know how to fix it post here.

Attachments

• World of Gold_Spark.w3x
    128.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Level 4
Very good tutorial of how not to make an enjoyable map. First of all, you should provide some type of description to give people a basic idea about what they're downloading. How about a storyline?

Everything is all basic Blizzard units, objects and spells. The terrain is very poorly done, and you didn't even put in any cinematics or at least some type of dialogue to introduce quests. The quest wasn't very descriptive in the quest log either.

I highly suggest putting some creativity into this to make it more interesting and fun to play. Custom spells, unique heroes, cinematics, and custom items would spice the map up a lot. Check around for some map-making or terrain tutorials for ideas, inspiration and guidance to make your map better.

Edit: By the way, wisps in the character selection area shouldn't be able to build and would probably be better being invulnerable so nobody can come over with ranged attacks and kill them off if someone is away from their computer at the beginning of the game. You also left the first game message in another language.

All of your bandit spawning triggers leak. You should try fixing them so you know how to avoid leaks in the future.
How to Fix Leaks

Level 5
Very good tutorial of how not to make an enjoyable map. First of all, you should provide some type of description to give people a basic idea about what they're downloading. How about a storyline?

Everything is all basic Blizzard units, objects and spells. The terrain is very poorly done, and you didn't even put in any cinematics or at least some type of dialogue to introduce quests. The quest wasn't very descriptive in the quest log either.

I highly suggest putting some creativity into this to make it more interesting and fun to play. Custom spells, unique heroes, cinematics, and custom items would spice the map up a lot. Check around for some map-making or terrain tutorials for ideas, inspiration and guidance to make your map better.

Edit: By the way, wisps in the character selection area shouldn't be able to build and would probably be better being invulnerable so nobody can come over with ranged attacks and kill them off if someone is away from their computer at the beginning of the game. You also left the first game message in another language.

All of your bandit spawning triggers leak. You should try fixing them so you know how to avoid leaks in the future.
How to Fix Leaks

Sir, i already added whole description, what about my map does not have storyline, i don't want story and every qeust have it's own story, and plus there are custom units, custom heroes, custom items, by the way, have you tried map? Units respawn???My unit respawn trigger is fantastic, i was using others but this one is really one that i like most.Yes first message was for my little brother,Whisp can't build at all, you may see that button, but won't work, where is your money, second this is damn demo stupid version of map.I've jsut started making this map, there will be all of that u said, except respawn thingies. Thank you for your reply.The qeust log wasnt descriptive either(lol) Sir please...what are you talknig about quest is descriptive like pencil.I cannot believe what i just read.How can somebody come with ranged attacks and kill whisps, when i put edges around map?Btw first message is not important...

Level 8
in matter of fact, the wisp can build if someone uses cheat and then makes the whole map into a melee, shop are the standard goblin merchants, spells are all basic spells that blizzard created, the map has no feeling to it try adding music. I can't find any custom models that you said were imported into the map. This is do demo? well usually demo's want to capture peoples need for the game, this demo wants me to quit warcraft...

Level 31
1st thing I see was 4 heroes available to be select and I have absolutely no information of it's skill and neither his history.

2nd when you select the hero, do remember to move the camera to the hero position instead of leaving it at where it was.

3rd, when the game started. There is absolutely no information or quest log to tell us what to do.

My unit respawn trigger is fantastic,

4th, you gotta be kidding me.

My suggestion is

Go read tutorial =.=

Level 5
1st thing I see was 4 heroes available to be select and I have absolutely no information of it's skill and neither his history.

2nd when you select the hero, do remember to move the camera to the hero position instead of leaving it at where it was.

3rd, when the game started. There is absolutely no information or quest log to tell us what to do.

4th, you gotta be kidding me.

My suggestion is

Nice triggers for a newbie/HIDDEN]

Ill say again sir, my unit respawn trigger is cool, i used those, and when i would always kill unit he would respawn where his corpse was, so i am looking for better one, to respawn him where he started first time.This one is cool.And i won't change it until i find some better.By the way for your 2nd, how do i do that? Please post here i've been looking for that too.Yes when game starts i was fast there. no quest logs or anything, fail...but anyway i posted it here for my triggers and to find how to fix it. Okay people ill try to fix those. Septimus show me how to do the camera thingy please :).

in matter of fact, the wisp can build if someone uses cheat and then makes the whole map into a melee, shop are the standard goblin merchants, spells are all basic spells that blizzard created, the map has no feeling to it try adding music. I can't find any custom models that you said were imported into the map. This is do demo? well usually demo's want to capture peoples need for the game, this demo wants me to quit warcraft...

Simply. Quit it. Have you found my custom item shop? It is Jina model replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 31
my unit respawn trigger is cool, i used those, and when i would always kill unit he would respawn where his corpse was, so i am looking for better one, to respawn him where he started first time.

For your information, your technique was way too bad. Wait action are highly inaccurate and are known for various bug. One of the most famous bug regarding wait issues are the overwrite the existing execution of the trigger.

To make it worst, you did't clean any memory leak that occur. This resulted into heavy fps drop which would make your map unplayable after a period of time.

And i won't change it until i find some better.

There is a dummy recycling system as far as I know, but you need to have vjass knowledge to use it.

Septimus show me how to do the camera thingy please :).

Since I was in good mood today, I would write the raw scripting sample for you.

• Unit Buy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • ((Sold unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
      • Set Point = (Center of (Playable map area))
      • Unit - Move (Sold unit) instantly to Point
      • Camera - Move (Owner of (Sold Unit) Camera to Point
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
      • Selection - Select (Sold unit) for (Owner of (Sold unit))

Status
Not open for further replies.