• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

WoW Lich King Boss Raid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
So I have been looking for information about the Lich King boss fight but can't find it anywhere. I haven't seen a single video on youtube about it. So does anybody know has the Lich King been killed yet or what is going on??

Level 2
People's rumor about Arthas will most likely be Content Patch 3.5 to 3.7 or 8.

Before that I believe a lore boss will be made or some shit that screws up all lore like Deathwing.

WHAT???? 3.5 3.8 so late? Why would they do that? I mean The Lich king is after all the final boss of northrend so people should get the ability to kill him earlier then that.

Level 6
People's rumor about Arthas will most likely be Content Patch 3.5 to 3.7 or 8.

Before that I believe a lore boss will be made or some shit that screws up all lore like Deathwing.

I beg to differ, last time I checked Blizzard told us that Arthas would be similar to Sun well. That is, around 3.3.
They also said that there would only be 2 major raids before the Lich king's lair. As we already have the Ulduar out now, we are eager to wait for another troll raid. Unless Blizzard decides to break this chain and actually make something that doesn't involve trolls and weird voodoo god's.

Now, to the thing with Deathwing. There is no thing saying he's dead.
He's currently hiding beneath Grim Batol. Breeding and experimenting with a new kind of dragon aspect along with Lady Sinestra.
I think that the three dragons in Sartharion's lair is some examples of these experiences.

Level 6
Isn't Arthas supposed to be end game content? Why would they implement him that early?

By the way, Sinestra died in the book Night of the Dragon

Correct, she was destroyed by her own creation if I recall it right.

Well, it's not 100%, but close on, that the Icecrown Citadel will be introduced in 3.3. I'll look up the source for this.

Level 6
Here is the source! ;)

Source

A quote:

3.1 -- the first major content patch of the expansion, which is already done according to Kaplan -- will release the Ulduar 10 and 25-person raid instances, with 3.2 containing that secret surprise raid instance, and 3.3 likely being the patch that introduces Icecrown Citadel.

*cough* Sinestra is alive *cough*

And she also mentions something about "master" so I'm pretty sure Deathwing is 100% alive

Ok boy. That is from the Burning crusade. We live in Wrath of the Lich king now ;)

That is where the book Night of the Dragon comes in. It tells the story of the events leading up to wrath of the lich king. In other words. Yes, she was alive at that point but now dead.

Level 3
WHAT???? 3.5 3.8 so late? Why would they do that? I mean The Lich king is after all the final boss of northrend so people should get the ability to kill him earlier then that.

Hah. No they shouldn't (not trying to sound like an ass-hat >.>) but he's THE final boss of this expansion. There won't be any new level 80 endgame once he's down. Don't forget, just because 3.0 was content release (WotLK itself) and 3.1 was ulduar, it doesn't mean there will be a new raid every .1 patch. NOR does it mean he will be released in 3.8. Icecrown Citadel could be released in 3.4, it's not a matter of patches, it's a matter of how far along in the time line they are into the release of WotLK.

--EDIT--

Didn't read the other posts, especially your response to the one regarding Arthas being the last content patch rather than blizzard pulling a sunwell

Level 2
I believe that if the Icecrown Citadel raid instance has opened, the Lich King can be battled in Hard mode like Yogg-Saron.

Status
Not open for further replies.