• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Your ideas needed for a more simpler version of Monster Hunter styled ORPG map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
For those of you who had never player Monster Hunter before, you are a Hunter in the game.

There are many ferocious monsters in the world waiting to pwn you. You need to accept requests at the Guild and team up to four players and defeat the monsters.

Carve materials from the defeated monsters to create new devastating weapons or upgrade your existing weapons to strengthen them!

That's a summarized game play of the game. However, I wan to make a simpler version of the game and change some features of it.

I will also integrate some of my Lore of my games into it.

=======================================================

Monster Slayers ORPG

You are one of the last remnants of the Human Race since Sargeras opened the portals, allowing monsters from other worlds to rain down onto this world. The Human Race faces impending doom as their numbers declined rapidly.

Somewhere in this world, there is a group of people rumored to slay monsters for survival. Some call them insane, others held them in awe. But you know better. After being saved by them from a monster raid on your village, you have been training day and night, to strengthen yourself, hoping to be able to join them one day.

After 5 years of inhuman training by the best, the time have come. The world is yours to discover, powerful weapons ready to be crafted, devastating monsters awaits your challenge! Wield your weapon, accept requests and start your journey to become a true Monster Slayer!

The game features 4 simple jobs, more jobs may be added on in future series.

Swordsman

Speed - Fast
Role in the team - Supports, tank.

The swordsman have a shield ability which can block damage if used at the precise timing when the enemy attacks. The swordsman have abilities that aids the team, whether it's increasing their attackspeed, damage, defenses. In short, the swordsman is a supporter but can also be a tanker. Swordsman have an ability that can increase their movement speed.

Swordsman buffs

The swordsman buffs are very powerful but only last for a few seconds. Like his defensive buff may allow all allies to take little or no damage. But the duration may be 3 seconds which means the swordsman have to time his skill accurately to save his ally from a finishing blow from the monster.

Warrior

Speed - Slowest
Role in the team - Tank, Damager, Disabler.

The warrior is the one with the highest heath. However, he have the slowest speed which means he cannot outrun most monsters and must take them on no matter how strong they are. The warriors have powerful punches that can deal a stunning blow that stuns the monster for a short period of time. The warrior have a Taunt ability that forces all unit to attack him, allowing your mages to cast their devastating but slow spells. Warriors have a jump ability which allows them to jump away from the enemy or jump towards the enemy. This jump deals damage to the landing area of the warrior. The jump will be like Mirana's leap which means players have to be dynamic in thinking which facing to jump.

Warrior's Special Move

When the warrior is attacked, sometimes a special ability appears for a second and if your reaction is fast enough, he releases a raging roar that damages and stuns nearby enemy momentarily.

Mages

Speed - Slow
Role - Damager, AoE

Mages are the damage dealers of the game. Their spells are powerful but requires time to cast. However, once casted they can wipe out smaller minions with ease and deal alot of damage to the main monster. However, they have slow movement which means they cannot outrun from most monsters. They compensate this by having debuff spells like stuns and slows which will slow down or stop the monsters from reaching them. Furthermore, mages have a teleport ability which teleports a slight distance. However, this slight distance could mean life and death if used properly.

Mage's spells

The mage is a fairly easy to use hero. Perhaps the easiest out of the 3. All you have to do is to select a spell to use and you will cast it after your casting time. The only difficulty will be all spells will not be target based meaning you have to cast at the right place, taking your casting time into account. While you are casting, a warrior can use a taunt to lure the enemy towards your targeted spell area.

Archer

Archers will have the furthest range in this game. Their arrows will be manual shot like archers war and like mages, precision and skill are needed to excel in this job. Archers also have a windwalk ability which turns invisible but unable to move. Archers have the fastest movement speed which means they can easily outrun most monsters.

Archer's Range

Arrows shot by the archers are similar to elune's arrow in dota which deal more damage with further distance shot and paralyses their enemies when hit.

===================================================================

ABILITIES

There will be no attack button for this game. You have to use your skills and spells to defeat the monsters. Each hero will have his or her own special unique "limit break" kind of ultimate which can be activated when certain conditions are fulfilled.

ABILITIES MASTERY SYSTEM

As there is no job advancement in this game for simpler gameplay, a Ability Mastery system will be put in place. When you use an ability, you will gain 1 exp on that skill. So to level up your mastery of that skill, you have to use it more frequently.

Ability Level Up Calculation:

Lets say you used stomp for 5 times,

5/ [100xlevel of mastery] chance to level up your ability.

Higher mastery of abilities not only improves damage, it can also means that your ability affects a greater AoE.
Example: Swordsman Block Ability.

Mastery 1
Uses his shield and block most of the damage taken by the swordsman for 2 seconds
Mastery 5
Uses his shield and block most damage taken by the swordsman and ALL ALLIES IN A RANGE OF 500. For 2 seconds.
Mastery 10
Uses his shield and block most damage taken by the swordsman and ALL ALLIES IN A RANGE OF 1000. For 3 seconds.

You should be able to get the idea how the Mastery system works.

=================================================

Traps

Traps are the things that can help you out if you are facing an impossible monster. Traps needs to be set up but once it's done, any monster that walks into a trap will be disabled and open to attacks. Types of traps include, stunning traps, true sight traps for invisible monsters, net trap to bring flying units down for warrior and swordsman to pwn and more to be planned.

=================================================

Equipments

Equipments can increase the power of your abilities as the effectiveness and duration of your abilities are reliant on your str, int and agi. They can also increase your vitality and armor meaning you will die less easily.

Equipments [Crafting]

Crafting equipments requires you to have the required materials. Materials are carved from slain monsters. Some materials like certain ores are only available at higher dungeon areas. You will have to bring a pickaxe to do mining on the mine.

===================================================================

GAMEPLAY

1. Load your code or if you are a new player, select a job out of the three.
2. Go to the Guild to accept low level requests.
3. The quest will start in 1 minute. All players who are joining need to enter a special area to join the quest.
4. After 1 minute, everyone who is on the area will be teleported to the dungeon.
5. Move your way through the dungeon carefully and dont get overwhelmed.
6. Face the final boss monster.
7. Defeat it and carve it. Teleport everyone back to the village in 20 seconds.
8. Return to the Guild.

This is only a few hour rough idea sketch. Please help me out by giving more constructive suggestions as to how to improve such a game. However, keep in mind that I wan to make this game as simple as possible and also requires the player to uses his/her fast reflexes and skill to excel at.

Last edited:
Level 11
Aww man.. no archer or somekind of ranged shooter other than a mage?

But this is pretty good worker for thinking about it for 2 hrs... i personally loved these games and i hope it works out for you

So are u gonna have it like where u accept a charter or w/e and then it puts an indicator on your map on where the beast or monster is located... that would be pretty tight... i just hope the physics in this game ur makin is good.. because in monster hunter, u had to time your dodges and strikes... idk how it would work with a wc3 version.. the monster could possibly use abilities that hit certain areas...

Well thats just some info! Hope u like my ideas and GL :D haha

Level 6
More info on skills updated.

Yes, archer class is being planned out. She will be getting a skill like elune arrow and a arrow spray which have a few seconds of delay.

There will be no attack button for this game you will have to rely on your traps and your abilities to defeat the monsters. For dodging abilities i am thinking of giving warrior a jump ability, wind walk for archer and teleport for mages. Swordsman will have a buff that can increase movement speed.

Edit* Maybe i will implement a paintball kind of item which shows where the enemy is on the minimap.

Last edited:
Level 11
That would be pretty tight.. i just hope this works out :D i loved this game back then...

so are u gonna add custom armor possibly? where it can change your character's appearance or no? either way it doesn't matter.. i just like it when my guy looks tight :p hehe

Level 6
As i want this map to be simple, i won't add custom armors as that will complicate things which may douse my passion in continuing the map like my previous rpg.

However, custom weapons and shields will definitely be made! Players will also be able to select their own starting hero model from a variety according to their preference for unit's uniqueness.

Level 3
well i realy like the game Monster Hunter i have it on the PSP i hve 2 kinds of it the freedom the freedom 2 the freedom 1 i got to hr7 i think and the 2nd i think hr 5 well i wish i find a good and perfect monster hunter game well i am trying to make one 20% like it but is really different

Level 6
Yea there will be custom monsters but this project will take quite long as each monster have to be be unique in their own skills, craves and the type of weapon that can be crafted.

I plan to start with a few easier but still unique monsters and after the basics are done then I will start on the Big Guns, monsters that are ferocious which are alike wyverns and elder dragons all those.

Defense like laoshanlung will take least priority as i shall concentrate on the basics first.

Level 19
Well here, I have a couple of monster ideas:

MONSTER IDEAS
Name and Picture Description and Type

attachment.php

Lindormr or Gilaras
Type: Flying Wyvern
Location (OLD MH): Desert, Old Volcano, Old Desert and Tower
Attribute: Dragon
Supspecies: Black Lindormr or Gilaras and Skeletal Lindormr or Gilaras

attachment.php

Giant Sand Worm
Type: Neopteron
Location(OLD MH): Desert, Old Desert and Tower
Attribute : Wind
Supspecies: Green Giant Sand Worm

I added some new attributes, all the areas are from the old MH Game and you can change all the names.

Attachments

• Lindormr.jpg
    Lindormr.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,508
  • sandworm.jpg
    sandworm.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 6,856
Status
Not open for further replies.