• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
But with horrendous HR involvement. All that paperwork; you Fel guys just have no sense of overhead in a business, do you? Arcane may take more people & more time, but since all of our workers keep their souls, that's a forward synergism with the companies' overall strategy.

ITT: No one is doing any work. : P I am ashamed. :<

Do I need to post a WIP before entering the contest?

Yes, please refer to the OP:

• Post here if you intend to compete, what race, and if it is a revision of previous work. Please also provide a link to the previous work. If you entered it in a previous contest or have it uploaded to the map section provide the link(s). If you have not previously shared it please attach it to your post.

Level 19
Here is my previous work for my entry.

full

full

Level 10
Well, this is an old file.... a week ago, what I finished here was the Hero Spells, effects and most data only, I haven't done the description yet, there were some unit spells too, but there are a few more addition now. (not present on this file)
full

There's the Huntress, Guardian, Ballista, Builder, Archer, Swordsman, Harbinger of Air, Watcher, Mage, Wizard, Sorceress, Enchantress, Battlemage, Warrior, Arcane Golem, Arcane Elemental, Mana Dragon, Moon Wyrm, Avatar of the Moon, Ranger, Moon Sprite, Resource Carrier (not in order)

Attachments

• THW.TC11.MysticElves.w3x
    5.9 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
another WIP

dran2-jpg.260437

from left to right, bottom to top:
- Crusader (previously Paragon), Kurenai Sage, Aldori Exarch + her summon
- Vindicator, Venator, Ata'mal Cannon, Broken Seer, Anchorite, Soulbinder
- Elekk Knight, Skyguard, Salamander, Netherwing, Elekk, Nether Ray

Attachments

• (2)Draenei.GT.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 106
  • dran2.jpg
    dran2.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Level 29
Hai guys, can i join ?
Loosely based on an old project of mine that got iced before seeing the daylight:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/pastebin/5baa8ae688ceeeb1708bd5527d559bb39723/
synthesized with an overall scarlet crusade theme.

Be alarmed the map is currently broken, something conflicts with something somewhere, causing player units not able to attack the enemy. Probably in the triggers but i couldnt spot it, yet. (halp!)

Also has lots of things not yet implemented.

Attachments

• THW.TC11.OrderofScarletFlameWIP.w3x
    7.3 MB · Views: 105

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I'm... Less far than I'd care to admit, and while I'm busy most of tomorrow, I'm dedicating all of tonight to get as much done as I can. I won't be 1st... Might have to cut some corners. But I should... DANGIT!! I knew I should've checked the deadline again! Before the extension, the deadline was a Friday... When it was moved up a month I just assumed it would be the same day, but it was February so it's a day back so it's TONIGHT, 9 MINUTES AGO!! Criminy!

Extension? Like 1 day? Lol...

i've constantly been running into the most annoyingly stupid limitations of the world editor. from special effects (using DEFAULT models) not playing death animations, to the 'load' ability unable to work on a unit with flying movement, the list goes on. this has really pissed on my workflow.

the extra extra month is appreciated. but man if WE wasn't so frustrating, i'd probably be finished a week ago.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Yea I've moved the deadline a month. Use this time to produce something unique guys.
Ah, a whole month? See you guys April 21st. Thanks!

i've constantly been running into the most annoyingly stupid limitations of the world editor. from special effects (using DEFAULT models) not playing death animations, to the 'load' ability unable to work on a unit with flying movement, the list goes on. this has really pissed on my workflow.

the extra extra month is appreciated. but man if WE wasn't so frustrating, i'd probably be finished a week ago.
At least you've been working... :<

Funny you should mention that... I have had some issues like that, as well. At least with SFX.

spells for casters almost completed, just need to refine code and sort out some bugs. still need to code beast & hero abilities.

race can (sorta) be playtested, if you only pick the Aldori Exarch as your solo hero, and build only Bastions and Sacred Cloisters for production of units. use "Invoke Naaru" to summon 10-food flying Naaru (hotkey N), build "Draenic Shrines" and adopt Aspects (hotkeys E & L) to unlock certain units/researches.

Attachments

• (2)Draenei.GT.w3x
    3.2 MB · Views: 63
Level 10
I am changing my race, and I'm doing faster progress on this one than I did with the Mystic Elves. (The heroes took me two weeks, finding effects, setting the data, thinking of what the base could be for the spell, and because I was busy.)

They are the Wretched. (The heroes here all have their own spells now and I just started yesterday, I'm only looking for effects now and fixing their data.)

Scratch the Wretched, my plans were not calculated correctly, they are too powerful, I came up with this while working. (The Mystic Elves were rather too complicated for me)

There are four flyers, including one that has a land form
There are 12 ground units, not including summonables, but includes 2 mechanicals and the one that has an air form
There are 4 summonables, one of them has 3 levels
There is one special unit that is only available when one of the Wretched unit dies
There are four heroes
One hero has a slightly stronger/better alternate form
And there's the builder.

This is my final race change and the one I can certainly do, I hereby enter this competition with the Champions of the Light!

Well, this is it, the real final change, I'm going with the Wretched! I've found a way for the large strength in their numbers, though both Mystic Elves and Holy Beings will appear.

Last edited: