• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Angry Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello everyone.
We have recently received many complaints about various moderators. These complaints are not really helping us judging our moderators. So we would like everyone who has a problem with a moderator to take screenshots, copy links, chats etc. And make a thread in the Admin Contact Forum. All threads in here will be judged between administrators of the site.
I do not want users to leave this site being angry and frustrated. I want this to be a working and happy community. So please let us help you solve your problems instead of just getting angry.
I have no problems with our moderators. Actually most of the inputs I receive is just showing a good act of a moderator. I like our moderators and they are all just doing their job.

Ralle

Level 32
So we would like everyone who has a problem with a moderator to take screenshots, copy links, chats etc. And make a thread in the Admin Contact Forum. All threads in here will be judged between administrators of the site.
I do not want users to leave this site being angry and frustrated. I want this to be a working and happy community.

Quoted for truth, agreed, and seconded.

The Hive Workshop has, in my opinion, a great deal to offer to its users.

The site is what WE make it.

When everyone is courteous, generous and helpful all our members benefit: we are much stronger working as a team, looking out for one another's interests and helping Ralle to make our site the best that it can possibly be.

Whenever there are conflicts, we can resolve them. Whenever there is trouble, it will be addressed and corrected. Whenever someone is unhappy, everyone should try to cheer them up.

Level 10
Alright, this is a suggestion. Why not have User Represntative's? People who represnt the complaints of user's to the admins or moderator's. You know, have someone to go like

"OMFG, I f*CKING HATE HIM, HE'S GONNA DIE, IM GONNA EAT HIS HEART WITH A STONE KNIFE."

Well, no not that, but complaints. You get the idea.

Represntative's for the normal users! AHHHH! FIGHT THE POWER!
(Ignore last phrase)

Level 36
We don't NEED user representatives, the users are perfectly capable of speaking for themselves. If a user has a problem, it is VERY easy for them to contact an admin directly, face to face (not in a literal sense but you know what I mean) and discuss whatever problems they could be having.

Level 12
My suggestion

Well I've never encountered a bad 'mod' except when the 1982 GEAR crisis happened :grin: , however so far - none.

Maybe the problem is the users, try to take my conspiracy about them phenomenal noob posters into account, maybe it has something to do with it, maybe.

peace.

Level 9
These "angry users" seem to be missing a point.

These moderators, are not paid, nor gain anything by helping you, or keeping the forums/chat regulated.
These are people giving up thier time to aid you whilst asking for nothing in return.
So what is there to complain about?
If you have a crack at someone thats essentially using thier time attempting to do somehting constructive (however crap they may be at it) they simply won't bother in future, and these communities wont even exist for you to visit in the first place. So kindly, shut the fuck up and let them aid you, otherwise get lost.

I figure its about that simple.

Level 18

These moderators, are not paid, nor gain anything by helping you, or keeping the forums/chat regulated.
These are people giving up thier time to aid you whilst asking for nothing in return.
If you have a crack at someone thats essentially using thier time attempting to do somehting constructive (however crap they may be at it) they simply won't bother in future, and these communities wont even exist for you to visit in the first place. So kindly, shut the fuck up and let them aid you, otherwise get lost.

That was quite uncalled for. ....someone is never going to be a moderator!

Level 10
1982 GEAR crisis

And that is....?

Wait...1982?....What?

I agree... Slightly.... More or less.

I thought it would be that simple, but yet its this complicated now isnt it?

Level 36
Why? It's just like all the people bitching about the site features. This site is available for free. You access it for free. Just hold on for a freaking minute.

Same deal here. Moderators are here, volunteering THEIR time to better enrich your browsing experience, and to keep things in line around here. If you don't like the free service that we provide, tough, because you're really in no situation to complain.

This is not to say that moderators can treat users whatever way they feel like, but this is to say that sometimes if a moderator is a little short with you, don't go on some rant about how he staff here are corrupted and everyone is evil and they hate you etc, just because we're doing our jobs....

Level 18
I think as a moderator you must be fair, nice, and helpful no matter what--even if you are getting no reward for it. In fact, in my opinion there is a reward, and that is helping ordinary users who need it--not bitching at them or dissing them or calling them names, as I have witnessed with a few of our Moderators.

Mods do not have to be nice, or even very helpful but they must fairly uphold the rules.

-*meow*

Level 5
Luckily, people also have the right to stop using this privilege/service at their conveinance...

Level 15
I think as a moderator you must be fair, nice, and helpful no matter what--even if you are getting no reward for it. In fact, in my opinion there is a reward, and that is helping ordinary users who need it--not bitching at them or dissing them or calling them names, as I have witnessed with a few of our Moderators.

Agreed. :thumbs_up:

Some people may never listen to the mods, regardless; however, many people will respond much better to a moderator who is patient yet firm as opposed to a mod who loses control.

Level 14
You can't just make someone a moderator just because they are cool and helpful.
There is a fundamental level of knowledge they need as well, and most of the time that simply is not present.

I don't want to pick out names and call people out because quite frankly I, as having single digit posts and zilch reputation here, do not have the clout to make such judgements.
More than anything else though, I think the moderators here (From my lurking) are fair, but not as knowledgeable in their fields of moderation as they should be.

Just a thought.

Level 14
Then why not have global moderators instead of forum specific ones?
Of course the answer to that question is because they specialize in the topic they moderate.

Moderation and knowing the subject go hand in hand for a modding community.
At least they should.

Level 32
You can't just make someone a moderator just because they are cool and helpful.
There is a fundamental level of knowledge they need as well, and most of the time that simply is not present.

I don't want to pick out names and call people out because quite frankly I, as having single digit posts and zilch reputation here, do not have the clout to make such judgements.
More than anything else though, I think the moderators here (From my lurking) are fair, but not as knowledgeable in their fields of moderation as they should be.

Just a thought.

I see.

"do not have the clout to make such judgements"

Well, I certainly do.
  1. "single digit posts" [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=360"]Introduce yourself to the Hive![/self]

2. "zilch reputation" Help others, submit valid resources.

3. "can't just make someone a moderator just because" I work very closely with Ralle and the other administrators to make these decisions for our Hive.

4. "pick out names and call people out" Don't. New users are welcome, please don't just walk in off the street and then accuse our mods (or users) without any valid proof.

5. "not as knowledgeable in their fields of moderation as they should be" Any proof of THAT?

Samuraid would make an awesome mod. He helps me with everything on my webserver.
I believe that this might be a good subject for *a few of us* to discuss.

Level 14
Quick to get defensive I see.

I could step-by-step respond to everything you just said, but somehow I don't think it will do any good.
Quite frankly, my only strife with your picking apart my post is taking everything out of context.
You seem to jump on me assuming I'm attacking anyone, where if you just calm down and read my post you'll see otherwise.

I'm just suggesting that you should take care in who you pick to moderate what based not only upon "coolness" but upon ability.
That's all. Nothing else.

Level 32
Hardly defensive, hopefully, just informative.

Please get to know our site and our community. Find your own place and contribute positively to the best of your ability (it's all that any of us can do). As we work TOGETHER to add value, the site is enhanced.

I'll be glad to help, What can I do?

Level 36
I don't know any moderator here that isn't the best in their field. Chriz. Camels_Hump, they are extremely talented individuals, and look, their sections run without a hitch.

Samuraid isn't picked for moderating just because he's 'cool'. Samuraid, in fact, has been helping RALLE to run this site properly for quite a while now.

Get your facts straight, and get some solid proof before making some accusations.

I'm more than willing to listen to anything you've got to say, just as long as you bring a valid arguement to the table first.

Level 4
I'v had a bad run in with "A" modarator BUT i'm not saying his name
or any thing else. i'v goten over it XD
any way if u leave wc3 your a nutter - this site owns!!

Level 32
... this site owns!!
hey every one
the recources are up and running yay!
wc3sear.ch/index was one of the best web sites ever made but now its a
shadow of the past so i SAY that the HIVE workshop is THE NEW BEST WEB SITE of all time!! Keep Up the good work Ralle
i'm sure you will make this site better then wc3sear.ch/index - wc3campaigns...

[broke=+ REP !]Thanks chaosraider![/broke]

Level 13
Hello everyone.
We have recently received many complaints about various moderators. These complaints are not really helping us judging our moderators. So we would like everyone who has a problem with a moderator to take screenshots, copy links, chats etc. And make a thread in the Admin Contact Forum. All threads in here will be judged between administrators of the site.
I do not want users to leave this site being angry and frustrated. I want this to be a working and happy community. So please let us help you solve your problems instead of just getting angry.
I have no problems with our moderators. Actually most of the inputs I receive is just showing a good act of a moderator. I like our moderators and they are all just doing their job.

Ralle

Way to go A-hole. (That's a joke, you have to have seen the Austin Powers movies to get it.)

Level 7
Hi guys,

I recently got neg repped, I have -2 and I original had 0. Is there by any chance a bug in the rep system? When my friend (who is also a member of The Hive) told me that I have -2 rep, I got kinda confused. I don't really know what I did wrong, and no one ever said anything about neg repping me. Please keep in mind that I am not mad, just confused. So if the person(s) who negetive repped me could please inform me that they did it, I would be happy :smile:
NOTE: I will not get mad at you in the least :smile:

Thank you ^_^

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

True, I might not know everything about animation, in fact, of course I don't know everything about animation.

But, I do know a lot about animation for Warcraft III, due to much experience (as you should already know) and I feel that I have substantial knowledge to answer most animation related queries, at least in the fields of 3DsMax and Magos. Milkshape and others, I know there are a few users around here who know them better than I, and I enjoy their help on such queries.

So, I feel for modding Warcraft III, in terms of animation, I know enough to be of help to many users in this field. But I suppose that's just my own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.