• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Another Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Just another reminder. When you are ready to submit an updated version of a map, be sure to:

A: Delete the older, obsolete versions after posting your newer version map

OR

B: Submit OVER the older version

Also, if you submit a map downloaded from alternative sources, (i.e. battle net) do be sure to check to see if the map is already on the site first.

Thanks
-VGsatomi

Level 9
Telefragged said:
What if you're submitting a map that the author was lazy to resubmit and the author won't delete the other one?

I really dont understand you my friend. I think you just cannot update someone's resoure(s) coz you have to be that someone first.

Level 6
Say, alright, I submitted a map called Hero Wars EE sometime ago.

If the author comes here and submits his latest version while I'm say, nonchalant, and ignore his request for me to remove my version... what happens?

Does vg delete the older one?

Level 22
Yes, I would. If you submit someone else's map, and then sometime later someone else submits a newer version, the obsolete version you posted will be removed by me. So dont complain if that ever happens.

Maps that do not belong to you are always subject to deletion if someone esle, who is also not the original author, submits an update.

The reminder is for those who build and update their own maps.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.