• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ardent Heroes - ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
It is certainly a possibility, but it's mostly a matter of whether Inferior can get enough done before 2011. Right now, his highest priorities regarding Ardent Heroes are the core systems that will allow the ORPG to function the way we want for players, such as the talent system, inventory, equipment, spells, and so on.

Although, Inferior has mentioned that he is working hard to get the ORPG into at least an early beta phase where we can actually playtest it, that way we have something more concrete to show off.

Level 8
Sorry for most of the absence, I needed to work this week, and I was in the studio all day from the afternoon to 8 in the morning, about 20 hours, I just finally got home at 4:30 pacific time, and I'm looking for some shuteye for the night.

Tomorrow I'll get on top of some more of the work that needs to be done for the mod, such as sprucing up the talents, a revision of the talents to make sure they are up to par early on.

Please do remember, that they will have the possibility to be imbalanced early on until we start getting our testing complete and receive reports of what needs to be fixed, PvP, and PvE wise.

Level 25
I've added more information to the first thread, yet again. This time I have added more links related to the website, such as the site blog and a number of important threads about Ardent Heroes' development progress. I've also added a link to the BETA Tester Application thread for convenience.

Hopefully, this will have made it easier for you guys to follow our development progress more closely. But the incentives to join our forum's community has not ended yet. I'm currently polishing up the forum and adding more informative/interactive threads. The forum's activity rate should go up after it's done.

[EDIT]:
  • All confirmed BETA Testers registered at our Ardent Heroes forum have now been given the "BETA Tester" rank & icon.
  • All confirmed Ardent Heroes developers who have registered at our Ardent Heroes forum have now been given the "Developer" rank & icon.
  • Gave myself an administrator rank icon.
  • Developer group members' names are now in blue.
  • Users can now disable their word filter.
  • Minimum avatar dimensions set to 20x20 ; maximum avatar dimensions set to 48x48
  • Private messages can now use [FLASH] BBCode tags.
  • Maximum amount of recipients users are allowed to send a private message to at one time has been reduced from no limit to 5.
  • Added a list of flash games to the forum's Arcade.
  • Added a mini-chatroom to the top of the forum. (Please tell me if you think it should stay or be removed/replaced immediately)
  • New site "SigBar" created. ( Add the following to your signature, but remove the spaces and the extra u in [uurl=http://]: [uurl=http://ardentheroes.freeforums.org/]
    url]
    [/url]

That's all the changes for tonight. I'll likely get more work on the forum done tomorrow. Feedback on the changes made would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Level 8
He usually leaves all that stuff up to me, and I just replied by the way.

Let me know what you guys think on the PvP poll, there will be complimentary lollipops, and "I voted" stickers available after casting your vote and posting your decision.

Level 25
Did major work on the quests for Millbrow last night. They're not organized as much as I'd like though (because our forum doesn't support tables and hidden tags :cry:) but I've numbered each quest, given them all a title, basic rewards such as xp and an item, who the quest giver is, a description, and what the objectives are.

Level 25
Hopefully you can get around to showing off what you got done soon.

This weekend I've been tinkering with temporary basic GUI triggers that just help setup the BETA for playability as soon as possible. Although it's not the most efficiently optimized way of creating functions for the RPG, I personally believe it can help speed things up since we're still in the alpha stages of the mod's development. I will likely have all GUI redone in JASS by a coder, but for now, their focuses will be on more immediately important things like creating key systems.

Oh, and of course, I'm working on the terrain a bunch too. I'll see if I can upload a new screenshot sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Hopefully you can get around to showing off what you got done soon.

This weekend I've been tinkering with temporary basic GUI triggers that just help setup the BETA for playability as soon as possible. Although it's not the most efficiently optimized way of creating functions for the RPG, I personally believe it can help speed things up since we're still in the alpha stages of the mod's development. I will likely have all GUI redone in JASS by a coder, but for now, their focuses will be on more immediately important things like creating key systems.

Oh, and of course, I'm working on the terrain a bunch too. I'll see if I can upload a new screenshot sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah I just got home last night, we got a few feet of snow right before I finished fixing my car so the roads were pretty bad, I'ma get to eet

Updated with a WIP on the web site.

Last edited:
Level 25
Looks good so far. I'll post some feedback on it at the forum soon to suggest improvements.

As for the progress I've been working on some GUI triggers to help get started on testing atmospheric stuff like fog, sky, zone music, NPC animations, etc. Also worked quite a bit on the new Class Selection Screen. It's mainly just a decorated version of the Human Campaign Backdrop with the three classes standing beside each other, minus the big footman. The class selections (Caster, Tank, DPS) are wearing high level equipment as a way of showing off how cool that class looks at a high level. It's kind of our way of giving a nice first impression, I guess. Although, you start off as an armorless villager, pretty much.

Level 8
Yabooer said:
As we near the holiday times and towards the new year, many of our developers are on vacation, or spending time with their families...

To check out the rest of the post, visit our forums at

http://ardentheroes.freeforums.org/update-t23.html

In other news, we are searching for about 1 more testers, if interested please don't be shy and throw up an application. If concerned about personal information being released, simply PM me your application.

We are also searching for more Vjassers to speed up our progress, so if you know someone, or you yourself are experienced with Vjass, please donate some of your time to the project, you will not go unrewarded.

Also remember, posting on the forums, giving your opinions, participating in some of the polls that are currently up, and just chatting in general, will give you that bit of an edge to be accepted into testing.

Level 8
Level 8
Yabooer said:
With the new year already here, we thought we would update and give you a new year's update.

On my part, I've pushed out another boss fight, while revising things, I've started the monthly list, and...

To check out the rest of the post, visit our forums at

http://ardentheroes.freeforums.org/update-t23.html

We are of course still looking for Vjassers to help speed up progress, please continue to be active on our forums to keep our morale high as well! We would love to hear idea's and suggestions from you guys!

Level 8
Well progress as been withering as we need a new and dedicated Vjasser, we need a Vjasser and fast or our progress will come to a screeching halt, if anyone out there knows of a great Vjasser or is one, please contact me, we are in dire need of one.

Level 1
Um. if anyone can point me in the right direction i will attempt to learn it. depending on if its some crazy hard to learn.

Level 8
Thank you for your want to help our project, but you would need a good half year to a year to learn it and be useful to our project.

Thank you again for the dedication, and continue to follow our project!

Level 1
Well. I have time to myself that i can learn. And i dont have a job atm so i have more time than usual. and if i dont get a job ill still have all time on my hands. I would still like to learn it. Like i said. point me in the right direction and ill pick it up and go.

Level 12
I wouldn't mind subscribing for the role to make your Custom Map Preview. Although nothing is guaranteed. I use Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended and my knowledge of it is pretty extensive since I do Digital Art. But you're going to have to give me a brief overview of what you want. Do you want a woodland background with the title by the side? Do you want a sketch of something to use as a background? I wouldn't know what you want so you're going to have to tell me.

Level 8
It will need to be kept as small as possible in terms of size, other then that, we really don't have much of a restriction on what it should look like. If you'd like to just be as creative as you can, of course while keeping it relevant to the game.

If not, I can repost with suggestions as what we can use for the screen.

Thank you for your support by the way.

Level 8
Well we want to use that system because of all the versatility it has, the only thing it is missing is a ranged weapon slot, and tabs to switch back and forth for the talents.

If you believe there is a simpler way, by all means we would much appreciate it.

Level 8
The forums are not dead, I check them every 2-3 days.

As for your post for wanting to be a tester, we already have enough, but we will review your post and we might choose you for a backup tester slot.

Level 25
The forum and project are still alive. The action is mostly behind the scenes; in other words, most of the activity is private between the developers. So it just makes the public portion look more inactive.

Working on terrain details and level design (layout/outline) some more today. Not a whole lot of progress to be expected, but it's just to help the alpha tests get started.

Level 8
We are doing the most we can, but to be honest we have completed a great chunk of the game already, we are really left with nothing but touching up some of our previous things.

Unless we get a dedicated coder soon, we won't have much progress to report about.

Level 7
Unless you get a dedicated coder there won't be much progress?

What happened to the 2 coders you had? Did one go on vacation or something?
I fail to see how having another coder would help. I mean honestly i think having another coder would slow people down cause of compatibility and different trigger methods.

Level 8
We used to have 2, both have left us leaving us coderless, we have 1 coder who is sometimes active and helps us, but again "sometimes" isn't enough to get us moving in the right direction fast enough.

Level 8
Yabooer said:
Alright so there hasn't been an update, and definitely nothing worth updating for more than a month, but the great news is, that there is news!

I'm currently done, I'll just be tweaking ideas around and possibly work on some more bosses, and...

Check out the full post here!

http://ardentheroes.freeforums.org/post133.html#p133

Stay active on our forums guys, as progress is going to just flow soon, we would also appreciate some input on ideas, etc... That are already put in as a thread, and of course if you haven't signed up, sign up at our website at ardentheroes.freeforums.org

Level 6
I have absolutely no idea why I haven't been paying any attention to this!!!! This seems AMAZING :D I honestly cannot wait for this to be released ^^. My eyes are peeled on this from now on.

Level 8
Yabooer said:
We have a LOT to show off and for you guys to get pumped!!

After some comments concerning how the tank tree wasn't tanky enough...

Check out the full post here!

http://ardentheroes.freeforums.org/post133.html#p133

Please post in our forums and get things started, we really need the support and activity from you guys right now, to show that there is a playerbase out there!

Ask questions, sign up for beta (We might need more as some are now inactive) comment on things, give us YOUR opinion on things, and we will take it into consideration!

Status
Not open for further replies.