• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Arthas vs Illidan

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Map Info :

Description
It's just a cinematic map who Arthas fight Illidan to go up on the Frozen Throne :).
Probably have a bug, where the cinematic is white, and where you don't see anything.
For the correction, make this :
Scenario --> Description of the map --> Option --> Click off the cross " Use the terrestial fog"
After this, the bug is normally corriged.
Details :

Details
Music : Token of Time - Ensiferum

Imports by :
-Inico
-l0w_kwaliti

Have fun and good film ! :)
Details
Contents

Arthas vs Illidan (Map)

Reviews
00:21, 22nd Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Rejected Broken Rules: (Resource) Originality, (Map) Presentation Comment

M

00:21, 22nd Jan 2011
-Kobas-:
Map Status: Rejected
Broken Rules:
(Resource) Originality, (Map) Presentation
Comment

It may just be me, but the entire screen was white for nearly the entire cinematic. I could only see blood effects, and occasionally some of the terrain, as well as outlines of the heroes when they were close to edges of the screen. From the special effects and the subtitles, the cinematic seemed that it would be cool if I could actually see it...

Level 4
Well, this is not the first time who my map has this bug..

For remove the white, juste go to World Editor :

Scenario --> Description --> Preferences --> Option --> and click off the cross " use the terrestrial fog "

Level 31
I rate this resource by 1/5 and I suggest it to be rejected due to its poor quality.

1. Im pretty sure, description at THW should be improved.
2. The sound tracks and the texts of transmissions do not fit. They talk that and text other.
3. Loading screen is missing, also I cannot see the loading bar, only the text.
4. Something is wrong with the view, look at this screenshot below. Everything is white, cliffs and hero itself, it's like without a skin, absolutely white. Looks bad and quite nonsense.
clipboardo.jpg

5. In Illidan's tranmission, first without a sound track, was a misspell goules, it had to be ghouls I guess.
6. It is way too white to observe the fight. I cannot even see what's happening, just too while. Please increase the distance of fog or zoom camera. Look at screenshot, it is unacceptable.
clipboard2w.jpg

7. I cannot close cinematic while it is on, please implent system which would allow audience to exit cinematic anytime they would like to.
8. Why Illidan said: 'I failed.. Master..' What kind of master? There is no master in the storyline of blizzard and the events are from the storyline of blizzard obviously.
9. Why I see the edge of the game? It is terrible. Look at the screenshot cut below.
clipboard3.jpg

10. At the ending, camera mode was turned off and after few moments, victory was mine. Why turning off the camera mode? It was bad, I was able to see my heroes and entire gaming board with minimap.

Afterall, it was a work of one evening. I'm sure there were only basic cameras from the sky, it is not interesting and attrative. Add more cameras from the close, not from far only. I couldn't see fighting screne, but the effects seemed to be not good enough. Few spams of thunder and death coil is not impressive at all. Ending seemed silly, I don't know, maybe I didn't get the joke? Please, once you make a cinematic, play it and look at it by yourself before you upload it here, that's the most important point in my opinion.

Edit:
Well, this is not the first time who my map has this bug..

For remove the white, juste go to World Editor :

Scenario --> Description --> Preferences --> Option --> and click off the cross " use the terrestrial fog "
It is your job to remove it, not the audience who download your resource. It is quite not fair, why to download it if people have to work in order to see it? It is obviously your duty to fix it and update.

Level 8
Well, besides some typos (and some words that aren't typed exactly as they're heard in the text, like, the lines aren't typed the same way they're heard. Dunno how to explain this...), and the whiteness, which basically covers all the screen and making the viewer unable to see anything, this could be improved.

Here's a list of BB Codes, they'll help you improve your description :) Also, remove the fog please, and fix the typos please :S It'd make the cinematic much better. And allow players to skip it, if they wish, and the ending could be better. Like, a black fade-out, then the map/cinematic is over.

Also,
8. Why Illidan said: 'I failed.. Master..' What kind of master? There is no master in the storyline of blizzard and the events are from the storyline of blizzard obviously.

Sorry if I bother you with quoting you (already done that once, so...), but I think that's Kil'jaeden, as seen in the Night Elven and Blood Elven TFT Campaigns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Thanks for this BB Codes :).
And well, it's better with the fog removed? :p

I start a new cinematic map, the name is " The history of Skrur, Shaman" ( i have posted the history in the forum cinematic ), i hope it's better and when i've finish it you like it :D

And for my " English speaking ", it's not like the sounds because i'm not verry good in English ( you know, i've change the dialogs in English with a site of traduction and i have do best to the players understood me :S )

Level 31
Sorry if I bother you with quoting you (already done that once, so...), but I think that's Kil'jaeden, as seen in the Night Elven and Blood Elven TFT Campaigns.
That's fine, bother me as much as you want, I don't mind. :)
I'm not really interested into storyline, but do Illidan call Kil'jaeden his master? Maybe the last time I played campaign, I didn't pay enough attention to their act, however, it was long time ago.

Moderation

Arthas vs Illidan
Created by Arc-boss ; Uploaded by: Arc-BoSs

Terrain is very bad as well as camera movement.
Effects are bad, units are placed one within one.
There are 2 many this like cinematics!

Dunno why all people like Arthas so much, fail human, Illidan was immortal being, wise, skilled, he did so many great things... Nah I won't bother...
Map status: Rejected

Broken Rules:
(Resources) Originality, (Map) Presentation
Thread Cleaned:
/