• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Changing a skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok i need help here

What i wanna do ist put the Ogre Magi skin onto a Stonemaul Ogre so its a one-headed magi.

But i have no idea how :huh:

Level 12
I think he wants to make the Ogre Magi look like a 1 headed Stonemaul Ogre? (or vice versa)

Just change the unit's model from Ogre Magi to Stonemaul Ogre. (You know where right? under the ability, unit color stuff...)

Level 3
Just import the Ogre Magi skin with the custom pathing of where the stonemaul ogre pathing is.

Sorry I dont have WE right now and I cant find the paths, itd help if you specify them for me.

Thats what i want to do is make a one-headed ogre magi

I tryed importing the skin but when i imported the ogre magi and then put in the stonemaul skin it changed the name and file to stonemaul :hohum:

Last edited:
Level 7
Okay heres the thing, if you do it purely with skinning you can make an alpha channel on the skin so that it would appear as one head.

BUT the head will not be centered as the model has two heads that are off-centered.
If you would like to have it as one model, you will need to edit the model by removing either of the heads and then centering it.

This is very easy but its a filesize killer, unless its not a bnet game. So which way do you want to go with? I can do either way. Want me to edit the skin, or want me to edit the model as well as changing the skin path so that itd be one-headed with the proper skin.

Level 31
Okay heres the thing, if you do it purely with skinning you can make an alpha channel on the skin so that it would appear as one head.

BUT the head will not be centered as the model has two heads that are off-centered.
If you would like to have it as one model, you will need to edit the model by removing either of the heads and then centering it.

This is very easy but its a filesize killer, unless its not a bnet game. So which way do you want to go with? I can do either way. Want me to edit the skin, or want me to edit the model as well as changing the skin path so that itd be one-headed with the proper skin.

wtf you dont need to do that at all just make a model and change stonemaul ogre texture to stonmeaul magi

Level 7
Oh oops, sorry about that. I was only looking in the war3.mpq and not the war3x.mpq which is why I didnt find the OneHeaded version.

Anyways here it is, just import it and youre good to go!

Attachments

• OneHeaded_Ogremagi.mdx
    106.5 KB · Views: 63
Level 3
Oh oops, sorry about that. I was only looking in the war3.mpq and not the war3x.mpq which is why I didnt find the OneHeaded version.

Anyways here it is, just import it and youre good to go!

thanks, now im one step closer to my ogre race :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.