• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Competitive Melee Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I wouldn't say there is much as guides as their is "you got to play the game to understand"
you can always watch the old WCG Videos of the top compeditors and see what they did when usingg certain maps, but overall you just have to play the melee map itself and see which race has an overall Compliment to the map, not so much as an advantage.
When I play orc I try to use a map where I can geta goblin shredder, or when playing undead if I don't like the hero i try to choose a map with a tavern.

Even in a general Melee stance, I like a map where my expac is close, and I can expand easily but not without having to defend it so heavily becuase of its open positions.

My personal exp I love maps with a fountain, Maps such as Gnoll Wood, are perfect, but again its my own preference.

My advice, go and see what battle.net uses for 1v1 maps, and 2v2 maps.. take a look at those and" brainstorm ideas" that would match those maps, such as neutral building placement, expansion areas, if high ground is needed, if this is a a good idea to have a hidden expansion (some maps have expansion where zeppelin is requires to access it).

2 Good Maps to review:
Lost Temple
Gnoll Wood

There is many MANY others, some of which are not even made by blizzard. you just have to go out there, play the maps, and review them for yourself and see what makes a competitive map, and what maps a map balanced, but mainly just for fun to play on.

"If it's worth making, make it worthy."

Status
Not open for further replies.