• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Melee] Creep Diversity?

I'm working on a melee map and for "reasons" the creeps only consist of these. (see picture lol)
with different combinations you can make green, orange, red camps.
attack type is chaos, normal, piercing.
armor type is heavy, medium.
I also allowed the ranged ones to hit air, since they didn't by default, so they can defend from air attacks.

would this be okay? or people are going to find it boring? or imbalanced?
TL;DR= should I add more creeps to the mix?

Attachments

• Creeps.jpg
    Creeps.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
after playing a lot on the maps, I started getting bored that every camp is about the same lol, tried tons of different combination of creeps and finally changed them, still left the succubus camp as the hard one in the center of the map.
edited the new creeps to make it more "balanced".
allowed all of them (except golems/infernal machines) to sleep at night and removed shadowmeld (hate invisible camps)
ghost lvl 3 (removed possesion and added curse)
should I change charm from the queen of suffering for something more friendly? players can easily send a dispossable unit like a water elemental/wolf but the AI gets fucked hard when they go attack early/middle game. you often go to the middle and see that she has charmed a good number of enemy units lol.

on another note, I changed 3 of the 10 rock variations into copper, silver and gold.
I love how the maps with tons of rocks look. you can see some precious metal here and there.
in the screenshot it may look dull, but in the game the metalic texture looks very nice, just like the golems.

if you shop a little on the custom models in the site, I'm pretty sure you can find some different models that still fit your "reasons"
trying to use ingame stuff only, don't want to go adding extra stuff.

you could make an all-female creeps theme for those "reasons" : ghosts, I think Reforged added female centaurs, maybe some others too ?
Prikjirik removed their ugly mask, I'm using them to guard the starting base gold mine.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg