• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Discuss Film & TV Series - Ratings & Recommendations

Well, the Fast and Furious 7 key story tech is really amazing, to say for the least. I mean come on, "God's Eye", something that CAN SEE THE WORLD from YOUR POSITION.

Though yeah, no doubt it happens a lot, those near death event. I was expecting at least one death by the ending, especially Toretto after he jumps his car to put those explosives and impact the ground with heavy force.

And it's kinda missing something a little, the "Mr Nobody" guy never revealed after he was left behind by Toretto and his party. I assume he survive with the medics coming.

Still, the SFX is really eye catchy and it have decent plot. I also like the mysterious Shaw person that keeps popping from the shadow and disrupt Toretto plans.

I really like the part on rescuing Ramsey. And this line : "well well well... welcome to the party, Mr Shaw."

8/10

Level 34
The new Netflix Daredevil series pilot was pretty amazing. It's nice to see that Deborah Ann Woll landed herself in a big series role after True Blood (which stuck around far longer than it should have) was finally staked. The ratings are jaw-droppingly impressive for Daredevil's pilot as well, so I know it's not just me who enjoyed it.
I just finished the whole series today. Loved it by the end. Started out kinda iffy with it, but they did a fantastic job by the end. Last episode was a fitting finale (slight disappointment how fast they wrapped things up, but small complaint).

The only issues were inconsistent quality on the action (some are pretty good, some are mediocre, a couple are cringy) and some of the serious dialogue can get cringy (specifically Matt with the priest).

Level 36
Daredevil is by far the worst super-hero concept I know of, marginally beating Superman.
So I can hardly imagine it can be a good series at all, not unless HBO made it :p

Though, it might just be me being biased by the fact that the Daredevil movies were horrible.

Level 34
Daredevil is by far the worst super-hero concept I know of, marginally beating Superman.
Whoa, you obviously don't know comics too well. :p
There are some really dumb shit in comics. As far as main-stream goes, I could understand that someone would think that.

But worse than Superman? Superman is my least favorite hero by far. I really don't like him (Man of Steel was a good movie, shame it was Superman's). Daredevil is actually pretty creative and a well crafted character. You should check out Frank Miller's comic arc (which is what they based some of the show on imo). Daredevil has pretty unique powers and while the angst-y superhero is not a new idea, he's probably the best suited character for it given his whole theme of devil at night, catholic lawyer by day. Miller once said, "Only a catholic could be a superhero and a lawyer." Or something like that.

Besides, he's blind. What are you, racist?! :p

So I can hardly imagine it can be a good series at all, not unless HBO made it :p
I'd say Netflix produces almost, if not as, good shows as HBO.
Except GoT and Band of Brothers.

It is a good show though. Give it a chance.

Though, it might just be me being biased by the fact that the Daredevil movies were horrible.
Could be. I never saw them because everyone told me they sucked, so maybe that helps.

Level 36
Whoa, you obviously don't know comics too well. :p

I do, I just reject the super-bad ones as not recognized.
But when a super-hero has enough of a fan-base to merit
him a movie, and a series, then I start throwing my cussing
left and right at how stupid people seem to be to me.

But worse than Superman?

I said marginally... But I'm not certain I still agree with myself,
Superman is worse. And, yes, Man of Steel was amazing, imagine
if that movie was any other super-hero. (even He Man, for the kicks)

Besides, he's blind. What are you, racist?! :p

Yes.

I'd say Netflix produces almost, if not as, good shows as HBO.

Oh? I don't think I've ever seen a series made by Netflix.

It is a good show though. Give it a chance.

I'll... Consider it.

Considering what a damn disappointment "The Flash" was,
I've become rather sceptical to super hero series.

Level 30
I just finished the whole series today. Loved it by the end.

Just started taking on episode 1, and damn its worth my time watching it, its sad how they end up finishing it for season 1 only, its probably because they need room for agent carter? :thumbs_up:

I think Marvel should start taking back their street heroes themed characters instead of letting them get in the hands of other film production companies, remember Ghost Rider 2? what nicely done fuck.

There is only one Daredevil movie, to be precise.

Whoa, you obviously don't know comics too well. :p.
Comics are like, cookies and milk for the heart. :wink:

Level 34
Considering what a damn disappointment "The Flash" was,
I've become rather sceptical to super hero series.
I haven't seen Flash, but Daredevil is so much better than Arrow (which I watched for 2 seasons). Arrow was also probably the most popular of the comic-tv-series.

Also, I'll try and validate the things I've said by mentioning that Daredevil is far from my favorite character. He's alright, but I've never been much of a fan before this.

I would like someone to try and make a non-gritty show. I guess SHIELD would be that answer, but I have no interest in it. I hope as Marvel makes more shows they're able to make a more light-hearted show since all DC does is grit (Green Lantern being the exception).

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I've also watched Arrow =) the third season is pretty interesting, you should check it out. There's only one episode I don't like: the guy who got hit by lightning comes back with the most silly stuff I've ever seen. It's not that things in Arrow are all that plausible and superhumans certainly were not, but they couldn't have screwed it more with that lightning-hit guy.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I like Agents of SHIELD. You do not need to subscribe to some crazy service for it as it is shown every Friday on Channel 4. Wish they showed Agent Carter, for some reason they did not show it.

I do admit the amount of killing in it is a bit out of hand, but I guess so was the comics to some extent and most who die are minor nameless roles anyway (although it is still quite sad).

Level 36
I haven't seen Flash, but Daredevil is so much better than Arrow (which I watched for 2 seasons).

There's only one episode I don't like: the guy who got hit by lightning comes back with the most silly stuff I've ever seen.

The Flash and Arrow are basically sibling shows, Barry Allen, the guy hit by lightning in
Arrow, is the main character in The Flash, and from that point on they go on in different
directions. Though Oliver Queen appears sometimes in The Flash series and apparently,
Barry Allen appears some times in the Arrow series.

It makes sense that you find it strange, and ridiculous, that he suddenly appears in
Arrow, if you haven't seen The Flash.

Anyway, in the beginning I liked Arrow, since it was the first "super hero series" I'd
seen since Smallville, and I watched The Flash because of this sibling thing, it was an
interesting innovative way of making two separate series intertwine. Besides, the actor
that played Barry Allen seemed competent and interesting during the Arrow show.

However, I find both merely boring these days. Unbecoming plots, predictable
plot-twists, poor acting, horrible writing... So on and so forth. In that regard I found
Gotham much more to my taste, because that show, at least, seemed "serious."

Level 34
The acting in Daredevil is pretty solid for the most part. Some of the dialogue gets cringy, but there are a couple stand out performances that really carry the show. Vincent D'Onofrio is absolutely brilliant and hands down the biggest reason I want to keep watching the show.

Level 9
Let's bring this thread back to life.... again.
So, I had watched John Wick and The Black Cauldron (too bored)
John Wick - definately one of the best action movies i have ever seen, with not-so-complicated plot, Gun-Fu style, and fights that DOESN'T SKIP ANY MOVEMENT makes it one of the best, like The Equalizer. Plus, Keeanu Reeves is in it, and its a sleeper hit.

The Black Cauldron - a Disney movie from the 80s, with dark elements in it makes it a PG movie of Disney. not really good, in fact underrated (lets be honest, there are lots of other great movies in the 80s that beats this one), and dark just like Watership Dawn, Coraline, and The Plague Dogs. But I love it.
And the bad guy is an Necromancer..... 'nuff said.

Level 35
I like Agents of SHIELD. You do not need to subscribe to some crazy service for it as it is shown every Friday on Channel 4. Wish they showed Agent Carter, for some reason they did not show it.

Agents of Shield is awesome, and while I find myself hating some of the characters, its due to the story, so it is as it should be. In some ways Agent Carter had a more interesting setup and if it continues, I will definitely be watching it. In fact with the Netflix Daredevil we got some great Superhero/or hero inspired series on our hand. Which leads me to the final point: Age of Ultron, damn a nice movie. Better than the first by miles - much more defined team and less throwaway jokes.

Arrow just bored me after a while, so I stopped caring for it, though I did watch the majority of what I consider essential parts for that story.

Level 6
I want to mention Interstellar at this point. I'm not sure if anyone has already spoken about it in this Thread,
but if not, it is definitely time for it. First for those of you that haven't watched it yet a short recap:

MV5BMjIxNTU4MzY4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzM4ODI3MjE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

Director: Christopher Nolan
Writers: Jonathan Nolan, Christopher Nolan
Stars: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain

In the near future, Earth has been devastated by drought and famine, causing a scarcity in food and extreme changes in climate. When humanity is facing extinction, a mysterious rip in the space-time continuum is discovered, giving mankind the opportunity to widen its lifespan. A group of explorers must travel beyond our solar system in search of a planet that can sustain life. The crew of the Endurance are required to think bigger and go further than any human in history as they embark on an interstellar voyage into the unknown. Coop, the pilot of the Endurance, must decide between seeing his children again and the future of the human race.
Written by Warren D'Souza

First off, i want to talk about the 3 most important persons that made this film, the film that it is.

Christopher Nolan - This guy, is a complete god for me. He makes the best films I've ever seen.
It's not just films, it is art that makes you think about your life. That makes you want to forget your memories about it,
and watch it over and over again, like it was the first time. And he did the same thing in Interstellar.
This film really made my emotions go over the top.

Hans Zimmer - One point why Nolan is so good, is this guy. I don't know if you've heard a lot of his themes.
But if you don't, do it asap. You won't regret it. In my opinion he makes the best film music at all.
Listen to his Inception, Dark Knight or Interstellar Theme. And many people forget that the sounds
and the musics in films, are almost as important as the optical effects.

Matthew McConaughey - I've seen him before, wasn't thinking too high about him, since I've never seen
something really good from him. But in this film, he went over the top too. Which also speaks for Nolan,
because he seems to get the best out of his casters. There are several scenes in the Film,
That McConaughey played so well, that I'd say he deserves an Oscar for it.

Now a bit more about the film. If you want to watch it, bring time with yourself, the film goes 3 hours ~
and has a slow and for some people boring intro/beginning. But still you should be very careful at that,
because everything that happens in this film is pretty important, and should be remembered.
After quite a while this film gets going, and at this point, it doesn't stop anymore. It goes to an point,
where I couldn't even close my mouth anymore. I was really amazed and touched.
But that is just the beginning, it goes deeper and deeper, and at the ending my emotions really went over the top.
I do admit that I cried while watching that Ending-Scene not being a Spoiler or anything.
The Genre is Adventure & Sci-Fi. And this is one of the first films I can agree on that.
This film is not only an Adventure film, it takes you on its very own Adventure. An Adventure,
you will think about for the next days after you watched it, at least that is what happened to me.
If you're a lot into Action films and stuff, I don't think this is exactly what you are looking for, even tho
it has a lot of Action scenes. This is for you if you if you like emotional rollercoaster rides into an huge
Adventure, that amazes you at its best. Everything is perfect in this film for me, and i hope some of you can relate.
But however, enough of my own opinion. What do you guys think about it?

Last edited:
Level 32
San Andreas was alright. I guess you can say I was forced to watch it with my friends. Spoilers? Not really.

Is it a generic disaster and destruction movie film? Yes, it is. Secondary character scientists do the usual by blabbering on about things most people won't know doing their purpose and trying to sound scientifically accurate. The main characters are always getting lucky while others around them splatter from falling debris, pummel down cliffs, drown rather quickly, and trample over each other showing the weakness humans have, except for the family the story revolves around. These aren't necessarily bad things and there aren't many alternative things to choose from what I've just listed, so I'll cut 'em some slack.

The plot wasn't good or bad. I won't spoil anything about it here and I didn't have any problems with it besides it not being innovative. Let's just say it was a little above mediocre for the average Joe but an A+ for those who are always worried about the character I didn't care to much about.

On the science geeky side of things, I really don't know how they did. It didn't seem stupid, but I had a lot of questions on the amount of destruction there was. The earthquakes reported were around seven and ten from what I remember, and the destruction seemed to great to be true. Perhaps that it was the fact that the quakes happened multiple times, but it still didn't seem to add up with nearly every tall building, even the modern ones that surely prepared for these type of disasters, crumble to pieces. The Tsunami was ridiculously huge as well.
TL : DR for this paragraph
I'm not an expert, but holy shit everything did seem exaggerated.

The CGI wasn't top notch, but I'll deem it as average for 2015 block buster movies. Sometimes you can notice a few background CGI mishaps, but overall the effects did me well. I wasn't looking for inconsistencies and I've only noticed maybe two scenes where I'd complain about. Sometimes it just seemed like some visuals didn't mix correctly.

In enjoy-ability terms, I give it a 6.5/10.

Last edited:
I still wonder I watch those Naruto and One Piece series through Youtube, and I still remember the day they're on my tv (and it's still today, at different channel which I don't look at) :D

Anyway, I'm thinking of going to cinema after exam, see if I can watch something.

On another slight note : many movies tend to have their MC get TOO lucky.

Level 15
i just watched Jurassic World. Basically its the same as other Jurassic Parks, about dinosaurs in park, and they got mad, and they start eat human. But this time, only one dinosaur that start that madness. And the dinosaurs are not real. They came from lab.

The story is so short, and not explain everything. Even I dont know what main character name and where he come from. zzz. But, its a good thriller movie for those who not really care the story. Also, they put 2 very funny scene there...

I only know 1 actor in there, a British woman who play as Morgana in "Merlin" series. And lol, she only play as a food. Not really a good movie. (Sorry I am really bad for reviewing stuff)

Level 9
God, WHY DID THEY CANCEL PHINEAS AND FERB ?!?
Now, there's no more good cartoon series to watch anymore, all hope is lost.....

Level 9
There is Meh Lettleh Poneh.

E: Seriously, am I the only one that watches this show?

Well, I almost recognise you as a brownie.
I think that most of the best series of Disney have transferred to Disney XD (Doctor Who, Star vs the Forces of Evil, Kick Buttowski)
And I must find a way to install it (Vietnam don't have that channel)

Level 15
i just watched Jurassic World. Basically its the same as other Jurassic Parks, about dinosaurs in park, and they got mad, and they start eat human. But this time, only one dinosaur that start that madness. And the dinosaurs are not real. They came from lab.

The story is so short, and not explain everything. Even I dont know what main character name and where he come from. zzz. But, its a good thriller movie for those who not really care the story. Also, they put 2 very funny scene there...

I only know 1 actor in there, a British woman who play as Morgana in "Merlin" series. And lol, she only play as a food. Not really a good movie. (Sorry I am really bad for reviewing stuff)

Nothing in the movie seemed believable in the slightest, especially not the awful characters they cooked up for this. If you like bland characters, 0 character development and soldiers dying in heaps and nobody giving a shit. Then watch it after all there are not that many dinosaur movies and watching claire strutting around half naked with her high heels in the jungle is not too bad.

Last edited:
Level 9
Nothing in the movie seemed believable in the slightest, especially not the awful characters they cooked up for this. If you like bland characters, 0 character development and soldiers dying in heaps and nobody giving a shit. Then watch it after all there are not that many dinosaur movies and watching claire strutting around half naked with her high heels in the jungle is not too bad.

That's what we get for the hype. DO NOT HYPE ABOUT ANYTHING.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
TIME FOR A THROWBACK.

Back when I was a kid, when Don Rosa was still actively illustrating comic strips for Donald Duck and the common man seriously didn't give a shit about broadband, filling your "hardcore movie"-quota was a full-time gig. There was no going on PirateBay hoping to find a stable mirror for Der Todesking or other weird shit. And because of the controversy on video violence, most places didn't have anything to rent that was creepier than Carpenter's The Thing (although it, if we're being honest, scared the shit out of me still).

Anyways, a subculture sort of spawned in Sweden on the internet of dudes and dudettes that recorded and traded VHS-casettes over the postal service. It was customary to trade two at a time, and since your average film is say 90 minutes long, (and a VHS-casette can usually hold a bit more than two hours of film), there was some space left on the tapes. Which was obviously filled up with theese video geeks doing their own assorted indie movies as sort of like a hallmark of who they were. There were some pretty awesome ones. Like bouleshit (ref to Boules) that was about two unremarkable dudes that were playing Boules and (not literally) hit the wall over conflicts like working life and juvenile desires. Good shit.

But the most bizarre one I ever came across was some kids from southern Sweden that had recorded 6 crazy graphical shorts. The films were called Toolbox Murder, Nature Cannibal and some other equally creative titles I can't remember. They drill out holes in each other's backs, fight each other with chainsaws, dismember themselves and pretend to chug hard liquor. This shit is like the prime of Swedish subcultural movie history. I haven't been able to track any down since my parents threw out all old casettes.

Was this a thing anywhere else on the planet? Because this should seriosuly still be a fucking thing. The past was awesome!

Level 9
TIME FOR A THROWBACK.

Back when I was a kid, when Don Rosa was still actively illustrating comic strips for Donald Duck and the common man seriously didn't give a shit about broadband, filling your "hardcore movie"-quota was a full-time gig. There was no going on PirateBay hoping to find a stable mirror for Der Todesking or other weird shit. And because of the controversy on video violence, most places didn't have anything to rent that was creepier than Carpenter's The Thing (although it, if we're being honest, scared the shit out of me still).

Anyways, a subculture sort of spawned in Sweden on the internet of dudes and dudettes that recorded and traded VHS-casettes over the postal service. It was customary to trade two at a time, and since your average film is say 90 minutes long, (and a VHS-casette can usually hold a bit more than two hours of film), there was some space left on the tapes. Which was obviously filled up with theese video geeks doing their own assorted indie movies as sort of like a hallmark of who they were. There were some pretty awesome ones. Like bouleshit (ref to Boules) that was about two unremarkable dudes that were playing Boules and (not literally) hit the wall over conflicts like working life and juvenile desires. Good shit.

But the most bizarre one I ever came across was some kids from southern Sweden that had recorded 6 crazy graphical shorts. The films were called Toolbox Murder, Nature Cannibal and some other equally creative titles I can't remember. They drill out holes in each other's backs, fight each other with chainsaws, dismember themselves and pretend to chug hard liquor. This shit is like the prime of Swedish subcultural movie history. I haven't been able to track any down since my parents threw out all old casettes.

Was this a thing anywhere else on the planet? Because this should seriosuly still be a fucking thing. The past was awesome!
Wow, sounds like what I could be experienced if I go to deep web, or the weird side of the internet.

In other cases, yeah, you may never know, since some indie movie developers actually bring out many crazy ideas, since they don't care about their profit much, but rather bringing a new breath into the movie industry (Paranormal Activity is one of them.). You Sweeden have a special case here, and Im willing to dig deep into this subject if I could. You can ask on Ebay if you want. they might sell some stuffs like yours there.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'm going to start watching a few new shows: Wayward Pines and (debuting today) Sleepy Hollow.

I've watched an episode of the former. The story is curious, but there was a scene of werewolf-like creatures feasting that really didn't come out too well, it was a crappy scene. Then again, maybe I've got too used to gory stuff.

Level 9
I'm going to start watching a few new shows: Wayward Pines and (debuting today) Sleepy Hollow.

I've watched an episode of the former. The story is curious, but there was a scene of werewolf-like creatures feasting that really didn't come out too well, it was a crappy scene. Then again, maybe I've got too used to gory stuff.

I don't know about Sleepy Hollow, but Wayward Pines is good, especially comes from a person like M.Shaymalan.

Level 9
In 50 years it will be discovered that if you watch his movies is a certain order, it transforms them into a master piece.

Wonder if I could applied that law to Uwe Boll, too.

EDIT: Is anyone watching Steven Universe, Star vs the Forces of Evil or Gravity Falls in here? They are some of the good cartoons left I found recently, and I would love everyone to watch it.

Last edited:
Level 29
I'm not sure how much movies I've watched in my life... but I'm not really intersting about films (specaily ''Drama and Romantic'') I don't have a heart! I like hum... action, horror.... Films like :
-Wars of the worlds
-Transformers...
-Cast Away
- The mist.....
Well for me, movies it like a ''pass time''...

Level 6
I think the wire is an underrated series because a lot of people think it isn't good because it's "old".

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I never have time to go to the cinema, so, as usual, this holiday season served to catch up to some things xD
  • Steven Spielberg's "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn". I didn't quite grasp the story, but god, the movie is superb! It's 3D, but the characters and the ambient (the water, for instance) look so real.
  • "The Fast and the Furious 5". Here I was thinking I didn't like cars xD this film was epic :p
  • "Maleficent", with Angelina Jolie. I've been wanting to watch this movie! I absolutely loved the story and the soundtrack!
  • "The Croods" and
  • "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire". I've only heard of this series recently. I didn't understand the story at all, but the movie was okay I guess, it was interesting :p

Roland

R

Roland

I watched:
Growth - That was some rip-off gore movie.
The Thing 2011 - That's one inspiring movie for me, I really loved gore so much. I deserved it as a perfect 10.
28 Weeks later - I only liked Jeremy Renner in that movie only, But so far that movie was decent.
The Neighbors - This was the funniest movie I've ever watched, Damn at the first part, It was fucking hilarious.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Videodrome by David Cronenberg.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086541/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Think James Woods (character Max Renn) as a TV executive/cable programmer trying to find a new angle for his radical porno show, and finds an underground reel called "Videodrome," that looks like it's depicting snuff from actual murders. Disgusted but professionally intrigued, Renn goes deeper into the underground cesspool and his own addiction to it, as the show starts to actually infect the outside world in many disturbing ways.

One of the better cyberpunk/sci-fi horrors I've seen in a long time. Debbie Harry (Blondie) also makes her first major film appearance as a fucking femme fatale.

Good watch if you can stomach it. Definitely not suited for kids.

Level 51
Finally brought some motivation up to watch Better call Saul - and hell I was not dissapointed.

It's so much like breaking bad but at the same time it is different in the right aspects (which is very important, seeing if it had been to similar it would have been seen as a simple cash-milking copy). The characters are lovely and the story of the main character is just awesome.

My only critics would be that that in the first few episodes the show couldn't kinda decide in what direction it wanted to go and which storyline it should focus on, but that settled a bit in the later episodes.

Level 49
Ex Machina. I was a bit resistant to watch that movie at first because it was described to me as something very psychological-philosophical and a bit of a mindfuck, but that turned out to not really be the case. While it does deal with some philosophical problems and such, the story is very straightforward and easy to follow. The movie leaves you with stuff to think about, which is always a good thing. Overall an interesting (and occasionally slightly disturbing) experience, though I must admit I called much of the story pretty early on. The ending did not disappoint.

Level 51
Ex Machina. I was a bit resistant to watch that movie at first because it was described to me as something very psychological-philosophical and a bit of a mindfuck, but that turned out to not really be the case. While it does deal with some philosophical problems and such, the story is very straightforward and easy to follow. The movie leaves you with stuff to think about, which is always a good thing. Overall an interesting (and occasionally slightly disturbing) experience, though I must admit I called much of the story pretty early on. The ending did not disappoint.

Damn son that ending.
I was like: no come on nope nope nope.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Finished watching the new Star Wars film for the eight time yesterday.
That should alone give you my opinion on whether or not I would recommend it.
A lot of people are praising it so I definitely will see it. However since I am a cheap skate I wait until the DVD is out to see it, that way I can watch it 8 times for the price of one DVD!

I saw Ant-Man recently as part of a Christmas present and I do not understand why people disliked it or ratted it poorly. I do admit its style was a lot more comical than other Marvel Cinematic Universe films but that can be considered a good thing as it brings variety to the collection. It also set up the character pretty well for civil war.

Roland

R

Roland

I watched The 33 with my classmates in the computer room, It was enjoying yet a bit scary, I'm not claustrophobic but that film was scary but a bit dramatic. I wouldn't end up like the miners there.. So guys I would recommend you to watch that film ^^

Level 51
A lot of people are praising it so I definitely will see it. However since I am a cheap skate I wait until the DVD is out to see it, that way I can watch it 8 times for the price of one DVD!

I saw Ant-Man recently as part of a Christmas present and I do not understand why people disliked it or ratted it poorly. I do admit its style was a lot more comical than other Marvel Cinematic Universe films but that can be considered a good thing as it brings variety to the collection. It also set up the character pretty well for civil war.

Loved it too. The humor was bigger then in the other ones, but it always was relatable to the characteristics of the main char.

Level 34
I felt that Ant-Man was a "cartoon" movie. The dialog and story felt more like a cartoon than any other Marvel movie to date. I liked it.

Because of this though, it was more comical and reallllly cheesy. But Paul Rudd is a very good actor and can work with the cheese. Mostly the conversations between the daughter and father.