• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Found a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
In chapter 2 I found 1 blue dragon and 1 green dragon in dragonlitermorticae that has a quest sign in his body.

Also when i was collecting wood in chapter 1 and i went inside the camera inside the house began hacking. dont really know if that is abug though.

And lastly... when i completed the food and dragon spirit quests in chapter 2 a volcano appeared for a while, is it supposed to happen?

Level 12
I dont think it has anything to do with the fraps, i think it is just the camera that is going into the roof.

Edit: I used the frap program but i couldnt attach the movie so you could see how it hacked...

Level 12
Now i think i now what caused it not being able to upload...

It was to large!! I only got 5MB storage but the movie is 50!! how can i fix it??

Edit: Oh, and i think i found another bug-- When you complete the food quest you still get to keep the food you bought.

Edit again: OK i manage to make a very quick movie of the hacking that is able to upload so you probably have to play it some times. here it is

Attachments

• Pyritie.zip
    3 MB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Oh, I think I know what the problem is! You know how when you start the lumber the camera angle goes up? That's set on a timer... so when you go inside the house it's applying the camera but then telling it to change the camera...

A very simple fix. I'll just turn off the "fix angle" trigger when you're inside.

+ rep!

New version should be out soon; I just gotta fix a few things.

Oh, and when you're doing the food quest, try to mix the food a little by like Pyritie having one sausage, a red apple, and a banana, and Lirch having 2 sausages, a green apple, and four bananas.

Just play around with that food quest; I want to see if the food removal system at the end works properly.

Level 4
-After the train passed one of the camera angles, the angle was stuck there. I waited for approximately two minutes (not exaggerating) and decided it was safe to assume the camera was stuck. I got out of it easily enough by pressing Esc, but the bug might be a minor annoyance anyway for people who want to see the whole train ride. Reproducibility: 1/5 times so far. The camera seemed to be in a different position than usual when it did get "frozen".

-Unstacking feature (double-right click) doesn't seem to work on Wolf Bones or Wolf Teeth. I'll have to reload a save and figure out whether it works on any rocks.

-How do you use the backpack? Is it supposed to be an item that Pyritie and Lirch get?

-About how much do you care about text errors (captions not exactly matching voices verbatim, or slightly misspelled words)?

In case you needed to see it, the screen looks like this when the camera is frozen on the train tracks:
Bug001.jpg

Last edited:
Level 8
I compiled a list of bugs that I found.
_= Map 1 =_
-The blue dragon (your mother) slides more than walking. Please increase the Animation-Walk Speed or whatever it is.
-The second door from the beginning of the campaign opens into a wall.
-Couldn't eat pancakes. They just wouldn't be eaten.
-I didn't realise that I could go through a cave to get more wood.
_= Map 2 =_
-Don't create the mining pick until you have talked to the Ticket Salesmen first. I got lost and accidently had two cinematics running at once, and I couldn't progress.
-Moving system was cool as first but it got really annoying really fast.
-I was thinking you may be able to have a top-down view, have tree models with no leaves (just the trunks) and use a progression of filters to give the forest canopy look with a circle in the centre so that you can see yourself.
-After the food quest, the ground dissappered completely. When this happened I was like WTF?!
-I couldn't be bothered doing some of the quests. I don't see them as a rewarding experience. If they gave me levels/really cool items I would do them.
-As said above, I had a problem with cameras stopping on my train trip so i skipped cinematic.
_= Map 3 =_
-Red dragon lost a level
-Had to relearn abilities
-I think climbing three mountains is overkill enough. This could just be a sign that I suck at the campaign
-Please invent more traps. They were quite repetative
-I would prefer one longer trail, as opposed to the trails you have, with occasional rest stops, marked by fountains of health.
-A tornade attaches itself to you when you kill wind elementals.
_= General =_
-For final release, implement the "cheat beaters" so that people have to play your maps the way they were intended
-Overall, very creative, stunningly beautiful maps (especially the first one) keep up the good work.

I compiled a list of bugs that I found.
_= Map 1 =_
-The blue dragon (your mother) slides more than walking. Please increase the Animation-Walk Speed or whatever it is. In order to make it look like she's walking and not sliding, I have to increase it a lot. Then the mom's tail flails about like she's on crack.
-The second door from the beginning of the campaign opens into a wall. Eh?
-Couldn't eat pancakes. They just wouldn't be eaten. You have to press the left and right arrow keys fast to eat them, like left-right-left-right-left-right, etc. The pancakes themselves do not move.
-I didn't realise that I could go through a cave to get more wood.
_= Map 2 =_ Yes, that's how you continue. Also, whenever you click on the wood then the other wood pings on the minimap.
-Don't create the mining pick until you have talked to the Ticket Salesmen first. I got lost and accidently had two cinematics running at once, and I couldn't progress. I thought I fixed that. Oh well, I'll go look at that again and fix it.
-Moving system was cool as first but it got really annoying really fast. Tough. :3
-I was thinking you may be able to have a top-down view, have tree models with no leaves (just the trunks) and use a progression of filters to give the forest canopy look with a circle in the centre so that you can see yourself. Lol no. The movement system is staying as it is.
-After the food quest, the ground dissappered completely. When this happened I was like WTF?! I was supposed to be making a volcano of gold shower down after the quest as a special effect. I forgot that volcano also does that terrain deformation. It's fixed, don't worry.
-I couldn't be bothered doing some of the quests. I don't see them as a rewarding experience. If they gave me levels/really cool items I would do them. They give you money, and then you can go to the jeweler's and buy some cool items.
-As said above, I had a problem with cameras stopping on my train trip so i skipped cinematic. Fixed.
_= Map 3 =_
-Red dragon lost a level Eh?
-Had to relearn abilities And...?
-I think climbing three mountains is overkill enough. This could just be a sign that I suck at the campaign I've reduced the number of elementals by about a third. So now you'll be able to go faster.
-Please invent more traps. They were quite repetative. See above.
-I would prefer one longer trail, as opposed to the trails you have, with occasional rest stops, marked by fountains of health. No.
-A tornade attaches itself to you when you kill wind elementals. That's a bug with the model. I make it so that when the elemental dies it waits until the animation is done then it removes it from the game. If I didn't do that the tornado would stay until you moved away from where the elemental died.
_= General =_
-For final release, implement the "cheat beaters" so that people have to play your maps the way they were intended. Cheat-beaters? Those codes displayed at the beginning will be removed, don't worry. They're for testing purposes.
-Overall, very creative, stunningly beautiful maps (especially the first one) keep up the good work. Thanks!

-After the train passed one of the camera angles, the angle was stuck there. I waited for approximately two minutes (not exaggerating) and decided it was safe to assume the camera was stuck. I got out of it easily enough by pressing Esc, but the bug might be a minor annoyance anyway for people who want to see the whole train ride. Reproducibility: 1/5 times so far. The camera seemed to be in a different position than usual when it did get "frozen". Fixed.

-Unstacking feature (double-right click) doesn't seem to work on Wolf Bones or Wolf Teeth. I'll have to reload a save and figure out whether it works on any rocks. That feature does not exist at all. Eventually double-right-clicking will send the item to an external backpack. I'm still waiting for HappyTauren to finish making said system though.

-How do you use the backpack? Is it supposed to be an item that Pyritie and Lirch get? See above.

-About how much do you care about text errors (captions not exactly matching voices verbatim, or slightly misspelled words)? A lot. I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

In case you needed to see it, the screen looks like this when the camera is frozen on the train tracks: As said above, it's fixed.
Bug001.jpg

Thanks for bug reports! Comments are in yellow text.

Level 8
I believe that, by "cheat-beaters", he was referring to the "whosyourdaddy" and "iseedeadpeople" cheat. Currently, all it does is say "You should've put it on EASY", but doesn't actually remove the cheats themselves. There's a tut for them somewhere, if you need it.

Disabling cheats makes people who just want to blast through the campaign angry. I mean, if you don't have the patience to kill the obstacles, then you should at least have the option of completing the campaign.

Besides, when I'm showing it to people at school/relatives/etc, they just want to get to the cinematics. They don't really care for the tedious parts.

Level 4
Well, I've finished the campaign so far once (took a while since I reloaded several times to test bugs for reproducibility) and I must say I'm impressed!

In Chapter 2, After completing the counting quest, a small area around the dragon that gives you the quest turns "invisible". It's not black; it looks like the sky or something. Anyway, that was a bit weird. It's probably exactly the same as the Food Quest bug that was mentioned before, so it's probably fixed already. But I thought I'd just point this one out just in case.

In Chapter 3, after you collect the second fragment (or whatever you call it) of the elemental artifact, the tooltip still only shows the first spell (even though you now have two spells in the spellbook).

Also, Pyritie's Monsoon spell doesn't seem to do anything. It makes flashy lightning special effects but doesn't damage anything (as far as I can tell). I haven't run into any other problems with special abilities yet, but I haven't tried most of Scorch's moves or Level 3+ Chain Lightning...

I'm assuming the Complete Artifact item that is on the ground when you begin Chapter 3 and cannot be dropped is a tester thing and is not going to be there when the public release is out (since that wouldn't make much sense and would be kind of cheap - especially being able to Blink past all obstacles).

In Chapter 2, After completing the counting quest, a small area around the dragon that gives you the quest turns "invisible". It's not black; it looks like the sky or something. Anyway, that was a bit weird. It's probably exactly the same as the Food Quest bug that was mentioned before, so it's probably fixed already. But I thought I'd just point this one out just in case.
Yep, it's the same bug and it's fixed.

In Chapter 3, after you collect the second fragment (or whatever you call it) of the elemental artifact, the tooltip still only shows the first spell (even though you now have two spells in the spellbook).
Must've missed that one. I'll fix it right now.

Also, Pyritie's Monsoon spell doesn't seem to do anything. It makes flashy lightning special effects but doesn't damage anything (as far as I can tell). I haven't run into any other problems with special abilities yet, but I haven't tried most of Scorch's moves or Level 3+ Chain Lightning...
If the lightning strikes near an enemy it does damage. The lightning striking is random as well. So at level 1 it does it over a small area but attacks slower, and at level 5 it does a really big area and attacks really fast.

I'm assuming the Complete Artifact item that is on the ground when you begin Chapter 3 and cannot be dropped is a tester thing and is not going to be there when the public release is out (since that wouldn't make much sense and would be kind of cheap - especially being able to Blink past all obstacles).
Yup, it's just for tester's purposes.

Thanks again!

Level 8
I can't pick up wood in the first map. That is to say, I picked it up and it dropped automatically. I tried again, same result. I tried 3 different piles of wood, same result. I tried to go through the cave, and I have to pick up the wood.

I have the quest and everything. Is there something I missed?

Level 12
Ok, I've looked through the version and found some bugs i think:

1: The Wood Collection Quest, I have the quest but sometimes you can't take up the wood. I got nine pieces of wood and i struggled to get them up by throwing them out and taking them up again but i couldn't take up the last pieces. Also sometimes when i took up wood it started a new pile in my inventory instead of filling up the pieces i allready have collected. See screenshot.

2: The Food Quest, I noticed here that the bananas and sausages need to be togheter in order to work, otherwise it stands that you haven't bought them. I put one apple and sausages to Pyritie and one apple and bananas to Lirch and the food dissapear from both dragons. But i found another bug here when i accedently throwed out an apple after Pyritie sad "Shopping's done" and went to her. The food on the dragons dissapeared but the apple on the ground does'nt so i think its the same with everything of the food. I mean that after Pyritie sad shoppings done you can throw out all your food, go to her, get your reward and still pick up the food on the ground later.

That's it for now.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_103007_130331_01 (kopia).jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_103007_130331_01 (kopia).jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 240
Hmm, I wonder why the wood quest is not working any more... must be something I added by accident when I was fixing the camera bug before... I'll take a look at it.

Good thing you pointed that out to me! Maybe what I'll do is store any dropped items in an array... or I could just change it so you have to drop the items on the bronze dragon, like for the cleaning up room quest in the first map. I think I'll do that instead, actually.

Thanks again for reports!

And you guys know about the various text commands in the first map... right?

Oh. Well if you open up the campaign and if you know about triggers you can probably find them.

The main two for the first map are "quests" or "chores" (forget which works), which skips you having to play piano and clean up your room every time, and the second is "wood" which sets the stack of wood in your inventory to 13.

Of course, these will be removed when the campaign is released.

Level 2
i tried the wood command and it didnt work i think its b/c i read earliery somewere it only worked if u had a peice of wood already well u cant pick up wood so wat should i do i cant play the rest of the firs map... and the command to skip the piano and clean is chores

Oh okay. I knew it was either "quests" or "chores".

The wood is just an item... do you have the wood quest?

I think I might've found the bug... the item stacker system uses a custom value for the item, and at the start of the trigger it sets it to 1, but I forgot to set it back to 0 if it was dropped. That's probably the problem, but I'm still not sure. I'll post the item stacking triggers.

[trigger="Item Stacker Acquire"]Item Stacker Acquire
Events
Unit - A unit Acquires an item
Conditions
(Custom value of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to 0
(Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)) Greater than or equal to 1
(Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Powerup
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Action Figure (blue)
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Action Figure (red)
Actions
Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulating item)
Item - Set the custom value of (Item being manipulated) to 1
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Wooden Fragments
Then - Actions
If - Conditions
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions
And - All (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(ChoresQR_Piano is completed) Equal to False
(ChoresQR_Toys is completed) Equal to False
Conditions
(ChoresQR_Piano is completed) Equal to True
(ChoresQR_Toys is completed) Equal to False
Conditions
(ChoresQR_Piano is completed) Equal to False
(ChoresQR_Toys is completed) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from Yellow Dragon 0005 <gen>
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Yellow Dragon 0005 <gen> named Pyritie: Play No sound and display I don't need that!. Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
Else - Actions
Item - Pick every item in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If - Conditions
(Item-type of (Picked item)) Equal to Wooden Fragments
(Custom value of (Picked item)) Equal to 0
((Picked item) is owned) Equal to False
(ChoresQR_Piano is completed) Equal to True
(ChoresQR_Toys is completed) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Item - Set the custom value of (Item being manipulated) to 0
Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked item))
Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at TempPoint for 2.00 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%)
Point - Remove TempPoint
Else - Actions
Else - Actions
If - Conditions
((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)))) + (Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)))
Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
Else - Actions
Hero - Give (Item being manipulated) to (Hero manipulating item)
[/trigger]

[trigger="Item Stacker Lose"]Item Stacker Lose
Events
Unit - A unit Loses an item
Conditions
(Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)) Greater than or equal to 1
Actions
Item - Set the custom value of (Item being manipulated) to 0
[/trigger]

[trigger="Wood Ping (i.e. pings on the minimap every 15 seconds)"]Wood ping
Events
Time - Every 15.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Item - Pick every item in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If - Conditions
(Item-type of (Picked item)) Equal to Wooden Fragments
(Custom value of (Picked item)) Equal to 0
((Picked item) is owned) Equal to False
Then - Actions
Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked item))
Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at TempPoint for 2.00 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%)
Point - Remove TempPoint
Else - Actions
[/trigger]

I think that's what the problem is, but I'm not sure.

Level 2
im not to great with triggers but i looked in the quests and i didnt see any of the skip commands is there 1 to skip the wood section cause i wana play the rest of map 1

@Taz - Can't you even pick up one piece of wood? And have you completed your piano practice and tidying of room?

@Mechmap - Okay that's good. That means that after I get the wood thing fixed then you can just skip over it and go straight to map #2.

Also, when going from the second to third map, has the game cache worked? As in do Py and Scorch keep the items they got from map 2?

Level 2
lol wen u pick up the wood it doesnt go to ur invintory it drops to the ground at ur feet and yes i have completed the piano/room. i got the quest from dad i saved and loaded it still didnt work. i restarted and it still didnt work

(edit) ok i restarted 1 more time and this tome i could pick up wood but wen i got to 16 wood nothing happened i went to the dad and droped the wood on him and nothin happened. oh and im getting wood pings outside the fence is that suspose to happen and im sure this is intentional but thought i shoul bring it up u cant give commands on the mini map

Moved on to map 2 i got rich in that cave if u dont intend in people having 1000 gold b4 they get to the city i sujest lowering the gem drop percentage. got to the city and went exploring i went into the air portal with pyrite and he go stuck in a square with a red dragon and a blu dragon that looks like him. the only way i got him out was going and getting a quest with lirch. u should do something about the edge of the map it looks like your on a flat island in the sky. when i finished the food quest it gave me the 200 gold reward 3 times.
other than that i havent found any bugs yet but i havent finished either. ill add more later :)

Last edited:
Level 8
Minor bugs to point out:
A) Pyritie collides with Lirch when Lirch turns around to say "You're the best!" to Dabbeldorch in the first map. Just a little thing, it does look sorta weird.

B) Pyritie is prone to flying through the floor on the second level of the house. Raise the elevation?

C) You use about 6 or 7 too many '-'s when you place the warning about piano keys rapidly causing crashes.

(edit) ok i restarted 1 more time and this tome i could pick up wood but wen i got to 16 wood nothing happened i went to the dad and droped the wood on him and nothin happened. oh and im getting wood pings outside the fence is that suspose to happen and im sure this is intentional but thought i shoul bring it up u cant give commands on the mini map
You have to go through a tunnel.

Moved on to map 2 i got rich in that cave if u dont intend in people having 1000 gold b4 they get to the city i sujest lowering the gem drop percentage.
For some reason WE likes to screw with my item drops if I make global item tables, so I had to choose individual rocks. So every time you go to the mine you can go to the same rocks but you'll just get a random gem.

Maybe I should reduce that number though...

got to the city and went exploring i went into the air portal with pyrite and he go stuck in a square with a red dragon and a blu dragon that looks like him.
Huh. I must've misplaced a pathing blocker. The only way to reach that point normally is via a different quest.

u should do something about the edge of the map it looks like your on a flat island in the sky.
Yes, I added more trees now. It looks much better.

when i finished the food quest it gave me the 200 gold reward 3 times.
Weird. I'll take a look at that.

Minor bugs to point out:
A) Pyritie collides with Lirch when Lirch turns around to say "You're the best!" to Dabbeldorch in the first map. Just a little thing, it does look sorta weird.
It's because lirch and py are walking together, but then lirch suddenly stops so py keeps walking but then realizes lirch's in the way so he walks around. That's a wc3 bug.

B) Pyritie is prone to flying through the floor on the second level of the house. Raise the elevation?
Flying through the floor? What do you mean? Can you take a screenshot?

C) You use about 6 or 7 too many '-'s when you place the warning about piano keys rapidly causing crashes.
I'll be replacing those warnings with a big filter like the pancakes game.

Level 8
I find your trigger a little messy. Instead of all those conditions being called at once, make a new boolean variable (called Wood_Get or something) that turns true when your father gives you the quest. This replaces the constant checking that two quests are completed and it shows that you have the quest.

Also, why do you drop every item that is picked up. There are easier ways to check items, stack items and the like.

BTW is the version with the randomly dropping wood (most recent as far as I know) a big version or a little version. It is just that I need to know if I have to fit my study around it or if I can leave it until the 19th November when my current university year ends until February.

There is no randomly dropping wood. It is all preplaced.

I guess I see your point; why do I need a whole item stacking system if there's only one item that's going to be stacked?

And the latest version is mostly a small version. Although lots of things were added/removed in the third map, especially the cinematic at the top of the first mountain.

Level 4
Just popping in to let you know I haven't found any bugs that haven't been pointed out already. I haven't played it as many times as I'd want me to if I were someone else (because of other [sorry] more important events) but of the (I think it's six now) playthroughs I've done (without tester codes, since I'm assuming the end-user will not have access to those!) I've found the campaign to be fairly stable. Good job!

Okay good to see you're still with us. Still waiting for responses from the others.

You don't really need to test it 6 times, once should be fine. And the tester's commands are for skipping parts which I know are already stable so it saves you time.

Good news! The piano bug is now fixed! Woot! I tried to fix the wood bug, but when I picked up a piece of wood the game crashed. Weird. So I went and cleaned up the trigger. It's much cleaner now. I'll test it later to see if it works.

I'm also currently making new fade filters for the pancakes game, the piano practice, and the arrow movement system. There are also little pictures so they're not just big blocks of text!

After I've added a cinematic and changed another quest/cinematic in D'ticae (so you have to do the food quest before you can talk to the king), I'll upload it again. This will be a minor update though. I also might make the dropping from the rocks randomized and decrease the gem drop rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.