• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

FPS Mod Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I followed the installation instructions and tried Goblins in Space. It was actually kind of fun too, although pretty basic. However, after that, I was unable to play it again or play the FPSMOD demo. The same error as before is occurring again. Redownloading the file did not help either.

Level 4
I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't particularly clear. When I said redownloaded, I meant that I had deleted the RTC directory, downloaded the file again, extracted, and played it again. Also, the "logs" folder is empty. (I did not think to keep the one from the deleted copy, sorry.)

Level 9
I'll try redling it later. But it crashed the first time (i supposed it worked then) and, 2nd and 3rd time didn't launch the map.

I'll try to redl it and try again ofc with the log files

-Av3n

EDIT: Tried on the comp..... no launch of any program which i think is why it didn't produce log files.

EDIT 2: I noticed.... look at the screenie (my comp) it stops after ongameload... it doesn't load any other files. I noticed that using the one provided here actually finds Wc3 this one doesn't.... Is it the race problem by any chance (my comp's RAM is 2.00 gig)

Attachments

• logs.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 81
  • ... Screenie.jpg
    ... Screenie.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Level 8
I don't know exactly what you guys did wrong,
I tried it and LOVED It, I manage to get to the Dark Lich Guy, couldn't beat him, maybe a healing spell maybe? I even ran back out a few times and got the potions I Didn't use,
I Had lots of Fun, What kind model did you use for us? a Footman?
Great Work! =]
-Calvin

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
It might be, like you said, a race problem.
Take a look here, and see if that might fix it: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=555640&postcount=48

I don't know exactly what you guys did wrong,
I tried it and LOVED It, I manage to get to the Dark Lich Guy, couldn't beat him, maybe a healing spell maybe? I even ran back out a few times and got the potions I Didn't use,
I Had lots of Fun, What kind model did you use for us? a Footman?
Great Work! =]
-Calvin
Yes, the hand is an alphaed Footman, we'll be making a much better model for the next release. :) We know the boss is hard, he's supposed to be. :p Just dodge his attacks, and use spells.

Level 2
Maybe u guys should make it multi player and make it rpg, i swear it would pwn DoTa and those other rpg's, once u play other rpgs and get max lvl and items it aint fun anymore :/

Level 1
Well, okay.. Now it works.. x) I got the goblin map to launch, and i can play it in about 5 seconds.. Cause then i get hit by an enemy, and the program closes with this message:

This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: C:/spil/Warcraft III/war3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCES_VIOLATION) at 001B:00D5436D

The instruction at '0x00D5436' referenced memory at '0x000000B8'.
The memory could not be 'read'.

Press OK to terminate the application.

What?!?!??!! xD xD

Level 1
okay.. Lol.. Im really really sorry, that i keep on posting stuff, but i am finding more problems as i try the new stuff..
But my newgen WE wont open. It says that there is a grimorie error and i should check if the cd is in the cd drive... I run 1.21b so i shouldent even use cd at all.. What to do about this?

Level 22
The Camera API, keyboard API and the demo rocks man, we can make great RPG's with these innovations, goodluck to you guys!

Level 4
Directed towards DukeCz, Catar, Av3n and anyone else who can't get it to work:
Try out with this version - it doesn't depend on your registry settings, but has to be in your Wc3 directory.
Or, the long version (installation instructions):
  • download RtC.zip attached to this post
  • extract it and run RtC.exe found inside
  • it will ask you to specify a path - this must be your wc3 directory, the place where war3.exe is, if your wc3 is installed in C:\Program Files then specify "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\" here (without the quotes).
  • after it finishes self-extracting navigate to your Wc3 directory, there should be a RtC directory inside, alongside Maps, Movies etc.
  • enter the RtC directory, run RtCLauncher and try out the Goblins in Space map

Should that work, you may try putting the FPSMod map in the RtC\Maps folder and try that out as well. Please report here whether this worked or not as it is very important for further development of FPSMod, namely the custom natives part.
Thanks in Advance

I DLed that one but i cant play the FPS it just brings me to the main menue. I can play goblends in space but not the other has any1 figured out how to fix this? im going to try and reinstall it.

EDIT: reinstalled and it is the same as before. im going to reinstall the FPS folder and try again.

Level 4
Well, it mysteriously decided to start working. I enjoyed the FPS. Perhaps it could be combined with TDR's Doom models?

EDIT: Found bugs. If you alt-tab while playing, the game will continue to lock your mouse to the center of the screen (i.e. it warps the mouse there every millisecond.)

Also: After finishing, when I pressed Single Player, the game crashed.

Level 11
this game blew me away how the charactrer you play moves around the map so fluently without any hesitation or whatever. its just such a fantastic camera system, truely great work. i loved the sync of the WASD to the mouse, even the tilt of the camera when u looked up was extremly smooth, looking left and right was smooth. this is truely a great acomplishment.

Level 21
On BXcore>>>>>

BUG detected!!!! You can't exit the map : i used: F10, X, Q.
it returned me to map selection BUT my cursor gone.
I suggest : When pressing ESC key, the system will restore to normal and the player will be defeated, so it can return to map selection!!!!!!

Level 5
In last years blizzard made a lot of mistakes, and i mean biiiiiig mistakes... that's not good :sad:

So it's Blizzard's fault that custom made code extensions don't work anymore?
Code injection depends on fixed addresses of code in memory. Therefore any patch can result in custom code not working anymore. So what should Blizzard do then? Not patch anymore? :hohum:

Status
Not open for further replies.