• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gors

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Evil goat dude. Two weapon options with slightly different animations, spell and attacks slam extra anims, hero version

Use or edit at will, give cretit
Previews
Contents

Gor Axe (hero) (Model)

Gor Axe (unit) (Model)

Gor Flail (hero) (Model)

Gor Flail (unit) (Model)

goraxeicon (Icon)

goricon (Icon)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Wonderfully animated custom units of orcish design. Changes made. Works in-game. Approved!
It's fantastic....The Roar and Taunt animations are an excellent decision and I love seeing various unit and hero variations. I have been wanting to make a Beastmen custom race.

Have you thought of adding the cannibalize animation? From what I remember aren't the Beastmen cannibalistic and eat their enemies? It would expand the model's potential.

Keep up the good work.

Level 32
It's fantastic....The Roar and Taunt animations are an excellent decision and I love seeing various unit and hero variations. I have been wanting to make a Beastmen custom race.

Have you thought of adding the cannibalize animation? From what I remember aren't the Beastmen cannibalistic and eat their enemies? It would expand the model's potential.

Keep up the good work.
thats not a bad idea actually

Level 21
Pretty good, so far looks exactly like a model out of warcraft 3 like damn. Lowkey looks like it uses some satyr features (legs?) which I honestly love. In my opinion still fits for a tauren race.
Maybe add a defend animation for the defend ability? Idk, the spell animation looks like he's using the Defend ability.

Edit: although as a unit, it would look a bit small (compared to the huge taurens) but it can be made bigger in the object editor.

Level 32
Pretty good, so far looks exactly like a model out of warcraft 3 like damn. Lowkey looks like it uses some satyr features (legs?) which I honestly love. In my opinion still fits for a tauren race.
Maybe add a defend animation for the defend ability? Idk, the spell animation looks like he's using the Defend ability.

Edit: although as a unit, it would look a bit small (compared to the huge taurens) but it can be made bigger in the object editor.
its based on the tauren model and texture, yes

its about the size of a grunt

defend animations is a bit too much for me tbh, and the ccharacter isn't too disciplined anyway

p.s. I think I forgot to set proper attachments

9660a303597a104018dba5fc8021ee4cfc7fdcdf.gif

"I looked up into the sky and there I saw my doom, lithesome yet dread. What creatures were these? How many tortures would I endure before peace was mine? A thousand wretched forms united only by a hatred that never ends. Malign and savage to the last, they brim with bitterness for the works of Man."

Again some new, fresh and real RTS models made in the visual spirit of Warcraft 3, and these are not just a construct of clumsily pasted eye-candy details. In addition, your custom materials give us the opportunity to use your amazingly fitting textures, geosets and even animations to further expand the SD universe, a balm for the soul! Tauren Chieftain would be certainly proud and thankful. I love your talent, man, and send your hands a kiss 😘

I found some rough edges (might be too picky though) you can have a look at:
In the 'Stand-2' the braid is fixedly tied to the head bone and moves along with it. Might be a good idea to re-animate it (like in your Horn Gor).

There's a pause in the 'Attack-1' sequence right after the damage point unlike in 'Attack-2' and 'Attack-3'. These animations should be synchronized (which is required for 'Animation Backswing/Damage Point'), otherwise this may cause the unit deal damage to its target before or after the hit in one of the animations.

Also Warcraft won't show the 'Attack-3' sequence by default (it plays only 1-2), so you may want to rename and reassign these sequences so that the unit/hero will have the most vivid of them played by default.

As a rule, heroes have weapon glow on their weapons. Might be a good idea to provide the axe and flail with it.

In the 'Death' sequence (if you look from above) the handle of the weapon gets rotated on the ground after the fall. You may want it to move more naturally.

To my personal taste in the 'Dissipate' sequence the flying weapons, that don't lie in the hands, look pretty odd. I'd leave them on the ground, so that they will just slowly fade away along with the hero's body.

Regards!

Last edited:
Level 32
In the 'Stand-2' the braid is fixedly tied to the head bone and moves along with it. Might be a good idea to re-animate it (like in your Horn Gor).
I must ve forgotten. Got very confused when I spotted it in horn gor, I thought it was a glitch and never bothered to check. Shouldnt be too hard to fix
There's a pause in the 'Attack-1' sequence right after the damage point unlike in 'Attack-2' and 'Attack-3'. These animations should be synchronized (which is required for 'Animation Backswing/Damage Point'), otherwise this may cause the unit deal damage to its target before or after the hit in one of the animations.
I never realised that. Actually, id havd to double check, since i ndver noticed any difference in gqme.

I added that pause for smoother transition to stand ready, but i never bothered with anims 2 and 3

Also Warcraft won't show the 'Attack-3' sequence by default (it plays only 1-2), so you may want to rename and reassign these sequences so that the unit/hero will have the most vivid of them played by default.

I swear it works in the actual game, it just plays all 3 anims. Im pretty sure ive seen blizz models with 3 attacks too

All the the rest it pretty fair, idk if I'll be getting around to fix those but I probably should

Level 11
Great model for the beastmen, I wonder why Blizzard devs has so few of it besides the Taurens in OG Warcraft 3 but they got the Yaungol in Wow though 😁.