• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive Cup 2023 Melee Mapping Contest 9 - POLL

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
hivecup2023-png.440543

The Hive Cup 2023 Melee Mapping Contest #9 Poll is now up!

Level 7
I hate to say it but these maps seem to lack charisma. It´s not map developers fault thought but more like blizzard fault for not giving modders more tools to play with (more doodads for example) - that would continue the story of warcraft. Maybe the new players might enjoy these maps too. I personally just would like them to add wetlands into the ladder pool but they didnt listen me..:con:

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
I hate to say it but these maps seem to lack charisma. It´s not map developers fault thought but more like blizzard fault for not giving modders more tools to play with (more doodads for example) - that would continue the story of warcraft. Maybe the new players might enjoy these maps too. I personally just would like them to add wetlands into the ladder pool but they didnt listen me..:con:
I really disagree with this. I saw some very good entries there and I was inspired by a few of them as they showcased stuff that I hadn't seen before. And I have been playing this game since the beginning.

Level 7
I really disagree with this. I saw some very good entries there and I was inspired by a few of them as they showcased stuff that I hadn't seen before. And I have been playing this game since the beginning.
You´re not going to mention any names? I think map with frost and fire was kind of "original" however I made such a terrain also with my pokemon dark map tho (it needed to have explanation on why it was possible to have fire volganos with a lot of winter terrain). In my map it was possible because of confusion with the articuno & moltres causing havoc on the lands.
And that what it was lacking for the melee map contestor - it did not explain why it was so.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
You´re not going to mention any names? I think map with frost and fire was kind of "original" however I made such a terrain also with my pokemon dark map tho (it needed to have explanation on why it was possible to have fire volganos with a lot of winter terrain). In my map it was possible because of confusion with the articuno & moltres causing havoc on the lands.
And that what it was lacking for the melee map contestor - it did not explain why it was so.
I could only vote for three but there were at least four that I liked. The votes are public. The main one I didn't vote for but wanted to was the one about witches.