• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] How does one make something similar to "Is Attacked" but for spells/items?

Level 3
Hi -- I created an item which casts a spell, mimicking a ranged attack. You click the item in the inventory, click the target, a projectile fires and it deals damage. It's based off of Shadow Strike. All is good there and I'm having no issues. Hooooowever...

...it isn't triggering this trigger!

worldedit_7Vrm8F0HVF.png

To my understanding, "is attacked" triggers when you tell a unit to right click something and it swings, so it makes sense for an item not to trigger it. That's the problem... How can I make an event as close to the pictured one as possible, but have it trigger when I use an ability or item on the unit?