• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to get your imports for all maps in Campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ah not sure how to best word the title with the limited character space.

Basically I used to always see in people's campaigns as a kid back in 2005, they would have say a campaign called Joe's Quest or Return of the Dragons, and they had say 15 maps to the campaign.

BUT, here's the rub. I made for my campaigns, all the imports in EACH map's Import thingy/module! However they didn't. Their imports were all in the campaign's Import section in the Campaign Manager or whatever! I would open each of their maps (as you could do when viewing someone else's campaign), and you couldn't see any files in the Import Manager! It was blank as can be.

I tried adding mine to the Campaign manager, and important to note is that they also had their Units/Object data all defined in the Campaign Manager window, NOT in each individual map! I tried that too with the units, but could never seem to use them in each individual map.

What am I doing wrong? I can try to clarify better if you don't understand.

Level 5
Make sure you open the map from the campaign file, as well having all the necessary materials in the campaign editor. Campaign maps with this mechanic cannot be easily extracted without causing some mess to the data (usually model and icon related issues pop)

What do you mean by "pop"?

And I haven't had a proper copy of Wc3 as I've been CD key banned for 10 years and never opened it again, but you're saying you can launch a map from the Campaign Editor? And when you launch it, you will have access to all the global data stored in the Campaign file?

Status
Not open for further replies.