• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Lordaeron's Destiny

Footman16 Presents
lordaerons-destiny-png.421108

An Alliance Campaign

The Second Campaign in the Tales of the Alliance and sequel to Lordaeron's Legacy (It is not necessary to play Lordaeron's Legacy to follow the story)

Made for Version 1.31
Now Fully Voice-Acted by the power of AI!

The Setting
During the period of time known as the Cataclysm, Azeroth was shaken when Neltharion now known as Deathwing awakened and reshaped the continents. During this time, the Alliance and Horde went to war again due to the aggressions of the Horde's Warchief Garrosh Hellscream and the leader of the Alliance, the King of Stormwind, Varian Wrynn. Shortly before the Cataclysm occurred, an exiled Noble from Lordaeron had retaken Durnholde Keep and its surrounding area. After achieving this he declared himself de facto King of Lordaeron. In this period of great unrest there are many heroes and villains trying to survive, claim power or just do what they believe is right.

The Characters
269747-6433de65529463e3cccdfa682f7f0caa.jpg

Lord Candor was once a prominent Lordaeron Noble who ruled his lands sternly but fairly with an unyielding loyalty to his people and the Kingdom of Lordaeron itself. After retaking a slice of the former Kingdom he has now styled himself as King Candor, a move which has proven unpopular with many in the Alliance.
90457-513018088f9570052305766325157810.jpg

Commander Istan is a decorated officer in Stormwind's Royal Army. The son of a Knight and Mage he has travelled Azeroth extensively and embodies much of the spirit of the Alliance. Whilst some might fight him lacking in seriousness, his flexibility has proven useful in battle.
btnzeus3-png.419790

The Warmages of the Kirin Tor are among some of the most powerful on Azeroth and Pyraelus Buren is no exception. Were it not for his eccentric personality he would be a contender for the Council of Six, nevertheless his penchant for destructive magics make him a force to be reckoned with.
Alongside these three main heroes are many side characters with many based on characters from WoW itself such as Admiral Tarlen Aubrey, Thassarian and Koltira Deathweaver.

The Campaign's Features
The Campaign has 10 playable missions, an intro, an epilogue and 2 interludes. The cinematics are skippable as well as a functional game cache.
In terms of gameplay expect the usual Blizzard style of non-base dungeon crawl missions as well base building segments as well as twists on the objectives and defeat conditions. Hopefully you'll enjoy a wide range of fast-pace stressful missions and slower, more relaxed breather levels. There's also new tech-trees for the Forsaken (Thank you Tomoraider for your permission!), the Alliance and a modified Horde tech-tree.

Every map also features easter eggs, secrets and unique dialogue depending upon your actions, I've tried to account for the various ways people might try to play a mission and to reward these with dialogue or differences to the standard gameplay. For example entering a cutscene using one hero compared to another might change the dialogue or completing quest objectives in a strange order or trying to progress without completing objectives have all been foreseen.

Gameplay
Should anyone wish to play the campaign on Twitch, Youtube etc you have my full permission and let me know so I can enjoy watching it and link it here! If anyone wanted to chat about the process of making the campaign that would be fun too.

The YouTuber John Maximous has been nice enough to play and upload a playthrough of the campaign with the first video being this one here:

Known Issues
There appears to be an issue with 1.31.1 campaigns in relation to chapter progression and button visibility in the menu, thanks to Ravager16829 for sharing this information as outlined in the post and link below:

1.31.1 Campaign Issue

ModelsSkinsIconsMusic/Other
AbominationBodyOperating by Hawkwing
Admiral Proudmoore by Direfury
Airstrike Rocket by Vinz
Altar of Queens by Ujimasa Hojo
Ancient Tomb - Rounded Top by hellblazer-14
Arcane Den by Ujimasa Hojo
Axemaster V1.5 by Tarrasque
Ballista (Scorpion) by Mike
Battle For Azeroth - Sylvanas by kangyun
Calia Menethil by kangyun
Campaign Doodads by -=Emergenzy=-
Coffin by NET-RUN
Dark Harvest by Power
Devotion by JesusHipster
Dire Troll by Cavman
Dwarven Mountaineer by Norinrad
Empathic Bond by Hermit
Fill-Me-Up Treasure Chest
Fountain Defiled by imforfun
Forsaken Catapult by Dr
Forsaken Deathguard by Cavman
Forsaken Grave by Ujimasa Hojo
Forsaken Hall by Ujimasa Hojo
Forsaken House by Ujimasa Hojo
Forsaken Laboratory by Ujimasa Hojo
Forsaken Mage Tower by Ujimasa Hojo
Forsaken Slaughterhouse by Ujimasa Hojo
Forsaken Tents by Heinvers
Forsaken Towers by Ujimasa Hojo
Forsaken Town Hall, Keep and Castle by Ujimasa Hojo
Forsaken Worker by Ujimasa Hojo
Gondorian Towers by Fingolfin
Grim Reaper by Kuhneghetz
High Elf Buildings by SinisterX
High Elf Kid by epsilon
Holder of Entropy by -Grendel
HolyAwakening by JetFangInferno
HolyRestoration by Vinz
Knight of the Ebon Blade by Hawkwing
Koltira Deathweaver by kangyun
Main Menu Beta by Crystalking52
OrbOfCorruption by UgoUgo
Orc Blacksmith WC2 by RedXIII
Outhouse by stan0033
Piercing Thrust by Vinz
Prismatic Wave v3 by xyzier_24
Roar Caster by DarkEvil
Royal Captain by Tranquil
Sunken City Rogue by PROXY
Tauren Tent by Nasrudin
Varian Wrynn by Stefan.K
Wall Set by Tranquil
War Tent (WotR) by HerrDave
WC2 Church by Ket
WoW Towers and Walls by Peacegetter
Archnecromancer by Arowanna
Argent Captain by Peacegetter
CW_Turalyon by CloudWolf
DarkElfArcher by Juice_F
DarkwingBat by 67chrome
Draenei Battlemaster by 67chrome
Field Marshall by 67chrome
HalfElfCrusader by Daenar7
King Arthas by Hueter
Kirin Tor Warmage by chr2
Kor'Kron by Heinvers
Lieutenant Commander by 67chrome
Lordaeron Circle by Mr.Goblin
Lordaeron Tent by Mr.Goblin
Paladin Villager by Mr.Goblin
Returned by 67chrome
Returned Archer by 67chrome
Returned Captain by 67chrome
Returned Mage by 67chrome
Scarlet Crusade Footman by CloudWolf
Scarlet Knight by Heinvers
Scarlet Crusade Priest by WerBackIII
BTNAbilityWarriorShockwave by Blizzard Entertainment
BTNArcaneBlast by Darkfang
BTNArmorUPG3 by SkriK
BTNAxeMasterby Tarrasque
BTNBallista by Mike
BTNBatby67chrome by 67chrome
BTNCeremonialLocketHuman BlackDoom
BTNChurch by ILH
BTNCWBlueAura by CloudWolf
BTNCWScarletCrusader by CloudWolf
BTNCWTuralyon by CloudWolf
BTNDarkChampionby67chrome by67chrome
BTNDarkElfArcher by Sin'dorei300
BTNDarkSylvanasby67chrome by 67chrome
BTNDarkValkyr by Sin'dorei300
BTNDeathGaurd by Cavman
BTNDireTroll by BLazeKraze
BTNDraeneiBattlemaster by 67chrome
BTNDragonKnight by FrIkY
BTNExplosion by zbc
BTNFieldMarshall by 67chrome
BTNAltarofQueens by Mister_Haudrauf
BTNForsakenArcaneDen by Ujimasa Hojo
BTNForsakenCastle by Ujimasa Hojo
BTNForsakenGrave by Ujimasa Hojo
BTNForsakenHall by Ujimasa Hojo
BTNForsakenHouse by Ujimasa Hojo
BTNForsakenLaboratory by Ujimasa Hojo
BTNForsakenMageTower by Ujimasa Hojo
BTNRogue by ~Nightmare
BTNForsakenSlaughterhouse by Ujimasa Hojo
BTNForsakenTower by Ujimasa Hojo
BTNForsakenWorker by Ujimasa Hojo
BTNHolderOfENtropy by -Grendel
BTNLieutenant by 67chrome
BTNLifeEssenceDAB by Marcos DAB
BTNManaLoss2 by D.ee
BTNMasterSpark by Mainy, War_Golum
BTNMight by Coinblin
BTNMountaineer by Norinrad
BTNNoxiousFumes by Lelling
BTNPCosmicBolt by Svenski
BTNPaleValkyr by Sin'dorei300
BTNPlatedGauntlet2 by NFWar
BTNPoison by 8512590215848
BTNPoisonNails by Hemske
BTNSpell_Holy_PrayerOfHealing by Blizzard Entertainment
BTNReanimate66 by Marcos DAB
BTNRetournedCaptain by NFWar
BTNRoyalCaptain by HappyTauren
BTNRunestoneBattlestaff by Blood Raven
BTNScarletCrusader by 67chrome
BTNSkyfireGunship by Eagle XI
BTNSpell_Holy_FlashHeal by Blizzard Entertainment
BTNSpell_Holy_LesserHeal by Blizzard Entertainment
BTNSpell_Shadow_RitualOfSacrifice by Blizzard Entertainment
BTNSteelBoots by NFWar
BTNTaurenV2 by Juice_F
BTNTitanHelmet by Hellx-Magnus
BTNUnguentv2 by 4eNNightmare
Claw Icons by CRAZYRUSSIAN
Warlock Upgrade Icons by Mr.Goblin
Weaver Icons by 8512590215848
Wildhammer Building Icons by bakr
Undead Staffs by Ceterai
Den Defence - Assassin's Creed Revelations - Lorne Balffe
Main Theme - Fable - Danny Elfman
Winter Contingency - Halo Reach - Marty O'Donnell
I'm So Sorry - Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - John Williams
Warfronts Arathi Alliance Music - WoW: Battle for Azeroth - Glenn Stafford, Jason Hayes and Leo Kaliski
A very very special thanks to Frank for the amount of work he's done fixing and editing models for me!
A very very special thanks to Pyrogasm for helping me fix a couple of the boss fight spells!
A very very special thanks to Bogdan who down versioned this campaign to 1.31 when I saved it in the Reforged editor allowing me to edit it and test it again!
A very very special thanks to Kasrkin for his very in-depth and detailed bug reporting which has vastly improved the quality of this campaign!

Contents

Lordaeron's Destiny (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A well polished post-Classic campaign especially for WoW fans to enjoy but not necessarily. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules M A P - D E S C...
Level 26
@Footman16 @HuanJuan
Video upload tomorrow. Also not sure if map is meant to be visible like this.

Edit: Nevermind, video uploaded fast. But OBS screwed up the resolution this time.

I'll see about recording another better one when I can.
iseedeadpeople is not welcomed in any type of gameplay video on my side. Yes, it's not mean to be.

iseedeadpeople is not welcomed in any type of gameplay video on my side. Yes, it's not mean to be.
The visibility is a mistake on my part should be black mask instead in the trigger, was getting rid of random fog of ear patches caused by initially spawned units :) not his fault.

Level 27
It depends on how or when to use it imo. For me, I usually used it after the main quest is basically over (for example, with a useless enemy building like Tomb of Relics or Graveyard still remaining) to scout out the remaining creep camps and full clear them for fun and bragging rights. It doesn't feel right to have someone other than you and your allies still alive at the end.

Last edited:

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
One thing I just realized after recording new footage, the ult hotkey for Lordaeron's best king since the second war 'D' does not actually work.
And you can't skip the outro
Istan still sells some of his items
Could it be possible the dancing happens because of Istan's summon ult?

One thing I just realized after recording new footage, the ult hotkey for Lordaeron's best king since the second war 'D' does not actually work.
And you can't skip the outro
Istan still sells some of his items
Could it be possible the dancing happens because of Istan's summon ult?
Me and Kasrkin everytime I see him find more bugs

Hotkey has been fixed,
No idea how to stop Istan selling items considering I made his whole inventory undroppable which worked for the others.
Removed some of the abilities from Istan and Thassarian in the outro to see if that fixes it.
Made the final outro skippable.

Also fixed another couple of bugs and made the AIs in the final mission train a bunch of Valkyr, Gargoyles, abos and archers as defenders.

I love a challenge!

And here is the previous version before update NO AIRSHIPS, NO FUCKED RESOLUTION, SOUND IS GOOD and dead horde. For Sir Lothar.
Recent update has nerfed Blessed Sceptre so it actually increases health regeneration rather than granting health regen based on max health.
Nerfed Pyraelus intelligence (ironic I know)
Nerfed Gunships and their Launch Fighters ability.
Replaced Workshop with Church in final mission.
Also changed up some item drops across various maps.
Also made it so Candor in the final mission is in the f1 position and Pyraelus is f2.

After the previous nerfs to Candor's Horse Stomp and Pyraelus Spellbound hopefully there'll be an element of difficulty to the campaign that was missing :)

Last edited:
You got rid of my mortars? :peasant-i-object:
You can just... build a workshop at the start :p but yes I think part of the issue is the player is able to get to Gunships too quickly before the attack waves have a chance to drain on the players resources in order to naturally drive the player towards the intended gameplay path :) which is you're meant to juggle and try and slow down the two Forsaken pushes whilst you simultaneously try to push through the centre.

Kasrkin

Level 26
You can just... build a workshop at the start :p but yes I think part of the issue is the player is able to get to Gunships too quickly before the attack waves have a chance to drain on the players resources in order to naturally drive the player towards the intended gameplay path :) which is you're meant to juggle and try and slow down the two Forsaken pushes whilst you simultaneously try to push through the centre.
Oh that's what you meant, I thought you were taking the workshop out of the final mission's tech tree... well actually there's an idea. Paladins, rifles, dragonhawks, sorcs hmm yes that might work.

I'm destroying those bases again by the way when I have time.

Oh that's what you meant, I thought you were taking the workshop out of the final mission's tech tree... well actually there's an idea. Paladins, rifles, dragonhawks, sorcs hmm yes that might work.

I'm destroying those bases again by the way when I have time.
Good luck with the most recent nerfs and boost to their defenders :)

Kasrkin

Level 26
Sceptre has been nerfed anyway :p
Yarrr

One last actual question or my first actual question really, what's the next campaign supposed to be about? A continuation of this plotline in cata times or is it going to be something else?

Yarrr

One last actual question or my first actual question really, what's the next campaign supposed to be about? A continuation of this plotline in cata times or is it going to be something else?
Haha the truth is I have no idea where to take Candor's plot from here so will probably just leave it on this cliff hanger, the next campaign will be set during the Third War and will show the Undead Scourge being stopped at Thoradin's Wall and the collapse of Stromgarde :) I do indeed to make campaigns to cover as much of the Alliance as possible with some common ideas layered throughout them, so characters and even units will cross over etc.

Kasrkin

Level 26
Haha the truth is I have no idea where to take Candor's plot from here so will probably just leave it on this cliff hanger, the next campaign will be set during the Third War and will show the Undead Scourge being stopped at Thoradin's Wall and the collapse of Stromgarde :)
Ah yes the retcon of Stromgarde falling suddenly for wow and an internment camp somehow being in the kingdom that left the alliance but that is also a gripe with wow itself with everything north of the thandol span being so fucking condensed even for wow, and the eventual dated reference of Galen being a game of thrones reference killing his dad. Herghhhh, right, you'll likely make it something fun.

Ah yes the retcon of Stromgarde falling suddenly for wow and an internment camp somehow being in the kingdom that left the alliance but that is also a gripe with wow itself with everything north of the thandol span being so fucking condensed even for wow, and the eventual dated reference of Galen being a game of thrones reference killing his dad. Herghhhh, right, you'll likely make it something fun.
Yeah so this campaign will explain its fall, will also probably retcon Galen's character and will show Thoras death and hopefully just flesh out a bit and allow people to experience something that's never been shown before :) all characters will be familiar from WoW including some that have practically nothing but their name known.

Kasrkin

Level 26
Yeah so this campaign will explain its fall, will also probably retcon Galen's character and will show Thoras death and hopefully just flesh out a bit and allow people to experience something that's never been shown before :) all characters will be familiar from WoW including some that have practically nothing but their name known.
It's just a shame the rest of third war is relegated to a random book from vanilla wow, also the fact that the arathi highlands was one of those zones that was never finished. Not even bringing up cata into that but blizz definitely should've put more thought into that whole firing half the wow design team when the game launched so stuff never really got finished. But that's just my old gripes with the whole game being so much wasted potential.

Now I'm thinking about how the scourge didn't invade gilneas again even though they have stuff like doom barges and various flyers.

Level 6
Hello, Footman16.
I have just created an account because I finished playing the campaign and want to express my excitement.
I have played Lordaeron's Legacy back in the middle of 2017, and have been eagerly waiting for the follow up story of rightful King Candor.
As an Alliance hardcore fan, I am very happy with your campaign's story direction about Alliance's activities in Northern Lordaeron.
I really enjoy kicking forsaken and horde's ass throughout the campaign. And the final chapter Battle for Andorhal feels very epic and intense with Candor, Istan, Thassarian withstanding the entire might of the Horde.
That said, i feel kind of lukewarm about the finale.
I remember doing the andorhal questline as alliance in cata and felt disappointed when we were forced to lose the forsaken who were using literal cheatcodes 'val'kyrie'
I must admit i felt a bit depressed after overcoming such epic, intense fight only leading to same outcome as Cata's questline
That said i noticed both final chapter of Legacy and Destiny shared a custom music which completely fit the atmosphere. I would like to request that custom music for the chapter if you don't mind.
Anyway, cheer to you and will be patiently waiting for the next campaign in your Tales of Alliance!

Hello, Footman16.
I have just created an account because I finished playing the campaign and want to express my excitement.
I have played Lordaeron's Legacy back in the middle of 2017, and have been eagerly waiting for the follow up story of rightful King Candor.
As an Alliance hardcore fan, I am very happy with your campaign's story direction about Alliance's activities in Northern Lordaeron.
I really enjoy kicking forsaken and horde's ass throughout the campaign. And the final chapter Battle for Andorhal feels very epic and intense with Candor, Istan, Thassarian withstanding the entire might of the Horde.
That said, i feel kind of lukewarm about the finale.
I remember doing the andorhal questline as alliance in cata and felt disappointed when we were forced to lose the forsaken who were using literal cheatcodes 'val'kyrie'
I must admit i felt a bit depressed after overcoming such epic, intense fight only leading to same outcome as Cata's questline
That said i noticed both final chapter of Legacy and Destiny shared a custom music which completely fit the atmosphere. I would like to request that custom music for the chapter if you don't mind.
Anyway, cheer to you and will be patiently waiting for the next campaign in your Tales of Alliance!
I really appreciate your kind words and the reason I make campaigns is so people can play and enjoy them so I'm glad you've enjoyed it so much :)

Yeah I did make the decision to try and integrate the campaigns into WoWs story as much as possible so that people can play the campaigns and pretend that they're actually canon alongside the broader Warcraft story (however I will retcon things that are stupid, there's going to be no light Forsaken, or Light Dreadlords etc in any campaign I make!)

I was tempted to use a different piece of music for the final chapter but then realised thematically it would make more sense to re-use that same piece as a kind of motif; as George Lucas says "It's like poetry, it rhymes". The piece is:
which is by the amazing composer Lorne Balffe, I love his stuff, his use of string and brass is simply phenomenal and his Black Widow score was also incredible.

The next campaign I'm debating the title right now its called "The Defence of Stromgarde" but I'm also tempted to go with "The Fall of Stromgarde" as it will cover the events of the Third War and show the Scourge getting stopped at Thoradin's Wall.

Level 4
Although the set difficulty can be frustrating for a player like me, the capacity to maintain the vibe of vanilla campaigns in an engrossing and innovative story, filled with engaging gameplay and the accompaniment of a good soundtrack is indeed rewarding.

I would love if the difficulty can be reduced. :grin:

Level 3
Yeah so this campaign will explain its fall, will also probably retcon Galen's character
Personally, I liked the twist of Galen being power-hungry enough to betray and assassinate Thoras. The problem with Stromgarde is everything else after that.

So to go a bit back, Thoras halts the assault of Burning Legion and Scourge at Thoradin's Wall. We infer this conflict to be the reason why the Thoradins Wall was in ruins and had a massive hole running through it post-Third War. As the Wall was intact and fine during the Eascape from Durnehold quest (Thrall's adventures during the whole Lord of the Clans period) in the Caverns of Time dungeon. Thus the only opportunity for the Wall to get destroyed was when the Third War was going on.

Thoras gets murdered by Galen somewhere around this point, and he takes over. Now, this is where things get hairy. Galen then somehow manages to lose the literal capital due to a combined invasion of Alteraci Syndicate, Witherbark Amani Trolls, and Boulderfist Ogres.

Alright. Even if we assume a surprise invasion by some bandits, trolls, and ogres was enough to take the capital by surprise, where was the rest of the Kingdom? Why didn't they counterattack to retake it? It's as if the entire population of Stromgarde in canon just poofed out of existence.

I don't understand why in WoW, the lands of Stromgarde are so utterly barren of the populace and why it is in such a ruined state to begin with. There are no cities, no towns, no people. Nothing. You've just got a handful of survivors at Refugee Pointe which is just a glorified camp, it's not even a town, and the only way they can fight back is with Stormwind's help.

Even with Dalaran, which literally had Archimonde personally obliterate it. The bulk of the population survived, most of the leadership was untouched, and Dalaran was able to bounce back pretty quickly. They just needed time to physically rebuild the city.

Meanwhile, Stromgarde, which is a much bigger Kingdom than Dalaran and not devastated by the Scourge and the Burning Legion, is in a much, much worse state. It's almost as if they somehow suffered the worst genocide of all, utterly surpassing even Stromwind's destruction in WC1. the Arathi Highlands, the once heartland of human civilization, now famous for its completely empty plains.

Dalaran needing time to rebuild, that's fine. Gilneas taking one look across that wall of theirs, seeing the state of Lordaeron, and deciding they want nothing to do with it? I can buy that. It's a shortsighted and overall dumb decision, but it's also a believable one. Kul Tiras just disappearing and doing absolutely nothing for years until BFA is considerably less believable, but Stromgarde? That's just completely indefensible.

The way Blizzard handled a major kingdom like Stromgarde in WoW is one of the most inconsistent, underdeveloped, and mishandled things I've ever seen.

The best explanation I heard is that if Stromgarde didn't get completely deleted, they'd have been a direct challenge to the Forsaken and would make the Alliance a bit way too big, which Blizzard didn't want. So they clumsily got rid of them. It wouldn't be the first or the last time when the lore suffered for gameplay reasons.

Like looking back, even with how nerfed the Alliance was at the start of vanilla, they still have more territories than the Horde. It's also why when Cata rolls in, and they had the chance to revamp the zones via Deathwing to balance things out, it was at the expense of the Alliance.

Logically the Horde SHOULD be a bunch of scattered underdogs fighting hard to keep their chin up. The modern Horde was built by:

1) A few thousand Orcs from internment camps.
2) One exiled Jungle Troll tribe.
3) A smattering of Tauren tribes who were gradually being culled off by hostile centaurs before the Horde got involved.
4) Traumatized undead who at the time, have zero necromantic ability to raise more Forsaken and can only (unreliably) try to break more undead free from the LK.
5)Some Goblin support. And maybe an Ogre tribe or two.

Meanwhile, the Alliance has:

1) Stormwind, formerly the undisputed strongest, most self-sufficient human kingdom already on the mend. They definitely got tons of refugees from northern kingdoms due to the Third War, which would've bolstered any population shortages.
2) Bronzebeard Dwarves (the Wildhammers left the alliance by Vanilla WoW), Probably are recovering from 2nd and 3rd wars but are secure in their mountain homes. Without a doubt, the strongest sub-faction of vanilla wow Alliance.
3) Gnomes, admittedly fucked up, but we didn't even know they were in trouble before WoW. They're not even really involved in Warcraft 3.
4) Night elves who are supposed to be a super-power on Kalimdore with their own huge empire consisting of Giants, Dryad, Furbolgs, and other assorted nature allies and even Dark Trolls. They have just lost their immortality, World Tree, and no small amount of Sentinels but now also have a new ginormous treehouse capital on a well-defended island with the Horde navy being weaker than the Alliance during this period, their Druids mostly awakened full time and have cooperation with Theramore.
5)Stromgarde, Silver Covenant, and all the Silverhand successor groups in the Lordaeron sub-continent.

It's pretty obvious which factions got hit with the literal mega-nuke of all nerfs to balance everything out. It must be one of the biggest faction-wide nerfs in video gaming history.

Even the Dragons are useless. The special friendship Nelves had with the dragons, especially the Green Dragonflight? Oops they're now all too busy dying/getting corrupted and can't help them out. Alexstraza totes forgives the Horde for violating her and enslaving her flight, and so the other flights do too. Heck, the bronze flight love the Horde so much they'll keep sending adventurers out on missions that ensure the Horde survive and the Alliance retains their losses.

At any rate, I wonder what maps you'll be using for the entire Hillsbrad/Alterac/Arathi Highlands region. WoW maps compressed that whole region ultra-hard. Stromgarde and Alterac don't even share any significant borders in the new maps in which they could clash over if we go by WC2-era geopolitics and lore.

In the official Tides of Darkness novel, Alterac even had a coastal area in the south. It was a pretty important plot point in the book too. But the new maps make it fully landbound. Blizzard really should've tried to be a little more careful while redesigning that place. There's this map by kuusinen, which manages to combine the aspects of the old maps with the new ones to have it make more sense.

Anyways good luck with the project. It's probably the campaign I'm most interested in. Stromgarde was always my favorite kingdom.

Last edited:
Level 34
Personally, I liked the twist of Galen being power-hungry enough to betray and assassinate Thoras. The problem with Stromgarde is everything else after that.

So to go a bit back, Thoras halts the assault of Burning Legion and Scourge at Thoradin's Wall. We infer this conflict to be the reason why the Thoradins Wall was in ruins and had a massive hole running through it post-Third War. As the Wall was intact and fine during the Eascape from Durnehold quest (Thrall's adventures during the whole Lord of the Clans period) in the Caverns of Time dungeon. Thus the only opportunity for the Wall to get destroyed was when the Third War was going on.

Thoras gets murdered by Gelen somewhere around this point, and he takes over. Now, this is where things get hairy. Galen then somehow manages to lose the literal capital due to a combined invasion of Alteraci Syndicate, Witherbark Amani Trolls, and Boulderfist Ogres.

Alright. Even if we assume a surprise invasion by some bandits, trolls, and ogres was enough to take the capital by surprise, where was the rest of the Kingdom? Why didn't they counterattack to retake it? It's as if the entire population of Stromgarde in canon just poofed out of existence.

I don't understand why in WoW, the lands of Stromgarde are so utterly barren of the populace and why it is in such a ruined state to begin with. There are no cities, no towns. Nothing. You've just got a handful of survivors at Refugee Pointe which is just a glorified camp, it's not even a town, and the only way they can fight back is with Stormwind's help.

Even with Dalaran, which literally had Archimonde personally obliterate it. The bulk of the population survived, most of the leadership was untouched, and Dalaran was able to bounce back pretty quickly. They just needed time to physically rebuild the city.

Meanwhile, Stromgarde, which is a much bigger Kingdom than Dalaran and not devastated by the Scourge and the Burning Legion, is in a much, much worse state. It's almost as if they somehow suffered the worst genocide of all, utterly surpassing even Stromwind's destruction in WC1.

Dalaran needing time to rebuild, that's fine. Gilneas taking one look across that wall of theirs, seeing the state of Lordaeron, and deciding they want nothing to do with it? I can buy that. It's a shortsighted and overall dumb decision, but it's also a believable one. Kul Tiras just disappearing and doing absolutely nothing for years until BFA is considerably less believable, but Stromgarde? That's just completely indefensible.

The way Blizzard handled a major kingdom like Stromgarde in WoW is one of the most inconsistent, underdeveloped, and mishandled things I've ever seen.

The best explanation I heard is that if Stromgarde didn't get completely deleted, they'd have been a direct challenge to the Forsaken and would make the Alliance a bit way too big, which Blizzard didn't want. So they clumsily got rid of them. It wouldn't be the first or the last time when the lore suffered for gameplay reasons.

Like looking back, even with how nerfed the Alliance was at the start of vanilla, they still have more territories than the Horde. It's also why when Cata rolls in, and they had the chance to revamp the zones via Deathwing to balance things out, it was at the expense of the Alliance.

Logically the Horde SHOULD be a bunch of scattered underdogs fighting hard to keep their chin up. The modern Horde was built by:

1) A few thousand Orcs from internment camps.
2) One exiled Jungle Troll tribe.
3) A smattering of Tauren tribes who were gradually being culled off by hostile centaurs before the Horde got involved.
4) Traumatized undead who at the time, have zero necromantic ability to raise more Forsaken and can only (unreliably) try to break more undead free from the LK.
5)Some Goblin support. And maybe an Ogre tribe or two.

Meanwhile, the Alliance has:

1) Stormwind, formerly the undisputed strongest, most self-sufficient human kingdom already on the mend. They definitely got tons of refugees from northern kingdoms due to the Third War, which would've bolstered any population shortages.
2) Bronzebeard Dwarves (the Wildhammers left the alliance by Vanilla WoW), Probably are recovering from 2nd and 3rd wars but are secure in their mountain homes. Without a doubt, the strongest sub-faction of vanilla wow Alliance.
3) Gnomes, admittedly fucked up, but we didn't even know they were in trouble before WoW. They're not even really involved in Warcraft 3.
4) Night elves who are supposed to be a super-power on Kalimdore with their own huge empire consisting of Giants, Dryad, Furbolgs, and other assorted nature allies and even Dark Trolls. They have just lost their immortality, World Tree, and no small amount of Sentinels but now also have a new ginormous treehouse capital on a well-defended island with the Horde navy being weaker than the Alliance during this period, their Druids mostly awakened full time and have cooperation with Theramore.
5)Stromgarde, Silver Covenant, and all the Silverhand successor groups in the Lordaeron sub-continent.

It's pretty obvious which factions got hit with the literal mega-nuke of all nerfs to balance everything out. It must be one of the biggest faction-wide nerfs in the video gaming industry.

Even the Dragons are useless. The special friendship Nelves had with the dragons, especially the Green Dragonflight? Oops they're now all too busy dying/getting corrupted and can't help them out. Alexstraza totes forgives the Horde for violating her and enslaving her flight, and so the other flights do too. Heck, the bronze flight love the Horde so much they'll keep sending adventurers out on missions that ensure the Horde survive and the Alliance retains their losses.

At any rate, I wonder what maps you'll be using for the entire Hillsbrad/Alterac/Arathi Highlands region. WoW maps compressed that whole region ultra-hard. Stromgarde and Alterac don't even share any significant borders in the new maps in which they could clash over if we go by WC2-era geopolitics and lore.

In the official Tides of Darkness novel, Alterac even had a coastal area in the south. It was a pretty important plot point in the book too. But the new maps make it fully landbound. Blizzard really should've tried to be a little more careful while redesigning that place. There's this map by kuusinen, which manages to combine the aspects of the old maps with the new ones to have it make more sense.

Anyways good luck with the project. It's probably the campaign I'm most interested in. Stromgarde was always my favorite kingdom.
Dude, this is warcraft, not warhammer X'D, all bad things are forgotten with the power of love :')

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. The Medallion should say what it gives. Even if it's obvious in the beginning, you might not remember it later when items add up. Another issue with this item is that it's not upgradeable which means a lost being occupied by a weak item in middle to late game.
  2. Quite unsatisfied with the abilities from the very start. They're regular ones.
  3. Falstad has no glow even though a hero. Could easily add one: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  4. And, sadly, with Candor, the techtree is the same, at least at the start.
  5. Maul of Strength and Skull Shield give the same thing but the latter can be solved for 4x times than the first. Ring of Protection +2 sold for 62 gold pieces exactly as the one +3. I guess, that's Warcraft III.
  6. No idea why random rescuable human troops are around the map(s), from a non-gameplay perspective, I mean.
  7. Can't trigger the mark return with a Footman's backpack. Also, if you take the item in Candor's inventory near the priest, you'd still have to get away and turn back to trigger the finishing of the quest.
  8. Candor the atheist Anyways, I think it's too much to name him King Candor the King of Lordaeron, maybe, without the first King word?
  9. Did they build the leg plates right there on the spot in Scholomance during the mission?
  10. Would be nice to enable Backpack during non-melee missions to not waste time leaving and taking items back for quest items.
  11. Instructor Malicia looks like a usual Sorceress; Polkelt as an Acolyte.
  12. A tower was attacking the mage hero after the cinematic of destroying the Scarlet outpost ended. It quickly changed owner to blue.
  13. When the requirement Rescue the Fourth Boat remained, the No Boat Can Be Destroyed! was grayed for the optional quest.
  14. OK for a Scarlet looking "knight" to be named Knight of the Silver Hand? - Bulwark chapter, past the bandits to the southwest (also one in the northeast camp). Similarly a Field Marshal instead of Field Lieutenant was under the Crusade to the northwest. Actually never mind, Candor also has Lieutenants so I guess there are some shared units or something among the factions.
  15. Have the destructible HP been raised on chapter 7? Many of them fall after many hits rather than one or two.
  16. Some enemy tents are considered hostile, others neutral.
  17. Experience is not gained from neutral hostile units. I think it should.
  18. Kind of weird for a summoned unit to use hero models with glow (Divine Aid).
  19. Looks ugly to use boundary tile especially on places where you can reach (chapter 9), northeast.
  20. A tad gripe I have is that some transmissions stay on too brief. Not everyone's a fast reader.
  21. Thassarian's items I've put on him the chapter before didn't move to 10.
  22. Istan lost one of his items. Slot 4, I think, middle left.
  23. Odd that the Val'kyr reanimate and not revive their dead.
  24. The flying Val'kyr don't count as Val'kyr, I guess.
  25. You can see the Alliance troops suddenly appearing to fight the undead to the southwest of Aradne.
  26. Perhaps because the AI is still functional during the end cinematic, Istan and Thassarian run like crazy amidst the enemy troops rather than attacking them.
DoLBlocked01.png

A well polished post-Classic campaign especially for WoW fans to enjoy but not necessarily.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

1. The Medallion should say what it gives. Even if it's obvious in the beginning, you might not remember it later when items add up. Another issue with this item is that it's not upgradeable which means a lost being occupied by a weak item in middle to late game. Changed Description
  2. Quite unsatisfied with the abilities from the very start. They're regular ones. I don't see this as an issue tbh not to mention a lot of them feel unique like Pyraelus' abilities, non of them are completely vanilla and all have been edited, even a lot of enemy heroes have edited/new abilities.
  3. Falstad has no glow even though a hero. Could easily add one: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling Small issue, but fixed :)
  4. And, sadly, with Candor, the techtree is the same, at least at the start. Completely intentional, I wanted a pretty standard Human tech-tree to ease people in before the mid and late game techtree appears which starts to change things up :)
  5. Maul of Strength and Skull Shield give the same thing but the latter can be solved for 4x times than the first. Ring of Protection +2 sold for 62 gold pieces exactly as the one +3. I guess, that's Warcraft III. Vanilla Warcraft 3 issue, but fixed nonetheless.
  6. No idea why random rescuable human troops are around the map(s), from a non-gameplay perspective, I mean. Candor likes to scout ahead, I don't think this needs an explanation.
  7. Can't trigger the mark return with a Footman's backpack. Also, if you take the item in Candor's inventory near the priest, you'd still have to get away and turn back to trigger the finishing of the quest. Intentional, I don't think backpack is intended for units to be able to complete quests.
  8. Candor the atheist Anyways, I think it's too much to name him King Candor the King of Lordaeron, maybe, without the first King word? Candor's class has been changed to his Lordaeron's Legacy class of "Lordaeron Noble" since he has King in his name.
  9. Did they build the leg plates right there on the spot in Scholomance during the mission? Gameplay and Story segregation :p
  10. Would be nice to enable Backpack during non-melee missions to not waste time leaving and taking items back for quest items. Backpack enabled for the Scholomance mission :)
  11. Instructor Malicia looks like a usual Sorceress; Polkelt as an Acolyte. Indeed they do, I see no need to change them.
  12. A tower was attacking the mage hero after the cinematic of destroying the Scarlet outpost ended. It quickly changed owner to blue. Fixed.
  13. When the requirement Rescue the Fourth Boat remained, the No Boat Can Be Destroyed! was grayed for the optional quest. Not sure about this one, since it should just behave how defeat conditions are meant to behave.
  14. OK for a Scarlet looking "knight" to be named Knight of the Silver Hand? - Bulwark chapter, past the bandits to the southwest (also one in the northeast camp). Similarly a Field Marshal instead of Field Lieutenant was under the Crusade to the northwest. Actually never mind, Candor also has Lieutenants so I guess there are some shared units or something among the factions. Yep, certain units are shared across the tech-trees such as the Knights of the Silver Hand. The Scarlet Crusade believe themselves to be the true successors to the Silver Hand. Think of the Lieutenant Commanders and Field Marshall's as being like the Captain Unit from the original campaigns: just a unique unit representing officers that appear in multiple missions and factions.
  1. Have the destructible HP been raised on chapter 7? Many of them fall after many hits rather than one or two. Yep, the trees hit points has been increased.
  2. Some enemy tents are considered hostile, others neutral. Changed this across missions to be a bit more consistent.
  3. Experience is not gained from neutral hostile units. I think it should. Neutral Hostile units now give 10% exp to above level 5 Heroes
  4. Kind of weird for a summoned unit to use hero models with glow (Divine Aid). It is an ultimate :p
  5. Looks ugly to use boundary tile especially on places where you can reach (chapter 9), northeast. Added a blockade to the ramp to the boundary area and some doodads hidden in the shadows.
  6. A tad gripe I have is that some transmissions stay on too brief. Not everyone's a fast reader. This will be fixed more broadly once the Voice acting is implemented :)
  7. Thassarian's items I've put on him the chapter before didn't move to 10. Realised I forgot to save him in the game cache if you skip the end cinematic but he would be saved if you watched it all the way through.
  8. Istan lost one of his items. Slot 4, I think, middle left. No idea what's causing this at this point, I did have an update which locked their inventories and seemed to fix it for me at least, but if not I'm not sure what to do at this point to stop it.
  9. Odd that the Val'kyr reanimate and not revive their dead. Would make them a bit overpowered since multiple Valkyr would just constantly resurrect fallen enemies
  10. The flying Val'kyr don't count as Val'kyr, I guess. Not for the Side Quest no.
  11. You can see the Alliance troops suddenly appearing to fight the undead to the southwest of Aradne. I've moved the regions and added a couple more so they appear before your units will reach that area.
  12. Perhaps because the AI is still functional during the end cinematic, Istan and Thassarian run like crazy amidst the enemy troops rather than attacking them. I know I've tried to fix this multiple times and its a bit better but still might be a bit inconsistent.

A well polished post-Classic campaign especially for WoW fans to enjoy but not necessarily. What does "but not necessarily mean" lol? :p
I'll see about fixing/responding to some of these points, thanks for taking the time to play it all and for the approval!

EDIT: went through all your points and either fixed or answered them. This update will also include the voice acting for all other characters except Candor, Istan and Pyraelus who I am still working on getting them fully voiced.

Last edited:
Level 26
I'll see about fixing/responding to some of these points, thanks for taking the time to play it all and for the approval!

EDIT: went through all your points and either fixed or answered them. This update will also include the voice acting for all other characters except Candor, Istan and Pyraelus who I am still working on getting them fully voiced.
Sir, what's the update if may I ask? There is no changelogs. Please, can you share us what's the news from the campaign?
Thank you very much.

Sir, what's the update if may I ask? There is no changelogs. Please, can you share us what's the news from the campaign?
Thank you very much.
Sure, tomorrow I'll update everything that was changed and edit this post to include it :)

EDIT: UPDATE 22/04/2023
  • Description of Istan's Medallion changed to reflect the bonuses it gives and it's unique nature.
  • Hero Glow added to Falstad
  • Gold Cost of some items fixed from their vanilla items to reflect item quality
  • Candor's Hero Title changed from "King of Lordaeron" to "Lordaeron Noble"
  • Backpack upgrade enabled for the mission "Scholomance"
  • Tower ownership changed to Neutral Passive for first interlude in mission 6 to avoid attacking units during cutscene
  • Neutral buildings like tents etc will all be owned by Neutral Passive across missions for consistency
  • Heroes will still gain 10% experience from creeps past level 5
  • Changed Terrain in the mission "Ruins of Andorhal"
  • Added teleport effect to Jaina in the intro cutscene
  • Thassarian's state in the previous chapter is now properly saved if you skip the end cinematic
  • Moved the trigger for one of the group fights in the last chapter so it should trigger before you can see the location
- Voice acting has now been added for all characters except Istan, Candor, Pyraelus and Morson

Last edited:
Why is everyone excluding my name in the credits list and I can clearly see my models used in the campaign/map? Is there a reason for it? Maybe my name sounds strange?
I was originally using Paladinjst's Varian model til you released yours which I preferred the look of but forgot to update in the credits list; it has now been rectified. Your name sounds no stranger than anyone else's as far as I can tell.

Level 23
Nice. I played it before the voice acting update :(

Some notes I wrote down

Ch1
I like the plot of sending Istan to Kalimdor to purposely trick the Horde. It feels like a legitimate that strategy leaders would use in war if they feel there are spies everywhere.

Ch2
Side quest doesnt mention the 40 horde units need to be killed on the left side of map, quest autofails when moving to mage part of map.
That same side quest suddenly goes to completed after killing the remaining 40 on mage side even though it was previously failed, but sobi mask goes to the human hero, you can see it on ground in end cinematic if his is full inventory.

Ch3
In south of the map, when rescuing a camp, there is 1 dwarf unit among them who doesnt join you.

Ch4
Probably should be a warning that starting the sidequest basically forces you to spend significant resources defending the priest, even while the Scourge attacks from the right. Doesn't help that a group of scarlet suddenly appear in between your base and the blue base, meaning you need to kill it for reinforcements to trick in without dying. Also the main priest itself can get lured by the attacks into the fight, and range units from Scarlet will auto target him because of his armour type (their range piercing attack units), and then it is very difficult to keep him alive cause you need to fight far north of the blue units to keep him away from the fight.

Ch5
Aboms falling into the holes and crypt lids coming off for zombies to come out was awesome animation, really gave a great vibe for Scholomace.
I enjoy how we actually moving down terrain-wise to descend to the lower levels, and the model for the downward stairs to lower levels is awesome.

I feel the final fight is really hard, especially having to dodge the carrion swarm waves with an army. It would be fine if Candor himself could solo Gandling at the end, but he cant without serious backup, and it is really hard to keep so many units alive in those AoE attacks.

Ch6
Start shows entire map then hides it again.

Ch7
Not sure what the benefit of helping the Cenarion Circle here gives us, i didn't see any reward besides some consumable items dropping from the 3 buildings we killed.

Flesh golem attacks deer for necro to raise body? Awesome.

Ch9
There was an issue with the Urn of the lich not dropping from the scarlet hero when i first played. I am not sure if it was destroyed by the AoE attacks from the airship killing units nearby after he died (i was not watching), but I couldn't find it. When I reloaded an earlier save, it did drop.

General Points
I enjoyed this campaign alot. I'm glad Istan decided to side with Candor, since Calia had done nothing up till that point to reclaim Lordaeron. Any campaign that takes place in Post-scourge lordaeron are pretty fun to play, since the struggles between forsaken/scourge/scarlet/other humans always makes the plot have great potential.

Also worth noting this is the first campaign I've played on 1.35+, and I had no issues whatsoever besides graphics changing automatically to Reforged if we go to play customs online after playing a campaign. Thank you Blizzard for giving us a way to play old campaigns without needing to juggle between 5-6 different versions of Wc3.

Nice. I played it before the voice acting update :(

Some notes I wrote down

Ch1
I like the plot of sending Istan to Kalimdor to purposely trick the Horde. It feels like a legitimate that strategy leaders would use in war if they feel there are spies everywhere.

Ch2
Side quest doesnt mention the 40 horde units need to be killed on the left side of map, quest autofails when moving to mage part of map.
That same side quest suddenly goes to completed after killing the remaining 40 on mage side even though it was previously failed, but sobi mask goes to the human hero, you can see it on ground in end cinematic if his is full inventory.

Ch3
In south of the map, when rescuing a camp, there is 1 dwarf unit among them who doesnt join you.

Ch4
Probably should be a warning that starting the sidequest basically forces you to spend significant resources defending the priest, even while the Scourge attacks from the right. Doesn't help that a group of scarlet suddenly appear in between your base and the blue base, meaning you need to kill it for reinforcements to trick in without dying. Also the main priest itself can get lured by the attacks into the fight, and range units from Scarlet will auto target him because of his armour type (their range piercing attack units), and then it is very difficult to keep him alive cause you need to fight far north of the blue units to keep him away from the fight.

Ch5
Aboms falling into the holes and crypt lids coming off for zombies to come out was awesome animation, really gave a great vibe for Scholomace.
I enjoy how we actually moving down terrain-wise to descend to the lower levels, and the model for the downward stairs to lower levels is awesome.

I feel the final fight is really hard, especially having to dodge the carrion swarm waves with an army. It would be fine if Candor himself could solo Gandling at the end, but he cant without serious backup, and it is really hard to keep so many units alive in those AoE attacks.

Ch6
Start shows entire map then hides it again.

Ch7
Not sure what the benefit of helping the Cenarion Circle here gives us, i didn't see any reward besides some consumable items dropping from the 3 buildings we killed.

Flesh golem attacks deer for necro to raise body? Awesome.

Ch9
There was an issue with the Urn of the lich not dropping from the scarlet hero when i first played. I am not sure if it was destroyed by the AoE attacks from the airship killing units nearby after he died (i was not watching), but I couldn't find it. When I reloaded an earlier save, it did drop.

General Points
I enjoyed this campaign alot. I'm glad Istan decided to side with Candor, since Calia had done nothing up till that point to reclaim Lordaeron. Any campaign that takes place in Post-scourge lordaeron are pretty fun to play, since the struggles between forsaken/scourge/scarlet/other humans always makes the plot have great potential.

Also worth noting this is the first campaign I've played on 1.35+, and I had no issues whatsoever besides graphics changing automatically to Reforged if we go to play customs online after playing a campaign. Thank you Blizzard for giving us a way to play old campaigns without needing to juggle between 5-6 different versions of Wc3.
Made the Chapter 2 Side Quest more Explicit that they have to be killed on the road to Northwatch.

The Dwarf and Priest aren't mean to join you :) I've added a wee sign post that hopefully makes that area a bit clearer.

Checking out this mission reminded me that I hadn't voiced Weldon Barov either which I'll need to fix :) as for the Side Quest, I'm not really sure of the best way to do it. If it catches players off guard I think I actually like that :p

Balancing that final boss fight was hard but I'm happy with it as it is.

I couldn't seem to replicate the bug with the map :/ but I've switched a couple of the actions around so hopefully that fixes it.

I've added a new unique item which will appear in the chest at their base once you complete the Argent Crusade quest :)

I've increased the health and made the urn invulnerable so hopefully that should stop it from being destroyed.

---------
I'm really glad you enjoyed the campaign so much, hearing you guys play and enjoy the story is really heart-warming and motivates my work. The sequel will probably take another 5 years to finish tho :p

I might hold off on uploading the update with the above fixes til I've sorted the rest of the voice-acting, it also features a couple of other bug fixes :)

Thanks for the great job. In chapter 5, the box of the lamp is closed, which means I cannot see the lamp item for Jandice Barov. Is there any trigger?
When Candor enters the Hall of Illusions he mentions something being off. That's your clue ;)

Level 26
I'm doing my 2nd playthrough. Everything is the same - almost -.
  • lieutenant commander has no description, and has no upgradeable armor & attack (no matter the chapter)
  • Captain Morson when dies on chapter 6, before the sucessful capture of the scarlet crusade base: black portrait
  • The voicelines sounds nice

I'm doing my 2nd playthrough. Everything is the same - almost -.
  • lieutenant commander has no description, and has no upgradeable armor & attack (no matter the chapter)
  • Captain Morson when dies on chapter 6, before the sucessful capture of the scarlet crusade base: black portrait
  • The voicelines sounds nice
Yeah I've not uploaded the update just yet with a lot of the previous fixes/changes since I'm thinking I might save it til I've sorted out the test of the voice acting.

The Lieutenant Commander isnt supposed to get upgrades.
I'll try and sort the Morson bug :)
Thanks, I think some of the voice lines sound better than others but better to have alright voice lines than no voice lines at all.

EDIT: UPDATE 30/04/2023
See post #139 and #142 for bug fixes.

Full voice acting still hasn't been added but a new Unique item "Cloak of Holy Extermination" has been added a quest reward for helping the Argent Crusade.

Last edited:
Level 26
Yeah I've not uploaded the update just yet with a lot of the previous fixes/changes since I'm thinking I might save it til I've sorted out the test of the voice acting.

The Lieutenant Commander isnt supposed to get upgrades.
I'll try and sort the Morson bug :)
Thanks, I think some of the voice lines sound better than others but better to have alright voice lines than no voice lines at all.

EDIT: UPDATE 30/04/2023
See post #139 and #142 for bug fixes.

Full voice acting still hasn't been added but a new Unique item "Cloak of Holy Extermination" has been added a quest reward for helping the Argent Crusade.
... and the previous save files from the previous version of the campaign is: compatible with the update.... Holy Molly, you are a hero with a reason!

Level 26
After playing with the new version, I discovered that you finally integrated your "Apothecary" model into the campaign.

"Cloak of Holy Extermination" has been added a quest reward for helping the Argent Crusade
In chapter 8 that suppose to happen? Because there was no such a thing, I help the camp(Silver lining side quest) and the Warriors in the North: no one given to me any item.

After that, there is a chest in the most northern farm: I cannot open and find a key. If my memory serves me well - there was an item that can be obtained from these two farms, where one-one couldron was placed.

I discovered Rasmoose, but I do not know what to do with him.

WC3ScrnShot_043023_230628_05.png
Dot is missing.
WC3ScrnShot_043023_214136_02.png

Chapter 7(?) The item say's it's usable, but clicking on it does nothing.
WC3ScrnShot_043023_224222_04.png

Chapter 7(?) Robe of the Magi is suppose to be a secret in this map, or just a somewhat well hidden item, that can be obtained?

After playing with the new version, I discovered that you finally integrated your "Apothecary" model into the campaign.

In chapter 8 that suppose to happen? Because there was no such a thing, I help the camp(Silver lining side quest) and the Warriors in the North: no one given to me any item.

After that, there is a chest in the most northern farm: I cannot open and find a key. If my memory serves me well - there was an item that can be obtained from these two farms, where one-one couldron was placed.

I discovered Rasmoose, but I do not know what to do with him.

View attachment 432692Dot is missing.
View attachment 432693
Chapter 7(?) The item say's it's usable, but clicking on it does nothing.
View attachment 432694
Chapter 7(?) Robe of the Magi is suppose to be a secret in this map, or just a somewhat well hidden item, that can be obtained?
I completely forgot to add the action, but the item now spawns at the chest in the Argent Crusade Camp which should now be open after completing the quest.

The key for the outhouse is obtained from the "Wandering Skeleton" after that you kill the unique ghoul, it then drops the key for the chest. It hasn't been changed.

Rasmoose does nothing and is simply an easter egg reference to the owner of the Hive Workshop.

I've looked at that screenshot and don't see where the full stop is missing, the sentences all seem fine to me after re-reading multiple times.

Fixed Archus saying Click to Use :)

Robe of the Magi is just a well hidden item.

Thanks for continuing to play and find these issues :)

Level 26
I completely forgot to add the action, but the item now spawns at the chest in the Argent Crusade Camp which should now be open after completing the quest.

The key for the outhouse is obtained from the "Wandering Skeleton" after that you kill the unique ghoul, it then drops the key for the chest. It hasn't been changed.
Thanks, I find it. The skeleton was hidden, nearby the main road.
Fixed Archus saying Click to Use :)
Still there the "click to use" option, and does nothing.
Thanks for continuing to play and find these issues :)
U welcome, I enjoy ;)