• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Melee Heroes Project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
From now on, I'm starting a one-man project wnich I named "Melee Heroes Project"! (yay)

SO! I'm planning to do models for one melee hero from of the almost all races of Azeroth. One hero per race.
These races will include:
Humans(*), Orcs, High Elves, Blood Elves, Night Elves, Dwarves(*), Gnomes, Jungle Troll(*), Tauren, Ogre, Goblin, Forsaken and Scourage Undead, Nerubian, Naga, Ancient, Dranei, Fel Orc, Demon, Pandaren, Elemental;

Total of 21 heroes,

The purpose of this topic is to help me make those models be best as they could with asking you of advices, for finding ideas (post your if u want) and to give me motivation to do them :wink: .

Finished heroes so far:
TrollFinal.gif
Troll Skullsplinter :arrow: http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Models&ID=2832
Improved and slightly better skin by Juice_F :arrow: http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Skins&ID=4106

DwarfFinal.gif
Dwarven Thane :arrow: http://wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=2892

HumanFinal.gif
Human Holy Crusader :arrow: http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Models&ID=2896

OgreFinal.gif
Ogre Gladiator :arrow: http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Models&ID=2964

First project:

:arrow: Idea is Tauren Runemaster:
TR.gif

Not very much is done. I'm planning him to have shiny runes all over his body, and an alternate form in wnich all runes are shining bright (something like power up).

That would be all by now. Ideas and comments are welcome :)

Level 9
cover troll's body with tatoos (like the demon hunter)

change the tauren's robe OR give it a fur texture, so we will not mistake it with the tauren itself

the angel desperately needs a new skin. and as for the human hero, i dont think the demon hunter is a good base model for this. you see, all its animations just dont fit with the sword he is carrying, the golden ball were probably the dh's blade middle. change his animations (standing and attack, walking is cool) give he new swords, make an golden eyeglow for him and finish his helmet

Level 17
For the skin, i suggest you to make the tatoos team colored, and to try some kind of facial painting. about the model, rework the proportions. Forest troll are usually hunched, tall and slim, and this have still the body of a blademaster. Also, the team colored pants catch a lot the eye and remember a lot the original model, you may want to do something about that.

i was gonna suggest the not-so-Arthas head on the first one till i saw your comment.
i like the orange troll. low-poly units that look decked out are very cool in my opinion.
the angel can't have a new skin. it's part of the other unit's UV map. a very small section, i might add.
the Tauren Runemaster needs a belt. i'd suggest the blademaster beads going around his waist. i think that'd look very nice. i also think he should he should have two horns. that could be achieved with a simple extrude, scale, and a snap double verts.

i think the pants on the angel-unit (not the angel version. the unit that turns into it) should stay blue but have kneepads on it shaded in the same way as the top armor background.

DDNGW

Level 19
The angel unit (alternate) will surely get new skin, probably the "shape" of the skin will be the same, only brighter colours. Also non-alternate unit will receive new helmet and whole head and some skin changes. Will be reshaped to look more like human than elf ( elves are slimmer and more agile than humans, at least in w3) New anims also.

the Tauren Runemaster needs a belt
Roger that!

I've started work on an ogre hero, I'll post some screenshot when beta version will be ready.

Also I'm really pleased how the Skullsplinter turned out. I would like to thank Mecheon for spear weapon idea, Raiju for tatoos idea and to Nasrudin for telling me to reshape it more. Thanks to you guy this model looks really cool^^

Level 19
Update time!
Working on human hero:
[pic removed]

Reshaped a bit non-alternate form to be more bulky, changed weapons to scimitars, added shoulderpad, some small skin changes. Alternate version is now transparent as you can see. The head will be ,of course transparent too.

Things to do:
Finish non-alternate form's helmet, change hands skin to look like gloves, change pants skin a bit, change scimitars to look more sacred-gold-like, change skin of the shields. And of course make alternate's form head transparent.

Level 19
Update!
[pic removed]
Human hero almost finished. Only remaining things to do is to edit particles to fit concept and eventually fix bugs. Maybe some skin changes on face. Alternate form haven't been changed.

New concept, the dwarven Thane:
[pic removed]

Based on Samwise's artwork. As far it's only MK's head merged on a bit reshaped paladin's body. It will have new anims for spells, death and dissipate. Also new skin and some more details.

Tauren Runemaster hero got a necklace and a bit reshaped horns so they look more buffalo. No screenshot couse, bleh, not worth...

Level 3
Hey that Thane is awesome! (though they all are) I have a use for the Thane in Forsaken Destiny with a changed skin once it's available :D Keep up the great work. 8)

Level 25
Moo

Yes. This is very on topic. The Runemaster is a tauren, and tauren go moo

Therefore, I am on topic. But of corse I could abuse my powers and just post off-topic nonsense anyway, but I won't cause I'm... yeah

Nerubian

Level 19
By Nerub! Then I'll make an offtopic:

Nerub.gif

This is just a project so far. I don't know, I think it will resemble a big coackroach. What will be done: Making him less bulky to be more nerubian, shoulder pads will stay, adding more spikes and changing skin. Also changing claws to be less crabby and more mantis like. Changing head to be less like the original nerubian. It will has also some anims from CL, including burrowing and impale jumping.

Tell me what do you think of it couse I just don't know if I should go on with it or try to base it from different model?

Level 25
Hey, if you can get the animations to work then go right ahead

I once tried to get a Makura-based Nerubian creature. With what you have so far, wouldn't be too hard to make a Nerubian Earthborer or something like that, like the burrowing cockroaches or crickets that exist

Level 19
Interesting :) must look for some of these bugz^^

But back to the topic! (moo!)

Rune.gif

Update of Runemaster hero. It looks better by now but lots of work still neds to be done. The horns has been reworked, there are now braclets on his hands and that weapon wnich I don't know haw are called in english :p Anyway thing to be done: some UV mapping, as you can see the chest is very messed up. The necklace will have to stand out more. Dunno if you even noticed it on screenshot :p Runes will be added of course, on chest, horns, face and robe.

Level 19
New concept!

As mentioned earlier, the Ogre Hero:
[pic removed]
Dunno what to call him: P. Anyway, the rocks on his back are used to throw on enemys (anim for that ^^) and big axe to slice and cut! Fel Guard's anims.

To do: Small skin modifications, some new anims, adding hero glows. This one seems to be easy to make so expect it soon^^

The Runemaster had some skin changes (hard to UV da bastard!) and some new anims. Altough it still needs many work to be done.

The Nerubian hero haven't advanced much... I only found one bug wnich I don't know how to fix and I'll probably have to start everything from beggining :(

Level 19
Behold, the High Elven Unbroken!

HE.gif

The heavly armored High Elf wnich uses sword, shield and half-arcane half-holy magics. Things to do: new skin less resembling captain, alternate form in wnich the sword truns into light sword (or at least shines bright) and the same with the shield. Also bright light inside golden circle on his shoulders in alternate form. BTW I know that he has teal team color and red glow :p.

Ogre is entering the final stage and will be released soon :D . Rockcrusher name looks nice but doesn't really fit to the axe. Would fit hammer but no hammer: P.

Nerubian hero sadly is still on hold. :cry:

Runemaster has modified skin and revmapped textures at last (yay!) wnich means he will be done in a while too. :D

Level 9
its going very good but like you said, still need a lot of changes

the "non-spiked warden thing" is too big for his size, he should be taller since elves are tall, especially "High-Elves" :lol:

sword is too short, make a long sword for him. change his face skin, or give him some helmet, still remenbers too much the priest

and all other changes you mentioned before

great models you are doing

Level 9
the kobolds already have a taskmaster. and would fit the taskmaster theme if he had whips instead of an axe.

how about Ogre Brawler?

Level 3
Raiju said:
the "non-spiked warden thing" is too big for his size, he should be taller since elves are tall, especially "High-Elves" :lol:

Actually High Elves are the shorter of the two races of Elves (Blood Elves are a faction more than a race)

Level 19
The golden circle will stay as it is. If it would be smaller it would look bad. Ok about the sword it will be longer. Besides it's like an alpha version so it can look strange. BTW HE are shorter than NE, I'm not quite sure but they are as tall as humans, only less bulky and more agile.

I thought of naming ogre hero the Ogre Gladiator. Those ogres were captured by humans when the interment camps still existed and been forced to fight on arenas just like the orcs (like the one with wnich Thrall was fighting). After all camps have been destroyed those ogres fled and joined some of the ogre tribes and now they are fighting on their local's tribes arena's. They often are warchief's of their tribes as they are considered as the mightiest and strongest.

Dunno, tell me what you think :?

Level 3
I don't remember Thrall fighting an Ogre in an arena in LotC, I remember the straw Troll model but maybe I'm forgetting. It's a while since I read it :D

And I think the circle thing is fine as is, any smaller and it probably wouldn't be noticable from a normal game view.

With High Elf height they're only slightly taller than humans.

Level 9
blizzard's elves are too small

if this hero were taller, he would be more imponent. he looks so, defenseless, so weak...

of course, with the major changes youre going to give him that might change, but i still appeal for the tall elf idea

Level 25
Blizzard Elves aren't too small

NE aren't small. They're 7 feet tall

High/Blood elves are shorter. Which is good

Screw tall elves, lets hear it for tall... murlocs?

And if he was taller, then he'd be out of proportion

However, he needs a much more impressive weapon than a simple footman's blade

Level 2
Well, the High Elves are mostly royalty, so a variation of the basic sword can be expected. However, if you could put something completely new - like a mace, morning-star (flail with mace head), battle-axe (a la MK) or even a warhammer - you could get an interesting model.

Idea for another hero you could make: the Human Black Knight. The idea might sound kinda used already, but a hero that looks like the human commander from the ROC intro (helm, shield, big sword), with perhaps a little darker look, could be impressive. According to Blizzard, the Death Knights that serve the Lick King were ex-Paladins. This Black Knight could be one of these paladins that had started to turn, but had not reached the complete evil of the Scourge yet. That way, the hero would have plausible access to both Holy and Evil spells, and being mountless would make him an welcome change from seeing only mounted knights.

Level 19
Exactly like Xaran said. Blood Elves are High Elves wnich followed Kael. Those who haven't are calling themselvs High Elves.

BTW Unbroken skinned version:
af6dc9b3.gif

I'm kinda proud of this one^^ I looks very cool to me:p Altough it needs some work with the hair and back. Dunno if I should stay with white hair? To do: first and formost the alternate form. Also I'm planning to do something with shield besides skinning it, like adding eagle wings or smth like revenat's shield. Maybe adding something on the golden circle.

@silencedsonix: Black Knight imo fits more to chaotic human-like being that is using onlu brute strentght to kill everything in it's way. Altough I think that idea of warrior using holy and unholy magics is interesting. I've made human hero already and my goal is to make 1 hero per race. BUT I thonk that it would fit Blood Elf. Well instead of holy and unholy magics he would use holu and this chaotic-fiery-whatever magic wnich BE are using.

Level 6
Goood. Don't be stupid! All high elfs are turned into Blood Elf's cause they fountain of magic is destroyed.. They have a lust for magic and are changes name into Blood elf's!!! Play World of Warcraft and get the Whole history before saying anything.... I just did the mission for Keal so i now....

Status
Not open for further replies.