• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Model] Flying Dreadlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Dreadlords have wings, and in my map I am creating, I plan on having one fly around and throw fire balls at people. I am requesting that someone could create a dread lord with the animations:

Flight - "If I have wings, why cant I fly?" - Dreadlord. The Dreadlord should have flapping wings, and be bobbing up and down, (like the gargoyle's Flight)

Morph - The Dreadlord should have an animation that shows him jumping from the ground and entering flight, and also landing on the ground.

Attack - The flying Dreadlord should swing his arms the exact same way that the regular Dreadlord attacks.
dreadlord.gif

Casting - When the Dreadlord is flying, He should have a casting animation that looks similar to Diablo from Diablo I. If not, the regular animation for the Dreadlord.

Death - When the Dreadlord dyes he should fall to the ground and have a corpse on the ground that decays, Do not make it explode and be done with when it dies. I need a corpse for my map.

I Will Give Lots of credit for this model if it is done correctly. If you need any more information, feel free to ask. Also I will give plenty of Rep to the creator of this model. The model will be in good hands, here is a bit of proof.

Okay, If you have ever played WhiteSun Ascension: War for Aldoryul, (RPG) then you will understand my map, in mine, The Kingdom of Aldoryul defends off the Wretched Demons of Gomorrhus, And They follow the Demons Through the Demon Gate to finish them once and for all. That is were my map takes place. Yes, he gave me permission to make map based off his.

Please note that the terrain is still in construction. I want to give as little screenshots as possible, my pc is slow and takes for ever to load stuff. tell me if you need any more screenshots.
here is the camp of which belongs to the Kingdom of Aldoryul
untitled.jpg

Here is the hero selection area.
untitled-1.jpg

The screenshot was taking in world editor (notice how some units are blue)

Last edited:
Level 2
A modeller would get mad because someone has sent him a request? i know he's probrably busy with other important projects, but sheesh give this guy a break.

Level 13
Chriz tends to get angry easily, trust me i know.

Edit: not to say hes a bad guy or anything, but he tends to get angry when people ask him to do little things like this. probably due to all his projects

Level 4
well, it this would be a cool project, I'm sure he couldn't be angry at this, I mean, wouldn't it be awesome to have a Dreadlord flying around, sort of like jeepers creepers.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

*cough*

I admit, it sounds interesting, but I do not have the time right now for something so extensive.

And geez, I'm not going to get angry unless he PM's me begging and pleading for me to do it for him. Give me a break.

Level 8
I know theres a thing in the spells section that shows how to make a unit fly, its supposed to be a dbz thing, but even so, you may want to check it out.

Level 2
I know theres a thing in the spells section that shows how to make a unit fly, its supposed to be a dbz thing, but even so, you may want to check it out.

Still there is a problem that you have no flapping wings or him jumping into the air/landing on the ground. To put a unit up in the air is quite easy though, just use triggers to change his flight height(haven't opened the editor today, I think that is what it is called).

Level 4
Well does anyone want to give this a try? and yes please link the Flying Illidan Model.

Edit: well i searched on google for both Flying Dreadlord and Illidan, both searches sent me here... :cry:

Last edited:
Level 4
Okay, If you have ever played WhiteSun Ascension: War for Aldoryul, (RPG) then you will understand my map, in mine, The Kingdom of Aldoryul defends off the Wretched Demons of Gomorrhus, And They follow the Demons Through the Demon Gate to finish them once and for all. That is were my map takes place. Yes, he gave me permission to make map based off his.

Please note that the terrain is still in construction. I want to give as little screenshots as possible, my pc is slow and takes for ever to load stuff. tell me if you need any more screenshots.
here is the camp of which belongs to the Kingdom of Aldoryul
untitled.jpg

Here is the hero selection area
untitled-1.jpg

The screenshot was taking in world editor (notice how some units are blue)

Last edited:
Level 8
"If I have wings, why cant I fly?" - Dreadlord. And Yay General Frank! That would be pretty cool for a flying dreadlord.

Level 4
"If I have wings, why cant I fly?" - Dreadlord. And Yay General Frank! That would be pretty cool for a flying dreadlord.
We should give him rep! :D

Also, General Frank, your name is already in the Credits, and first on the list, your models are amazing.

Level 8
Oops found a mistake in my Dreadlord comment, "If I have wings, why am I walking?" - Dreadlord. That was the correct version. Are you givive me rep, or General Frank? Lol Just wondering, it wont hurt my feeling if you mean General Frank. EDIT: Nm checked my profile, ty Fuglypump! Its my first reps! Woo!

Level 4
Oops found a mistake in my Dreadlord comment, "If I have wings, why am I walking?" - Dreadlord. That was the correct version. Are you givive me rep, or General Frank? Lol Just wondering, it wont hurt my feeling if you mean General Frank. EDIT: Nm checked my profile, ty Fuglypump! Its my first reps! Woo!

I actually meant both you and General Frank. :D

ooh page 3!

Level 4

If you edit the model into and angle, I bet a couple people would use it in their epic maps, If you have permission/no response from the creator, I say you should go for it! :thumbs_up:

Whoops, didn't mean to actually double post that, I meant to add it to my previous post, oh well, at least it as been refreshed.

Level 4
well, I've been getting closer and closer to finishing the map, General Frank, do you think that you will have this model done by 2008? If not, then I will take my time :)

Level 34
Maybe someone could mix the flying animation of a Gargoyle with the Dreadlord body or something. Hehe, just waiting for the cool model that shows up. :cool:

He never answers my PMs either...so dont be offended by it.

But of course...school and real life is time consuming, and important...

But could you show us a WIP pic General?

Yeah sorry about not answering, I got about 10 PMs of n00bz whining about their ignored poorly edited models, so big sorry for not answering. As soon as I get it ready to show I'll post one. Tomorrow or so...

Level 4
Yeah sorry about not answering, I got about 10 PMs of n00bz whining about their ignored poorly edited models, so big sorry for not answering. As soon as I get it ready to show I'll post one. Tomorrow or so...
Yeah, when you didn't answer, I figured it was because you had so many messages that you would just delete them all not seeing my name. :)

When you said, "As soon as I get it ready to show I'll post one."
Did you mean the model, or a screenshot, ether way I'm exited to see how this turns out! :)

Yeah, when you didn't answer, I figured it was because you had so many messages that you would just delete them all not seeing my name. :)

When you said, "As soon as I get it ready to show I'll post one."
Did you mean the model, or a screenshot, ether way I'm exited to see how this turns out! :)

Both, as soon as I get back from school tomorrow I'll finish it and do all other thing to get it done.

Here you go. Hope you like it.

Last edited:
Level 4
Both, as soon as I get back from school tomorrow I'll finish it and do all other thing to get it done.

Wow, I was expecting a Screenshot, so the model will be completely finished tomorrow?

I need to give other people rep, that way i can give rep to you! :xxd:

Neat it's page 4!

I have a question, sense it is originally the gargoyle model, does it have an attack for attack ground units, and an attack for other air units? hehe, It would be great to claw down people from the sky. If not, well done anyways, you still are the best model maker for wc3 in my opinion.

Wow, I was expecting a Screenshot, so the model will be completely finished tomorrow?

I need to give other people rep, that way i can give rep to you! :xxd:

Neat it's page 4!

I have a question, sense it is originally the gargoyle model, does it have an attack for attack ground units, and an attack for other air units? hehe, It would be great to claw down people from the sky. If not, well done anyways, you still are the best model maker for wc3 in my opinion.

I've edited the original gargoyle model to fit the dreadlords look, so it will have the original gargoyle's animations.

Level 4
So when exactly did you say you were going to release this?
Also, sense when was did it snow on hive Workshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.