• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 22
"Justified reasons" can be a way too broad term as there can be the most stupidest justifications for everything.
Van Durce's justification was that he did it for the empire and everything was ordered by the emperor.
Gardon's justificarion was that he wants to win the war and destroy the demons.
Also yes, both are evil, but Gardon massively enslaving is sort of untrue. Yes i know about the amulets, but the problem here is that he uses them only on a few people ( we have Salana, Merlon, Claire Greendale, and possibly Birram and Vail?). A lot of his troops are fanatically loyal to him even without the amulets and will follow him without question. They can say, screw it and have the free will to leave at anytime, but they don't.

One time Brian asks Gardon not using amulets on Cora and Larine on chapter 5 or something.

I personally prefer Van Durce over Gardon for the conflict. True I like gold color than the ironfist's brown color, but I'm more interested in Marin's capabilities of all people. A technician capable of building such a powerful cannon is a dangerous person by it's own merit.

EDIT :
Engineer.

Level 29
"Justified reasons" can be a way too broad term as there can be the most stupidest justifications for everything.
Van Durce's justification was that he did it for the empire and everything was ordered by the emperor.
Gardon's justificarion was that he wants to win the war and destroy the demons.

van Durce is following orders, while Gardon aims to use lesser evil to destroy greater evil...

Yes i know about the amulets, but the problem here is that he uses them only on a few people ( we have Salana, Merlon, Claire Greendale, and possibly Birram and Vail?). A lot of his troops are fanatically loyal to him even without the amulets and will follow him without question. They can say, screw it and have the free will to leave at anytime, but they don't.

Is Merlon brainwashed?

Gardon is both charismatic and tolerant. He accepts anyone (imperials, of the kingdoms, elves, dark mages, dragons, undead, etc...) and is known for greatly rewarding those that serve him. Unlike van Durce that is willing to sacrifice his own soldiers and send them on suicidal missions...

Level 22
Is Merlon brainwashed?
The magical amulet he had in his inventory didn't give that one away. :D

Unlike van Durce that is willing to sacrifice his own soldiers and send them on suicidal missions...
But he did it for the empire! :p
Now can you see how dumb justifications can be?
Van Durce caused a civil war. Oh wait it's completely justified, because he did it for the empire.
Van Durce forced people to train and become golden guard, if they fail, they die. But it's justified because he did it for the empire.
Saying that we should feel sorry for him, because he did it all by someone else's command is stupid in my opinion.

Last edited:
Level 20
Everyone defending Gardons side seems to forget that Van Durce is the sole reason why Gardon lived up to this point...Know what because above else he seem to be a honorable man who acknowledged his mistakes AND was willing to lower his pride in order to fight for a common goal...Once he realized who was the real issue in all this mess.

Gardons personality is really likable partly from the fact he himself does not allow moral stigmas to get on his way to his goal but take a look at that interlude HE was acting just as Van Durce in the begining.

Van Durce offered him a deal A really good deal but he choose to turn his back on it...From that deal the only part screwed was Van Durces side(Paladins Order and Dwarves) yet he simply answered "NO YOU MUST DIE"

Been a Gardon fangirl for the longest of time,he fucked it up on this one bigtime imo.

Level 11
I just managed to win Mission 12 with van durce, and holy fuck is he crazy going on a suicide mission against the emperor? wtf? I did not see this comming

Level 20
Yeah but one acknowledge his mistake and offered to try and fix it as much as he could...

The other was willing to send even more of his men to their deaths and most likely blame it on the Golden guards.

For some one whose managed to grow stronger and stronger partlydue to his opportunism he choose a rather unopportunistic path...It almost feels like he has some old grudge against Van durce.

Level 22
Yeah but one acknowledge his mistake and offered to try and fix it as much as he could...
He could have at least after destroying the demonic invasion reconquer some territory. Instead he left the demons with a firm grip on Isalmur and Lor, the orcs with a firm grip on Salria and the undead got away completely scot free. And not to mention except a small force and Mr. Holy Bastion man Praxeus he completely abandoned the continent in favour of the empire.
For some one whose managed to grow stronger and stronger partlydue to his opportunism he choose a rather unopportunistic path...It almost feels like he has some old grudge against Van durce.
Imagine i made your life a living hell, after that i said "sorry i made a mistake". Would you ally with me now?
Personally for me one apology won't make me forgive what he did.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Last edited:
Level 29
Aedy's chapter will not really rely on your choice since she is about to settle things with her father. Neither Ironfist nor Golden Guard are involved.

Well, Aedale's father is an Imperial, and possibly an ally of the Golden Guard, right?

The fact that we chose Gardon and thus defeated the Golden Guard wouldn't maybe change the plot?

Level 22
Well, Aedale's father is an Imperial, and possibly an ally of the Golden Guard, right?
From what i saw, i think he is indifferent to the golden guard.
Even if he was their ally i'm sure he'd rather kill us for harming his daughters, than for defeating a big army, that he wasn't commanding.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Duke Redfist is an Imperial, yes, but he has little connection to the Golden Guard except heritage maybe.
As a matter of fact, he has his own army that consists of both Imperials and Royals, being pretty much
on the level of the original Ironfist when it still served the Emperor. Some within his ranks used to be
Knights of Kome even.

Level 20
@Shar Dundred

Oh he has his own personal army?
So there are still independent factions in this mess of a civil war that hold/joined no sides...

I am asuming they will make an apparence on the upcoming chapter right?

Could they be that mysterious army we saw during chapter 4 (the one we rescued Aedale) of the first book?

Level 29
That anonymous army was part of the golden guard. Renald mentioned that it was sent to watch them in.case you chose to destroy it.

I think @DD Mikasa was refering to the soldiers imprisioned alongside Aedale on the orc camp.

Edit: Also, I now read the new Character Sheet.
So Lisara's story is kind of a tragic one. This might explain why she tries to make Aedale believe that no one loves her, because she believes that all love is deep down a lie.

Do you plan to make a reunion between Lisara and Ornassion or maybe she finding out what happened to him?

And I can see why Lord Margazar seems truly loyal to Aridon. His previous bosses were envious of his accomplishments and were responsible for the death of both him and his soldiers, not to mention the loss of his reputation.

Last edited:
Level 29
@LISBOAH
Morris is right,i was refering to those "demon slaves" if i had to put it on Genethas words...

Oh ok, sorry.

But the prologue of the second book had already said that those guys were van Durce's men and that is why van Durce was pissed on Blen and Hamos, well, one of the reasons why he was pissed.

Level 22
But the prologue of the second book had already said that those guys were van Durce's men and that is why van Durce was pissed on Blen and Hamos, well, one of the reasons why he was pissed.
He was rightfully pissed! The emperor ordered him to be pissed so his reason was completely justified! :p

Edit: Thinking more about the choice we made between Gardon or Douche man i realise what a double edged sword each may be.
Gardon has completely abandoned the idea of returning to the empire.
Durce has abandoned a huge part of the continent of Arkain in favour of the empire.
I guess the ending of the campaign won't be a happy one where both are completely freed, rather we will have to pay a price for our choice, free a continent that has battled demons for centuries, but abandon your homeland to possible ever lasting damnation or free your homeland, but abandon a lot of people that really need your help.
It will be a really depressing choice if it really ends up being this way.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Oh he has his own personal army?
So there are still independent factions in this mess of a civil war that hold/joined no sides...

I am asuming they will make an apparence on the upcoming chapter right?
Yes and yes.

Edit: Also, I now read the new Character Sheet.
The entirety of the undead characters will come up soon as well, I will make a post in the news thread once that occurs.

So Lisara's story is kind of a tragic one. This might explain why she tries to make Aedale believe that no one loves her, because she believes that all love is deep down a lie.
Pretty much, yeah.

Do you plan to make a reunion between Lisara and Ornassion or maybe she finding out what happened to him?
Well. What do you think? ;)

And I can see why Lord Margazar seems truly loyal to Aridon. His previous bosses were envious of his accomplishments and were responsible for the death of both him and his soldiers, not to mention the loss of his reputation.
I will quote @Kasrkin here: "You know, Margazar seems like a pretty cool dude for a Demon."

Level 29
@Shar Dundred
My first impression was something along this lines:
Guess not their entire "nation" is made up of backstabing,bloodsucking,webweaving morons...

Racism aside, chances of a race being composed 100% of evil individuals is very, very rare... there must be at least some "white sheeps" among the demons. Of course they most likely don't stand very high in the hierarchy considering what the demon legions do for a living...

Level 20
@LISBOAH
Yeah we got the perfect example of how the white sheeps are treated...Guess Margazar is enjoying the "life" as a rotting corpse more than a Demon warlord,can't say i really blame him.

Level 22
Racism aside, chances of a race being composed 100% of evil individuals is very, very rare... there must be at least some "white sheeps" among the demons. Of course they most likely don't stand very high in the hierarchy considering what the demon legions do for a living...
The most redeeming quality the demons have is that their ultimate goal, that each demon shares, no matter of what allegiance is ensuring the survival of their race and independence.

Level 10
The most redeeming quality the demons have is that their ultimate goal, that each demon shares, no matter of what allegiance is ensuring the survival of their race and independence.

Dem dudes multiply faster than rabbits. As soon as they conquer the world they gonna either wipe themselves out or starve to extinction.

Level 29

Given Shar's character sheets, they are not above trampling on others to achieve higher positions on the hierarchy, letting the mortals dispose of incompetent subordinates or potential threats to their positions and backstabing others...

Level 20
@Championfighter25

Their character sheet says otherwise,they give you the feel of a tribal confederation where each Warlord has one and one goal to rule over all or that of a the Ottoman court when each entity sought to further its own goals at all cost.

And now that A second demonleader falls to the mortals trouble might be brewing in the void...A power vacum in a society so power hungry can never be good.

Level 22
And now that A second demonleader falls to the mortals trouble might be brewing in the void...A power vacum in a society so power hungry can never be good.
Since he was killed in battle and not by the way Aridon "killed" Ornassion he will just come back . Now from here we have a few possibilities. He comes back shortly after his defeat and resumes his post, somebody else takes advantage of his weakness and overthrown him or a regency ia temporarily made untill he comes back . The 3rd sounds absurd, but it can happen. The 1st one is also a possibility. The 2nd is most likely to happen, but that doesn't mean we should exclude the 1st and 3rd one.

Level 29
Since he was killed in battle and not by the way Aridon "killed" Ornassion he will just come back . Now from here we have a few possibilities. He comes back shortly after his defeat and resumes his post, somebody else takes advantage of his weakness and overthrown him or a regency ia temporarily made untill he comes back . The 3rd sounds absurd, but it can happen. The 1st one is also a possibility. The 2nd is most likely to happen, but that doesn't mean we should exclude the 1st and 3rd one.

We don't know if these demons are like the ones of Warcraft, like if we kill them, they return to the demon realm.

Level 22
We don't know if these demons are like the ones of Warcraft, like if we kill them, they return to the demon realm.
Aridon himself said high ranking dreadlords cannot be killed by ordinary means as they will always come back.
As for the rest:
99) Just like in Warcraft lore do Demons in Arkain have to be killed in they're own realm (aka the Void) to permanently die?
The Void is not the realm of the Demons.
The Void is the unnatural border (a literal rift leading into nothing but emptiness) to the realm of the Demons.
And no, you don't have to kill them there to kill them permanently.
They are an actual race (or group of races, if you want to put it that way) that is extremely powerful and has a high reproductive rate with gigantic population.
They aren't summoned into the world of Arkain, they LIVE ON Arkain - behind the Void.

Level 29
Aridon himself said high ranking dreadlords cannot be killed by ordinary means as they will always come back.
As for the rest:

Well, Brian is most likely as powerful as one and has been alive for quite some time. Maybe he knew a way to kill Kersigar for good and made sure of that.

Level 22
Well, Brian is most likely as powerful as one and has been alive for quite some time. Maybe he knew a way to kill Kersigar for good and made sure of that.
Yeah, considering the entire Larine arrow that only can't effect high ranking dreadlords thing, there is a possibility for him to be on the same level of power.
However we didn't see if he killed him personally with his own power so there is a slight possibility he survived.

Level 29
Kersidar has not been permanently destroyed in Twelve.
He will be back in Fourteen for the Gardon side.

Wait... what does that mean?

He only truly died on the Golden Guard's chapter or he will appear as some sort of servant to Gardon, like Brian reanimated his shadow or something?

Level 29
The Golden Guard is not going to attack the Demons, as you may remember.
Gardon is - and Kersidar is still on the menu.

Ah ok, sorry, I misunderstood.

So the chapter fourteen will be like the ultimate battle against the demons? Like, if they win, the demon menace is pretty much gone or at least severely weakened?

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Hm. I've got a few questions. 1) Perhaps spoiler-heavy one, but if we choose golden guard, what would chapter 14 be about? 2) So Kersidar is still alive. How does that work? Like in warcraft, to kill a demon you have to kill him both in our dimension and the twisting nether? 3) This is not quite related to the current topic, but why are demons invading human world at all? Do they run from someone/something? Or do they seek new lands to live. Perhaps i've missed something about that.