• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 12
Gameplay
Rather nice to have an easier dungeon crawler. Didnt die and Kalvon was right in that the key is outlasting the enemy.
Anyone went went south path? Went top and into corner but is there any benefit for doing every corner?

Story
Interesting that we're going full forsaken now? Who more than Amari and (Brian?) can free undead from his control?
Do think it was Trekgah that teleported Roghtil out? Brian already said that he didnt want to raise the conflict more.
We already know Rahandirs loyalty is weakening.

Overall a great in-between chapter to raise the heat for the incoming big ones. Since the orcs have more material left I guess another orc chapter now. Unless you're planning more now human chapters?

Level 20
Damn, I expected Aridon to have quite a few artifact but... not to this point. He seems to have artifacts from all of the Four except for Baarizel. I wonder if the demons know he has an artifact from Zindrach, might be part of the reason they're targetting him.
  • So Aridon ordered the genocide of the Arkainians, thus spawning the entire Scarec ideology. I wonder, when exactly were the Nexus founded ? I remember it was said that it was a sort of experiment by Aridon to see how his servants would evolve without his direct control. Did the Scarec already exist at this point or was it founded later and then "infected" by the Bonelords' visions of their crusade ?
  • I wonder, how many undead were spawned from Arkainians ? Aridon said that he prefered them as undead slaves but, apart from Krom and the Bonelords, there don't seem to be others. Did Aridon fail to raise them ? Were they destroyed ?
  • Poor Rogthil has escaped the madness born from Aridon's tempering with his memories of the genocide... only to fall into madness caused by learning the truth. What's even more of a shame is that, since he pretty much wants to destroy everything, Aridon might even not have to suffer the consequences.
  • Aridon's "balance" and his actions against his brother being caused by his manipulations is the same as the SUB (though Rogthil is a somewhat more trustworthy source than Largoth). However, I believe the idea that the world was not dying because of the gods is new. That has interesting implications, since Brian seemed to think the world was really dying when he told Guardon, and he didn't have contact with Aridon since before their "deaths". This would mean that, either Rogthil was delusional, imagining the possibility of a future for his people if not for the Four, or Aridon was the one to manipulate his brothers into finishing the gods and taking their place by pretending the world was dying, and then believed in his own lies following the explosion of Zindrach.
  • The servants of Prodageras being so deep beneath the Dead mountain is rather impressive. They must be incredibly numerous if they're present in so many subterranean caves, so deep that no other living or undead go. Still, that's quite some fire for the Dead mountain. Is it volcanic but dormant or is it just so deep that temperatures rise ?

As Aridon Deadfist ventures in the darkest depths of the Dead Mountain, his mind is beset with one purpose and one purpose only, to bring the wayward Bonelord into the manifold.

With his imposing presence, he extinguishes the lives of the creatures who had made these caverns their home, and raised their remains in preparation for the confrontation with the Bonelord, if need be. For some of these creatures, they would suffer a horrifying fate of being transmogrified alive by the reshaping of their skeletons, producing a terrifying ghastly ironclad phantom in service of the Watcher, if there are any left to believe it at this point.

And so, even in the deepest depths of the Dead Mountain, none shall know the comfort of retaining their flesh within the presence of the Betrayer (step aside, Illidan). Dozens, if not hundreds of lives spent by the whims of a "wrathful and interventionist god".

Then, the moment has come. Aridon Stormfist, face to face with his former servant, Rogthil. Intending to bring his former servant back to the fold, Aridon requests Rogthil to return. However, with the voice of his master no longer ringing through his head, Rogthil opposes Aridon Ragefist with all his fury. Heeding his words no longer, the Bonelord, Rogthil is free at last.

Aridon tries to bring Rogthil back through words (perhaps of deceit), though it would fall on deaf ears. Rogthil would ultimately engage Aridon in combat.

Unfortunately, Aridon was prepared for this encounter. The ghastly ironclad phantoms that he raised on his way proved to be too formidable for the Arkainian with their annoying Frost Bolts. As if that wasn't enough, the Bonelord had to contend with Aridon's own powers over lightning. Needless to say, the Bonelord wouldn't stand a chance against his former master, and he was defeated by the pelting of Frost Bolts.

As the Bonelord kneels on the ground in defeat, Aridon begins the process of splitting Rogthil's essence. Using the mask of his enemy Tregakh, Aridon Blunderfist nearly completes the ritual. Against all odds, Rogthil managed to disrupt the ritual and took Aridon by surprise. Muttering that the essence of the gods protects him from Aridon's influence, he scurries off, where he can build a new army of Bones, one that is not bound by the will of the Betrayer.

Perhaps Aridon't Lie-to-me should learn to be honest and forthcoming for once.

Level 5
-Finally, someone questions the sense of balance. It would be nice if Aridon explains it. We would agree that balance is just an excuse.
-I guess that without anyone to question him, Aridon has become blind before his "stupidity". this dear bonelord says some truths.
I guess none questioned the sense of balance because Aridon's power make all Undead obedient to him. And the living seems to know about nothing about who is Aridon and what he wants.
Story
Interesting that we're going full forsaken now? Who more than Amari and (Brian?) can free undead from his control?
I think Amari would rather wabt to destroy all the Undead.
Do think it was Trekgah that teleported Roghtil out? Brian already said that he didnt want to raise the conflict more.
I think it's just Rogthil became too powerful to be able to escape Aridon's vision. Or it really was Tregakh and he teleported the Bonelord to... Rodan continent. I mean, a good place to raise the New Army of Bones.
We already know Rahandirs loyalty is weakening.
Plot twist: that king did not betray Rahandir.
Just kidding :D

Or did I?...
Overall a great in-between chapter to raise the heat for the incoming big ones. Since the orcs have more material left I guess another orc chapter now. Unless you're planning more now human chapters?
I think the next chapter should be Human since we played as Orcs in the previous one.

Level 20
I had a go at the last chapter and interlude.

Lemme start off with the gameplay aspect of it. A chill micro mission with a decently hard boss fight. Nothing hard though. As long as you do proper use of runes the fight is a breeze.

On the lore aspect...How the hell did the undeads get wrecked so hard in Salria. Tremalone dying, Cleavehand dying , Sir Edoarus barely managing to escape and Haran being turned into spider shishkebab. How the hell did orcs being as depleted as they were managed to inflict such damage on them, or were they only commanding small forces and the majority of the forces came from the Scarec who got nuked to oblivion.
Also i laughed hard at the interaction between Rahandir and Mordin. The lil dude was puzzled like hell.

Calling it right now the defection of Rogthil isn't going to be the last and no i am not hinting at Rahandir and his questioning. Kazardius! Its been a while since we last heard of him AND he and his boys weren't non to pleased they had been lied too.

While it seems almost certain that Aveen might perish a part of me thinks that we might end up into a Divided Salria one ruled by the orcs and the other by the undead ( a theory i hinted at previous posts). It would be such a shame to see a character like her taken out.

Also i like how slowly and ambiguously Shar is shifting our attention from the conclusion of the war between the mortals of arkain (which we know by now how it ends) and the demons to the what in the actual fuck happened in the past.

While what Rogthil said should not be taken 100% in face value his version is the closest to the truth, after all he is one of the primordials races of Arkain. Its actually sad to hear him lament the fact he put what was left of his brothers to the sword when he was risen as an undead servant of Aridon.

Also not Aridon collecting all kind of artifacts. Pokemon Arkain edition: Gotta catch em all starring Aridon the watcher in his hunt for rare powerful and esoteric artifacts.

Kinda digging this new direction the series is taking with exploring what happened back at the time of the four.

Calling it right now Rogthil teleported his bonny bottom up to the Cold north!!!!!!!!

Level 21
Calling it right now Rogthil teleported his bonny bottom up to the Cold north!!!!!!!!
I agree. The Espionage short story may be starting to come more into focus as we learn more truths about the Arkanians as I think there's a faction up there that is related to them in some way. If that's true, it makes sense Rogthil will somehow align with them and Aridon even says Rogthil likely had help to escape to somewhere so far away.

There have also been new questions introduced via the Golden Guard such as the Chalice of Arkanian blood van Durce casually carried around and Praxeus has been tasked to find it via Ebira and Nysara. Nysara also looking like some sort of 'light' demon...

Brian seems to have recovered it and left it with Amari (maybe, but it's somewhere in the Dominion capital). Also the Angelics in general seem to have had several hints dropped that there is something more sinister, or at the very least questionable, about the source of their power.

Perhaps the implication is the Empire of Rodan actually draws much of it's power from the legacy of the Arkanians. We don't really know much about Rodan in a general sense. I think this is all stuff setting the stage for post-True Story era along with the short stories about Zyainor, Gardon's heirs, Kerrel, etc.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Definitely not.
The Bonelords were a unique case, it is not like Amari can now go around and free Undead now, that's not how it works.
She didn't even know this would happen.
The servants of Prodageras being so deep beneath the Dead mountain is rather impressive
The mission did not take place beneath the Dead Mountain else it wouldn't have been far from the undead armies.
I wonder, how many undead were spawned from Arkainians ? Aridon said that he prefered them as undead slaves but, apart from Krom and the Bonelords, there don't seem to be others. Did Aridon fail to raise them ? Were they destroyed ?
There were many more undead Arkainians but over time they ceased to exist, one by one.
Only Krom and Rogthil remain now.
Is it really close to end? :((((
The True Story still has a few chapters left to go.
Arkain will not end with the True Story however, as I have stated in the past.

Level 27
Well, I'm a bit late on the clear now, but well, since we had a lot of interesting going on, let's talk about them anyway, focusing on the story, since gameplay is just spamming summons, skipping the cinematic so that my Legionnaires won't run out of duration, using them to protect Aridon until Rogthil runs out of mana, then it's just attrition warfare with Lightning Bolt, Power of Death, and Mirage.

Thread of Fates:
  • So it was revealed that Renova's children was left with reanimated Loraine, and it was also revealed that Selior was raised by Rahandir as well. Given how Mordin and Saphira both turned out to be reasonable people, I have to assume that the kids are in good hand, in contrast to the children of, say, the late King Salria the Fifth.
  • And... Tremalon was killed by Orcish necrolytes? Poor guy. But well, I guess Zairmak and Oneeye using a Tiny Great Hall to teleport a huge ass army into Tremalon's base is canon now.
  • But then, he wants to assume control of Saphira's force as well, not to weaken Gardon's force like how the Second Book played out, but to payback Brian, sowing the seeds of doubts in Rahandir's mind. Will he remain loyal, or will he be compelled to do the right things.
  • So, Tregakh tasked Aveen to run headfirst into death, while feeding false information to her regarding Brian, our favorite fallen-noble-merged-with-a-fragment-of-a-dead-god-turned-Gardon's-ally. He is a good war advisor, a great shadow summoner, and a decent fighter, but he sure is not very good at convincing people to not kill each other. He should have paid Jadira or something.
  • On the other hand, Aveen was right in her own mind to not trust someone who looks and sounds sinister, over an Emperor who she pledged loyalty to.
  • With the Emperor/Tregakh mentioned, I expected to see the Darkborns resurface, and with Loraine and the spooky bone brothers, maybe we can expect something never before seen, like airborne Heroes.

King of the Dead:
  • Aridon wielded the artifacts of the fallen God of Death, and of Tregakh and Zindrach. A nice touch is that it simply adds the abilities to his command card, instead of having to click on items. Thank god for that.
  • A Rasi scholar secretly jotted down a journal on Rogthil for us to read. If he ever get found out by Aridon, I hope he'll be missed.
  • Also, Aridon's level 15? With level-4 basic abilities and a level-2 ultimate? That's a big deal, considered how many strong heroes like Gardon and Amari are only 10.
  • He killed the Rats that somehow survived Praxeus and Zarin's forces. But without Progaderas' protection, they fell to Aridon like flies. Aridon remarked how them mining gold is stupid, but like come on, they have the rights to like shiny things. It's one of the milder aspect of their culture, man.
  • Some of Progaderas' golems are left behind, and apparently, it got Aridon so mad, that he dropped ice meteors into the caverns. The trees that survived are turned into a different type of trees altogether. I'm not sure that ruining the ecosystem counts as "balance".
  • Also, shouldn't we be able to control the Ice Golems? Would make the Rogthil fight flow smoother.
  • And then, he killed Sludges, not because they were in his way, but because they "looked like Tregakh's creations". Funny af.
  • And then then, a shocking revelation. Rogthil was actually talking interesting things instead of acting like a henchman.
    • "ALL of you want to destroy the legacy of the Gods", "We were there - ordered to kill them": Suggesting that the Four planned to wipe the slate clean before building a new one on top. But the part where the Bonelords was used as the means to kill them all could have been Aridon's idea, since "not enough to reproduce" is not a very good reason, considering how Rogthil heard the "voices of a thousand". The other three could simply agreed with him, since the Arkainians were too hard to be controlled, or there simply was no better options. Besides, Aridon were their allies, so more powerful skeleton to his army? Why not. Maybe due to this decisive event
    • "You tricked Tregakh into stealing...": So it maybe suggested that the Darkborns were Aridon's idea (and this could have been where Tregakh thanked him by gifting the Mask of Illusions for this "genius" idea), and the backstab was an elaborate betrayal plan instead of for balance's sake, as flawed as it maybe. It would explain how his own living creation - The Dark Elves - are such deceiving creatures, and why the Demons hate his guts so much. It would ALSO explain this his bouts of anger were semblances of his old scheming, megalomaniac self before he became the Archlich, not because he was actually angry.
    • "And who gets to decide what this balance is?": I can't believe I've just noticed this, but it's not written anywhere in the lore entries. It's just Aridon spouting, and deciding everything surround the term "balance".
  • Needless to say, Aridon is now considering the weight of Rogthil's words. If they are true, then maybe Aridon will withdraw from the world and leave the Undead behind. Maybe he can even destroy himself. Maybe he'll embrace his old self and eventually got killed by Brian or his own minions.

Level 20
I agree. The Espionage short story may be starting to come more into focus as we learn more truths about the Arkanians as I think there's a faction up there that is related to them in some way. If that's true, it makes sense Rogthil will somehow align with them and Aridon even says Rogthil likely had help to escape to somewhere so far away.
I always thought that the cold north might be inhabited by non sentient beings that got accustomed to its very harsh weather but I remember clearly Shar stating something along the lines of "The world has forgotten about the cold north, but the north hasn't forggoten about the world" so maybe there might be a conclave of mages etc up there. Or maybe that is the place where what was left of Arkinans managed to take refuge in. If you look at Kroms unique item it clearly states that Arkinans physiology is far more resistant and robust, so A small pocket of Arkinians surviving up in the cold north isnt far fetched.

I dont think the Rodanese (id assume thats what you call them) might have had connections with the Arkaninas of old. At least not the general population MAYBE the ruling elite might have been descendants of some arkanians that fled Arkain settled in Rodan and united the Humans living there. That would explain how the imperials took over that quickly the kingdoms when they came. That would also explain how Vandurce had that chalice with him and how Marin was adamant about not allowing the body of Van durce not falling into the hands of Brian.

Edit: Also while i am at it why not present a theory of some sorts i have had in mind for quite a while.

When the series starts we are greeted by Aridon and his speach about the state of Arkain. He clearly states the gods are dead. Now things aren't clear how things unfolded and how gods died. Maybe Aridon being the schemer that he is its lying to us, or maybe he is referring to death not as in a physical way of death but as a concept( abit farfetched since the mortals still pray to this entities). Now one of the titles of Aridon is the Avatar of death. What does avatar mean? Avatar roughly meas the manifestation of a diety. So Aridon being the avatar of death means he was the manifestation of the god of death (further implied by the fact that he wields the staff of the god of death the diety that spawned him) now logic would say that his brothers are also avatars of other respective dieties. I.e Largoth might be the avatar of Deceit (the god deceit, think of Loki from Nordic pantheon) since illusion and trickery are closely related to him. Brian might be the avatar of subterfuge and secrets (since he is into shadows and all that, and shadows are closely related to subterfuge and secrets). The demon god might the avatar of a god related to evil deeds and what not.

Now what is puzzling is as to why the Gods started warring with each other. After all the joined their efforts to create the Arkanians (the most perfect creation, or closest to perfection). They are so strong that even Aridon couldn't subdue Rogthil despite him being dead and bound to his will. What if the avatars being manifestation of the gods and to a degree having the same desires as them institated all the fight among gods? Knowing fully well they could not defeat them head on. What if Aridon (it is being implied that he is some sort of a schemer) instigated the war among gods so they could slay each other, gang up on the weakened ones afterwards and the final step of his plan was to slay his brothers so he could rule lile the sole omnipotent god. We all have to keep in mind that so far the story as it unfolds (the books at least) are representations of Aridond's visions, so to a degree he is narrating us the story. So he could be very well pulling wool over our eyes to make it seem as if he is the sole one deserving of the legacy of the gods. That would explain the words roghthil said about him and his jealous and envy toward Arkainians that were created by the Gods, a creation he could not match or subdue so he chose to enslave and exterminate.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
For those of you who downloaded the new version:
There have been reports of some crashes. I have updated the files a few times (once again just now) to fix those.
If there are still crashes for this new version, please report those in Bug Report.
WC3 may not like the amount of maps in the campaign file, the issues on non-1.29.2 versions are ramping up lately.

Level 20
Just finished the newest chapter. Damn, that's quite a lot to cover :
I never got around to playing end of Orckind in the SOB so it's the first time I play this level.

On the gameplay first :
Concerning the first part :
  • Damn, starting by the goblins is rough. Their airships annihiliate your casters, their pyromaniacs destroy most of what the Redfist can field and most of their units can't be targetted by spells because they're mechanical. (why would a fireball be unable to damage a mechanical unit anyway ?) Without the double Starfall, I doubt I would have even got past them.
  • Strangely, the Red Priests always feel like they're out of mana, despite only using them for rejuvination and having a level 1 mana aura. Is their mana regen the same as other units ? (probably just me but I want to be sure)
  • Still, quite ironic to struggle against the Redfist for most of the campaign, only to play them once the Dominion has all the tools to overclass them (damn Dragons)
  • By the way, are the dragon raids on your base intentional ? I constantly had a few dragons or drakes belonging to either the goldaxe or the deathbreeze coming from all over and harassing my supply lines. They seem to be part of an attack wave but don't follow the rest of the units down the ground path. Because they can come from a lot of angles, you can't really plan an effective defense so I had like 10 gryphons that couldn't join the main fight because they were playing whack em all with red dragons.
  • Unfortunately, the level is a bit too open and the enemies a bit too spread out for pyromancers to be really effective.
Now on the second map :
  • Guess we won't get a Red night. I wonder if the map will be used for another chapter.
  • With Sir Cheveran, this is much more manageable than the Red Night, which I can only be thankful for.
  • Damn Redfist doesn't go down with the scepter of healing. He was almost regenerating as much health as the damage I did (thank Lisara for Mark of Chaos)
Now about the Story :
  • Surprising that the Mogthar stopping the mercenaries were Krogar's. I expected them to be Gorthog's, trying to help the dominion survive in the background. By the way, why did he go alone after Krogar then ? And how did he know where he and Aedale were ?
  • I didn't expect Borean to die (I'd have bet on Oneeye actually. The poor bear died before he even got an entry in the character sheets. Hopefully with Redfist dead, he won't end as a coat). Still, to see him sacrificing his life under the slogan of Ishzog... I don't know whether that's just a result of the Bearmen's gratitude for their survival and their desperation to be a part of something since their forest was corruped... or if the amulets aren't the only form of mind control in Arkain.
  • So the Redfist have won a temporary victory. Still, with the death of their duke, Orie's disappearance, Amari and Vanessa's return and the question of where Logan will end up, the end might be quite near.
  • Where is Zairmak ? I mean, I'm not asking for even more heroes to be thrown at us, but he doesn't seem the kind to stay in the backlines, especially with Kenos taking part in the fighting
  • Aedale says that the Gerrazar troops aren't mind broken but still serve her. Is that just a tamer mind control ? By the way, how much of the order does she have at her disposal ? Can Cheveran even go to recruit more soldiers or is his state impossible to hide ?
  • So Aedale is starting to get quite the tally of manslaughter. Not complaining though, I believe that's the most interesting her part could have gone. I don't see her completely dominating Lisara in her current state, but, hopefully, she isn't on the path to be consumed like in some SHB endings (it always felt like such a shame, especially since she still had yet to see Cori again and Orie's vengeance would have been a bit stupid if Aedale didn't exist anymore)
  • So Orie immediately accepts the demon's proposal, quite in character considering the paragon of level-headedness she always was (then again, that seems to be a family trait. Vanessa just takes after her mother). I can't help but be curious. Had she come back to the Redfist, would they really have turned her away ? Sure they hate orcs but they were very loyal to the Duke (then again, Redfist himself probably would have ordered them to finish the genocide rather than avenge him).
  • So Gorthog finally finished the last Moghtar warchief (that we know of at least). I wonder what he'll do now.
Quite an interesting development here. The large scale battle is pretty irrelevant (except for poor Borean), the scales will tilt against the Redfist. But Aedale's side is very interesting.
For now, Aedale seems lost and unsure of what to do, except for getting Lisara's voice out of her head. So I expect Zoia to play a big role in what happens next (if she stayed in Salria, there's no way she didn't watch the battle against the orcs). I just hope theories about her being in league with the Dark one are false (I don't want Aedale's mind to die).

Still, between Gorthog, Orie and Ebira, the Dark one is getting quite an army focused almost exclusively on hunting him down. Though that makes me wonder. Ebira obviously knows of the Dark One since she speaks of some cosmic megalomaniac. But she didn't seem to know of Largoth, Kersidar did, and I doubt he knew of the Dark one before Ebira (if he knows of the Dark One at all).
Thus I have a little theory (can't remember if someone else already proposed it). I believe Largoth was the one responsible for the Invasion (we knew that the Dark one was responsible but not how if I'm not mistaken). He contacted little Kersidar alone, so that Ebira, his smarter half wasn't there, and manipulated him into launching this invasion (Kersidar then convinced Ornasion who probably didn't need much convincing anyway). This would explain why only Kersidar recognized the name Largoth and evaded the subject (he probably gathered from Largoth's betrayal that he had been played so he tried to cover it up

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
By the way, are the dragon raids on your base intentional ?
Yes, they are.
Where is Zairmak ? I mean, I'm not asking for even more heroes to be thrown at us, but he doesn't seem the kind to stay in the backlines, especially with Kenos taking part in the fighting
He is on the Zelech "lane".

Level 29
  • Surprising that the Mogthar stopping the mercenaries were Krogar's. I expected them to be Gorthog's, trying to help the dominion survive in the background. By the way, why did he go alone after Krogar then ? And how did he know where he and Aedale were ?
He's a hunter. He was probably hunting for Krogar for weeks.
  • I didn't expect Borean to die (I'd have bet on Oneeye actually. The poor bear died before he even got an entry in the character sheets. Hopefully with Redfist dead, he won't end as a coat). Still, to see him sacrificing his life under the slogan of Ishzog... I don't know whether that's just a result of the Bearmen's gratitude for their survival and their desperation to be a part of something since their forest was corruped... or if the amulets aren't the only form of mind control in Arkain.
I kind of wished that he had killed Commander Fox.
  • So the Redfist have won a temporary victory. Still, with the death of their duke, Orie's disappearance, Amari and Vanessa's return and the question of where Logan will end up, the end might be quite near.
They are simply heading towards their deaths.
  • So Orie immediately accepts the demon's proposal, quite in character considering the paragon of level-headedness she always was (then again, that seems to be a family trait. Vanessa just takes after her mother). I can't help but be curious. Had she come back to the Redfist, would they really have turned her away ? Sure they hate orcs but they were very loyal to the Duke (then again, Redfist himself probably would have ordered them to finish the genocide rather than avenge him).
From what we have seen, Orie's authority was simply due to the fact that her father was the leader. She didn't kill that Salrian Commander those chapters ago and instead ordered someone else to do it, she fled afterwards and she didn't aid in the death of Borean.
She's probably not very powerful.

Anyway, Ebira's priorities seem kind of weird. The demon invasion is being repelled and she's too focused on hunting down Lisara, who plays no role in the grand scheme of things.
I doubt that Orie will have a chance against Aedale, even with Ebira. Aedale absorbed demon artifacts, has Lisara, and they are "agents" of Tregakh, one of the Four. If things go sour. Largoth can simply come in and save Lisara.
Thus I have a little theory (can't remember if someone else already proposed it). I believe Largoth was the one responsible for the Invasion (we knew that the Dark one was responsible but not how if I'm not mistaken). He contacted little Kersidar alone, so that Ebira, his smarter half wasn't there, and manipulated him into launching this invasion (Kersidar then convinced Ornasion who probably didn't need much convincing anyway). This would explain why only Kersidar recognized the name Largoth and evaded the subject (he probably gathered from Largoth's betrayal that he had been played so he tried to cover it up
I still think that Largoth was a demon once, but Tregakh took over his body.

Level 12
Another good mission
Used mortar team for the buildings and spotting mines. Archers to help with air units along with heroes.
Banish is insane on this map due to lots of targets. Priests are great since they are only healers.
Didnt focus on air units. Melee is alright, usually just to shield other stuff. Clear left side of goblin base since your allies wont.
Teleported to left lane after goblins, leave some to defend but side lanes are easier to push generally.
Less static defenses and ally help. Just pick up a scroll so you can teleport back when they come at your base.
Very much a hero mission.
Part 2 Tank with summoned felguard and use orc ulti to get permanent units, clear the fountain and wait for orc to come back to help. Final boss requires that you bait his ulti and use your own ulti along with spamming aoe to get him down.
Story
Bear goes down;(
Weird that Gorthog seem to lose in cutscene even if he comes back to help with duke.
Exited to see how the story plays out.
My guess for last missions ;
Gates of Hell fairly normal, maybe Undead Betrayal being a part of it instead of cutscene or new mission.
Gorthog joins normal orcs at Red Day, probably some resoloution of betrayal plotline(could be own mission)
Either a new mission or just a trailer for True Story 2

Last edited:
Level 17
Just finished the new mission:
  • So "best dad of the year" tasked Orie to deal with the orcs and their allies. And of course our "dear" surviving generals join her.
  • Damn, every time I saw Izhrog or whatever is the name of the orc preacher of the blackrazor clan, I chill feeling runs in my back. I think he's not a orc.
  • So Vanessa and Hothnog went to bring the Salrians on the Dominion. I hope we have some exclusive dominion human units haha.
  • I'm glad everyone escape, so that makes sense why we can use them later.
  • NOOO!! Shar!!! Why you kill Borean?!! MONSTER! is because have him against the Redfist and the others will turn things more easier for us, don't you?! TnT I won't recover for this, first Brockta and now Borean... everyone I like dies. I will burn all of the Redfist and the imperials for that! Now I undestand why he was with the people hearing the preacher :C
  • Krogar left his forces to deal with Daric meanwhile he assist Aedale/Lisara to kill Duke Redfist? I'm not so sure if this was a good move.
  • Well, madness reach its peak. At least Redfist is dead and Orie went with Ebira to gods-know-where. I want to know the reaction of everyone with this.
  • And Gorthog defeat Krogar. I think I have an idea of what is going to happen on "Red day".

Gameplay.
  • The Goblins were annoying, so I sent everyone to deal with them at the start.
  • You can use Banish to make either Aveen or Orie inmune of physical damage. Just be careful with enemies that have stuns or silence.
  • I never used Siege engines... until now.
  • When the battle against Duke happen, use summon units so he will use his damn bomb againts them. You can do either that or sacrifice all of your moghtar forces.

Well, I won't recover from Borean's fate, so I NEED to CRUSH ALL the Redfist and use Fox's skin as a rug. And Aveen... you could prevented this to happen so I will crush you as well.
Good job of course.

Last edited:
Level 7
poor Borean. his sacrifice won't be forgiven. It hurt me to destroy orcs campements in this mission.

The part Aedale was more interesting. She kills her father but orie arrives to manipulate her in order to prevent from kill the daddy of the year. no success. Ebira arrives to make her offer.

Now, the question is: What will happen to Aedale?

Level 2
Duke gets what he deserves and looks like Aedale can break free from Lisara influence, so I'm really happy... But the death of the best character of the series is a sin that Shar must preserve for the rest of his life

Level 27
Well, I've "cleared" the map, but the first section I had to cheat. As others have said, it may be due to the 1.31 version and something weird with the Goblin base, but I'm not sure. Anyway, a review.

Before we start, I would like to offer my sincerest words of condolence for Borean, and hell, even Darkfang to an extent. The former fills me with joy whenever I see her, while the latter fills me with dread. One of them I considered a comrade, and the other a fierce rival. They have sacrificed, fighting for what they thought were their greater good, and for that I respect them.

But in any case, fuck Orie and I hope she dies painfully. How dare she even entertain the thought of skinning my dear Borean for something as banal as a fucking coat. I'll skin her ass the next time she appears as an enemy hero.

• I guess Grella has a point about forming a religion to unite the Orc, although deifying a leader is not the way to go, according to real life. Oneeye and Zairmak seem to share the same view as mine, although they couldn't deny the benefits.
  • Commander Fox would now live to see another day. Aveen and Kenos just tag along, unwillingly doing Tregakh's bidding. Once again, Zairmak survived the encounter.
  • Krogar encountered Daric's forces on his way, but he survived. Am I too assume that either Daric or Logan died off-screen?
  • In the second section, I was surprised that instead of playing as Duke Redfist, I was actually playing as Aedale to topple the Tyrant. I was hoping for some Darkborn Seers to aid me, but Tregakh was stingy. So, I "convinced" Krogar to give his Sturdy War Axe and Searing Blade to Aedale, so she could go take care of business by herself.
  • In my first attempt, I was confused by Gorthog's arrival, so I rallied my Moghtar to kill him, and...Krogar ran all the way through the gauntlet to attack Duke Redfist, which ended with his death as well. He then threw a Firebomb at Aedale's face, ruining my run.
  • Second attempt, I left the two fervent duelist to their own devices. and instead rally my troops to Redfist. He was insanely tough, but 3 Mark of Chaos + my army were enough to incapacitate him.
  • Then, as foreseen, Orie arrived and preached bullshit, then Lisara replied with even more bullshit, tearing Aedale apart, and she burned the Duke's body. She was too mindbroken to be happy with her success, and the remaining Redfist would have a martyr now, to fight with even more zeal so...good luck, Amari.
  • To be fair, I'm not sure who to believe either, but as with all things, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Maybe Redfist DID care for Aedale when she was young, but his abuse was actually the way he knew best to do so, since he believed it would make his kids tougher. Orie withstood it and learnt how to be his pet, so she was favored, whileas Aedale was on the opposite end.
  • My prediction? Aedale can break free of Lisara, but since they're so entwined by this point, it would mean the death of both of them.
  • Krogar was slain by Gorthog off-screen, so Krogar's clan would be assimilated into Gorthog's folds as well. With the potential loss of Tregakh's allies (Lisara/Aedale and the rest of the Moghtar), maybe he'll somehow intervene even more than he'd already did.
  • And... Orie listened to Ebira of all people. I can only hope Ebira get rid of her after they're done.

Level 19
The Bearmean Chieftain's death was expected. His name wasn't mentioned in the Drums of War Short story. May he and Brockta rest in Peace, knowing that their people are in good hands - Well to think At least?... As mentioned before, and this is circulating in my thoughts, this is not the 2nd Orc book Tribal Dominion.

Ya, lot having difficulty dealing with the enemy troops, while I was having a blast with 3 heroes at my disposal. So as an Ogre with Battle Experience with both the realms of Warcraft Arkain and Starcraft and Salmon Run Splatoon 3. I would like to share my battle tips with you lot.

Complaining about Destructors and Red Dragons?
PRO TIP: Don't use Ground Troops!
YA GOT THE BLOODLY BLOODSTONES DWARVES WITH YA, LADS! USE THERI AIR TROOPS!
The Goblins and Red Dragons are countered by Mass Gryphons! The key to this mission is BLOOD STONE GRYPHONS!!! Also, Keno's 2nd ability is fucking strong against the Dragons! Target Dragon with Keno's ability and Order the Gryphon Riders to kill the Dragon (Ghosted enemies take double damage from Magic, which the Gryphon Riders have!!!)

Too many Land Mines for Meelee Ground troops and the spikes on the Orc Buildings are brutal on them. Also, Red Fist Red Priests are pathetic Healers, too hard for the Average RTS fighter that can manage and utilize spell casters effectively...

So my advice is to make Mortart teams deal with Buildings and Mass Gryphons. Don't even bother to make Gyrocopters. I find no use for them in the midst of combat. Add some Redpriest for healing if ya got the micro to manage them (The suggested number would be 6-8).

Your Heroes are beefy enough to take some hits, plus Red Fist is constantly giving FREE Meelee Troops. Use the AI as Body Shields to protect your Range Units!! if you manage them well you won't lose them and easily steamroll everything on your path!!!

This mission was a breeze compared to the 2nd Orc Book, where you had Vanessa... EUGH... What a Nightmare! Ogres and Gnolls, in the stead of Goldaxe and Koydoss... Plus Meelee Hero, Traitor Vaneesa, is susceptible to Spikes, not a pleasant Battle Experience...

"And I thought Trudging through Salmonid Ink was Hard to get to a point..."

So no Red Night, I see?... Duke Red Fist is dead in this Chapter, his Arrogance got him killed! DAMN, HE WAS HARD TO KILL, STUPID SCEPTER OF HEALING!!! I barely made it out on him.

I care less for his Daughters and the Succubis Ebira and Lisara... But, for each sister and each Demoness... Damn, Orie and Lisara, using Illusion magic, I dunno which is real (But we all know what happened during the Golden Meeting). Red Fist was a heartless man, hate was placed when Rangul killed his wife and abducted Vanessa, what a cruel fate Shar Dundred has placed on this man...

Seeing all of this happening... The Red Day is coming...
The Dominion is at a questionable standpoint, but I somehow Foresee some possible changes and outcomes to this to the Legendary fight.

2 of Redfist bases, will be replaced by Falcon and Pheonix Regiments. Bloodstone will be there but on what numbers though? Their major force has been weakened by the Ogres...

Draic will Die surely, but Logan's fate remains in question, compared to his 2nd book counterpart.

Major leaders of the Dominion are dead, The latter will be playable heroes during this mission:
Amari - Grofzag- Oneeye- Vanessa - Grella

Allied bases of the Dominion:
Zarimak x Flamedus x Okrii (Northern base)
Pechan x King Gorehowl x Inarra (Southern Base)

Heed this, fellow council members, this mission will be hard no doubt, and... Will be empty for me. For both Borean and Brockta are gone... Chieftain Brcokta, you shall be remembered and reincarnated into the world of Oros...

Level 22
Overall chapter was cool. It still retained that "end of orckind" spirit in it, in that you need to be pretty aggressive, otherwise you can get overwhelmed.

No Red Night chapter in the True Story is a bit of a surprise, though it would be a bit weird going from it to "a red day".

And so Redfist is dead. There is something poetic in that his first action on the continent (burning down the orc islands) was described as "not the most prudent course of action" and that can be said about his last action as well. If anything, his emotions getting in the way of better judgment was something that Aedale and Orie are also guilty of.

And with this, the defeat of the Redfist at the hands of the Dominion is pretty much guaranteed. Though I'm still puzzled as to why Tregakh didn't order Volarian's killing to be delayed. In an AQT, Shar mentioned the Redfist would've won had Aedale killed Volarian much later, so I'm curious to see what Tregakh's reasoning is.

I'm assuming Krogar is dead and since the Moghtar prize power so much, a large part of them will now join Gorthog.

Aedale's fate is up in the air for now and I'm curious where it will go. Lisara couldn't regain her hold on her (at least for now) and one could make an argument that this will only be temporary since Lisara is so deeply rooted in Aedale at this point. Narratively, it would also make more sense when you consider the entire "1 Redfist sister aligned with a different member of the Four" that's being developed.
On the other, Aedale proved she could control Lisara at the end of the SHB, so it can go either way.

Level 21
The last character I liked who had an unknown fate... sad times. Oh well, it just puts me farther on team Amari, the only main character left who doesn't seem like a complete sack of shit. Actually, I take that back, there is hope for Aedale which is a great divergence from the SHB. Some Undead characters have a lot of room to shine post-True Story for me also.

Redfist himself was a hugely impactful character that didn't get many lines or screen time. I quite like how none of Aedale's memories of her father are confirmed real and we still have no idea how he really was to her.

I hate that Borean had to go, but he was unquestionably likable and that's exactly why it had to happen. Redfist needed another solid W to earn that final villain top spot for the end of the campaign since they hadn't done much for awhile.

Still, to see him sacrificing his life under the slogan of Ishzog... I don't know whether that's just a result of the Bearmen's gratitude for their survival and their desperation to be a part of something since their forest was corruped... or if the amulets aren't the only form of mind control in Arkain.
I think he actually believed it. Whether you see Ishzog's work as sinister or not is subjective. Yes it's purposeful, yes it's propaganda, but is the outcome so bad?

Perhaps reflecting on why we all believe what we believe and live the lives we do is uncomfortable when we realize most of our beliefs are pretty malleable and come straight from our peer groups without much thought put into them, at least not initially. Is that mind control? I'd argue it's just life.

Seeing this fictional group shaped into something new and - in my opinion - "good", optimistic, and PREACHING FORGIVENESS is very refreshing compared to every other faction which are frankly miserable is why I am Team Amari/Orcs new age.

It's hard for me to cheer for Zyainor when nearly all its top level lieutenants are either magically influenced (Larine, Merlon, Claire) or seem to delight in being shitty and think it's the only way to be effective (Birram, Thanok, Ferdal, Herdon). The new age Orcs show you can be purposeful in accomplishing your goals without going completely scorched earth insane.

Gardon is MUCH more interesting in the True Story as you can see he became more extreme and careless after having to 'kill' Praxeus and members of his family. At the same time, he didn't even try to negotiate with van Durce. Yes, van Durce asked for a lot, but Gardon didn't counter at all. Like ok, let's not fight and I will leave, but I won't give up any of my other methods. Ceasefire agreed! In any case, that talk failing is integral and makes the story way better, so I'd not have it any other way.

A few things I'm wondering for the last few maps.

In Red Day will Gorthog become Chieftan of all Moghtar and come in as a surprise ally to keep Daric busy? What will be the narrative outcome of that? Clearly Gorthog will not work with Amari, but perhaps he can make the Moghtar look good to the Orcs and Ogres that otherwise hated them by helping out +new age Ishzog teachings of forgiveness (no Ogres at the sermon though I notice) and can be some surprise happy ending where Gorthog, Gran, and Amari bury the hatchet (copium)... I really doubt it though.

The Ogres might leave without Brokta to guide them, but I'm willing to trade the Ogre Legion as a member of the Dominion for an accepted Moghtar ally under Gorthog if that also includes a more bought-in Gran. The Ogres also still have a home to go back to, so they can go chill there and at least not be an enemy.

Inara remains a wild card. Just like my boy The Destroyer :cute:

Aveen is displaying some subtle doubts with Redfist. I expect she may survive The Red Day battle one way or another, but then Brian will have Amari kill her anyway as a precaution against her linking back up with Gardon even though she will express her willingness to stay/leave in peace.

Aedale may now have an impact on Gates of Hell, I have no predictions on that one but I expect Zoia to interact with her at least one more time.

Is The Red Night ditched, or will there still be three more maps instead of two? Seems like having the four Redfist sisters close it out on a map called RED night after their respective conflicts have closed out could be a fitting, well rounded, final map. Cora and Vanessa need a reason to get there too though at this point, so I don't know if this will happen.

If it is the case though, no single faction would get the special top spot of owning the last playable map, which feels right. And surely Ornasion needs to get a farewell moment to disrupt some well laid plans with brute strength like he always has wanted, right?

Last edited:
Level 20
Gardon is MUCH more interesting in the True Story as you can see he became more extreme and careless after having to 'kill' Praxeus and members of his family. At the same time, he didn't even try to negotiate with van Durce. Yes, van Durce asked for a lot, but Gardon didn't counter at all. Like ok, let's not fight and I will leave, but I won't give up any of my other methods.
I believe in the end, it remained a question of trust. If the Purificator can fire all the way to the Void, there's probably nowhere that's out of range in the kingdoms (perhaps in Pyrrean or Rengarian backwaters but still). Leaving would mean Guardon puts himself at risk of Van Durce targetting his forces, or at least his "questionnable allies" (and, to be fair, I'm not entirely sure he wouldn't).
Whether he gave up on his allies or not, by leaving, he put himself completely at Van Durce's mercy; and after Pyrru... well what little trust there was is broken. Even if he sympathises with Van Durce, some things can't be mended like that.
(I agree that's an interesting "flaw" of his character, I just wanted to tell what I think motivates his decision)

On another note, I wonder if the undead will get another new map. Blood and Soul is a great map, but it doesn't really feel like the undead Finale for the True Story the way Bloodbath was for the first books era. On the other hand, I don't really see what we could play. The humans and the orcs seem to tie up any known loose end that we expect to be tied up (the demons and the Redfist/mercenaries/regiments)
Maybe we'll get a map playing Rahandir's undead against the Ironfist.

Level 9
I love the new mission! Specially that we never play as Redfist. And this is a reamke of that mission secret of Vanessa killing all Dominion with Redfist? That is cool and make me wonder if we will get that final mission of Golden Guard fleeing of the continent but instead of Renault, we will play as Marin, IT WILL BE AMAZING

Another great L to the Dominion, that is nice, until now they got a L after killing Seilor and be attacked by the demons in Pride of Empire, a L losing Rangul, another L losing the Destroyer and that chieftain of Goldaxe Clan, a W losing Sasrogan (A HUGE W), a L losing Brocktar, a L losing now the chieftain of Bearman.

And is nice to see the Redfist being eficient, a great W to them killing one chieftain, and hundred of minion of Dominion. Hundred and now more hundred die by the Redfist

One thing that i really like was the connection. In Red Night, the mission of Aedale, we see in cutsceane a bunch of orcs in fire in Human Book, showing us that Dominion in the canon suffer huge loss, now we see how that come!

I really like see Gorthog defeating Krogar and Aedale killing acidentally your father, and that cutsceane of both Good Volarian and True Volarian speaking to Aedale the same time. With this, maybe Aedale can with help of Gorthog (Or not) control Lisara and help Gorthog in a crusade against the Dark One? Would be very nice!

Maybe in Red Day it will be the great, and epic climax, a huge massive battle between Dominion + Gnolls and MAYBE Moghtar? vs Redist, Mercenaries, Imperials.

Amazing mission, i like massive battles in gameplay.

Zelech can't perpass Zaimark because Zaimark is too strong or because Zelech is too weak? A good question, because Fox alone destroy two bases!

Aedale may now have an impact on Gates of Hell, I have no predictions on that one but I expect Zoia to interact with her at least one more time.

I think that Merlon will not be saved by Aedale like the SHB alternative choose, specially that we have Short Stories of Gardon remembering his old friend. Maybe Aedale have impactful on that mission of Golden Guard fleeing the continent? Helping Merlon against the massive Imperial fleet and helping him to flee or going with him? I would love to see Merlon with what left of Golden Guard + Moghtar + Aedale in revenge against Emperor/Dark One, OH MY GOD THE THEORIES ARE BLOWING MY MIND!!!!!

Level 19
Act Nine, Chapter Nine, First part:
-Okey, now i get why ishzog is really dangerous, he made a cult and a religion just because Bryan ordered him. Also i like the detail that no Gnoll is there, all of them are with their king or just think this cult is not for them
-So Grella encourages every dark troll to follow this cult... which is leader is Amari... Grella is becoming more and more as Lerrig was to Genethas.
-Also i think this one will become the blackthorne soon after, our dear dreadlord will invest 100%
-We finally get to play with the remaining imperial generals, although we dont have access to more phoenix other than Kenos.
-Cool mortar team model!
-Double starfall is great AND necessary to deal with all the dominion forces.
-Fox can defeat any bases he encounter but you must help zelech against zairmak, so send him a few falcoons and Gryphon riders to deal with him. Also, why there aren´t any knigts of kome here?
-Once you reach the final part of the bases, focus on Borean first, help fox to clean as much structures as possible and forget about goldaxe clan, you´ll run over deathbreeze first anyway.
-About focusing Borean... how could he died? I know that healing totem + tranquility would be incredible broken against the final match vs redfist but he didn´t deserved that, but the dominion needs to lose some forces like Brockta... only Flameddus remains and every other orc leader will survive (i hope Inara dies) since we know a little from the short stories.
-Also Aveen seems like she´ll join the dominion or Gardon, perhaps as a connection between him and Amari once the war is over. And Kenos will die during Red day.

Second part:
-So Krogar was the one that stopped Daric and no Gorthog? I thought he would help the orcs anyway in the shadows.
-The final battle against redfist was hard, even with a full force and Krogar assisting you once he defeats Gorthog. RIP Best Father of the Century, a pity he didn´t get that much screen time despite being so important to the orcs story.
-I´m not sure, not Lisara nor Orie are telling the truth, Redfist became a cruel man once he lost his first wife and the rest of his daughters were from his second wife... but i doubt he was so cruel with their children at first.
-So Orie joins Ebira because the redfist will destroy everysingle orc and make sure no ones survives... I mean that´s the reason they joined that army instead of any other that fights demons or traitors.
-I like the detail that Cheveran only follows Aedale and not Lisara, while Krogar only follows Lisara and not Aedale. That means that she used her own power to manipulate his will before getting that much power from Lisara.
-So Gorthog wins and Krogar dies, there is not more Moghtar leaders other than him, faction unified and perhaps they can join the dominion.
-Aedale´s fate is uncertain, i suppose she need at least another interaction during the true story but she´ll hunt the dark one.
-Also... no one took the body with them, is scorched but perhaps the undead can reanimate him as the champion against the orckind.

Still, between Gorthog, Orie and Ebira, the Dark one is getting quite an army focused almost exclusively on hunting him down. Though that makes me wonder. Ebira obviously knows of the Dark One since she speaks of some cosmic megalomaniac.
I mean that could be either Aridon or Largoth.
Anyway, Ebira's priorities seem kind of weird. The demon invasion is being repelled and she's too focused on hunting down Lisara, who plays no role in the grand scheme of things.
Perhaps a little revenge for Ornasion? Either way we know next to nothing about Ebira´s true objective, she wants to unified the demonkind but why? Is she searching for a vessel for the demon god? Or just wants to defeat Largoth once unified?

The Ogres might leave without Brokta to guide them, but I'm willing to trade the Ogre Legion as a member of the Dominion for an accepted Moghtar ally under Gorthog if that also includes a more bought-in Gran. The Ogres also still have a home to go back to, so they can go chill there and at least not be an enemy.
There was an explanation of the dominion forces after the war and the Ogres were there, perhaps they´ll leave until Salria is unified but they´ll join the dominion for sure.
Zelech can't perpass Zaimark because Zaimark is too strong or because Zelech is too weak? A good question, because Fox alone destroy two bases!
Well, Zairmak´s clan has necrolites that can silence Zelech everytime he uses her ultimate, also he reaches that clan the goldaxe red dragons start appearing so...

Level 29
-Okey, now i get why ishzog is really dangerous, he made a cult and a religion just because Bryan ordered him. Also i like the detail that no Gnoll is there, all of them are with their king or just think this cult is not for them
Once the Gnolls reunite with the main forces and see this, it will just add yet another reason for them to mistrust Amari. There's a growing cult with her at the center.
-So Grella encourages every dark troll to follow this cult... which is leader is Amari... Grella is becoming more and more as Lerrig was to Genethas.
I wonder if Amari's influencing her.
-We finally get to play with the remaining imperial generals, although we dont have access to more phoenix other than Kenos.
Too bad they have very generic abilities.
-Also Aveen seems like she´ll join the dominion or Gardon, perhaps as a connection between him and Amari once the war is over. And Kenos will die during Red day.
Aveen is being very, very naive if she thinks things will go the way she wants. She cannot control the Redfists, she's clearly underestimating the Dominion and does she really believe that she will rule over Salria after this?
-The final battle against redfist was hard, even with a full force and Krogar assisting you once he defeats Gorthog. RIP Best Father of the Century, a pity he didn´t get that much screen time despite being so important to the orcs story.
I honestly hoped his death scene to be more humiliating.
-I´m not sure, not Lisara nor Orie are telling the truth, Redfist became a cruel man once he lost his first wife and the rest of his daughters were from his second wife... but i doubt he was so cruel with their children at first.
We never see any sympathetic moments from Redfist after his first family's death, Cora clearly fears him, Aedale's inferiority complex had to come from somewhere.
Orie seems like the favorite because she is useful and does everything daddy tells her. She kinds of reminds of Azula.

Level 20
I mean that could be either Aridon or Largoth.
Well, unless Ebira was really extremely misinformed, I don't see how she could think that Aridon was Aedale and Lisara's Master. The only time the undead interracted with Aedale's quest, it was to get in her way. Plus, giving demonic artefact to mortal girls just isn't Aridon's style. He's more the type to either destroy or hoard them.
About Largoth, first, she didn't know about him in A fresh Breeze and I don't see how she could know what he's like or why she would lie about knowing him to Kersidar. Second, Largoth is pretty arrogant, but by demon standards, calling him a megalomaniac seems a bit much.

Aveen is being very, very naive if she thinks things will go the way she wants. She cannot control the Redfists, she's clearly underestimating the Dominion and does she really believe that she will rule over Salria after this?
I agree that she underestimates the dominion but... if they were to win, would it really be impossible for her to rule Salria ? By this point, the whole Royal Family and most of the nobility have been slaughtered. The redfist are too focused on the orcs to do anything else. The phoenix either won't care or will support her and the mercenaries will probably go their own way.
After all these battles and with the continent rapidly shifting, I wouldn't be surprised if the Salrians accepted the rule of a General who repelled an invasion on their lands and promises to protect these lands with the support of the empire (most of the ones who strongly disagree with imperial rule are probably dead by now. The common men tend not to really care about these things as long as they're fed and protected).

Level 21
Once the Gnolls reunite with the main forces and see this, it will just add yet another reason for them to mistrust Amari. There's a growing cult with her at the center.
I think it could be equally likely that they will see a horrifying landscape of death left by the Redfist and realize wow, maybe these races aren't being mind controlled at all, they're just like us desperate to survive in the face of insane invaders.

I get the Ishzog rhetoric is supposed to mirror cult type stuff, but he's literally telling people to stick together, believe in each other, and chill the eff out. People focus too much on the rhetoric and not enough on the content.

I do agree the main problem is putting Amari as a creepy populist figurehead, which she does not need considering she has effectively led the faction to so many huge victories that she earns respect on her own without propaganda.

Level 29
I agree that she underestimates the dominion but... if they were to win, would it really be impossible for her to rule Salria ? By this point, the whole Royal Family and most of the nobility have been slaughtered. The redfist are too focused on the orcs to do anything else. The phoenix either won't care or will support her and the mercenaries will probably go their own way.
After all these battles and with the continent rapidly shifting, I wouldn't be surprised if the Salrians accepted the rule of a General who repelled an invasion on their lands and promises to protect these lands with the support of the empire (most of the ones who strongly disagree with imperial rule are probably dead by now. The common men tend not to really care about these things as long as they're fed and protected).
1. Does Aveen has the manpower and skills to rebuild the Kingdom of Salria?
2. Would the Salrians support her since she's an imperial that came from overseas?
3. Would the other kingdoms either support or even tolerate her rule since the Empire pretty much betrayed them all?
4. Would she actually receive support from the Empire? The Emperor abandoned the Golden Guard, his most powerful and loyal soldiers, so why would she not suffer the same fate?

Last edited:
Level 19
2. Would the Salrians support her since she's an imperial that came from overseas?
3. Would the other kingdoms either support or even tolerate her rule since the Empire pretty much betrayed them all?
I mean. The kingdoms accepted gardon since he stopped the Demons. Why wouldnt they Accept aveen, since she has an army and allies in the kingdoms.

Perhaps other generals would have problems but aveen is family of gardon so they can help each other.

Also another leader that followed the deathbreeze clan (clan lead by his death brother sasrogarn and grofzag) was killed during the Battle, and only him, everyone else that supports amari is alive, all 6 of them.

Aveen could also tame animals like Gorthog, perhaps with stronger beast the salrians can finally defeat the Knights of Kome 😂
I think it could be equally likely that they will see a horrifying landscape of death left by the Redfist and realize wow, maybe these races aren't being mind controlled at all, they're just like us desperate to survive in the face of insane invaders.
Yes but Gran and the gnolls Will be wary of amari anyway since the meeting with Gorthog.
They can be desperated but It seems they are following this alliance leader without reasoning since any remaining leader agrees with amari.

Level 20
1. Does Aveen has the manpower and skills to rebuild the Kingdom of Salria?
4. Would she actually receive support from the Empire? The Emperor abandoned the Golden Guard, his most powerful and loyal soldiers, so why would she not suffer the same fate?
1 I admit, the regiments aren't at their best. But it's not like there's anybody else (redfist and mercenaries don't care and the rest are dead). The Salrians will definitely need all the help they can get.
2 The Salrians that cared a lot about race and origin seemed to be the nobles that are currently serving as fertilizers for the Salrian lands that weren't burned down. As for the remaining Salrians, well, I believe they'd go for the option that gives them the most safety, and the Falcon regiment is probably the only one who proposes that (it's not like the Salrians have any military leadership alive. Training generals takes time). Also, they're about to willingly submit to the rule of the dominion but would refuse the Falcon because they're imperial ?
3 Dorten might have been a problem... if there wasn't an entire nation lead by some black-armored brother that would burn down Kerrel and salt the earth if he tried anything against Aveen. Guardon may not be a big family man, but he values loyalty and Aveen has always acted in his interests... in her own way.
4 She probably wouldn't receive support... but she doesn't know that. She just knows the Golden Guard were abandoned because they failed and refused to follow orders, and she intends to do neither. (And admitedly, since the empire ends up returning for a second invasion, she would get some eventually if she lasts that long. Though of course, we don't know if the empire already had decided to come back later when they abandoned the continent)

Level 21
I think I’m on the side of Aveen being on that heavy copium thinking she could actually govern Salria, but I also think SHE is confident that she could. Even though he abandoned the GG, the Emperor is her family so she will be inclined to believe he will support her and also Gardon is right next door living his best life which probably puts her mind more at ease.

I have no idea what will happen with her but there seemed to be some pointed doubts about the Redfist craziness, so we’ll see.

Also, don’t take me too seriously when I’m out here in the trenches for Amari. She could kill every other character and I’d be like yas queen slay. I definitely think her goals are admirable so I go easy on her methods which really don’t seem that out of sorts to me.

Level 29
I think I’m on the side of Aveen being on that heavy copium thinking she could actually govern Salria, but I also think SHE is confident that she could. Even though he abandoned the GG, the Emperor is her family so she will be inclined to believe he will support her and also Gardon is right next door living his best life which probably puts her mind more at ease.
Maybe.
Also, don’t take me too seriously when I’m out here in the trenches for Amari. She could kill every other character and I’d be like yas queen slay. I definitely think her goals are admirable so I go easy on her methods which really don’t seem that out of sorts to me.
The problem with Amari is that the plot, not her actual actions, are making her look suspicious. She had nothing to do with the Redfists' and Bloodstones' arrival, Gorthog getting killed and becoming a Mogthar, Inara killing Lokar, etc. But we know she isn't because we see everything that has transpired, but that's not the case with the characters.

1 I admit, the regiments aren't at their best. But it's not like there's anybody else (redfist and mercenaries don't care and the rest are dead). The Salrians will definitely need all the help they can get.
They did have some engineers... too bad Genethas relocated them somewhere else.

Level 12
-Fox can defeat any bases he encounter but you must help zelech against zairmak, so send him a few falcoons and Gryphon riders to deal with him. Also, why there aren´t any knigts of kome here?
Knights of Kome are with Gardon.
Aveen alternative history seems interesting, reminds me of Shars answer to why we didnt get Redfist + Undead alliance.

127) Was there ever a chance that the undead would've been able to ally with the Redfist? Is it just because of Aridons personality that they dont even bother?
The Undead didn't believe that they would have to do such a thing.
As for the Redfist... Since some Orcs used necromancy they weren't too fond of necromancers and undead. And if they had known who Aridon was.... That would have caused new questions... Mostly why he could not protect anyone's families from a race he himself didn't want on Arkain.
And you don't want the Redfist asking you why you failed to deal with the Orcs.

Level 12
Ok, Orc story felt good at building tension. No big twists but good at making the Gnoll storyline feel more alive and the revelation of the non-agression pact could be hard on Gardon. Aedale storyline change felt huge. All the while she felt weaker than original and now she changed. Dont trust her with Zoia or Gardon,

Level 7
The interlude was nice. I am worried about the new religion. It sounds as a cult of personnality. The orcs aren't happy that Garn has followed Amari. If he knew about demon politics, he would find Amari nice.

Nothing to say about the secret pact. Only, i have the impression that Amari venerates Brian. He is her mentor and helped her but he coult temper her a little.

The best for me was Aedale. As i hoped, she freed from this bitch. Merlon will be saved at the hell gate?

Will we get a last mission with remnant of golden guard? I am curious about their fate. even if i know that they will die, i want to know!

Level 20
My, that cinematic completely took me by surprise. Though a very pleasant surprise for the most part.
  • I am quite surprised that Amari didn't get more opposition when creating the dominion. Her contest was just to decide the leader of the Deathbreeze, and the leaders of the races haven't met to decide either to make a sovreign alliance, or to make Amari its leader. Then again, we haven't heard Zairmak and Grofzag's opinion.
  • I'm a bit surprised that Gorehowl's suspicions weren't shared by any of the orc leaders. Of course, in this situation, she couldn't have killed her brother, but it's harder to be sure of that when hearing the story and not witnessing any of it.
  • So Amari plans to make Inara the supreme leader of all orcs (except the ones in the Shadowcracy)? That seems an awful lot for just the promise of an alliance. Either Amari is being incredibly reckless or Inara's persuation works on her... or Amari isn't as innocent as I thought in her brother's death and the Bloodhand and Skullblade are rewards.
  • So Grella took quite the leap of faith and litteraly changed her colours to the Blackrazor/Shadowcracy. You'd think it would make her less suited as a leader... but considering all dark trolls in the assembly were the same colour. I believe we are witnessing the birth of the Dark elves 2.0 (without the slavery and genocidal tendencies but still).
  • Gorehowl's criticisms of Amari feel perfectly reasonnable for once. She had no right to establish that nation and it serves very little purpose to establish it before the fighting is done, except to strengthen her own legitimacy once it's over and to put pressure on the gnolls. Still he was rather tame. I suppose he wan't to remain among the Dominion to spy and cooperate with Gorthog. (I expected him to just say he'd go back to his island once things are done)
  • The non agression pact went pretty seamlessly. I like Guardon insisting on the "FORMER apprentice".
Now on Aedale's part :
  • Damn... I really didn't expect things to end with Lisara under control. I hoped for it, of course, but I didn't expect it. I expected Aedale to be on the Dark One's side, but it doesn't look like it'll be the case. She even seems to be on her way to reunite with Guardon ! I don't really expect things to go according to plan... but at this point, I don't know what to expect anymore.
  • So Zoia found Aedale and prepares to join Bloodclaw. Aridon only saw shit. We're in the best timeline ! I'd be a bit suspicious of her wanting Aedale to accompany her, but she already was that way in Blen's prison, and after seeing most of the people you know die... well one could use a little company.
  • "Once we've reached Bloodclaw, you should go to a healer". Sir Cheveran the paladin on the side : "Damn, if I still had a mind I would be so offended"
Overall, with how well things are going for Brian, I would almost expect him to be the one to have manipulated all his siblings somehow. On the other hand, the Dark one lost :
  • the Mogthar to Gorthog who promises to hunt him down.
  • The invasion of the demons which only served to give power to Brian.
  • Lisara who's gonna serve as Aedale's personnal magical wikipedia+battery as she seeks the one who manipulated her.
  • The Golden Guard and Regiments who could have served the empire.
At this point, apart from the empire, the Dark one seems rather lacking in lackeys.

Level 7
IIRC, it's that female Ironfist who should save Merlon. The one he sent the diamond to. At least it was so in Human Book.
Yes but if Aedale is freed from Lisiana, she helps to save Merlon.

Overall, with how well things are going for Brian, I would almost expect him to be the one to have manipulated all his siblings somehow. On the other hand, the Dark one lost :
  • the Mogthar to Gorthog who promises to hunt him down.
  • The invasion of the demons which only served to give power to Brian.
  • Lisara who's gonna serve as Aedale's personnal magical wikipedia+battery as she seeks the one who manipulated her.
  • The Golden Guard and Regiments who could have served the empire.
At this point, apart from the empire, the Dark one seems rather lacking in lackeys.
I question the largoth's motivations. i guess that the demonic invasion serves his ambition to dominate the world but we don't know the details. Killing aridon, i suppose. I speculate that taking over the empire was planned since a long time.

Level 29
They really couldn't come up with a better name than "The Shadocracy"? May as well just call yourselves the Bad Guy Apostles.
Seeing that the most devoted followers of the Light were the Golden Guard and the paladins, the Dominion worshipping the Shadows doesn't sound that evil.