• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Patch 1.30 PTR Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kam

Will JassHelper be maintained and improved? This would really be promising for modders.

Main Post said:
  • [World Editor] With an ability that has Disabled=false, attempting to set Disabled to false again no longer causes a crash

Huh, is that so? I thought it didn't, because it behaved on a counter system.

Last edited:
Level 4
Its nice to see common.j and also diff it with the old version one to see all the changes, sometimes changelogs can forget a thing or two, but code never lies, lets say an argument changed its type or number of parameters for functions but they forgot to note it down, your map suddenly doesnt even load and who knows why

Agreed. I tried with CASC viewer. But I'm unable to extract the common.j & blizzard.j file due to the colon in the file path. How do you work around with that?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] I'm not sure about the difference, but I know Miles had a vulnerability that allowed you to inject custom dll's as *.mix files to run in wc3. That might be why they switched. Plus fmod is modern and well-maintained, whereas Miles isn't.
One is not 16 years old? [...]
*cough!* *cough!*
Miles Sound System Development History

The Miles Sound System - RAD Game Tools
(and for the record, this is *not* the first time I am posting these links on THW)

sad to realize that i don't have the activation key for Warcraft III
i really want to play patch 1.29 and their higher counterpart
but i don't have money to buy a new one
Applies to v1.28 and above:

Replacing Warcraft III CD Key Files

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

JASSHelper in official WE seems surreal (was dead certain it'd never happen tbh), makes me want to do some modding again. Nice to see some anti-cheat measures implemented as well, important for good melee experience.

Level 2
I was using Creative Labs EAX2 DirectSound3D through Creative Alchemy and they dropped support for it aswell.

Reactions: pyf
Level 13
Most buffs/debuffs can simultaneously apply to the same unit if their ID’s are different

This is such a nice change. I will no longer need to code simple buffs and can instead use a hundred Inner Fires. Yay!

It was always odd how different auras (based on the same original aura) could always simultaneously apply whilst different active abilities (that were also based on a common spell) could not.

Level 19
Last edited:
I buy copies of Warcraft III cd keys from Battle.net late at night for fun because Blizzard Entertainment are the people getting the money. Got like 2 or 3 this year already I think.

Edit: This is how I repay my debt to humanity, since I carelessly paid almost $1000 to World of Warcraft in middle school and high school via monthly fees and expansions or whatever without checking the total sum. World of Warcraft and similar systems of ensuring the customer doesn't count total cost have inspired businesses around the globe to change their business plans, like Microsoft's Office 365 (which revolves around the idea that software should be a service and users should no longer own it), Adobe, and many other similar products. I kind of liked owning Microsoft Office, since it meant that I could plan to keep my computer running indefinitely. Now I'm licensing my computer, instead of owning it.

Last edited:
Level 4
Does the changes to the buffs affect autocasting? Will two units with two different Bloodlust abilities cast those different abilities on the same unit if its already affected by the other ones buff, or will only one try to cast it?

Level 10
I added a footnote in my previous message trying to defend the idea that I'm not crazy.

But, we've gotten a bit off-topic. Does anybody know of a Java-based CASC viewer?
I'm still concerned about the CASC change

I think for the time being, most of the editing programms will still be running fine when you copy the mpq's (or even the game's folder) of 1.92 somewhere to work with. I think with the casc viewer that are avaible for the likes of wow or others, with community effort it should be able to work it into the needs we have. And in contrast to you, i think this is the communitites obligation, since they know to a degree what needs they have and can react more apropriate (reason why we have these model editors in the first place.). I really don't want to start an off-topic fight, but people don't even need more false rumors which shoo people further into the direction of 1.26 just because they thing blizzard screws on things that should never be touched. And judging from the video you understand that to some degree, that change would become needed. And copying mpq's would be a proper solution until the programs are tinkered out to a degree where they work for casc files (i really think most of them run a library to read mpq files and chances are that if it is that isolated, you would be able to replace it witrh a casc reading one. But i'm not sure how they are build.)

Now, regarding the editor changes, i'm really interested to see how they pan out. Cross-Compatibility of custom races with melle races is akward since even with proxy spells you have a chance to cancel out other buffs (autocast spells are the worst offender).

Edit: I have really forgotten on the VJazz change, didn't i? Well, i really appreciate that. Using a such developed language which inhibits many poplular systems of wc3 was a really important step and makes me positive about further things.

Last edited:
Level 11
Wow, vJass support in the default World Editor is just amazing and mind blowing to me.
Are there also plans to support WurstScript? I'd really like to have that as an option as well alongside its extremely productive standard library.

Keep up the awesome work, Blizz!

UPDATE: Found a way to play movies in patch 1.30.

Patch 1.30 completely broke the custom movie functionality. We used to put our custom movies into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Movies

We played them with PlayCinematic JASS command. All the original movies are now gone and the whole Movies directory is not there anymore as well. If I create the directory again, the movies do not work how they used to be. How are we supposed to play custom movies in 1.30?

For testing purposes, you can download the Gnoll Campaign:
Gnoll Campaign

The intro movie works in 1.29 fine but no longer in 1.30. I tested it on Windows 10. Here's also my custom movie tutorial:
Custom Movie Tutorial

Best regards,
Tommi

Last edited:
Level 4
The buff has to have a different ID, so melee games won't be affected.
Im talking about the autocast AI. Its made so a unit will autocast its buff on any unit thats not affected by a buff using the same base ability ID. Will this change mean the AI will autocast the same ability-base with different buffs now?

Level 8
It reads

My Engrish no good, but that say item name, that no say item item description

Anyways, it would be great if they really have fixed
Code:
native BlzSetItemExtendedTooltip takes item whichItem, string name returns nothing

My Diablo2-like item system awaits this fix for months.

In the previous patch notes the bug issue was expressly with BlzSetItemName. With such information you would say, "well then item tooltip modifier should be just fine".
But BlzSetItemExtendedTooltip was also bugged, just as you experienced. Maybe Blizzard devs treat "item name" as a concept that includes all item string modifiers. I actually don't care about what they meant, but i would really appreciate if someone that had tested the functions know their true extend and effective functionality.
There are lots of additional desinformation also, i remember using SetTechResearched to decrease a tech level, and it freaking worked when it shouldn't. Suppossedly they created BlzDecTechResearched for such matter (which didn't work the last time i used it, hence the reason i used the previous funcion). My next culprint would be the vJass compiler.
I don't have access to Wc3right now, so can somebody confirm if BlzSetItemExtendedTooltip (and all other BlzSetItem...) work as intented?

Level 4
In the previous patch notes the bug issue was expressly with BlzSetItemName. With such information you would say, "well then item tooltip modifier should be just fine".
But BlzSetItemExtendedTooltip was also bugged, just as you experienced. Maybe Blizzard devs treat "item name" as a concept that includes all item string modifiers. I don't care actually what they mean, but i would really appreciate if someone that had tested the functions know their true extend and effective functionality.
There are lots of additional desinformation also, i remember using SetTechResearched to decrease a tech level, and it freaking worked when it shouldn't. Suppossedly they created BlzDecTechResearched for such matter (which didn't work the last time i used it, hence the reason i used the previous funcion). My next culprint would be the vJass compiler.
I don't have access to Wc3right now, so can somebody confirm if BlzSetItemExtendedTooltip (and all other BlzSetItem...) work as intented?

It does work on 1.30 PTR. Human tested.

Super promising images below

GTdHaeA.png

Yi1N8Cr.png

y3zU3mB.png

I was able to run it a couple of times, but after I restarted the computer, I cannot run it either. Trying reinstalling now...

I faced a similar issue. The night that I installed Patch 1.30, it worked fine. The following day, after putting my computer in sleep mode over night and resuming it the next day, both the game and the editor would crash instantly upon startup. I sent the Error Report to Blizzard by checking the box on that popup.

On the second day before I noticed the game was broken I accidentally filled my hard drive completely, which usually ruins computers, and then I cleaned off 25 GB to fix it. So, I thought that this had broken the game's CASC parser somehow on the second day -- because I don't understand CASC and had no other explanation for what was wrong -- and Patch 1.29.2 still worked fine all this time.
I uninstalled the PTR client last night when I noticed that problem, and installed it again today. The issue is now gone on my computer, and it's working again, but I've only had this reinstall for about 10 minutes.

I faced a similar issue. The night that I installed Patch 1.30, it worked fine. The following day, after putting my computer in sleep mode over night and resuming it the next day, both the game and the editor would crash instantly upon startup. I sent the Error Report to Blizzard by checking the box on that popup.

On the second day before I noticed the game was broken I accidentally filled my hard drive completely, which usually ruins computers, and then I cleaned off 25 GB to fix it. So, I thought that this had broken the game's CASC parser somehow on the second day -- because I don't understand CASC and had no other explanation for what was wrong -- and Patch 1.29.2 still worked fine all this time.
I uninstalled the PTR client last night when I noticed that problem, and installed it again today. The issue is now gone on my computer, but I've only had this reinstall for about 10 minutes.
Also, starting the launcher and clicking Repair fixes the problem.

I have determined that running the CascView program from Ladislav Zezula is corrupting the installation. It pretty clearly worked after the reinstall until I ran that program.
But, I downloaded it within an hour or two of the PTR's release. I might not have the latest version.

Actually, when I try running it again, the evidence for my previous statement is inconclusive.

Edit: The CascView software does cause the trouble, but only if you run it at the same time as the game. So, I was able to run it, close it, and open the game, and the installation was fine. That's why I edited this message to say my results were inconclusive, at first. But it *is* true that the problem occurs if both of these pieces of software are used at the same time.

Last edited:
It's possible that it is similar to how older fan-based MPQ software would read/write lock the MPQs, and then you couldn't run the game until you closed the fan MPQ software. There appears to be a similar bug with the CASC viewer program, except that if you try to start the game while the CASC viewer has the read/write lock on the data, then the game installation becomes corrupted. And it remains in this state even after the CASC viewer is closed and no longer running on the system, and remains in this state even after a reboot.

The "Repair" button on the launcher fixed the installation for me also.

Edit: So, it seemed as though if I never run the CASC viewer and the game at the same time, then there is never a problem.
If I run the CASC Viewer at the same time as the Launcher's repair, it gives the following error:

Two conflicting actions happened at the same time. Please wait a few minutes and try again.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 70
Im talking about the autocast AI. Its made so a unit will autocast its buff on any unit thats not affected by a buff using the same base ability ID. Will this change mean the AI will autocast the same ability-base with different buffs now?
I'm not sure about that but I guess you'll probably have to code it yourself.

Level 5
common.j used to present animation type by string:
Code:
         QueueDestructableAnimation  takes destructable d, string whichAnimation returns nothing
         SetDestructableAnimation    takes destructable d, string whichAnimation returns nothing
         SetDestructableAnimationSpeed takes destructable d, real speedFactor returns nothing
         QueueUnitAnimation          takes unit whichUnit, string whichAnimation returns nothing
         SetUnitAnimation            takes unit whichUnit, string whichAnimation returns nothing
         SetUnitAnimationWithRarity  takes unit whichUnit, string whichAnimation, raritycontrol rarity returns nothing
         AddUnitAnimationProperties  takes unit whichUnit, string animProperties, boolean add returns nothing
SetDoodadAnimation       takes real x, real y, real radius, integer doodadID, boolean nearestOnly, string animName, boolean animRandom returns nothi
SetDoodadAnimationRect   takes rect r, integer doodadID, string animName, boolean animRandom returns nothing
Why do we need a new animtype? Doesn't it spoil the consistency of JASS?

Last edited:
Has anyone assessed what "support" for vJass means? Does it mean that World Editor now compiles with JassHelper by default instead of its usual thing, without any third party intervention?

Which version of JassHelper? 0.A.2.B or one of the more updated ones like Cohadar's?

Does it also incorporate TESH or are we still lacking syntax highlighting?

Level 15
You can toggle JassHelper, vJASS, optimizer and debug mode in a new menu.
JassHelper and vJASS are enabled by default.

Not sure which version it uses.

Syntax highlighter still lacking.

Level 14
Why do we need a new animtype? Doesn't it spoil the consistency of JASS?

Using animations via string has always been unreliable so we used animation index winch are unique to each model.
Thus, it's better that way since you safely create systems that will use animations without having to worry if the animation index you are using will be consistent for all units using the system.

@Bribe
Currently JH is incorporated to the editor as it is to WEX.
The version shipped is the latest Vexorian's one. It would be better to have the possibility to switch to the cohadar's one if wanted like JNGP 2 allowed us to do.
For now you can switch the JH manually.

Level 14
Hmmm, nice changes but replacement of MPQs with Casc is slightly concerning to me, in terms of tools that used them, because i believe that all paths are exacly the same so assets and skins, models using ingame textures will be all fine, but tools like disarm, magos's model editor, MDLvis, Matrix eater will all break if someone doesnt have older version of the game(which i do so it wouldnt be much of the problem for me personally), which would be majority of people who use single version of the game. Solution could be implementation of mpqs in legacy folder like you once did in one of the patches ....around 1.28...... It would only increase game's weight by around 1gb and would solve the problem while you have that new archive system from more modern games that probably makes things easier to update i presume.
Update looks great aside of that little concern. Keep the good work up :)

Level 5
Using animations via string has always been unreliable so we used animation index winch are unique to each model.
Thus, it's better that way since you safely create systems that will use animations without having to worry if the animation index you are using will be consistent for all units using the system.
err.. Actually I am glad to have a new type for animation. I mean we can have new functions like this:
Code:
QueueDestructableAnimationByType  takes destructable d, animtype whichAnim returns nothing
SetUnitAnimationByType            takes unit whichUnit, animtype whichAnim returns nothing
to take full advantage of the new animtype.

Level 6
Nice update.
The vjass addition was slightly teased by the poll which language is used most but still supriesed me a bit:gg:.
I would really appreciate a syntax highlighter inside the standart Trigger editor soon.
Also any kind of library to look up for functions and their description inside the editor itself would be a nice addition too.

Maybe a option to switch between a GUI and a plain (V)Jass text editor could be good.
The GUI editor is like the standart editor we have atm. and the (V)Jass editor get the highlighting and library ect.,
when you create a trigger inside the (V)Jass editor you just enter the trigger name and it creates an empty template for you that you can fill in everything you want.

Or there could be a new trigger type to create "(V)Jass Trigger" with all the additions from above and the actuall Trigger will be renamned to "GUI Trigger".
That would save the step to need to convert always the Trigger to text.

keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.