• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Phoenix (Re-Classic)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Phoenix

281369-b07c4e04a9b54eef8ee4f823921a72bb.png
281370-c3c0f8ce625958653fff36eb5874ec83.png

Background Story:
Phoenixes are powerful, bird-like fire elementals summoned by mages. They burn with such intensity that they damage both themselves and nearby enemies. When a phoenix dies, it creates an egg that will hatch into a new phoenix. The phoenix is the most powerful spell able to be cast by a potent blood mage.
Reference:
lemon-sky-studios-warcraft3reforged-concept-phoenix.jpg
Author's Notes
Updates
  • Added Phoenix A
Previews
Contents

Phoenix (Re-Classic) (Model)

Phoenix A (Model)

Level 63
IMO the team colour would work best on all pink-purple edges of the feathers and stuff as for instance yellow is hardly if at all seen due to the FX on the chest/neck.
Transparent and TC can't be mixed so that's not gonna work, unless I make it like my frost wyrm which would require me to edit and create a new pair of wings and feathers from scratch.

Bawbz

Hosted Project: SB
Level 13
I have added a new version I hope it works for you now.

Thanks for this, it's much appreciated.

I do however agree with Deepstrasz on some level. I think rather than a large blotch on the back, it might look better if it were more spread out on the unit. For example, the tail feathers are prime real estate for some TC.

One more point of feedback: I think the portrait looks a little derpy. I've attached some suggested alterations to show what I mean.

Regardless, great work!

Attachments

• suggestion.png
    suggestion.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 9