• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Question and Request

Which map type sounds better?

• Tower Defense

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Open RPG

• Linear RPG

• Massive Man Slaughter (with lots of uber custom spells)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Note: New Custom Spell Maker
(Just went through basic tutorial)

Question: How do you make a spell deal damage instead of healing?

Question: How do you make a spell randomly use (insert spell or projectile effect here) around the caster also dealing damage in the blast radius.

Request: Trying to find a skill that makes a line of FlameStrikes in front of the caster moving straight from the caster in one direction, or in all four directions :?.

Request: Also trying to find a skill that uses Mortor Projectile Death effect starting around the caster in a circle moving away while dealing damage.

Edit: Why isn't my healing spell from the tutorial not ... healing :?:

Level 3
Question: How do you make a spell deal damage instead of healing?
in the world editor, where the amount of life gained is determined, click the field with shift held down. now you can enter negative values. note that for units at full health: they can't be healed, so you won't be able to damage them either.

Question: How do you make a spell randomly use (insert spell or projectile effect here) around the caster also dealing damage in the blast radius.
you will need to use triggers. what exactly do you want to do?

Request: Trying to find a skill that makes a line of FlameStrikes in front of the caster moving straight from the caster in one direction, or in all four directions.
please don't, that will cause lag, for sure!

Request: Also trying to find a skill that uses Mortor Projectile Death effect starting around the caster in a circle moving away while dealing damage.
download one of the several nova spells from this site and change the model file.

Edit: Why isn't my healing spell from the tutorial not ... healing?
please be more specific.

Level 2
Reply to Question 1 and Edit:
When I use Unit - Set Life of (picked unit) to (life of picked unit)) there seem to be no values to enter, so that replys to damaging units and healing units.

Reply to Question 2:
Basically I want a spell animation to be uses in random places around the caster, and any creeps in the blast receive damage.

Reply to Question 3:
How 'bout ThunderClap Effect?

Level 3
reply to Reply to Question 2:
Basically I want a spell animation to be uses in random places around the caster, and any creeps in the blast receive damage.

you should take a look at the frozen field spell in the spell section, i think that spell works like that.

Reply to Reply to Question 1 and Edit:
When I use Unit - Set Life of (picked unit) to (life of picked unit)) there seem to be no values to enter, so that replys to damaging units and healing units.

you have to change the (life of picked unit) to arithmetic, that means you have then -> Set Life of (picked unit) to (1.00 + 1.00))

then change the first 1.00 to Unit - Property so that you have then -> Unit - Set Life of (picked unit) to ((life of picked unit) + (1.00)).
now you can go crazy and change the + and the 1.00 in what you need it.

i hope this explanation was good enough, i cant explain very good but i hope you understand

if you want healing and damaging you have to work with if/then/else functions
example:
if picked unit is ally of x then Set Life of (picked unit) to ((life of picked unit) + (1.00))

if picked unit is not ally of x then Set Life of (picked unit) to ((life of picked unit) - (1.00))

Level 2
example:
if picked unit is ally of x then Set Life of (picked unit) to ((life of picked unit) + (1.00))

if picked unit is not ally of x then Set Life of (picked unit) to ((life of picked unit) - (1.00))

How do you make it heal allies ONLY?

Level 3

use just this one, it will automaticly ignore all the picked units that are not friends of you.

if more questions just ask.
i hope that was the answer you were looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.