• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Replace Internal Sound plays in Editor but not Ingame

Level 3
Hi Hive,

the good Thing in 4 similar Threads everyone agreed its this: 22050 Hz, 16 bits, Mono for a .wav Audiodata when replacing Internal Sound.
Didnt work for me but maybe some of my Steps were wrong:

Guess 1: Is it relevant what kind of output file was used? I converted an mp3 file via a conversion site into the wav files recommended above with the properties mentioned. Do i have to start with a wav File? Converting mp3 --> 22050 Hz, 16 bits, Mono .wav is the Error?
Guess 2: i have no Clue what this is: pcm_s16le pcm_s24le pcm_s32le copy Audio Codec. When using the Converting i used the pcm_s16le since it was the set Standard and i dont know what would be the difference. Is this the Error that stops the Sound from Playing Ingame?
Guess 3: Inside the Worldeditor the replaced File ( In Soundeditor) is under Imports with the Path chosen for example: Units\Undead\EvilArthas\EvilArthasYes4.wav
However the Old File is still there and cant be deleted. is that a Problem?
I did:
  • Find a desired audio track and cut out the Part wanted as mp3
  • Using Online Converter to change it into Wav with 22050 Hz, 16 bits, Mono
  • Via Worldeditor using Replace Internal Sound with the Wav data. Test it works
  • Ingame the Soundfile is muted when activated

Although inexperienced I found the explanations in the Forum to be clear and it has worked for others with the same question. Pls help to understand where i fucked up.

Level 3
Can you try with the mp3 without conversion perhaps? You just need to import it manually with the right path and rename it to .wav instead of .mp3, you can fool the editor this way and mp3s are much lighter
awesome it works! perfect! after all this trying and extra its just this and it works like a charm just imported mp3 and changed path.

i try the import as wav later and hope that works too. at least now it function properly