• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Resident Evil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
.. well you didnt tell me lol
When i asked you about interfaces and images and stuff like that you said something like we got to concentrate on the gameplay and actual map first, then do those other things last. which is a good point. heh

Here you go. The proportions are not quite right though, but I'll let you deal with that ;)

Attachments

• ResidentEvil-v2.png
    ResidentEvil-v2.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 152
Level 5
Looks promising, almost everything is WIP and stable right? but then I suggest the ending music to be nocturne from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night...or the basic ending music from Shingetsutan Tsukihime.

Well, we already have a basic music track for the map, though its not the best.. importing many other music tracks kind of takes space, but if you think its really good and suitable, show some samples and ill give it a try =)

Btw, all sounds imported im changing to 16kbps, makes them alot smaller :)

Heres the music were using atm btw, if anyones got anything better, let me know =) this is the best i could come up with lol

Attachments

• resimusic4.mp3
    43.6 KB · Views: 65
Level 6
It's just the ending....It depends on how you end the game in whatsoever might ever happen.

But if you base your ending on the entire city getting blown up? ignore the music i uploaded because it will NEVER, EVER, FIT!!

Attachments

• Shingetsutan_Tsukihime_-_Rinne_no_Hate_Ni.mp3
    4 MB · Views: 36
  • 10-nocturne.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 55

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You need the piano music for the save rooms if you'll have them.

Level 3
Music is a horrendoes waste of space :(, ive just finished the vision on the first floor. I have mid terms this week but im thinking hopefully a playtest in like 2 weeks

Level 5
Yeah it can be rage, although the main track so far now, is only 40kb.. and thats for 20 seconds. Perhaps a second 10 second piano clip which can repeat for safe areas, would add a good feeling when you know your safe.. for now :p

And, no craka, were not sure what models to use as the characters yet, we need one for the male characters(chris, barry etc) and one for the female characters(jill and rebecca)

When it comes to bosses, we have a few, Yawn is just going to be a big worm obviosly ^_^, plant42 will be tentacle with alot of doodads and such around it, as it cant move, would look as its part of the model. Tyrant, not to sure yet, was thinking of flesh golem untill find something better. Black Tiger is a spider model ofcourse. theres a few things missing here and there though.

Level 3
Id prefer not to get a whole custom model for something that appears once in the game, bit hopefully can get a good skin or something.

Level 5
Right, well its been a while since any update, so..
Firstly were done quite alot of the cameras.. the system seems to work great too so =]
shortly we will start working on items and gameplay =] some items will stack ofcourse, like ammo.
Though im still trying to think of how to make items on tables and such..

Got any questions just ask like =]]

Level 5
hmm thats an idea, you would have to have a normal attack that can only hit destructables.. and id need to find some way of hiding it too else it looks.. ugly?
what if say.. you cant pick the item up though? say your inventory is full.

Level 5
sorry bout that, progress has slowed down alot tbh, im blaming it on christmas though =)
but, i have spent alot of time over the last few weeks on cameras, which are kind of really annoying to make, i know =/ its not that much for a few weeks lol, but anyway, i promise a really big update before christmas of how things are going, screenshots, problems, and all that sort of stuff you can think of :)

Level 3
Yea your RE map looks ownage i hope it comes out soon =D

You sould make like a nother screen pop up and it has all of your items on it... if thats even doable. but it would be OWNAGE!

Level 5
Yes there should be a test in the near future, i was thinking about after new year, cause i go to holland for new year, so after would be pretty good time?

also, yeah we though of making an onscreen inventory thing, but u wouldnt be able to see whats going on and all that, so u cud technicly get eaten lol

Level 25
Yeah but... in the game it pauses everything while you're in the inventory.

How about moving the unit out of the map while you're looking through your inventory or make the unit invulnerable for the time you are searching your inventory until you return from the inventory.

~Craka_J

Level 5
then you get little problems and glitches though, theres more than this but for example, 2 guys in a room, therees some zombies, guy gets traped, he goes into inventory, so the zombies wil go for the other guy instead now, then he goes inventory and the other comes out, then he shoots them, etc, theres loads of possibilities if you think of it =/

Level 5
well if i made an inventory thing like said, you would need it to hold your items and such, wouldnt be very handy if you couldnt say.. use an item when you really need to, or switch guns, or combine some herbs, use a key, or so, when you realy need too, because theres a zombie nearby..

safe rooms will have something similar though, players will be able to store items in a box, (which will come onscreen, like an inventory thing), all save rooms can access the same items, so you can store items in there for later use instead of carrying around, players will share so if a player leaves or dies, items they put in are still acessable to other players.

files and manuals and other sorts you would get in the game inventory, are going to be on quests.. incase i havent said yet, it seems the best place to keep them.

Maps.. im not quite sure yet, i think chainer came up with an idea of an image of it the map somewhere on the map that your screen looks at when you want to look at a map, but if anyone got any ideas for that, id like to hear them please :)
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.