• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Reviving Old Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im working with one of my friends in a old map called 12 kingdoms.

For thouse who dont know this map it is a strategic bounty based game that requieres mircro skills with heros and units wich obtain abilitys.
Twelve Kingdoms close to each other connected by different paths wich contains many usefull quest for the strategy.

We r trying to make it balance as well and redo terrain, most of the basic work is alrdy done but we r looking for skilled ppl to work with us in it.

This project is RoC, maybe that would limit ur skill with the editor.

We are looking more than other in:

Trigger maker ( with experience in JASS ofc)
Spell maker

We could aslo add a Terrainer
For terrainer we are just trying to make a nice terrain but simple. Not Epic one. (THIS IS NOT A RPG MAP) :D

Here some screenshots of some edits from the 1st beta version.
as u can see not a epic terrain, more usefull than nothing atleast for first versions.

Greens new base.jpg Mines canon edit.jpg

DG new base.jpg ALL MAP.jpg

And also u can join this project with ur ideas.

If u can do any of this.Then feel free to post here and add or name some of ur projects, so we can see what u can do.

Level 14
"mircro skills", what's micro skills?

"with experience in JASS ofc", GUI isn't bad too use eighter.
That would actually maybe give you more people too join your project.

It's Good that you have been taken Screenshots,
and you did give some information, but how much of the map has been made?
Is it possible too play it at the moment?

( I gave you +REP ! )

Level 11

For thouse who dont know this map it is a strategic bounty based game that requieres mircro skills with heros and units wich obtain abilitys.
Twelve Kingdoms close to each other connected by different paths wich contains many usefull quest for the strategy.

We r trying to make it balance as well and redo terrain, most of the basic work is alrdy done but we r looking for skilled ppl to work with us in it.

Spell maker

For terrainer we are just trying to make a nice terrain but simple. Not Epic one. (THIS IS NOT A RPG MAP) :D

as u can see not a epic terrain, more usefull than nothing atleast for first versions.

View attachment 86345 View attachment 86346

View attachment 86347 View attachment 86348

If u can do any of this.Then feel free to post here and add or name some of ur projects, so we can see what u can do.
I would like to apply as a terrainer or GUI triggerer but GUI wasnt in your jobs :/.

Level 2

Spell maker

View attachment 86345 View attachment 86346

View attachment 86347 View attachment 86348

I still don't understand why is this project RoC. The Frozen Throne expansion gives more feedom to everyone. And, no offense, but some of the screenshots look really bad.

Level 2
RoC = More Players Able to play Your Map

Well, let's say I have shop of shoes. Will I take high quality shoes but also take them more expensive or make low quality shoes but with very low price? I I take ones with low price, people will be amazed by such a low price and buy them. But due to their low quality, shoes will tear apart and customers will never buy them from me again. And if I take high quality ones, a little less people will buy, but they will be amazed by quality and tell other people to buy shoes from me.

No, I'm not saying Reign of Chaos maps are not good, but The Frozen Throne maps are generally better because of more modding possibilities (there are, of course, exceptions). And when I say maps, I mean more "professional" maps, not these made by newbies.

~Revan

Last edited:
Level 11
Well, let's say I have shop of shoes. Will I take high quality shoes but also take them more expensive or make low quality shoes but with very low price? I I take ones with low price, people will be amazed by such a low price and buy them. But due to their low quality, shoes will tear apart and customers will never buy them from me again. And if I take high quality ones, a little less people will buy, but they will be amazed by quality and tell other people to buy shoes from me.

No, I'm not saying Regn of Chaos maps are not good, but The Frozen Throne maps are generally better because of more modding possibilities (there are, of course, exceptions). And when I say maps, I mean more "professional" maps, not these made by newbies.

~Revan
You don't understand originality do you?

Level 14

No, I'm not saying Reign of Chaos maps are not good, but The Frozen Throne maps are generally better because of more modding possibilities (there are, of course, exceptions). And when I say maps, I mean more "professional" maps, not these made by newbies.

~Revan

I can Hardly understand anything youre saying.. Many people
have made good Maps that works for RoC.

Level 21
Such a lie, all advanced triggers from TFT don't work in ROC ;)... did you know that? If you add a wrong trigger, the map doesn't work anymore under only ROC!!! Oh men... I hope I flashed you not too much...

TFT has a wider variety of triggers (by around 10000%), you can use any aspect of warcraft with TFT... the terrains are better and there is more... what else?

Level 4
God. . this isnt why figth for a game.. and srry to let u all know this late but project is dead now.

who said terrain of it isnt great ? yeh i know we didnt made epic shit for that one.
and for the ones who say tft is better than roc.

its true about some spells/systems but u can do almost all that shit in roc too now
and for terrain. yeah terrain is alot better in tft. but i would like to see a real terrain without imported models.

For you redscores ur terrain is good but almost all ur screenshots got imported doodads. wich is cool but isnt the best u can do with the editor.

Darthrevan u dont have to talk about how bad/good r the screenshots when the project was kinda simple on terrain and also if u compare that with any tft map for sure it suck.

Level 4
Oh btw the project is dead for many reasons but the main reason is bc of time.

Why roc and no tft ? we made this project long ago in tft there was 40% maybe 50% done it was huge project with 10000% better terrain, and no im not posting any screenshots of it. cuz that one is dead too.

Level 14
Such a lie, all advanced triggers from TFT don't work in ROC ;)... did you know that? If you add a wrong trigger, the map doesn't work anymore under only ROC!!! Oh men... I hope I flashed you not too much...

TFT has a wider variety of triggers (by around 10000%), you can use any aspect of warcraft with TFT... the terrains are better and there is more... what else?

You can easily import new Terrain in RoC, doodads and stuff like that, all can be put in the map..

And if you know how too work with JASS or convert GUI into JASS then the triggers will work for RoC too.

And no, you didnt flash me.

Status
Not open for further replies.