• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Road to Damnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
LM.jpg
Story and Features.png

CopyOfKTSpells.png

Last CAMPAIGN Update: (2019.08.11 22:31)
I'm currently reworking the campaign, was not satisfied with the gameplay and story overall. Currently on map 1, but I'm going for better quality than quantity this time, I've learnt from the mistakes of Blizzard. Lol

/Last version/ THE CAMPAIGN: Road to Damnation v0.9

Note: I had to upload the file to media fire, because the file size reached the maximum size.

Attachments

• ScreenEight.png
    ScreenEight.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 757
  • ScreenEleven.png
    ScreenEleven.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 3,169
  • ScreenFive.png
    ScreenFive.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 799
  • ScreenFour.png
    ScreenFour.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 3,342
  • ScreenNine.png
    ScreenNine.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 645
  • ScreenOne.png
    ScreenOne.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 3,091
  • ScreenSeven.png
    ScreenSeven.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 616
  • ScreenSix.png
    ScreenSix.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 3,078
  • ScreenTen.png
    ScreenTen.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 546
  • ScreenThree.png
    ScreenThree.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 536
  • ScreenTwo.png
    ScreenTwo.png
    3 MB · Views: 649
Last edited:
Uhm, why you ask this? :eek:
I mean there are no screenshots, no progress showed, not a good presentation, not enough information on how much the project is going on and the overall info and no map file (if you want to share). This kind of presentation does not help your project being developed nicely since you will not receive any feedbacks and constructive comments. Therefore, make a better presentation, not just two pics. :]

Level 29
Dude!

I wish you the BEST of luck in this campaign! I MEAN IT!

If you want a beta-tester, a lore-supporter, someone that will look for models and other resources, count me in!

I have been waiting for years for someone to make this campaign! Kel'Thuzad has always been one of my favorite Warcraft characters!

Dude!

I wish you the BEST of luck in this campaign! I MEAN IT!

If you want a beta-tester, a lore-supporter, someone that will look for models and other resources, count me in!

I have been waiting for years for someone to make this campaign! Kel'Thuzad has always been one of my favorite Warcraft characters!
Thank you! :) I will do my best.

Level 29
I the campaign, i will create some "non-lore copy lines" (in the first maps), those are just beginning the campaign at Dalaran/Hillsbrad Foothills and (maybe?) Alterac. And just after that the story will continue how it needs to continue. :psmile:

Understood.

If you need ideas for missions, abilities and maps just ask.

Since I am making both a campaign and a story slightly centered on Kel'Thuzad too, I might provide you help on a thing or two

Level 5
I the campaign, i will create some "non-lore copy lines" (in the first maps), those are just beginning the campaign at Dalaran/Hillsbrad Foothills and (maybe?) Alterac. And just after that the story will continue how it needs to continue. :psmile:

Honestly, this is one of the stories that you can try to keep it close lore-wise and also make stuff up. Mostly since we don't really that many things of Kel'thuzad before we met him in The Scourge of Lordaeron. All we know is that he was once a mighty mage of Dalaran(if I remember well enough in the council) and then he went to the frozen wastes and came back as a necromancer. There are so many things that can be done with the lacks of story in this that it's pretty much an open gate for creativity.

Level 29
Honestly, this is one of the stories that you can try to keep it close lore-wise and also make stuff up. Mostly since we don't really that many things of Kel'thuzad before we met him in The Scourge of Lordaeron. All we know is that he was once a mighty mage of Dalaran(if I remember well enough in the council) and then he went to the frozen wastes and came back as a necromancer. There are so many things that can be done with the lacks of story in this that it's pretty much an open gate for creativity.

Precisely.

Kel'Thuzad is one of the characters that probably changed Azeroth the most. He pretty much destroyed Lordaeron, helped in Arthas' corruption, was the sole reason for the destruction of Quel'Thalas, summoned Archimonde, saved Arthas from Sylvanas (allowing Arthas to become the new Lich King), corrupted both Alexandros and Darion Morgraine...

And yet we know nearly nothing about him. His past, why he was more open-minded than others concerning necromancy... While Blizzard seems to enjoy giving more details regarding Arthas, Jaina, Thrall, Varian, Anduin, Garrosh we know nearly nothing about Kel'Thuzad and other villains.

@HungaryMaster (Magyar) Just to be clear, will this campaign will go from Kel'Thuzad's past to where? Kel'Thuzad joining the Lich King? Him being killed by Arthas?

Last edited:
Precisely.

Kel'Thuzad is one of the characters that probably changed Azeroth the most. He pretty much destroyed Lordaeron, helped in Arthas' corruption, was the sole reason for the destruction of Quel'Thalas, summoned Archimonde, saved Arthas from Sylvanas (allowing Arthas to become the new Lich King), corrupted both Alexandros and Darion Morgraine...

And yet we know nearly nothing about him. His past, why he was more open-minded than others concerning necromancy... While Blizzard seems to enjoy giving more details regarding Arthas, Jaina, Thrall, Varian, Anduin, Garrosh we know nearly nothing about Kel'Thuzad and other villains.

@HungaryMaster (Magyar) Just to be clear, will this campaign will go from Kel'Thuzad's past to where? Kel'Thuzad joining the Lich King? Him being killed by Arthas?
Good Point. Everything is lore-wise except the first maps, because i'm not 100% sure about that line. I search it on many forums but i find nothing precise. I create a non 100% but enjoyable and interesting first maps. Aand i hope everyone will like it :D

Level 29
Good Point. Everything is lore-wise except the first maps, because i'm not 100% sure about that line. I search it on many forums but i find nothing precise. I create a non 100% but enjoyable and interesting first maps. Aand i hope everyone will like it :D

Here is an idea.

Kel'Thuzad was on Dalaran when Teron Gorefiend and Deathwing stole the Eye of Dalaran. He witnessed the necromancy of the death knights and became fascinated, plus he realized just how inferior were the Kirin Tor mages.

@HungaryMaster (Magyar) Check this trailer

Last edited:
Level 29
Thank you! I had an idea that the third map could be a dalaran (defensive) mission. And after that Kel'Thuzad make a way to Northrend. Right?

Nope.
The attack on Dalaran occured 10 years before Kel'Thuzad went to Northrend

Time between Second War and the events of Beyond the Dark Portal: 2 years
Time between Beyond the Dark Portal and Road to Damnation: ~7 to 10 years
Time between Road to Damnation to the events of Warcrat III: 3 years

Level 29
I just checked the new abilities.

Is it lore-wise to give Kel'Thuzad only fire-base abilities? He is an Archmage and a member of the Council of Six. He should have a mixture of abilities around Fire, Ice, Arcane, etc...

My ideas:
-Either giving him a spell, all of different types of magic
Or
-Giving him spellbook-like abilities
Let me explain: one ability is called "Art: Fire" you click and you can use several fire spells (Fire Bolt, Flamestrike, etc...). Each level grants you stronger versions of the spells.

Last edited:
I just checked the new abilities.

Is it lore-wise to give Kel'Thuzad only fire-base abilities? He is an Archmage and a member of the Council of Six. He should have a mixture of abilities around Fire, Ice, Arcane, etc...

My ideas:
-Either giving him a spell, all of different types of magic
Or
-Giving him spellbook-like abilities
Let me explain: one ability is called "Art: Fire" you click and you can use several fire spells (Fire Bolt, Flamestrike, etc...). Each level grants you stronger versions of the spells.
I can give him the mage-base abilities like: Arcane Blast - Scorch - Frost Armor - Ice Block?

Level 29
I support the spellbook version. Maybe give him low-level necromancy too, since that's what got him into the whole mess, and these abilities are the ones that grow stronger over the campaign.

He will got a raise dead ability at the maps when he will close to Northrend.

Before he joined the Lich King, the best he could do was raising dead rats and they died seconds later.

Level 29
That needs to be in a cutscene.

This is explained in "Road to Damnation" and in a conversation with Helcular.

He showed Helcular necromancy by raising a critter. The critter dies seconds later and Kel'Thuzad says that he was still working on "minor details"

I plan that the first undead scene is at the second map, when Kel'Thuzad reaches a field with full of green smoke (Fog_Saurok01.mdx Wow smoke model), he will get nausea and starts seeing illusions of undead. Then the nausea will fading and he finally reaches Southshore, where Antonidas "sent" him to see with his own eyes that the misterious crystal really exists (Ashbringer) and when Alexandros got the crystal and get away with them, Kel'Thuzad will speak with Helcular what he experienced withing the "smoke".

Exactly:
Kel'Thuzad says: Keep your voice down, Helcular. Strangers abound...
Helcular nods.
Helcular says: So you can teach me this...this...
Kel'Thuzad says: Necromancy. It is called necromancy. And yes, I have it within my power to bless you with this gift.
Helcular says: And the Kirin Tor? What have they to say of necromancy?
Kel'Thuzad says: That is none of your concern, Helcular, as you are neither Kirin Tor nor a necromancer.
Kel'Thuzad says: But to be perfectly frank, I do not give a damn what the Kirin Tor think! They are fools, set in their archaic ways.
Helcular says: Then teach me, Kel'Thuzad. Teach me everything you know...
Kel'Thuzad nods.
Kel'Thuzad says: In due time, Helcular... All in due time...
If the pair encounter the Captured Critter that has been killed by the children Sally Whitemane and Renault Mograine then Kel'Thuzad continues.
Kel'Thuzad says: Come, Helcular, let me give you a small taste...
Kel'Thuzad utters some unintelligible words.
The critter is brought back to life.
Kel'Thuzad says: Now do you see, Helcular? Do you doubt the power? I control life!
Kel'Thuzad says: And death...
The critter dies again.
Kel'Thuzad says: I'm still working out some minor details...

Level 29
Exactly:
Kel'Thuzad says: Keep your voice down, Helcular. Strangers abound...
Helcular nods.
Helcular says: So you can teach me this...this...
Kel'Thuzad says: Necromancy. It is called necromancy. And yes, I have it within my power to bless you with this gift.
Helcular says: And the Kirin Tor? What have they to say of necromancy?
Kel'Thuzad says: That is none of your concern, Helcular, as you are neither Kirin Tor nor a necromancer.
Kel'Thuzad says: But to be perfectly frank, I do not give a damn what the Kirin Tor think! They are fools, set in their archaic ways.
Helcular says: Then teach me, Kel'Thuzad. Teach me everything you know...
Kel'Thuzad nods.
Kel'Thuzad says: In due time, Helcular... All in due time...
If the pair encounter the Captured Critter that has been killed by the children Sally Whitemane and Renault Mograine then Kel'Thuzad continues.
Kel'Thuzad says: Come, Helcular, let me give you a small taste...
Kel'Thuzad utters some unintelligible words.
The critter is brought back to life.
Kel'Thuzad says: Now do you see, Helcular? Do you doubt the power? I control life!
Kel'Thuzad says: And death...
The critter dies again.
Kel'Thuzad says: I'm still working out some minor details...

Precisely. The best he could do was raising a critter for a few seconds. Most likely because he lacked proper sources from which he could learn more.

Level 28
Cool.

Does he ever talk with orc warlocks to understand how they do it?

Dammit, now I have this image of Kel'thuzad as a teenager performing unholy experiments in his parents' garage.

KEEEEEL! Did you clean your room?

I'm rewriting the very laws of magic here, Mom!

Your rats again? I'm warning you, if they're still in your room by tomorrow I'm throwing them out!

But Moooooooooom!

*laugh track*

Level 29
Cool.

Does he ever talk with orc warlocks to understand how they do it?

The warlocks that survived Doomhammer's purge were turned into death knights. Those that weren't killed during the war joined Teron Gorefiend and went through the Dark Portal.

Level 29
Maybe one got through, or even one from the First War who's been in hiding.

I doubt it. The surviving warlocks, if there were, would have been
-Hunted down by Doomhammer
-Went alongside Gul'dan to the Tomb of Sargeras where they were either slaughtered by the demons or the Blackrock Clan or left with Cho'gall
-Killed during the war
-Went alongside Teron Gorefiend through the Dark Portal
-Killed by the other orcs since the warlocks betrayed the Horde alongside Gul'dan

If there are any survivors, they most likely belong to the Blackrock Clan, or at least the group that appears during the Human Campaign in Reign of Chaos

Level 28
Yeah, but he still lacks an AoE damage spell until he has his ultimate.

Here's an idea: he actually starts out with all his mage spells learned, but as he gets corrupted by Ner'zhul those spells lose power (and his necromantic spells gain power), the way Arthas loses spells in Frozen Throne's campaign. So he'd have a spellbook with his necromancer spells (starts out with an Animate Dead that only targets critters and lasts five seconds), and the end of the campaign he can no longer cast his previous spells, so all his hero spells are the necromancy ones (so he no longer needs the spellbook).

Level 29
Yeah, but he still lacks an AoE damage spell until he has his ultimate.

Here's an idea: he actually starts out with all his mage spells learned, but as he gets corrupted by Ner'zhul those spells lose power (and his necromantic spells gain power), the way Arthas loses spells in Frozen Throne's campaign. So he'd have a spellbook with his necromancer spells (starts out with an Animate Dead that only targets critters and lasts five seconds), and the end of the campaign he can no longer cast his previous spells, so all his hero spells are the necromancy ones (so he no longer needs the spellbook).

I always wonder about that. Why exactly joining an evil demigod directly implies that he loses all his 'good' powers? He can simply prefer using his new powers.
I don't think the Lich King would actually oppose his followers using whatever type of magic they use, as long these powers were used to crush the living.

Among the Scourge, many use Necromancy, Arcane, Shadow, Unholy, Frost, Fire and even Light!

One example is in the Cataclysm expansion during the Hour of Twilight raid. The final boss is the Archbishop Benedictus, a former member of the Church that joined the Twilight Hammer. During the first phase of the boss fight, he uses Light-based abilities and only in the second phase does he start using Shadow magic.

If I can complete the second map in this night, i will release the Beta of the Campaign until tomorrow.

Sounds good

Last edited:
Level 29
Maybe because he uses solely those powers, or neglects the old ones because necromancy is more rewarding, or because he loses access to whatever Dalaran mages use to keep their powers up while he's trapped in Northrend.

I think it is the first option, because once mages learn spells they can still use them even after leaving the Kirin Tor.

Level 29
My review

First Chapter
-Some grammar fixes needed
-Kel'Thuzad's title should be Archmage
-His voice is too high-pitched
-Kel'Thuzad can't teleport to the other side of the rocks?
-Wow, your Kel'Thuzad's past is even worse than mine!
-Having Kel'Thuzad only reach Level 2 sounds too much. I suggest making him reach Level 3 at least
-The Fire Elemental is in my opinion the best choice. Give one ability to other elementals
-The background music is too loud
-In the Victory Screen, Kel'Thuzad's icon is Green
-I am surprised Kel'Thuzad didn't offer to go to Karazhan, as he was the most interested in studying it
-I think you have the timeline mixed up. You talk about Medivh's betrayal (which occured in the First War) and Alexandros' Orb (which he obtained during the Siege of Blackrock Spire at the end of the Second War)

Second Chapter
-We control two Kel'Thuzads and one is at level 10
-We see orc bodies and Kel'Thuzad still wonders who killed the dwarves?
-We already control the dwarves mountainers at the start of the mission
-Why isn't killing the witch a optional quest?
-After the cinematic, the mountaineers can't reach Kel'Thuzad
-Helcular is an old man, not an elf
-Wait? Was that voice the Lich King? That doesn't make sense!
-You might have to recheck this mission

Last edited:
My review

First Chapter
-Some grammar fixes needed
-Kel'Thuzad's title should be Archmage
-His voice is too high-pitched
-Kel'Thuzad can't teleport to the other side of the rocks?
-Wow, your Kel'Thuzad's past is even worse than mine!
-Having Kel'Thuzad only reach Level 2 sounds too much. I suggest making him reach Level 3 at least
-The Fire Elemental is in my opinion the best choice. Give one ability to other elementals
-The background music is too loud
-In the Victory Screen, Kel'Thuzad's icon is Green
-I am surprised Kel'Thuzad didn't offer to go to Karazhan, as he was the most interested in studying it
-I think you have the timeline mixed up. You talk about Medivh's betrayal (which occured in the First War) and Alexandros' Orb (which he obtained during the Siege of Blackrock Spire at the end of the Second War)
Thank you for your respond. You're right. But what do you think about: "Wow, your Kel'Thuzad's past is even worse than mine"!?
"In the Victory Screen, Kel'Thuzad's icon is Green". In the Victory Screen? What Victory Screen? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.