• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Snipeshot v1.0

Snipeshot
IMPORT GUIDE :
1. Enable "Tick the Automatically create unknown variables ..." located at File>Preference>General
2. Copy the Snipeshot ability in the object editor
3. Import Damage Engine and Line Segment Enumeration*
4. Copy the Snipeshot folder in the trigger editor
5. Configure the SnipeshotConfig trigger (read the instructions carefully)
*for 1.31 users, use the one from test map
SPELL DESCRIPTION :
This unit deals 50% of their damage to units between them and their main target with their armor completely pierced. Only applies to default ranged attacks.
SPELL INFORMATION :
I had used the concept for Darkness Returns II in a triggerless way. However, it is not neat, and has issues with spell resistances. In addition, I sort of liking Morales from Mental Omega, a sniper hero specialized in killing key targets with a line-of-fire system.
MEDIA SHOWCASE :

CHANGELOG :
Version 1.1:
- Changed AfterDamageEvent to PreDamageEvent
- Reconfigure conditions to ensure proper safety and prevent potential recursions
- Added debug messages to validate damage values
- Restructure the unit group to prevent double damage on main target
Version 1.0: Released

CREDIT :
Mentalmeister: Mental Omega 3.x
Contents

Snipeshot v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
Antares
DamageOffset is a confusing name for what this parameter does. I would recommend DamageLineWidth or DamageLineHalfWidth, depending on how it's defined. An optional special effect on the damaged units would be nice. That's my job! 😎 All in all...
You should add the passive tag to this spell.

This is quite an interesting variant for a splash damage attack, but I can't make heads or tails of the config. What does the SnipeS_DamageOffset variable do? It is not the same as the LSE_Offset, because that is hardcoded to be 100 in the SnipeshotRealDamage trigger.

From my understanding of what the ability is supposed to do, if I set the armor pierce to 0, the main target should take the same amount of damage whether the unit has the ability or not. But I find that it still increases the damage dealt to the main target.

Please provide better descriptions for your config and see that all the math is correct.

Awaiting Update

You should add the passive tag to this spell.

This is quite an interesting variant for a splash damage attack, but I can't make heads or tails of the config. What does the SnipeS_DamageOffset variable do? It is not the same as the LSE_Offset, because that is hardcoded to be 100 in the SnipeshotRealDamage trigger.

From my understanding of what the ability is supposed to do, if I set the armor pierce to 0, the main target should take the same amount of damage whether the unit has the ability or not. But I find that it still increases the damage dealt to the main target.

Please provide better descriptions for your config and see that all the math is correct.

Awaiting Update
v1.1:
  • Changed AfterDamageEvent to PreDamageEvent
  • Reconfigure conditions to ensure proper safety and prevent potential recursions
  • Added debug messages to validate damage values
  • Restructure the unit group to prevent double damage on main target

Forgot to add on the changelog since I am rushing the push, but the offset variable is now properly set. Anyway, time for proper commenting.

---

Well, you love to give me a number of headache, Antares :p

Fixed the tag.

Fixed this variable. Must've slipped when I was going to release this.

Yes. The main target got double-damaged (from the main attack and this system) which was fixed in v1.1. It was something from the unit group conditioning that caused it.

All maths are correct, have fun with the log I added :p
I think the comment is sufficient, but if that is mandatory I can make another round of change.

DamageOffset is a confusing name for what this parameter does. I would recommend DamageLineWidth or DamageLineHalfWidth, depending on how it's defined.

An optional special effect on the damaged units would be nice.

Well, you love to give me a number of headache, Antares :p

That's my job! 😎

All in all, nice passive ability.

Approved