• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Starcraft II Wings of Liberty Coop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Cooperative.png

Features:
  • Three Player cooperative gameplay across 26 missions
  • Four Different difficulties (Casual, Normal, Hard, Brutal)
  • Extended bases (No shared control of units)
  • Research system from campaign where Zerg and Protoss research goes over across the maps
  • Mercenaries can be bought and each player will have their own mercenaries
  • Can be played with two or three players (3 recommended)
  • New research
  • New mercenaries
Description:
I've always thought that the Starcraft 2 campaigns would be fun to play in cooperative with friends. I tried doing this project a while ago when I was studying in the University, but I never finished it.
I was a bit afraid that someone would have done this by now, but I looked at the Arcade and Googled and only saw a some maps which mostly were just shared control of the same units.
So, a couple of months ago I thought it would be fun to redo it.. And well, here we are now.
Now with Blizzard releasing Starcraft 2 for free at the 14th November, I got a release date :)
So, if nothing else comes up, I'm aiming for a release on the 14th November.

All maps have their triggers fixed for all 3 players, banking system is in place.
Released. Search for 'Wings of liberty coop' on the arcade to play.

For more info about the upcoming hots campaign, visit our discord!
Discord link

Screenshots:

arcade.png

02.jpg

Extended Bases.png

New research.jpg

secret secrit.jpg

AllIn.PNG

Last edited:
Level 25
Did a test yesterday, I thought the difficulty would be too hard.. It was too easy.
So increasing difficulty for all maps. I might make it in time :)

Also added a new unit for one of the Protoss missions, a ground based detector. Should make the Ninja Dark Templar spam a bit less op.
Screenshot2017-11-09 23_26_47.jpg

Level 20
Well, if it's only for Wings Of Liberty then I guess it might be fine with WoL going free to play, but keep in mind that at least for now their EULA forbids publishing campaign maps on the arcade, so unless they update the EULA, your project might still get shut down.

Level 25
~Soon is coming closer.
Been kinda busy and had to handle a few things in my life.

Right now I need a couple of testers to help me find how insane the difficulty is and to see if the banking system works properly.
If anyone has time to test, people tell me here and I'll pm you my Bnet details. :)

Level 25
It doesn't include the talking to characters on the bridge as that would just be too much of work to do and it would probably just be annoying having to wait for your friends when they watch the briefings, etc :)
It will include the briefings and voice lines of the briefings which you can see at 02:00 here however:

The armory, lab and mercenary purchasing is available ingame.

Level 1
Having a lot of fun, but some bugs to report. I registered on here just to be able to report bugs and contribute though, so good job on a job well done so far! So far we've noticed two main types of issues. One: player ownership of buildings and two: the merc compound.

From what we remember, here's the issues:
In Outbreak, one player ends up with 2 refineries and one ends up with none.
In Cutthroat, one player ended up with another players' two supply depots.
In Devil's Playground: the merc compound became unusable after one player bought ~5 mercs and another who had mercs "upgraded/purchased" didn't buy any.
In The Dig: Neither player with mercs upgraded/purchased could buy mercs in-mission. It may be tied to laser control? Didn't seem usable, but we lost soon after the laser became controllable, so I didn't get a chance to try it out.

Edit: also, if you want me to send you messages to your Bnet account when we play feel free to PM me and we can exchange info. We were on Brutal difficulty until The Evacuation and we switched to Hard. We're not awful, but not amazing players either. Tonight we lost again on The Dig on Hard, but didn't try a second time. Seemed harder than previous missions, but if we try again it might end up very doable, we'll see.

Edit2: OH a big bug I forgot about: As the host, I could buy the "protoss" and "zerg" upgrades after mission-end when the others left, regardless of how many minerals and gas I had. I.e. I had 4 minerals and the upgrades cost 5. I couldn't buy them, but once one of the other players left I could buy as many "protoss" upgrades as I wanted (seemingly). When I clicked it, it deducted the 4 minerals and gave me the upgrade and the mineral cost wasn't red for the next level, so it looks like I could upgrade more. I didn't try it though. I also forgot to ask the others if it worked for them as well. Sorry :/

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Edit2: OH a big bug I forgot about: As the host, I could buy the "protoss" and "zerg" upgrades after mission-end when the others left, regardless of how many minerals and gas I had. I.e. I had 4 minerals and the upgrades cost 5. I couldn't buy them, but once one of the other players left I could buy as many "protoss" upgrades as I wanted (seemingly). When I clicked it, it deducted the 4 minerals and gave me the upgrade and the mineral cost wasn't red for the next level, so it looks like I could upgrade more. I didn't try it though. I also forgot to ask the others if it worked for them as well. Sorry :/
Sounds like a shared resources bug. When a player leaves allies get shared resources with them, giving one access to their minerals and gas.

Level 25
Thanks for the feedback, it really helps me finding all the bugs!

I'm looking into the issues with outbreak and cutthroat missions, the merc compound has been.. troublesome lately but I think I've solved the issue. It is not related to the laser drill. Going to reupload the maps with the updated mod sometime later this week.

The resource sharing.. It's been troublesome, I've set all players to be neutral to each other when a victory is triggered, hopefully it should solve that issue.

I aimed for the difficulties to be a bit higher than what they were in the campaigns as I felt they were pretty lackluster. So brutal will be a lot harder than what it was in the original campaign. But I'm still balancing things so if you feel like something is annoying or should be tuned down or up, just poke at me! :)

I'll pm you later with my bnet account.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hello I really enjoy your work and I would like to ask you if you think you gonna make the same with the HOTS and LOTV campaign ?

Aside it I would like to speak about some improvement:
First when a player get ressources from minerals or gas laying on the map, or with the destruction of the train on the 7 mission, he only get them for himself and his mate don't. It may be to strong if everibody get 100 minerals or gas, so maybe make it 50 minerals or gas for everibody when one is collected, because it often end up with a guy with a lot of ressources and his mates left without anything.

Second I liked to precise you that the thirs choice of the First zerg research doesn't work. I research it and yet I can't sell my buildings.

Third we can exchange minerals it help but could we also exchange gas ? Often one player gonna focus on bio when the othe go mech and the bio player get way to much gas. Vould be interesting to share them.

Four on some map the spaces allowed for the base is way to small. I know it's hard to extend the size of the bases without destroying the map, but we often end up without enought when three of four more Barracks would help a lot.

Five the third zerg upgrade of the t2 feel quiet uselless. The droped turret don't have enought hp to have a real impact. When you compare it to the srenght of the planetary or the flamming turrets it feel kind of sad.

Six point is about the order of the map you maked. I the early we have a lot of map with zerg research and few with protoss one. Could you flip the order of some for equilibrate it in the way where 1 map is with zerg research the other protoss one ?

I still gonna play yours campaign, and point the bugs or default I found, I thanks you again for this awesome work and hope you gonna keep update them !

Level 25
The first research only applies to bunkers, missile turrets and other defensive buildings. I guess I can add it to all buildings too.

I'll look into sharing mineral crates.

I'm conflicted about sharing gas. If I enable sharing gas, it could lead into situations where a player would demand gas from the other players or get angry because they think they could use it better. This is especially for public play with randoms. With non-trading of gas, at least each player gets 2 refs each and can do what they want with it. Bio armies still need upgrades, etc.

For the training buildings, yes I know the space is small but like you said it will destroy the maps if I make them bigger or I will have to enlargen a lot of stuff. My tip is to make sure you use Reactors a lot, get the tech upgrade that removes the need for a Tech Lab for medics and you can get a large bio army with a couple of raxes. Use the mercenary camp too.

I'll see about buffing the turret a bit.

I won't flip the order. It's too much work and I've already tried to balance it with the units that the players have for those maps.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm gonna contact Blizzard about the lotv campaign when I'm done with this one, I want to fix all bugs b4 I do however.
The WoL campaign was free, the others you need to pay money for. Which is why I'm concerned Blizzard wouldn't be all too happy if I gave them away for free on the arcade.

Level 1
Enjoying the Co-Op missions, lots of fun when everyone knows what they're doing haha. A few questions, as I have yet to find answers on it, missions cannot be replayed for research points right? I assume you have to beat each mission? Minerals for research? have yet to find it.

Also, every time I play Media Blitz, the green player's scvs/CC in front will 9/10 times be destroyed by the banshees and constant air barrage. Unless a player knows to expect it, the game will be over. I mean what's more frustrating then rebuilding scvs over and over again?

Level 25
I am planning on adding a reset on the banking system, but no currently there isn't any.
You can replay missions to get any more research points that you missed previously, but no you won't gain any additional as that would allow you to grind a mission and get an unfair advantage in other missions.

I'll see about placing some air blockers in Media Blitz. But yeah, tell the players to drop some missile turrets. With the upgrades of turrets, air waves should counterable. Or better attention to your base ;)

So I finally got around to playing this with a friend and while it's been fun, a few things to consider:

- No shared resource? I'm assuming it's a balance thing but shared resources would allow 2 people to benefit from 3 bases in a more equal way. A lot of the time I was hogging a lot of the resources and had to manually give my ally minerals. Also I might be missing something, but no Vespene trading?
- Shared upgrades. I'm assuming this isn't implemented because each player has their own separate progression tree, but having attack and armour upgrades being shared would be great, even if you have to double or even triple their cost.
- Bunker space - I did not actually test this, so apologies if this is already implemented, but would it be possible to have allies garrison units inside of your bunker and vice versa? I would help when player 1 has the better Firebat attack spread but player 2 has the increased better space.

Good job on the campaigns.

Also Brutal difficulty is disgusting XD They zerg are sooooo OP O_O

Level 25
Good suggestions, but I think they'd be a pain in the ass to have if you're playing with randoms.
Shared minerals = Your ally spends all mins on queuing Marines.
I didn't allow sharing gas as I wanted to prevent someone from hogging all the resources and just "gimme gas I'm better than you".
Shared upgrades could work indeed, maybe sometime in the future.

Bunker space, same as above.. Could probably be annoying if someone puts marines in your bunker and refused to unload them, preventing you from salvaging it.

Anyhow, thanks and yeah, brutal is supposed to be BRUTAL :D

Maybe you could make the shared stuff optional? Like, you select it before the game starts from the side dropdown menu (where the game speed and difficulty are located). I understand that randos can grief, but if you're playing with friends it's a lot better to be able to automatically share things. To be honest I would never play this with a random person :p

Level 35
Maybe you could make the shared stuff optional? Like, you select it before the game starts from the side dropdown menu (where the game speed and difficulty are located). I understand that randos can grief, but if you're playing with friends it's a lot better to be able to automatically share things. To be honest I would never play this with a random person :p

I agree with this, although I cannot say how hard that is to accomplish before starting, so instead perhaps as host choice at map start? Still this is just for adding more awesomeness to the project.

Level 25
I'll see about adding a "Friend mode" choice to the lobby, with it defaulting to off.
I also need to get my ass off and add the reset talent system..

I'll try to get it done this weekend.

EDIT: Added archon mode and shared resources to the lobby, with both disabled as default.
Talent system still in progress.

Also the mod is being translated and uploaded to the Chinese servers, if you have some friends playing there..
星际争霸多人战役模式~未完持续更新_哔哩哔哩 (゜-゜)つロ 干杯~-bilibili

Last edited:
So, shared resources also enables shared unit control. Imo you should make shared resources and shared unit control + shared resource to be separate to avoid any confusion during gameplay. Accidentally controlling your ally's units and only later noticing your Orbital Command can't, in fact, upgrade to a Planetary Fortress because you used your ally's SCV instead of your own can cost you dearly :p (yes it happened, haha).

Level 25
It's at the list of things to do, but will probably not happen in any future. :)
Just because it adds a lot of work to fix.

EDIT: Spent the day adding new upgrades and fixing a reset system, should be done by tomorrow or Tuesday.

Last edited:
Level 35
It's at the list of things to do, but will probably not happen in any future. :)
Just because it adds a lot of work to fix.

EDIT: Spent the day adding new upgrades and fixing a reset system, should be done by tomorrow or Tuesday.

Awesome :smile: Just started a campaign run with some friends, been a blast so far. Now I can also add the extra toppings of shared ress and extra stuff.

Level 25
I've filled the upgrade slots for base, infantry, vehicle and dominion. So now there are over 64 upgrades to choose and be confused about.
I also added a way to clear the bank file which has been requested by a lot of folks.
But there a few minor bugs, so gonna fix them tomorrow. In case someone wonders why the Stimpack doesn't work or such..

Level 25
Wings of Liberty coop has been updated to patch number I don't know:
New features:
  • More than 64 upgrades
  • Existing upgrades tweaked and those that didn't work are now working again
  • Merc compound is filled with units
  • Reset button added to the mission completed, to replay the campaign with new settings
  • Insanity mode for those people who complained that the missions were too easy
  • Archon Mode and Shared Resources game modes added
  • Bugs fixed
  • Bugs added which I've not found yet
Uploaded on all three servers now.

Level 35
Great update - I noticed a bug earlier (which may have been fixed by your latest version (haven't tried it yet)) where my units would randomly get one of the updates that I hadn't selected, which would then either do nothing or vanish after the first use (it was on maps with shared resources on). For instance starting cutthroat and having cloak on me and my friends marines, which would vanish after use. Then restarting the map, we both got the 20dmg weapon ability upgrade on the marines.

If you already fixed a bug like it, then no worries.

(Also in regards to reset upgrade, it would be nice extra with an option to reset all previous choices and allowing to reselect all of them, if you want to keep your current progress in the campaigns, but are regretting a choice). But nonetheless awesome work!

Level 25
Yeah that was me doing the good old public testing :)
The maps use the online version of the mod, as it's required to be uploaded when I want to publish / update a map.
There is a way to use a local version of the mod for testing, but I never got it to work.

So when I want to add a thing in the mod for testing, I have to upload the mod so the maps can use it.
Now the marine ability should require an upgrade which you can purchase from the Dominion upgrades from mission 17.
And the ability should only show up after mission 17.

Level 35
Yeah that was me doing the good old public testing :)
The maps use the online version of the mod, as it's required to be uploaded when I want to publish / update a map.
There is a way to use a local version of the mod for testing, but I never got it to work.

Nice :grin: But yea, its some damn great work you've done and nice to see how things are changing for the better. Both shared ressources and the fixes (for instance not seeing the supply depot upgrade constantly after picking it) is awesome.

Hope that you are still considering the option for sharing bunkers and similar (such as transports) as that would further enhance the cooperation aspect of the maps and make for some interesting plays.

Sharing bunkers and transport would be much welcome for friend mode.

I did encounter a bug when playing the Moebius Factor or w/e it's called (the mission where you have to destroy the Moebius Data Cores before Kerrigan accesses them). I was unable to train Science Vessels and my ally was unable to make the Hercules transport ship or Psi Disruptor. We did have access to purchased Mercs and upgraded Bunkers with Shrike Turrets, so it may be a tech unlock issue.

Otherwise, keep up the good work! Playing this in coop is a lot of fun :D

• Insanity mode for those people who complained that the missions were too easy
jfc xD

Level 2
Registered just for commenting on this project. I literally though "wouldn't it be cool if someone did that", googled it, and yes, someone indeed did that. Great job!

I'm currently enjoying the coop campaign with 2-3 players. Now that we have "Friends forever" (especially helpful for 2 players) gas trading is less of an issue, but it would still be good, like when playing with friends where you don't have problems like "gimme your gas im better". The reduced building space is fine I think, since you have to think more about placement that way. I really like how you replicated the intro sequences seen in the cutscenes in the SP campaign, and give each player their own hero/starting units in some missions, it's obvious that a lot of effort went into this project. A great change from the monotonous Blizzard coop mode.

Bugs:
- On the first Zeratul mission only one of the apprentices has the "view detection radii" ability it seems, Zeratul and the other one doesn't.
- One of our players is playing with german language, and saw an unlocalized string in "The Dig" for the bonus objective text.
- The "shared bunker" didn't seem to work. We tried that on the Reaper mission.
- The bonus objective in the Mira mission displayed "2/2" until we found the last research bonus, when it changed to "3/3" and completed.
- The archon mode is "weird", my ally reported not being able to see our resources etc. I assume that's because it's just shared control.

I'll post more bugs we find as we go :)

Edit: Region is EU

Last edited:
Oh yeah, speaking of the Zeratul missions: since this is played on Arcade and cannot be saved, it would be good to not have an instant defeat when one of the hero units die. My friend and I had to restart the Touch-The-Overmind mission midway because I looked away for 2 seconds and Zeratul got mauled by what I think were burrowed Ultralisks. Normally I'd just reload the last checkpoint, but, yeah, Arcade. Some failure states are excessively punishing. Having the heroes regenerate at a Nexus on death would be ideal.

We had the same issues when playing the first Zeratul mission where even one of the apprentices dying would fail the mission. This was especially trying with 2 players. It might have been better to have one player controlling Zeratul and the others controlling some special stalkers or smthng - but only Zeratul's death results in a defeat. The special Stalkers can self-repair, for example. Just a thought ;)

Level 25
Alrighty, I've changed the Protoss missions some:
Now the missions will only end when Zeratul dies. (Another guy tried doing a checkpoint system for it, but it didn't work)
In mission 13 he will teleport to a nearby friendly Nexus should he fall in battle once, doing it again will however end the mission.

I haven't tested the bunker/medivac loading in MP yet, just in a test map with bots.
I did rename the attribute value to 'Friends Forever', chances are it stopped the abilities from being enabled.
I'll check today.

Currently only the english language is fully supported. While there is an option to remove all non-english languages, I wasn't sure if I wanted to do that as that would remove the original objective texts too.
It's either ONLY english for everything or bad text format for some objectives.
So, what would he or other people want..?

The "view detection radii", was it only one player that had it or was it just one hero per player that had it? Because all three heroes do have the behavior "Hero Detector Radar", could be that Blizzard never made it to be used by multiple heroes at the same time.

I'll add a way to see team resources in archon mode. However the upgrade command will probably still be a bit weird.

Just finished a campaign playthrough with a friend. Some damn good times, even if we quickly concluded that bio armies gained a fairly large advantage over mech based ones. (Oh, and that a skip cutscene option would be nice).
Tanks are OP with their upgrades. +40 damage on hit to primary target, woot woot!

Last edited:
Level 2
About the player with german language: Most (all other?) texts were fine and in english (except cutscene subtitles). The unlocalized text for the bonus objective was only noticed during the upgrade endscreen, don't know if it had been like this before. Since the texts seemed to work everywhere else and were english although the game's language was german I assume that's a bug? I don't know enough about SC2's localization system to recommend either approach, but I'd say being able to see all texts properly is important.

I was the host with Zeratul and an apprentice and the other player had the other one. We agreed that I would play Zeratul and the other player the two other heroes (shared control), but only using Zeratul the radars did not display. Only one of the other heroes allowed me to see detection circles (I clicked each individually).

Some other thoughts, some which I posted before but were not made visible before you posted:

- When playing random missions with random people its tiresome to always tell them to wait until the end for upgrades, maybe display the hint during every loading screen / ending sequence?
- I found that "Devil's Playground" is quite hard on hard difficulty. It's probably fine, just wanted to tell you.

More bugs:
- In the Evacuation Escort mission the crysalis text is a bit broken, the "2/3" has no "[space]("
- The Mira mission has a protoss quest text of "0/3" and then "1/1" when collecting the first one
- Miras base in the "paid enough" sequence is not visible
- In the first mission the intro says there are 4 difficulties when there are 5
- Why have a buildable Merc Compound in the first missions when you can't train any?

Level 25
Mira's base is a bug and will be fixed soon.

I'll go fix the text objectives, nice find!
First mission text.. I'll change it.
I disabled merc compound in the first missions, so it shouldn't show up anymore.
I'll add some hints to the loading screen.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Level 2
Some maps seem allow you to create a new team in the lobby some don't? I assume no map should.

Did you upload new versions today? I played Evacuation & Clean Infestation once with orbital and once without, very weird. I cannot remember when I actually bought it, but I could use it in one game and in another game later I couldn't.
Edit: Marine Shield and Bunker Turret worked later though but so far I don't get orbitals anymore. :(

The orbital in Evacuation Escort seemed to start with very high energy (at least when I got it, as host).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.