• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terraining Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Alright everyone, I actually found my old waterfall (hurrah!) (the new one sucks!) (see page 3)

It is just a scenery, so it has nothing to do with gameplay. I just made it so I could get hired by someone who never made his map >.>

There are four screenshots, the forest, river, fountain and waterfall.

Enjoy!

River
river4yp.jpg

Forest

forest5cn.jpg

Fountain

fountain2or.jpg

Waterfall

waterfall2px.jpg

I may continue making sceneries such as ancient ruins scenery, mountain scenery, dungeon scenery, etc.

Level 22
ahhh... comments :)

I like this one Ramza, it looks good.

I didnt respond to the others because they werent that much of my liking, thats why

thnx, but... u didnt like my other ones? psh.. :p

VGsatomi:I don't know when icon_sad.gif
I have completed 40%...maybe 50%
and thanks for your comments icon_smile.gif
Ramza:your last screen looks very impressive

Im on 50% to i thikn. I made 10 maps (7 finished) and i think it will come to 18-20
and thnx

Level 3
Damn thunderhorn, good idea. Makes me wanna make a cinematic to do my own stuff, but I like to play shit lol.

Level 3
Hey, good to hear. Nice to see some old fellas still in the game. Workin on anything new?

Yea right thunderhorn, sure know how to take a compliment :roll:
I'd do it one better :D
Good stuff still.

Level 3
Stanser at jeg ikke forstår
Stop dat ik niet begrijp
Hält auf, dass ich nicht verstehe

Englsih :D
Heres some pics to validate the post, did these tonight for Gondolin map...still need work but they are a start...

BegginingsofWaterSquare.jpg

BackGateBuildings.jpg

EcthelionHouse.jpg

MMGBunny.jpg

Level 3
Thanks, appreciate it. But it won't be ready for a while, should have a demo in about a month maybe. I'd love to show it to you and Ramza sometime though, get some good input.

Level 3
Thats cool, I really like your lighting effect, and the busted trees are a nice touch. The only thing that sticks out to me is that the grass tile doesn't seem to fit to well almost, and maybe a distinct looking rock formation would be cool. Looks sweet

Level 22
The only citicism I could have for that screen is that it looks like you didnt have random facing turned on when you placed those trees. They all appear to be facing the exact same angle. Other then that it looks great. Nice job of using shrubs to hide the expodes ground textures and to make the foliage look thicker.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.