• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Test my trigger for bugs, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Okay, after few days of working on one trigger - it's finally complete!
I've tested its basic functionallity, and it seems to be working okay. I just need to see if it's ALWAYS working, and there is nothing that can go wrong.

It's WAY too long for me to be checking every part of the code, so I'm asking you to help me find if it has any bugs by testing it (you could check the code too, if you want, but it's about 450 rows of code, and it uses 2 libraries, which use 3-rd).

The trigger is called "SEF" (short for Storm, Earth and Fire), and it's under the "Orc" section of triggers. ~It's MPI~
The warlock has the skill. Way to use it:
1) Absorb 1 of each - Shaman, Spirit Walker, and a Witch doctor
2) Use the skill within 30 seconds
3) Run away (with the warlock), cuz it hits allies too! :D

Feel free to add/remove units on the map for the testing :p

I'll also apreciate some feedback about the skill, and suggestions how to make it better.

EDIT: I actually found 1 bug myself, and fixed it. Re-posting the fixed version (this version also has a small improvement - now when the warlock dies, while he has "spirits" stored in him, they wouldn't appear instantly. They will re-appear over 2,5 seconds).
I see that someone has already downloaded my map, so I'll say this:
The bug that I found was:
if ANY unit died while the initiation part of SEF was being casted - it was getting interrupted.
This is now fixed :p

And by the way: Writing "-test" on this map unlocks some features, that could make testing easier (like "-kill" command, which kills the units you have selected). You can stop the meteorites, by writing "-nm" or "-no meteorites" in the 1-st minute of the game, or if you have written "-test", you can write "-mode 1" to do that. Beaware tho - once you write "-nm/-hard/-nightmare/-hell/-no meteorites", you can no longer write "-test".

The map.

Last edited:
Level 13
Okay, I had few refference leaks, which I removed.
And I changed the 'Storm Part' to happen every 1 sec, instead of every 0,5 sec, and now it's hitting 2 different random enemies per sec, instead of 1 random enemy every 0,5 sec (and lightnings no longer target magic immune enemies).
I also improved a bit some of the libraries this trigger is using (tho it shouldn't impact its performance).
I see, that more people have downloaded the map. I guess you can keep testing on the old version. I didn't fix any bugs with this update (it's more likely that I've created bugs instead :D), just removed leaks. However.. uploading the new version.

Attachments

• New Era BETA v0.1.w3x
    571.1 KB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.