• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The meaning of life

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should listen to Jonathan Adampants, pretty interesting things there.Although go there with an open mind.I also recommend Bruce Lipton and Alan Watts.
The meaning of life is to love the creations of the creator or god,whatever you call him (just dont bind him to religion). Maybe we think too selfishly.
What if you asked yourself what is the meaning of life for the earth,or an animal?
Imagine if you asked someone to show you if god exists,or to show you god.Now think about how your cells know you exist ,even thoug they cant see you,cause they make you up but are aware of that.If they werent aware you would prolly get cancer.Sorry if the last few sentances are off topic.
Let me explain u more things:

-God:If u want it or not,u are in a religion if u believe in a god.

U just cant say "dont bind him to religion" when u believe in a god,lets just say that u are in your own religion.

-Soul,Spirit,Love,Anger,Happiness:

There is no soul,no spirit.
The only thing that controls what u think,how u feel,that makes you be who you are is your brain.
The real you is your brain,if your brain gets damaged or manipulated,then u are someone different.
Btw. love,anger,happiness is a part of your brain.

-Cells:

They are nothing more then a function of your brain,u are talking like the cells of the brain have a brain.
Then it would be like the cells of the brain have a brain ,that have cells with a brain,that have cells with a brain....

-Jonathan Adampants,Bruce Lipton,Alan Watts:

They do nothing more except to earn money with lies,just like the priests of every religion(i dont mean now every priest,there are some that abuse the religion ,and there are some that use the religion to support the poor and the weak people).
They do not even talk about biology,all they do is abusing the psychology to wash brains,basically to manipulate the brains of people.
People that are like Jonathan Adampants,Bruce Lipton and Alan Watts are just for people that would more prefer to believe in a god than on them self.

Level 19
what if nothing brings you happiness?

how do you make life worth living then?

I'm bi polar, sometimes no matter how good life is I feel absolutely unhappy.

what if it was like that all the time, then nothing I did would ever mean anything to me

that's why I think suicide should be aloud

Level 19
"Life is a temporary hell. Death is a permanent heaven."
Where are you quoting from?

Ok I've decided to do drugs, and as a herbalist I know where to look. If I'm contemplating suicide then obviously doing things the right way isn't working for me, so here I come.

All aboard the self abuse train!

CHOOOO CHOOOOO

Level 19
Its good to die, (not by your hands though)
Heck if I'm going to die I might as well go out fighting in a mechanised suit, battling over whelming odds and still kicking ass

Bring it on
iu

Level 11
Let me explain u more things:

-God:If u want it or not,u are in a religion if u believe in a god.

U just cant say "dont bind him to religion" when u believe in a god,lets just say that u are in your own religion.

-Soul,Spirit,Love,Anger,Happiness:

There is no soul,no spirit.
The only thing that controls what u think,how u feel,that makes you be who you are is your brain.
The real you is your brain,if your brain gets damaged or manipulated,then u are someone different.
Btw. love,anger,happiness is a part of your brain.

-Cells:

They are nothing more then a function of your brain,u are talking like the cells of the brain have a brain.
Then it would be like the cells of the brain have a brain ,that have cells with a brain,that have cells with a brain....

-Jonathan Adampants,Bruce Lipton,Alan Watts:

They do nothing more except to earn money with lies,just like the priests of every religion(i dont mean now every priest,there are some that abuse the religion ,and there are some that use the religion to support the poor and the weak people).
They do not even talk about biology,all they do is abusing the psychology to wash brains,basically to manipulate the brains of people.
People that are like Jonathan Adampants,Bruce Lipton and Alan Watts are just for people that would more prefer to believe in a god than on them self.
The brain controls our feelings,but what makes it control them and come to them?You cant just change emotions by hand.

I actually believe in the asteroid almighty,and we should build temples for him,cause he is the creator.All hail asteroid alllmighty guys.

Last edited:
The brain controls our feelings,but what makes it control them and come to them?
When a human is born your brain is empty ,and u must fill it with experience.
The first humans have learn from the things around him ,and from animals.
Thats why they have see the animals like gods.
You cant just change emotions by hand.
Yes u can,thats today called acting.

I actually believe in the asteroid almighty,and we should build temples for him,cause he is the creator.All hail asteroid alllmighty guys.
I actually think now, that you are trolling.

"Life is a temporary hell. Death is a permanent heaven."
Thats one of many theories.
Go in the most haunted house where people died by going there,and try to find a ghost that proves that after life exist.
If u find a serial killer(maybe a cannibal),well then u are fked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
When a human is born your brain is empty ,and u must fill it with experience.
The first humans have learn from the things around him ,and from animals.
Thats why they have see the animals like gods.

Yes u can,thats today called acting.

I actually think now, that you are trolling.

Thats one of many theories.
Go in the most haunted house where people died by going there,and try to find a ghost that proves that after life exist.
If u find a serial killer(maybe a cannibal),well then u are fked.
well the spirit has theoretically been proven a few Ways already

for instance

people waking up after being brain dead (meaning the brain isn't functioning) yet still retaining memory and function (even though our brains only have the capacity for volatile storage, meaning memory is not stored but actively kept as long as brain activity exists)

nasa did a study on their astronauts blacking out during their g-force testing. every single one of them recalled seeing a white light followed by absolutely peace before waking up. some of then even expressed withdraw symptoms when waking back up

and then the fact that the body's lighter after death (which I'm not sure of it being true)

Level 22
Why does it have to have a meaning anyway?

Anyway, my opinion is: "Fuck, don't get fucked, and fuck some more." which I copied and edited from VENI VIDI VICI, which I saw from a toilet's wall in the mall ages ago.

Level 19
So its like fuck life and don't let it fucked you?
Seems basic enough,
but with so Many people being fucked your bound to be next

and strangly that's almost exactly the teaching of the Muslim religion

they believe you should treat everyone weaker than you like shit because they have nothing to offer.

Level 21
Here are my two cents.
Life is just a fake pleasure: an illusion. Since nothing lasts forever on Earth, it's senseless giving life a meaning connected to the material world.
I believe life is just a test in which you should try to make as much good as you can despite not receiving it back and enjoying every single thing in it. You have to prepare yourself for an afterlife by bearing lots of good deeds. This allows me to live a happy life, in spite of all the crap, hoping for a better future once I die.
Any other meaning to life doesn't sound logical to me. Here are some examples:

Life is being happy.

Life on Earth doesn't allow this theory to be true. We all know it is made of ups and downs so we cannot always be happy, therefore if you are not constantly happy, this meaning to life is illogical.

Life is what you make of it.

Too vague... far too vague.

Life is reaching a certain objective.

So once I'll reach it, I'll ask myself newly what the meaning of life is.

And I suppose there are more. Then again, this is simply my opinion. As TGD said, it is very subjective and you cannot say someone is wrong because everyone has their own views.

and strangly that's almost exactly the teaching of the Muslim religion

they believe you should treat everyone weaker than you like shit because they have nothing to offer.

Poor brainwashed lad...

Level 8
people waking up after being brain dead (meaning the brain isn't functioning) yet still retaining memory and function (even though our brains only have the capacity for volatile storage, meaning memory is not stored but actively kept as long as brain activity exists)

nasa did a study on their astronauts blacking out during their g-force testing. every single one of them recalled seeing a white light followed by absolutely peace before waking up. some of then even expressed withdraw symptoms when waking back up

and then the fact that the body's lighter after death (which I'm not sure of it being true)

all those evidence at the same time?Well we can't denie it now can we?

"people waking up after being brain dead" You mean like Clinical claimed dead then woke up?If that is so than damn.Proof for soul was there all along!

Level 5
The meaning of life? Nothing... We die sooner or later anyway, just like any other organic life in this planet.

If you think about it, we're just made out of cells which has their specific functions in order for our body to work. In short, we're like robots controlled by little life forms called cells.

Edit:
Mattnj said:
Maybe the meaning of life for an individual today is to work towards a point in their life where they can meet all of their needs and wants, by having the skills, resources, and motivation to do so, and, as a result, reach a point of self actualization for themselves in their personal life, education, and career.

If only this: "where they can meet all of their needs and wants" actually is true. Humans are greedy. Just look at what humans have done to our environment because of our greediness. We got what we want, yet we still want more.

Level 21
Do please keep it going here, I would like to see it.

No, we'd go off-topic completely.

If only this: "where they can meet all of their needs and wants" actually is true. Humans are greedy. Just look at what humans have done to our environment because of our greediness. We got what we want, yet we still want more.

"There's enough for everyone's need but not for everyone's greed."
Best proverb ever about the world.

Reactions: pyf
Level 2
"Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them.”
― Mark Haddon, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

Level 19
to the majority of people,.yes they are simple machines bringing nothing new to the world.

but for some, the brave few who walk their own path. people could are not burnt away like oil to run the machine but instead persons who inspire new cogs that drives humanity forward.

I want to be one of those people. not to be another person to live a life only to be turned to the ground without leaving a trace behind but instead to be a name respoken throughout the rest of history. a name that inspires dreams and endeavours, a name that drives ambition and ideas, a who that I was re-envisioned to craft the world to come forever!

Bow before my will, The Lord Of Chaos

Level 19
It's quite encouraging and inspiring until I read the last sentence.
I could have said,'submit to the will Of Chaos'

but yes be inspired and then conform to my will

Mwahahaha!

and I mean it, follow you own path. do not live a life placing yourself under others but no instead listen to the will of your own considerations

Level 19
Maybe the meaning of life for an individual today is to work towards a point in their life where they can meet all of their needs and wants, by having the skills, resources, and motivation to do so, and, as a result, reach a point of self actualization for themselves in their personal life, education, and career.
you mean the meaning of life is work :(

AGD

AGD

Level 16
The meaning of life depends upon the one leaving.

But if you're looking for an 'objective' meaning of life, then we can't know for sure. The only one who knows is the being who created life if there is any.
That's from a neutral point of view, but if you believe in a God, you must have realized that he is the One who knows.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Ah... the classic loaded question that assumes there is any meaning to start with.
People are too afraid to feel like they're insignificant to the world, so they try to rationalise it.

The meaning of life is Death.

Status
Not open for further replies.