• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Spore Creature Creator Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well, since the Creature Creator Demo leaked, one is able to create his/her creatures, even if you only get a fraction of the possibilities compared to the full game...
This thread is for everyone who's interested!
Download, and immerse yourself in the creation of monsters yet unseen!
Link here:
http://www.gamestar.hu/downloads/demo/spore-creature-creator-demo
Warning: The Demo here is in hungarian, but trust me, one can manage without tooltips :p
To download the Demo, press the "Demó Letöltése" button, that basicly means "Download Demo" in Hungarian :p
According to Cavman, English Demo here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7KQ7ESBW
I'll be posting my beasties on this thread, I hope you guys will to do so too! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash

TDR

TDR

Level 18
before I even bother: will it work on an GeCube ATI Radeon X800 GTO?
If it does, then could someone PLEASE upload it somewhere else rather than on that megaupload shit (preferably Mediafire)? Every time I tried to download something from megaupload I get this message:
"All download slots assigned to your country (Romania) are currently in use. Please try again in a few hours or install the Megaupload Toolbar for immediate access - with the toolbar installed, there are no more slot limitations for you!"
Fucking assholes...

Level 10
To my knowledge, it will work on almost anything (I have an ASUS A9600 and it works on almost full graphics). I'll post accurate stats when I get my hands on them.

TDR, why do you think I suggest everyone to use the Hungarian Version? :p

Level 10
First Few Creatures

These are basicly the first creatures I've made (Created yesterday)
Me loves this!
Pics in order:
1.) Hidralix (From the Zer...XERG army ><)
2.) Overxlord
3.)Taurin
4.)Xergling
:)

Attachments

• CRE_Hydralix-06807943_sml.jpg
    CRE_Hydralix-06807943_sml.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 275
  • CRE_OverXlord-06807945_sml.jpg
    CRE_OverXlord-06807945_sml.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 270
  • CRE_Taurin-06807946_sml.jpg
    CRE_Taurin-06807946_sml.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 242
  • CRE_Xergling-06807942_sml.jpg
    CRE_Xergling-06807942_sml.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 246

TDR

TDR

Level 18
turning off the background does nothing for this! Just compare how sansui's are rendered compared to dio's...Mines are rendered like sansui's, with sunlight and shadows, but dio's are ambient occlusion...I don't get it.

Anyway, is there any difference between the official demo and the one we have?

Level 26
Ok here ar my Spore creations:

first of all a cryptlord-like creature:

picture.php

then a dinosaur:

picture.php

and some insect thing:

picture.php

+ 2 gif avatars( couldnt get 1 of the dinosaur)^^

Attachments

• Spore_GIF_2008-06-17_17-32-44.gif
    Spore_GIF_2008-06-17_17-32-44.gif
    93.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Spore_GIF_2008-06-18_01-12-47.gif
    Spore_GIF_2008-06-18_01-12-47.gif
    78.9 KB · Views: 118
Level 2
All of your guy's creatures are really cool I really like the cryptlord DonDustin I really need to buy a graphics card before this game comes out, damn old comp =/

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Pyritie, now you know why I said it was total crap this idea and that I will wait till the complete game with creature creator is in shop before I get it. Not only will it let me fully test them as I make them in the actual game but it will also not have any chance of costing me more money due to such problems.

Pyritie, now you know why I said it was total crap this idea and that I will wait till the complete game with creature creator is in shop before I get it. Not only will it let me fully test them as I make them in the actual game but it will also not have any chance of costing me more money due to such problems.

It's working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.