• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The World Of Azeroth v8.5c

Darklycan51 Presents

The World Of Azeroth
Created by Darklycan51

Map Info:
Well this is a kind of altered melee map but much better.
I've made it so you can Re-imagine how the wars in warcraft have passed but in
a simple melee map.

Features:

Select one of twenty Eight races to conquer azeroth, With Only five Workers You need to Build a base And create a great empire
Make allies and enemys For glory, Kill Illidan Or Kel'thuzad ! etc.

Races:
  • Humans
  • Orcs
  • Dwarven
  • NightElf
  • Undead
  • High Elfs/Blood Elfs
  • Fel Orc
  • Nerubians
  • Satyrs
  • Worgen
  • Ogres
  • Trolls
  • Golems
  • Goblins
  • Naga
  • Broken Draenei/Draenei
  • Gnolls
  • Tauren
  • Demons
  • Pandarens
  • Centaurs
  • Murlocs
  • Tuskarrs
  • Mage Hunters
  • Scarlet Crusade
  • Faceless Ones
  • Forsaken
  • Bandits

Those are the current Races I will probably add a few more.

Screenshots:

Kultiras:
Inside kultiras lies tandred proudmoore, admiral of Lordaeron
2ia9wtf.png

Sunwell boss:
The void Lord, a easy to start boss.
2uptpaf.png

Worgen:
Human form (footmans are morphing into worgen)

dbtm4k.png

Worgen:
Worgen form

r0v7up.png

Mage Hunter:
You can see most of their base (the big tower is the magic center)

2nrd8nd.png

Ogre gameplay:
A user Paillan showing us how to play the Ogres

Change Log:

Added:
  • Global Upgrades for the Night Elves
Removed:
  • Nothing
Fixed:
  • Tooltips
  • Hotkeys
Changed:
  • Collision size on big units
  • Naval units now have extra 150 range
  • Lots of balance changes (a lot to add).

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • Eagleman
  • Diegokopo
  • Paillan
  • Keltras
  • Darkcris
  • ]KeViN[
  • Persiaa
  • Lumix355
  • DragonBlood

Tutorials/Systems:
  • Kobas
  • Tickles
  • GangSpear
  • Darkgrom
  • Dr Super Good
  • Tank Commander
  • Magtheridon96
Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • Myself
Other:
  • :D

Author's notes:
Fanbar:
jl4c4h.png

link: http://i50.tinypic.com/jl4c4h.png
um i guess that thats all.
v Credits for the Description Template.
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
azeroth,wars,melee,26,races,The,World,Of,Azeroth
Contents

The World Of Azeroth v8.5c (Map)

Reviews
17:47, 22nd Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 19
please don´t double post, there is an edit button for that, anyway, no allies isn´t viable since all players starts in the same place, so make a command that after X sec unallies all players, also a kick command that kills kicked players units would be nice.

Level 18
as i have already said . new commands are comming, the 8.2 version will be a Balance patch which will come with lots of new commands , and balance that the host will be able to decide, the Players are allied at the start they start at the same location, if you read the blackscreen at the start it explains players how to unally.
Also i've made a fanbar for the map :p
jl4c4h.png

Last edited:
Level 3
as i have already said . new commands are comming, the 8.2 version will be a Balance patch which will come with lots of new commands , and balance that the host will be able to decide, the Players are allied at the start they start at the same location, if you read the blackscreen at the start it explains players how to unally.
Also i've made a fanbar for the map :p
jl4c4h.png

Can i help you with translations and spell buttons , i really want to help to make map as best as it can be , since the idea of it is really great , and also i found something , it is kinda stupid that magic give +5 agi (if hero is agi 5 str if hero is str) Cause attribute bonus gives +5 to all , and i could help you make more items and stuff

Last edited:
Level 18
i just want to make clear something , picking team members isn't something that easy, i mean i would love to make everyone help but i can't because i already had some problems with map stealers which i don't want to mention , so right now to avoid that kind of stuff i will just accept 1 new team member and him must be expert at Jass, since all the rest of the stuff Can be fixed by me , i want someone who could do stuff that i'll never be able to do like really complex spells, to make the map better.

i mean i know that most of you try to help with good intentions but try to understand me.

Level 3
Nah it's ok , i just want to help to make map as good as it can be
Some suggestions
1. I know you said you've been working on it but orcs have so much spanish texts.
2. I think you should lower the income , and put like 1500 gold on start .
3. Add some better items + recipes (More too)
4. At start it sais Forbiden Magic
5. Scarlet Crusade - Massing Heroes , no aa , no towers
6. I think you should put 2 constructors , Basic (Buildings for units , heroes , food etc.) , and Defensive (With towers and walls and stuff)
7. This one is un needed but anyway , i think it would be better if illidan had some better item ... It is not even near the Frostmourne but illidan is stronger then the frostmourne keeper
8.Spell buttons , and magic which gives + 5 attribute to main hero attribute should be either removed , or improved
9. Undead Skeletons at pit should cost at least 2 food , cause massing them is easy win for anyone
That's all i could think of now , when i remember more i will be editing

Last edited:
Level 18
the +5 atributes are just a placeholder for some versions until i get the jass expert since older spells for those heros weren't really good (like heal which wasn't useful at all) the income will be lowered from your food every 2.00 seconds to your food every 4.00 seconds, also it says Forgotten Magic because the Patch name was Forgotten Magic(since i added a lot of races which are based in magic, and i also added the forgotten Ones)..

Scarlet Crusade got towers in 8.1c , i'm also going to add them Archers as an alternative to pikemen (however Pikemen are a REALLY strong unit to fight an enemy near your base at the start, with 27 piercing damage, and only 2 food per unit they can beat almost all ground units).

Nerubian Warriors are also going to be able to attack Air , since Nerubians are lacking anti air.

Level 3
the +5 atributes are just a placeholder for some versions until i get the jass expert since older spells for those heros weren't really good (like heal which wasn't useful at all) the income will be lowered from your food every 2.00 seconds to your food every 4.00 seconds, also it says Forgotten Magic because the Patch name was Forgotten Magic(since i added a lot of races which are based in magic, and i also added the forgotten Ones)..

Scarlet Crusade got towers in 8.1c , i'm also going to add them Archers as an alternative to pikemen (however Pikemen are a REALLY strong unit to fight an enemy near your base at the start, with 27 piercing damage, and only 2 food per unit they can beat almost all ground units).

Nerubian Warriors are also going to be able to attack Air , since Nerubians are lacking anti air.

I am talking about version i found at makemehost , add this one there too
Every 5 seconds better
And also what about 2 kinds of constructors?

Level 19
I love this map, and yeah i now it was stealed much times, because not all the version in epicwar are made by you, i say too you even my edited this map, but didn´t changed the creator just writted something like these (edited WITHOUT permisson by Paillan) because the map was discontinued by a long time and liked it very much, so maybe i could help you a bit.

Level 18
the 2 kind of builders, personally wouldn't work, i would have to import a lot of models for walls and stuff for each race, also since the map isn't completely flat , the walls would get buggy, right now races got enough buildings per units so i don't think i need to add more builders for them.

Level 3
I was thinking mainly about the towers (Walls no need)
But anyway your right there is enough towers , but if you make more units you should add couple of towers

Level 3
I asked few players what they think about map
Their saying :
1. Map has good concept but needs lots of work
2. Fel Orc Raider ensnare doesn't work
3. One upgrade or something for fel orcs at war mill
4. Two upgrades for orcs
5. No limit for any human air ...
6. Needs balance a bit
7. Worgens are unbalanced ( I don't think so , i think blood elves when massing dragonhawks are)
8. Reveal ability should have either 25 sec cooldown or cost 10000
9. At start circles aren't placed very nicely (Preety or something)
10. -name Command would be really nice
And that's it for now

Last edited:
Level 18
yes i noticed the ensnare i'm gonna fix that
i didn't knew about the human air thnx for that, lot of people are complaining about reveal but actually no one even using reveal ends the game in a normal game time (takes like 1:30 hours), start circles are placed in a way no one gets a chance to kill a peasant if both players are in the game and finally i'll add the name command.

Level 3
yes i noticed the ensnare i'm gonna fix that
i didn't knew about the human air thnx for that, lot of people are complaining about reveal but actually no one even using reveal ends the game in a normal game time (takes like 1:30 hours), start circles are placed in a way no one gets a chance to kill a peasant if both players are in the game and finally i'll add the name command.

Ok thanks for reading that :) And something that is not connected to gameplay but its better like : I think you should remove circles when a player picks race since 1. It looks ugly
2. You can teleport on it and buy items (Teleportation items)
3. Not related to circles , What about 2 orc damage and armor upgrade ? And i think fel orc 1 but 1 is enough for them cause chaos damage
Put the map to mmh when you finish it :) Wanna play

Last edited:
Level 3
Undeads don't have teleports at main buildings :)
One draenai told me he could mass paladins ? Does it mean it costs no food or?
Also draenais can spam towers at 1 place ... Like 20 Boulders at 1 building...

Last edited:
Level 18
Undeads don't have teleports at main buildings :)
One draenai told me he could mass paladins ? Does it mean it costs no food or?
Also draenais can spam towers at 1 place ... Like 20 Boulders at 1 building...

they do have , all races have teleport at their latest tier hall (in this case, black citadel).
i didn't know about the draenei tower, i already fixed it thnx.
and i bet he meant about draenei paladins looking like elite units , but they actually just are tier 3 units from the draenei.
Elekk Knight's Pulverize(Elite Unit limited to 10) will be buffed from 20% chance to do 40 damage AoE to 40% chance to do 100 damage AoE.

about the fel orc damage.. chaos damage doesn't mean it's a more powerful unit, chaos damage just does 100% damage to all armors, and if your unit doesn't have divine armor (which none of the units in the game have) it's just like using normal attacks against light armor units, which also do 100% attack (as an example)
chaos orcs lack a lost of really powerful end units, their most powerful caster only works when you have killed several of your enemy units which is hard if you don't have the right composition. as an example, normal orcs with dks as their elite unit , or humans with their mages can be casting powerful spells at the back of the fight, giving them a huge advantage against races like fel orcs, then the stormreaver is a powerful unit but only works at the end of the fight ,when all units are dead , which may give you the units to win the fight but then those units will disappear. so it's a fight for no one.

i think i've explained my reasons on why not nerf fel orcs more.

also about the Circle and the tp to buy , that was the reason the 2 recipe stores were placed there , it was so people could buy recipes without favoring anyone.

Level 3
I love it when i pick Undead and i make necropolis there at start xD later just surround it with tower and boats and no one else get's items , also lot of players don't know about items in midd , maybe put some message like : You pick items , and item recipes at middle
Also make 3 upgrades for orcs? They got only 2.
And one more thing , After you pick your race (Example) Undead , other races are still there to pick but you can't get them , you should remove those other races after it's picked
And why didn't ya put only 1 circle , the big one , why add 4, 5 others

Last edited:
Level 18
because those other 5 are the cps which use the upgrade you research and become the peasants

to remove the research i would have to do a large trigger which would be wasted time since there's no point in researching other races anyways.

Level 19
the post above was for dark :)
Also something i found, some units are too tall in relation of other units of their own race, its not something so bad, yust looks ugly. Also a region that makes players unable too build at start island, would be fine. Finally, did you found a spell maker?

Level 3
the post above was for dark :)
Also something i found, some units are too tall in relation of other units of their own race, its not something so bad, yust looks ugly. Also a region that makes players unable too build at start island, would be fine. Finally, did you found a spell maker?
Ah okay , but anyway , wanna play at garena dude? I really love the map and we could add some more suggestions

Level 3
because those other 5 are the cps which use the upgrade you research and become the peasants

to remove the research i would have to do a large trigger which would be wasted time since there's no point in researching other races anyways.
I know about that , but you could just use region , not circle , anyway it's not big of a deal , it removes after so it is no problem

Level 19
Ah okay , but anyway , wanna play at garena dude? I really love the map and we could add some more suggestions

Meaby this weekend, but at what time? here in Chile is the -4:00 GTM zone.
Also, maybe you want an how too play this map video dark? i was thinking in a like warcraft 3 intro video as intro, but i don´t even now how too make animations, so i prefer too make a how too play :3 (yes i make youtube vid´s :/)

Level 3
Meaby this weekend, but at what time? here in Chile is the -4:00 GTM zone.
Also, maybe you want an how too play this map video dark? i was thinking in a like warcraft 3 intro video as intro, but i don´t even now how too make animations, so i prefer too make a how too play :3 (yes i make youtube vid´s :/)
Here at serbia + 2:00

Level 19
o_O Serbia?! WUT the... anyway, i was thinking that dragon race would look nice, so they have much flying but normal fly limitations, and weak mele (there are mele dragons, yes) So 5 hours (since now i am -3:00 because off summer time) hmm... what about at 6:00 pm o clock? (chilean time) 11:00 pm your´s

Level 18
Yeah it would help a lot of someone would make a video or two about the map.

the "Mage Hunter" race is supposed to be a dragon race, they're a faction of the blue dragon flight which work for malygos (and after he died stayed working for the rest of the blue dragonflight) who got permision (Kirin tor mages) to use magic , the rest of the Mage hunters are dragonspawns (melee dragons) and blue dragons , which hunt mages who use magic "Ilegally" i chosed to make this as the dragon race because it had the best concept to become a race and also all the units weren't flying ones.

Level 19
consider it done :D i will make first a intro like VID, but not as the warcraft 3 intro.
A yes i need number: how much imported models, how much AI, how many heros, how many bosses, (the races and the map is well now)
thx :3
You should add gnomes, like a allianse version og goblins, there are a few models, and they aren´t so big, thay have machinery but it is expenside (something like that)
Now i am recording

Last edited:
Level 3
Yep , serbian time , i will see if i can at 11:00
And 1 more suggestion , Nerubians have only 1 tower (Nerubian) While undead have Nerubian and Spirit , maybe remove nerubian from undead race?

Level 19
some coments about the vid:
at start it shows all races descriptions, soo anyone have time too read them, them i pick a race, and i will put message that says (over X races, pick your race, conquer azeroth! (music in backround) them stopped it, and make something like a action-stop, were it shows some parts of the map (explore the world of azeroth) them i set up a base at storm island (claim your own place too be your base, get recourses!) stopped again, them record again when base is in tier 3 (and forge your army!) after that i trayed some comands, like music, since special didn´t work i had too play the youtube music video i had opened (phew :/) amazing music!) This was meanwhile a fail.
Also planing boss fight (ifght against warcraft legends!) them a extra places seach (even more than just azerorth too conker!) them items recipes (make amazing items!), for the next, i need the multiplayer too (beat you friend! make allies! make enemies! ambush! surprise your enemy! escape from your doom! betray your allies! be the owner of azeroth!) them i show more comands (comands too improve your
game!) and that should do it, of course i will put a image whit support at, and the banner.
Finally, i would apreciate if you play the multiplayer too to show something like (find ramdom players!, from map creator too tiresome noobs!) :p

Level 19
planning some camera rotation, and more than one backround music theme.
goblin zepelins have life regeneration, and goblins don´t have teleport at main hall, also, wasn´t there a frozen throne whit arthas (or any lich king) too kill? now i have too kill illidan :/

Last edited:
Level 18
planning some camera rotation, and more than one backround music theme.

you can change the background music with -music Elf , -music Special etc (but only for some seconds until the timer of the music ends and starts playing it again.
maybe in a later version i'll add a more complex music system which changes the music totally when doing a command.

Level 3
Lol guys , my garena doesn't work , i tried and it says something like Connection to Garena Server : Failed
I tried to reinstall but still same prob , any suggestions?

Level 3
To bad i lost internet , im in a game room now so i have it temoraryily , anyway i played without inet home with scarlets
Nice , Well done
I think they need a bit more upgrades , and 1 bug at sc
When you make one next to priest (Forgot name)
You have upgrade for bash , but unit has bash even before that upgrade
Las otras razas at start still there , and make more recipes
Also love the clock timing , more items and less cd is best , love tha hints too . well done !

Level 18
found bugs for next version:
Templars bash
Zeppelin regeneration
-norecipe command doesn't have a time limit (you can use it even when the 45 starting seconds have passed)

if any of you find another bug please report it so i can fix it in the 8.2b patch.