• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

TheAdiktuzScrolls: Arzachel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map name: The Adiktuz Scrolls: Arzachel
Type: Single-Player RPG
Development Team: Adiktuz

Pics: WIP Pics

Trailer Video: TrailerVid on Youtube

FEATURES

Custom Skills
Aside from the basic three hero attributes there are 6 "skills" which you can increase every level

Custom Combat System
Unleash your attacks and abilities via sequences of 4 arrow key press

Aeon system
Obtain the power of the Aeons and use them in battle

Projectiles systems
Projectiles can be evaded and destroyed upon impact on terrain. Projectiles could also be single hit, piercing or exploding.

Enemy AI
Enemy units have different AI, from basic to more advanced as the rank increases (normal, mini-boss, special, boss)

Custom EXP and level system
Customized exp gain from monsters and quests

Story and side quests
There would be a lot of side quests to help you on your journey.

Multiboard Character Panel
A multiboard which shows different data about your character

Save-Load
Game Cache Saving system which saves almost everything

Day Night system
The time of the day affects a lot of aspects of the game, from shop availability, to quest item drops, to monsters, etc. Lighting also changes a bit more realistic than the default

Uranus System
Top-Secret

Class Advancement System
not sure yet...

Equipment system
You can equip weapons,runes,belts,armors,headgears,necklaces,rings,boots,gloves and soulstones

Item sets
Equip items from a certain set to have enhanced bonuses

BackPack and Stash
You have an extra backpack with you, and a stash on the inn which can store items for you, you can also equip items directly from them

Guilds
Guilds offer services, and finishing quests from the guilds, gives you access to more of their services

Classes
There are three classes for now, the Soul Master,the White Knight, and the Acro Ranger. [AR is not playable in the current version]

I would put more info about the classes and monsters on the site, when I get time

Please click the link for demo details and download:
The Adiktuz Scrolls: Arzachel .40 alpha.

Last edited:
Level 2
Have any of the storyline yet? Since that's a very important part of a single player RPG. I might be able to help you with that if not.

Have any of the storyline yet? Since that's a very important part of a single player RPG. I might be able to help you with that if not.

yeah, I dont have a storyline yet, I'm working on terrain right now...

Edit: well, I have a rough idea of the story though no definite events yet but I already have a plan on how the events should happen...

Edit2: Progress is a bit slowed down because I'm now also working as a coder for Shadows of Everwood ORPG (see link on my sig)

Edit 3: Thinking of adding an additional bag/inventory... I did it before but I thought it bugged with the save system, then realized that the integer A loop was the one that's bugging, so I might readd the extra bag...

Currently working on the forest part... might upload another alpha map after i finished that part...

EDIT 4: I will be remaking all of the three starting characters...

Level 2
Could you tell us a bit more about this project? Since you have very little actual info about this and that's probably why I'm the only one who's posted so far.

Could you tell us a bit more about this project? Since you have very little actual info about this and that's probably why I'm the only one who's posted so far.

well that's really the only info for now that I can share + the terrain pics in the terrain board (link on the first post)... I cannot post about the heroes since I'll be changing them...

Sounds interesting, I hope you complete it eventually. I'm always more interested about single- than multiplayer projects.

But why do you need save-load for SP?

for multi-computer support? and because my plan is to make many maps for this... ^^
anyway I dont think using the in-game save system would cause a bug so maybe if you want not to lose the quest progress you can save it using the in-game save since I would not be saving the quests in the code... then just use the custom save-load when you want to redo the quests and when I release a new map... ^^

anyway thanks!

BTW, I might just reduce the number of starting classes to two, a warrior and a mage then the classes will just branch out from them... and one of the reasons why I'll redo the characters is because I'll be changing some of the implemented systems and I dont like their current skills... ^^... I'll release an alpha map after I finish the 2 starting classes...

EDIT: I'm also currently thinking about the prologue...

EDIT 2:

I guess I'll settle with only two characters and then make the spells/abilites buyable... and then I'll implement the ranking system to be per skill that you buy meaning each skill will only level-up when you use it... When skills level-up they will strengthen and can also change...

example: Fireball(SingleHit)->Fireball(AoE)

there would be warrior/mage specific spells but I might also some some abilities that are not... but I'll still implement the skill setting system so you can still only use up to 4 but learn up to 8 abilities...

btw, Credits to Wolfe because I thought of this due to his suggestions... ^^

EDIT 3:

Currently working on remaking some of the systems and making some new systems especially for the class and ability learning method that I will implement... Doing terraining...

EDIT 4:

I'll scrap the idea to just use two classes... and some changes to the abilities...
Now, you will first choose your class and then from 12 different possible abilities for that class, you will choose only four... and then those skills will become more stronger as you use them...

(For those who want to know why I scrapped the two class only idea: well, ability hotkey problems, creating lots of abilities for one class will exhaust the hotkeys and I dont want to make 4 dummies for just one ability just to accomodate the hotkey problem cuz that will take up so much object data...)

EDIT 5:

Currently working on the battle system...

Integrated the custom hero stat system with the equipment system, now items directly modify the custom hero stats...

I might remove AceHart's save-load system coz I'm having extreme errors with it(it stops when the values get high)... I might just utilize the game cache for saving... And I might limit the number of save slots to 10 (0-9) [per username]
Pros:
-no need to memorize codes
-I think I can save a lot of things(because no code length problems)
Cons:
-well, its not that portable
-1 error in input and you can easily overwrite another saved data

Of course you can use the normal Wc3 save system...

but this custom system would come handy when I update the map or when I introduce new maps (the maps would utilize a single game cache file so that you can save-load from one map to another)...

Note: I might try to see if TH's CodeGen will work... I might implement both save systems if the CodeGen works (the CodeGen would be for portability of the save...)

EDIT!

I decided not to use a portable save system(the code based one)...

And since I'll be utilizing the game cache, I think I will add some profession like crafting... quest and misc items will be saved into variables and can be viewed in an alternate multiboard... quests will also be saved etc... and so, this will surely remain a single player RPG... ^^

UPDATE!!!
I might release an early alpha demo of Frogarda region soon!
It will have:
-one playable character
-maybe at most 6 spells, where you will choose 4 that you will use. (after the demo, it will be raised to 12 coz that is the plan)
-whole map playable but only a few parts are currently terrained
and only two areas will have monsters
-a few quests

Yay can't wait! So it'll be a single player with multilayer support? awesome

no. just plain single player...

but it would have many full maps and dungeon maps as time pass by, you can save your progress via the custom game cache save system and can even load it onto the other maps.

and each full map will be designed to be played for so may hours... ^_^

Level 10
no. just plain single player...

but it would have many full maps and dungeon maps as time pass by, you can save your progress via the custom game cache save system and can even load it onto the other maps.

and each full map will be designed to be played for so may hours... ^_^

oh lol well it's still pretty cool. I also had an idea for single player rpgs. Make a map where you can battle other players sort of like an arena. I thought of these from gba games where you can connect to other gbas and fight each other. Or even trade items etc. It's pretty awesome. Well that's an Idea for you ;)

I already thought of that before, but I decided not to. Especially now that I encountered problems with code-save-systems (apparently code generators has a max value that they can hold, and I cannot write my own so...)

I could do it by making the PvP map only load some data (just your character + items maybe) but I think it would be bad that way...

Plus, since there are different possible builds on this map per character there would arise a balance problem...

example:
2 mages, 1 of them picked mostly single target abilities (A pure single killer build), while the other one picked missile abilities (single player maps wise, an easier to use build)
-since you can evade missiles, it would be easy for mage 1 to avoid damage while mage 2 cannot...

wow you really put thought into these eh?

yup, that was one of the original plans... make a map where they can fight...

but like as I said it would be pretty hard because of the game's systems and the limitations of the Code generators... ^_^

but I can try do it the way I stated above, if people would be okay with that but surely not in the near future...

because the current plan is to make release Frogarda region then I would release a dungeon map next (currently my plan is Blood Castle)...

lol me too cause my bro has our PS2 in manila darnit!

Oh and before we get offtopic. "Dude we're goin offtopic!"

XD

EDIT: Is it okay to go offtopic ?

definitely not... ^_^

btw, you have an idea for a magic (non-elemental) spell you might want to see in the map?
[no extreme ideas, only simple spells]

Level 10
not really uncastable on magic immunes... but just magic meaning something a mage casts... not a physical spell.... ^_^

oh ok

but not elemental?

hmmmmm

Magnet - Creates a powerful magnetic vortex around the caster pulling all enemy units around [AOE] towards him/her.

Level 1 - 200 aoe
Level 2 - 300 aoe
Level 3 - 400 aoe
Level 4 - 500 aoe

You can also do

Magnetic Sphere - Launches a ball with a poweful magnetic vortex that pulls all enemy units in an a [AOE] around it.

Level 1 - 200 aoe
Level 2 - 300 aoe
Level 3 - 400 aoe
Level 4 - 500 aoe

Well did I do it right. It's pretty hard cause from what I know, mages almost always do elemental spells. Almost.

lol you could have told me that earlier XD

can't you just channel it >.> and when the spell ends or the channel breaks units will be dramatically slowed. Good for AOE setting XD

well, basically there's no need for setting here, coz battles would be fast-paced/action-paced... (but I'm planning to add a trapper hero)

anyway as I said, I might just add it as an Aeon spell...

hmmmm can't wait to really see the demo. Pretty curious on the battle system -__-

well, on the battle system, only the hero's battle system would be fully implemented yet, and maybe a mini-boss, the creeps will follow later... ^_^

but basically the battle system for the hero is ability based (no "normal" attack)... the same would be implemented on bosses and mini-bosses... but for creeps maybe the normal battle system of creeps + spells...

and there would be no Aeon on the demo... :p

Level 10
YAYAYAYAY ima test now!

EDIT:

Well for starters:

Terrain

The terrain looks ok for a demo, but it could be better. Much, much better. The city(?) needs to be more city like. More residents with different occupations and function in the city. Maybe make it larger.

For the surrounding forests and stuff, just a few more vegetation and some other stuff. I'm not a pro terrainer myself, so I can just advice you to look at the Terrain bored for some inspiration.

But overall I think you have done a basic template of what you want. Consider what I said a suggestion.

Gameplay

I like the systems that you put on the map, yet maybe a little improvement on the tool tips in the future.

The battle system is a bit frigid right now (maybe because of the model XD) yet it has some strategy involved which is pretty nice, and can be improved upon your own discretion.

Models/Icons

Well I just have one issue with the model you used on the Soul Master, and will otherwise be known as sora. Well sora's walk animation is pretty....wierd. I don't know why but it feels like his out off balance mostly.

For the icons, their fine. But some icons have the green color when you go to the menu. Better fix that.

Quests

The quests system is awesome. You can actually add and remove quests from the NPC. That is pretty neat and if ever you have time teach me how to do that. The quests are ok, but I think you can improve on the quest description, as most of the time it's pretty awkward. Also on the quests where you bring back something to the NPC or deliver something. It's better if you actually talke to the NPC cause just running by and finishing the quest is a bit off and confusing sometimes.

Overall

I guess for a demo it's cool. The systems are very well done for a demo but the other stuff needs to be improved upon. But I like it keep up the good work!

P.S. Treat what I said as feed back/suggestion. cause it is XD!

-neku99

Last edited:
For the terrain:

1st, its a fort not a city..
next, yeah I gotta improve it a lot more from this point. I'm gonna make the map "alive".

Gameplay:

I'll be modifying things here and there...

Models/Icons:

and yeah, I'll change that Sora model to something else once I find a good model, or maybe not if I find that his animation was already fixed...

gotta look at that icons on the trainer...

Quests:

I might not do the talking thing for side quests, but for Story quests or special side quests, there would be cinematics...

and thanks for playing the demo. ^_^

IMPORTANT NEWS

Rather than the dungeons being independent of the main maps, I have decided that each main map will have its own set of dungeons (maybe three or more) which will be related to the storyline... Meaning you can expect something like the map transition thingy on Rexxar's campaign

and the main maps will still be independent of each other...

so it'll be a campaign?

NOPE!!!

coz its a pain in the ass to port vJASS into campaigns... ^_^

it will remain as separate map files, and users will need to put them in a specific folder for the in-game map transition to work... ^_^

{EDIT}
first I thought of linking all of the main maps, but realized that it would require so much work and so much redundant imported files so I decided to scale the linking down to just one main map + a set of dungeons which requires less work and less redundancy of imported files... ^_^

if vJASS was just easy to port on campaigns I would have definitely linked all of main maps to create a large SPRPG, even if it requires lots of codes, at least the file size would be minimized compared to linking them using several SP maps... ^_^

anyway, I still haven't worked on anything up to now yet, hopefully when christmas break starts I could have some progress (coz I still don't know the load I will have on SoE when I return to the WE)

Last edited by a moderator:
2 weeks vacation!!! yeah!!! so now I'm back to working on this project. ^_^

NEW PICS

{EDIT 1}
^_^

I've also started terraining the upper portion of the map... ^_^

{EDIT 2}
^_^

I'm planning to be releasing another open alpha test before my vacation ends since it seems that I won't be able to work on this once the vacation ends and that would last for about 3 months (until end of march...), so I think it would be a good idea to leave something to look forward to. ^_^

{EDIT 3}
yeah, the soulmaster would most probably be the only class that is playable yet since I have no plans to make the other classes yet right now. But I will probably be having all of the 12 SM abilities to choose from on the next alpha. ^_^

Updates on the next alpha:

-Story: I already added a continuation of the troll part of the story, maybe I'll stop at that for the alpha (and it might be the end part for the troll quests [at least main storyline-wise])
-Terrain: the whole map will most probably be terrained already, but not yet final
-Items: I'll would be adding more items for the alpha.
-Gameplay: almost all doodads/destructables would be blocking missiles with the exception of bridges, etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
wow very nice. Also if you can, improve the quest setups. Like when speaking with npc's etc. But I guess this can be done later on ehehe. I like the doodads block missiles thingy. very fun and realistic. And by that do you mean getting the z axis of missiles too, when hitting a high doodad? etc.

about speaking with npcs on quests, I'm still thinking if I should add it, because it could get pretty annoying if you have lots of quests that would finish at the same time, so my current plan is to only have it on main quests...

and about the z height, I currently don't know of a way to get a doodad's z height so its not implemented as a parameter yet...

anyway, I won't probably have floating doodads that are high above the ground... my only current problem with the missiles is that if you fire them from a high ground, they can still hit units and doodads below them... its easy to get a workaround for units, but for doodads, I dont know...

Status
Not open for further replies.