• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tides of War 2.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Tides of War 2.0 (Campaign)

Reviews
Removed from public temporarily on authors request. 13:04, 8th Apr 2014 Orcnet: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2509354-post31.html

What do you think of my campaign?

• 1/5 Worst thing ever!

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • 2/5 More or less.

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • 3/5 Totally ok.

Votes: 43 10.6%
  • 4/5 It's pretty good

Votes: 104 25.6%
  • 5/5 I love it!

Votes: 238 58.6%

• Total voters
Level 16
Well then, you can include there all WC females:wink:
---------------
I guess the orcs would be so seduced by that, that they would be shocked to see her in rage against them:))))))

Especially the sorceress, the sorceress is such a slut. Not to brag or anything, but she likes me clicking her.
/outoftopicandcontext
Only warcraft veterans will understand. :3

Level 16
Indeed. *hot shot*. As for the dialogues, well those were made by Forsaken and adjusted/corrected by me. You could ask Forsaken if you want to adjust them:)

I'll wait for his reply first. ^_^
Well adjusting them is good, but making more medieval/warcraft/lore feel to the conversations really adds up to overall game quality, hence I think this campaign deserves to be perfect, not just great. :3

Level 28
Okay, chapter four is absolutely ridiculous. The attack waves come in at the same time or stack up, you start with no ranged units and the closest rescuable ones are useless against the magic-immune enemies, and there's not nearly enough crystal in the base to set up a proper defense and have a working army...

It's sad, because this campaign obviously had a lot of work put into it, but there are so many aspects that need a lot of polishing.

Level 23
i choose 5/5 dah this user works hard for it and the cam is good you know

+Rep and 5/5

Thank you, i'm glad that you liked! :)

Okay, chapter four is absolutely ridiculous. The attack waves come in at the same time or stack up, you start with no ranged units and the closest rescuable ones are useless against the magic-immune enemies, and there's not nearly enough crystal in the base to set up a proper defense and have a working army...

It's sad, because this campaign obviously had a lot of work put into it, but there are so many aspects that need a lot of polishing.

I don't think so about the game-play, because of this you had two bases to control, one for defense, and another to attack, it's just think a bit(the strategy of the map) , the crystal are pretty fine for me as well, can't be all of it in the same place, and this helps in the difficult of the map as well.

---

Also, knight26 was replied by Private Message.

Level 28
Except that while the allied base can easily defend itself, the main base can't, and is constantly under attack. Every time I fight off a red wave, a brown one comes right after them (or from behind my army).

In addition, the bosses should have visibility blockers around them, since they're firing on your units with impunity or joining the attack waves. (for example, trying to take the brown base from the west approach gets Aethas Flame Striking the army).

There might be some invisible pathing blockers here and there, some ramps and bridges are pathfinding nightmares.

Finally, please make the cutscenes skippable.

Two others: The browns appear to be targeting the hero, not the bases, you should really change that. Also Spell Weavers are created with Defend activated.

Finally beat it, but I stand by my previous statements.

There's a red force called Cine that appears on the final scoreboard.

Mission five:

Items and levels aren't carried over, why?

During the War God cutscene, Vereesa runs off and starts attacking the lizards further off, almost getting herself killed once the cutscene ends.

Mission six: Okay, this one is a lot of fun. The only bug is with the AI, who retreat back to their base before launching the attack to the next target (that is, after the base is destroyed, then the dragon, then the Mogu). Also some of the ending cutscene's text goes by too fast.

Mission Seven: The Priests' Dispel Magic requires Enchantress training, and their Master training requires a Castle.
Peasants aren't affected by the lumber upgrade.

Last edited:
Level 28
Just noticed there's a problem with the models: Cannon towers don't turn when attacking. Also, the tooltip for the Mage Spire says it builds Ballistae and Arcane Guardians.

Still for Mission 8: The red slow effects are still present if you return to Primordius' room after the cutscene.
At one point after the reunion I was attacking the eastern orange base, and all of a sudden there's this giant eyeball that attacked from behind. I don't even know where his bossfight was supposed to happen.
Still the problem with enemies being too close to each other: the hallway with the Mogus inevitably brings in the orange base. Also you should push Horridon back a bit, as right now there are only a few units that can attack him, the others get stuck on the bridge.

The Bleeding Sun interlude goes to the menu instead of the next mission.

Mission 9: Lor'themar doesn't have a portrait in cutscenes. Still a few units attacking early, but a lot less than in other maps.
By the way, I may be doing something wrong here, since the Immersus bossfight wasn't that difficult. His shield was annoying, but I didn't lose a single unit.

Sylvanas' line at the meeting... cute.

...Whaddaya mean that's it?! Now I gotta wait again.

All right, it definitely gets better as you progress. No game-breaking bugs that I can see, and yes, you should definitely get someone to clear up the English (but it remains understandable), I really think you should work on the early levels more (maybe by switching the enchantresses with archers in the fourth mission and reducing the attacks), but it's a good campaign overall. I'm anxious to see the rest of it.

Last edited:
Level 24
I found this one: in Teaching the Master ( I forgot the capter name)

On first cine, Jaina's side was supposed to be Vereesa but it was Lothermar, there backwards, and there's that bug that was the same as the problem with Kalecgos, theres no portrait talking, and can you fix the buttons of the skills, also, the ships in the thunder king capter, where Jaina and Lothermar were capture, and Vereesa rescue them, make them neutral, they could affect the food bar, and theres more i forgot, i'll try to remember them

Level 1
I have a problem I can not go to the chapter 3 (misconceptions) start of opening and then throw some error and game shut down plz help

Level 23
@cleavinghammer
Thanks for the feedback! :)

@Edge45
Thanks,i will fix this for the next version :)

@Lordul Dracula
Thank you!

@Shadow94
Be more specific, the cine just start, and the game close? I will see what can cause this, but for now, i have no ideia lol
Do you have the lastest version of Warcraft? Maybe could be this.

@Mechanical Man
Thanks, but i think that i already updated a version without this bug, and if not, in the next version this will be fixed! :)
But anyway, do you killed the Purple Council?

Level 28
So I replayed the first mission.

You should make the dragon corpses permanent instead of living-but-dead-animation, it's weird seeing a dead body that still has an aura around it.

Why all the gold (including coins) if there's nothing to buy?

Also, I find it strange that so much of the map is just empty space. Seems a bit of a waste.

Level 6
yup, you know what is that inside my mind :p

okay here we go...

I'm disappointed with the result!!
:ogre_rage::ogre_rage:
not really.. because I'm not following the developement history of this project from beginning, but for a great big project like this, I expect so much better result.. I admit I'm lol'ed at the first cinematic because of that stupid Jaina and it's looks promising.. But at the ending of the cinematic, everything's messed up, the dialog ended too fast, about 1 second to read more than 10 words.. You must be joking there.. Despite the game is in "beta" stage maybe.. I can accept that..

But then, I was entering chapter 1 and to be honest, I will say this with rage: I'm disappointed enough with the gameplay :ogre_rage::ogre_rage:
the terrain is so flat, and that godly ice dragon trully doesn't fit to be a "weak" companion!! I don't see something special in the combat.. I don't know about the next chapter, but after I destroyed the first undead building, I rage quit..

Sorry, don't get pissed.. I'm just trying to be honest.. :grin:
I said everything with rage because, I'm disappointed..

@moderator:
I will report if you keep accepting resource based on other people's short review..
it's okay to consider other's opinion, and take it sometimes, but you have just selected a bad one..

lol Rage Quit oh yeah i think theres nothing wrong with the campaign its just the cinematic (after a few hours later i need to admit i rage quit :ogre_rage: all my unit dies and i play it again and bring revenge by cheating godmode its was taste better than a salad cheating is a reward.:ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_hurrhurr: and i like this orge face seems annoying)

Level 3
bug?

im stuck at "Chapter Sever - The Thunder King", look at the attached file. I played it the 2nd time and it happend again, and its annoying.^^

All gates are invulnerable.

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    821.3 KB · Views: 177
Level 3
Just finished it, and really loved it.
It has some flaws which were already mentioned, still a very good campaign. Especially loved the level design, except for "The Thunder King":
- you could move the lever in the prison to a different position
- there should some sort of hint what to do after you free Jaina and Lor'Themar, it was by pure coincidence when I found that trigger with Jaina destroying that gate next to prison.

Level 16
Grammar and spelling errors will be fixed in Forsaken's next update, I already finished with the changes and sending him the file right now. I'm sure he has fixed other bugs that you guys mentioned as well.
I don't understand why all this bitching? Do you have any idea how much effort Forsaken has put into the making of this campaign? If you saw the triggers you would understand.
So please, learn to appreciate someones work, if you have constructive criticism go ahead, otherwise don't act smart. :)
EDIT:
I have edited the times - maybe they are now a little long, but I like to read slowly and carefully. Like a good book.
I have edited the loading screens, and some quest descriptions.

Last edited:
Level 23
As knight26, all the dialogues has been nearly totally re-write, and all of them are in a good time to read and translate if needed, also, for the next version, some bugs will be fixed, and new things add. :)

And thanks all who played the campaign! Almost 2,5k of downloads in 17 days of the released!

Level 3
Since this campaign has been showed up out of the in development section of hive, I would comment which was likely to compared tide of war to other campaigns. (or in other words, gotta rate it harder)

1) cinematic were not skip able.
2) dragon knights in first playable chapter had a frost armor skill as same as one of heroes in that chapter. It should be changed.
3) Many chapters were long, not a bit, until a new cut-screen comes in. It should have many more cut-screens.
4) auto move after killing big boss was not bad but it was not good either. Dropping rune of speed would be much better.
5) Many fight in campaign were likely grinding. I even thought I was playing some kind of MMORPG with no bot.
6) heroes' items in each chapter were not transferred correctly.

Probably, there were more but these, all, were what I could recognize.
Rate: No rate.

Level 5
what's new here? :)

The items that I got from chapter one disappeared in chapter 2 :( that gloves of spell mastery gone down the drain lol fix it pls tnx...great campaign!

Last edited:
Level 5
Hello Forsaken.. Well, Just like OutsiderXE's trilogy of the awesome and epic Warcraft novel based campaigns of "Day of the Dragon", "The Last Guardian". and "Lord of the Clans".. You also made your epic of novel based campaign as well... Congrats, and thanks for giving us in a more colorful, amazing and more fun way to know those parts of the Warcraft lore.. (especially for me, I kinda hate reading stories without even seeing visualizations or pics, my imagination is not really that strong to visualize stories that tells only through words, and also the fact that you presented it in a more awesome and epic way of knowing more or less the events that happened in MoP without playing WoW, it is definitely better playing it here in Warcraft 3... so yeah... your awesome and so as the campaign you made for Warcraft 3)... Just like the others, am now currently waiting for your "Shadows of the Horde" campaign.. :thumbs_up:

Though in my humble opinion to your "Tides of War" campaign... its just that there is one small flaw, just a very small and simple one... In my opinion, when you first released your campaign in April 8, then I was one of the first to play it immediately... I already enjoyed much of it, especially now that you had updated your game, improved the grammars, dialogues, etc... As a reflection to OutsiderXE's "Day of the Dragon" novel-based campaign... I would say, that it is in that campaign where I first saw the young red-haired wizard and his heroism started... until to the day that we saw he died in your "Tides of War" novel-based campaign... The point is, even though Rhonin as well as Vereessa didn't truly appeared as a playable character in any of Blizzard's RTS, because of OutsiderXE and you, Forsaken...

Though comparing from your first released, there is the part where we saw the sad and noble sacrifice of Rhonin at the destruction of Theramore... And the music you used which is Arthas' theme that is "Invincible"... truly fits the very sad scenario of the last moments of Rhonin, his noble sacrifice to save Jaina, Veressa, Shandris... You shouldn't have removed that great, sad music in that scene in your updated version of "Tides of War" campaign.. Believe me when I say, as a guy who played Rhonin even just in a fan novel-based campaign of "Day of the Dragon", you almost had me in tears when you presented to me (us), Rhonin's sacrifice, with the awesome music of Invincible, fits perfectly :ogre_haosis:

Would you mind doing my simple request from a humble fan of your campaigns, my brilliant internet friend? Would it be okay to you if you return that great and sad music in that scenario of Rhonin's death? Or perhaps a sadder and epic composition of music... One very good example is.. Search this on youtube, "Dumbledore's Farewell"... :thumbs_up:

Would you mind doing my simple request from a humble fan of your campaigns, my brilliant internet friend? Would it be okay to you if you return that great and sad music in that scenario of Rhonin's death? Or perhaps a sadder and epic composition of music... One very good example is.. Search this on youtube, "Dumbledore's Farewell"...
Interesting. Oh you made an update, good.

Level 16
Yeah I told Forsaken there were 3-4 mistakes that I made, it's 90% error proof though. The small box of text in the Editor was a pain to work with. So Forsaken, fix that idiology to ideology in your next update. Also there's an error in chapter 2 or 3, instead of couldn't I put could'nt.. I can't remember where exactly..
I never wrote there something like that. The new grammar fixer did that.
Indeed I have :)

Level 3
please add changelog in the main information of this map. It's better for me to find bugs in the newest version and update :D

haven't you added a teleport door in chapter 1 and made skip-cinematic yet? :( Rhonin welcomes early so i can not use gold on the way to buy something in the shop. I think he can wait near seaport :D

Last edited: